Start by marking “Threads of Silk (The Silk House, #3)” as Want to Read:
Threads of Silk (The Silk House, #3)

Threads of Silk (The Silk House #3)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  435 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Royal French Court intrigue surrounds a beautiful young couturiere and her dashing nobleman-husband as Queen Mother Catherine de Medici unfolds her devious scheme to preserve her reign.Rachelle Macquinet, couturiere from one of France's most celebrated silk-making families, is under palace arrest at Fontainebleau. While creating a royal gown, she is ensnared, along with he ...more
Paperback
Published January 15th 2008 by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published January 1st 2008)

Fam
Aug 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book was a little slower than the first 2 in the series, but still a very good book. Biggest disappointment came from the cliffhanger at the end of the book, with a promise for Book 4. When I couldn't find it, I contacted the Author and was told that the publisher decided 3 was enough. Chaikin then gave me a one paragraph wrap-up. Bummer! I would have definitely read a 4th book!
Bookworm1858
Summary: Rachelle and Fabien continue their romance in the face of Catherine Medici's plots and amidst impending religious civil war. Their families are in danger and they are in deep danger due to their beliefs and positions relative to the throne. With their deep faith, they must try to make it through alive.

Thoughts: This book starts rather thrillingly with suspense as Rachelle and Fabien try to stay ahead of Catherine Medici and her plots.

I guess my biggest problem with the book is that the
Bailey
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Threads of Silk began as another exciting chapter in the Silk House series. There were so many exciting things going on with all of the characters. This continued for the majority of the book. The first two-thirds were pretty fast-paced. There was a lot of great adventure and danger, and their lives were an intricate balancing act in the midst of a bunch of schemers. The last one-third of the book really slowed down for me. It seemed like a long passage of time where nothing was really happening ...more
Karen
Jul 06, 2017 rated it liked it
The famous French House of Silk daughter Rachelle Macquinet, a Huguenot, marries Marquis Fabien de Vendome who is directly involved in the intriques of the French aristocracy as well as the protection of the Huguenots. The book chronicles the near Civil War between the Catholic Church and the Huguenots interwoven with the diabolical Catherine de Medici's frenzy to hold the power of the throne of France. The book leaves one hanging at the end where the final page says Book 4 is coming but appare ...more
Ingeborg Stoffer
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, historical story!

Katherine
I wanted to really like this book. And the story was okay. But I had a hard time keeping all the French names separate, especially since I was listening to it and I understand things like that better when I can see the words. I see that it is the third in a series and maybe I would have liked it better if I had read the first two, but at this point I have no interest. I really struggled just to finish listening to the book. I hoped that at least there would be some closure to the story if I fini ...more
Rachelle Sperling
Jan 28, 2016 rated it liked it
I really like Chaikin's mastery of intrigue and I loved book two in this series for it's spiritual emphasis. This book was well written but it felt like a "middle" book. Some plot lines were resolved, but for the most part this book just developed the series a little futher. Normal for a middle of the series book and as a part of the series it is a good read. I'm now waiting for the next book to see where the story is headed.

See my profile for my star rating system.
Julie
Mar 04, 2008 rated it liked it
I liked the book; it's a really good story but it got a little long-winded at times. Also, the religious parts I tended to just skim right over them so I could get on with the story. I enjoy a book that is clean with a religious element, (like Stephen Lawhead) but sometimes it just gets to be a little too much and I feel I'm in the middle of a sermon. I prefer to read religious books that are non-fiction. Sometimes the fiction ones get on my nerves.
Mary
Jul 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved this series, but there will NOT be a 4th book. Very big climax at the end, and no resolution. Book 4 was supposed to be written in 2008. I have read several sites that say they contacted the author, and she is not finishing the series. How very disappointing of her. I would give this higher stars, but I cannot when it was so very disappointing!
Claire
Jun 18, 2012 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed the Silk House series. The end of this book is somewhat of a cliff hanger and a note says the fourth book is to be realeased in 2008! One review I read indicated that person had contacted the author, Linda Lee Chaikin, and she had decided that 3 books in this series was sufficient. Too bad..
Summer
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This entire series is a must read. I love the mystery, intrigues, romance, history, and everything in it. I love how the characters have developed over the three books. Now all I need is book four to come out. No clue as to when that will happen.
Cynthia
I enjoyed this one the best out of the series - maybe because Rachelle finally gets the love of her life:) The intrigue in the French court is very interesting and makes me want to know what will happen to The Queen Mother and Margurite. Chaikin does a fantastic job of making history come alive!
Afifa
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
het was echt spannend en leuk!!!
ik hou van historische verhalen en deze verdiend een 10!
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved this series, but where is book 4? :)
Cassie
Feb 26, 2014 rated it did not like it
It was an interesting discourse on the reformation in France, but not the spy story I was looking for.
Robyn
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
amazing!! kept me in the edge of my seat!!! There was supposed to be a 4th book but it was never published!!
April Perez
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved the book. Frustrated to find out that there is no book 4. Book ended on a cliff hanger.
Lindsey
Jan 29, 2011 rated it liked it
a ltitle slow
Breanna
Oct 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
nothing short of awesome
Natalya
Another spectacular addition to the series!
Qixochitl
May 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, read-in-2010
The beginning was great, but the rest of the book - except for the last ten pages - was a little bit disappointing.
Angela Simmons
rated it it was ok
May 22, 2010
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Dec 17, 2014 04:26PM
where is #4? 5 27 Sep 19, 2012 08:08AM
  • Blue Enchantress (Charles Towne Belles, #2)
  • A Prisoner of Versailles (Darkness to Light, #2)
  • Love's First Light
  • Castles: Kingdom Divided / Alas My Love / If Only / Five Geese Flying
  • Love on Assignment (Ladies of Summerhill, #2)
  • Wild Heather (English Ivy, #2)
  • A Necessary Deception  (The Daughters of Bainbridge House #1)
  • The Winds of God
  • The House in Grosvenor Square
  • Riona (Fires of Gleannmara, #2)
  • Bachelor's Puzzle (Patchwork Circle, #1)
  • Island of the Innocent (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #7)
  • Surrender the Night (Surrender to Destiny, # 2)
Linda Chaikin is a Christian fiction author with a focus on historical fiction. She sometimes publishes using the name L.L. Chaikin.

Linda was the youngest of 10 children and her father died shortly after she was born. She wrote her first full-length novel with pen and paper at the age of 14 - this novel was later rewritten as Wednesday's Child, part of the Day to Remember series.

She met her husban
More about Linda Lee Chaikin...

The Silk House (3 books)
  • Daughter of Silk (The Silk House, #1)
  • Written on Silk (The Silk House, #2)