Start by marking “The Kiss (Witch & Wizard, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Kiss (Witch & Wizard, #4)

The Kiss

(Witch & Wizard #4)

Whit and Wisty Allgood, a witch and wizard with extraordinary abilities, have defeated the ruthless dictator who long overshadowed their world. But for the first time in their lives, the powerful brother and sister find themselves at odds as Wisty is drawn to a mysterious and magical stranger named Heath.
Wisty has never felt as free as she does with Heath, especially whe
Published February 4th 2013 by jimmy patterson (first published January 1st 2013)

dyanne
Feb 04, 2013 rated it did not like it
Ok James Patterson, enough is enough.

description

I am going to GAG. Someone hand me a plastic bag so I can barf into it.

Here's pretty much what happened in chronological order, more or less: learns new book is coming out. gets sort of excited but thinks Mr. Patterson writes too many crappyish books. Goes to website. Sees description. Thinks so far, so good . Sees free excerpt section. Gets all worked up. Think first 2 chapters were okay. Then reads this...

“I can understand your friend’s mistake,” a voice
Mig
description

UPDATE: They're gonna re-release it with a matching cover for the old covers of Witch and Wizard! The Kiss by James Patterson

UPDATE: I just noticed. Who the heck is that girl in the cover? It better not be Wisty! Wisty is supposed to be young-looking, full of freckles and soft and nerdy looking face. Not an adult model-looking girl. Pfftt.

What? a 4th book? Are you kidding me? Sure, the ending is a bit off but a new one? What if this turns out like Maximum Ride? From three books to eight books? I'M PANICKING! the new cove
Katlyn
Some parts were good, some parts were bad. Then there was the instant love.

Then there were cool parts, and the just plain creepy.
It was just a load of oddness.
Johns
Feb 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
Okay, I have to complain about a few things.

The Cover. What the hell is up with the cover? If that beautiful baboon is supposed to be Wisteria Rose Allgood, I will bust Dahvie Vanity's walnut. Like, for real.
The Title. Yeah, what the fuck is up with the title? I mean "The Kiss"? LOL Oh James, your attempt at romance amuses me with Wisty. (Still worship you though. . . .)

The Plot. Eh, this seems a bit iffy with me. I read the summary and it sounds like it could end with me burning it or end up wi
Katie
Feb 07, 2013 marked it as to-read
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU JAMES PATTERSON!?????!??!?!?

Listen. I fell in love with the Maximum Ride novels. Even though the last couple books weren't very good, I still read them.

I read all three of the Witch and Wizard series, and this is so stupid. I'm betting it's going to be a stupid love triangle!!!!

*LATER*

It's staring up at me. That nutso face on the cover. It beckons, "Read me! READ ME!" I am tempted. Should I finish the series? Or save myself from the potentially terrible plot that is envel
A. Belladonna
Jul 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really missed this guys. Whist and Wisty are good example of how should look love between siblings. But, I wish there was more Byron. From asshole, he turned to real sweetheart. And Wisty should be with him.

To be honest, I think this part was the best so far.
Elle!
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Fans of Dark and Lovely. Twilight.
Recommended to Elle! by: Myself. *deserves a good smack*
So this is book 4 in the trilogy.........Wait...Hunh???? This is book four in the series of THREE. My initial reaction was followed by a massive eye rub and squinting at the book again.

My reaction after the first two chapters.

By the End of the Book:

description

Before this: I merrily went my way and purchased the novel. Yes PURCHASED. I know it was stupid but I trusted and accepted myself as a James Patternson Cult Member. I mean I love his work. So I read it and.... Boy I didn't know what I was in for.

Book
Nicole Sol
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It was so intense and pretty much the whole book makes you do a cartwheel from your emotions. While reading this i was angry and i repeatedly insulted the characters in my mind but i forged on. There are so many twists to this story, but i loved each and everyone of them. You think you know how it's going to end but then the story just sends you another curveball. I know people always say that. "You dont know how it's going to end." But i'm usually very good at predicting what's going to happen ...more
Kaede
Oct 27, 2012 marked it as to-read
I'm sorry but, if I recall, a trilogy meant THREE books. You know; tri=three and all that stuff? So now it's a saga? And you're ending the series off with a book dedicated to passion and romance? Nice move James Patterson and ghost writer. Nice.

I'm so reading this. And for all the wrong reasons.
Ricky
I was a bit worried when it was announced that this book was coming out. Not because I thought it would be bad, but because I thought it would just suffer from the same negative-review attack that The Final Warning suffered, unfairly too because it's a very good book.

Any negative reviews this one gets are similarly undeserved.

I was initially wondering how Patterson could possibly continue the series, but he definitely found a way to do it more than satisfactorily. I'm halfway through it and alre
Gretchen Schott
Feb 04, 2013 rated it liked it
The Kiss was better than I expected but my expectations were low. I love the main characters Wisty & Whit Allgood. I want to see how their story ends. I was so disappointed in the 3rd book in this series The Gift, I almost didn't pick this up. I'm glad I did. It renewed my my excitement about the story of these two siblings.

The authors are trying to evolve & invent a new world which fringes on descriptions we have read in stories like The Hunger Games & Fahrenheit 451. Government is
Tessa
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I TOTALLY KNEW IT!!!!!

SPOILER ALERT!! -ish

I KNEW Heath was bad news!! The twist at the end was SO GOOD! XD I absolutely loved the twist at the end with Heath/Pearce. It's interesting how Patterson had a messed up, sociopathically disturbed guy -- who I think has semi-good tho twisted intentions, but just a lil unhinged -- and have him fall in love, something The One was never really capable of. Maybe his love for Wisty will set him on the right track??

XX SPOILER ENDED!! XX

I can't wait to see h
Wolf (Alpha)
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a very thrilling book. I like that Wisty and Whit were finally recognized for their action and that people were not trying to kill them for the moment. I liked that Pearl tried her hardest even though she was in a bad condition. I like that Njar saved Ross, Janine, and Whit even though he could have been killed. I loved that Janine loved Whit enough to sacrafice her life for him. I like that Whit & Whisty made things right in the end.
Audree Del Rosario
Feb 07, 2013 marked it as to-read
Well hello there Witch and Wizard # 4. I thought the series ended in the fire?!??!? It was such a good ending why would you want to add a love story to it? What happened to Byron, I thought maybe Wisty and him... Oh whatever. I want this book but I'm not expecting it to be as great as the first three which we all know was supposed to be TRILOGY. *sigh
Sophie
Aug 27, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is the best of them all. Lordy May, I think it's brilliant, and you know I've been reading these books for too long when I give it 3 stars and call it brilliant. I think, and this is my opinion because I looove stories around cobblestoned, medieval, Sarah J. Mass villages, that they should have focused on Pear a lot more. Ooooh if they made Pearl a badass Celaena-type but bad because she'd been brainwashed and made her hella awesome... yaaaaaassss. This book was quick-paced and followe ...more
Mandy
Aug 17, 2017 rated it liked it
A bit of a disappointment from the other books. Some parts were a bit predictable, which gave this book lower ratings than the other ones. I'm a bit nervous for the final book, I hope it gets better!
Billi Martin
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed each and every page.

Each book in this series gets better and better !! Why isn't this series produced for television? I can gladly write a script or two.
Sheila
Jul 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Wizard 4
Ashley  Marie
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: readingwitfoxes
I felt bad for Wisty in the end
Alissa
I was surprised to find this book as exciting and action packed as the rest in the series. After how things ended in the third book, I was pretty sure the next two books would struggle to keep the momentum that has been consistent in the series as a whole. I should know not to doubt James Patterson by now.

(view spoiler)
Gdalton72
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The book The Kiss by James Patterson starts off slow but you just can’t turn away and it progressively gets better and better going into more and more detail, to the point where you can almost close your eyes and see what's happening. There's a lot of twists and turns and you visit many different places throughout the story, such as the mountains and the streets, the back roads, and even a frozen lake. It has a great way of getting you into the book with all the action and drama that happens, fo ...more
Jamie
May 24, 2013 rated it it was ok
I read and enjoyed the first three books in the Witch and Wizard series, but this seemed a desperate grasp at keeping the series going. (I thought it was a trilogy until this book was released.) My first impression came from the cover. I hate the cover. It's all about Wisty, when Whit is supposed to be an equal character. At least that's how the series started. (Well, maybe it started more with Whit, but I digress.) The first 3 covers had a single letter: W (Witch & Wizard), G (The Gift), an ...more
Aaron
Apr 20, 2013 rated it liked it
James Patterson generally should have stayed away from the idea of writing for teens. At first glance, he would seem like the perfect author for them because his adult books are full of action and written at a very approachable reading level. With that said, he can't seem to write a teen novel without dumbing it down and telling a story that speaks to the stereotypes of teens. For example, all of his teen novels are populated with adults who are all evil.

This is actually one of the strongest of
Naomi
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The Kiss is the fourth book to the Witch and Wizard series by James Patterson. This book continues with Whit and Wisty, after defeating the world’s most evil villain The One Who is the One. Whit and Wisty are now members of the council, and they are trying to fix their city that was once taken over by The One. Whit and Wisty are now running the city because kids are now in charge, but they are faced with a problem. There is a new threat to the city and his name is the Wizard King. The Wizard Kin ...more
Rana
Mar 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
To be totally honest with everyone, I was very disappointed that there was a fourth book to the Witch and Wizard series, because the third book would have been the prfect ending to the book because it ended it on a happy note, and I promised myself that I would burn all the Witch and Wizard books and throw the ashes into a pool of gasoline, and set it on fire again. My expectations for this book is very very low, but as I got farther into the book, my expectations were raise like 200%.

It turns o
Hannah
Jun 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Witch and wizard 4

The first thing that was wrong with this book is the fact that it never should have been made. The previous series was good but not amazing. It's a decent book but Patterson should have left the series alone.
The first thing I thought when I read the front cover was "what happened to Byron?" I didn't really like Byron but I felt bad for the guy. He had a chance with Wisty and then she just dumped him randomly.
Speaking of Wisty, what's with her? In the series, she is this to
A
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love James Patterson. I've read, loved, worshiped, and wept over all his books. His Witch and Wizard was no exception. I loved the original trilogy, so it was no surprise that when I found out that there was going to be a sequel, I was filled both with joy and dread.

Joy since...duh! New Witch and Wizard book. And dread, because, well, I was afraid it would've been another let down like some other series I know. But of course, I just had to read it.

It started off, like all James Patterson books
Snakegoddess716
Marcia Adversalo
Mar 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
I hate to say that I think this is a good ending to this series because last time I thought that was the first time that I read The Fire and thought it was the end of the series. However, this would be a good place to end the series. It ties everything together and wraps up the story with the world in peace. I must admit to having been shocked by the interconnectedness of all of the characters throughout the series. Obviously the known family members were connected, but this book showed several ...more
Rea K
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Celebrating the fall of the New Order, a new Council is formed and a new leader, Matthias Bloom is elected.At a ceremony is held to celebrate, Wisty meets a mysterious boy named Heath who she immediately falls in love with. Whit and Byron don't rust Heath and warn Wisty but she is angry at them for doing so. Wisty finds kissing Heath addicting and obsesses with the energy. Celia warns Whit about kidnappings by the Mountain King. She warns him that he's an ancient, powerful force. Wisty and Whit ...more
The Nooks of Books: The Kiss 1 3 Mar 06, 2015 03:52PM
Magical Stories: What did you think of Wisty after reading The Kiss by James Patterson? 1 7 Oct 03, 2014 02:31PM
Witch & Wizard: Anyone read the latest book in the series 'The Kiss'? 3 7 Jun 17, 2014 07:04PM
Character Elimination Game 1 3 Oct 25, 2013 03:34PM
Should I read this? 11 26 Jul 28, 2013 09:56AM

• Thorne (The Chronicles of Kaya, #2)
  • Color Bleach+: The Bleach Official Bootleg
  • Unbound (The Griever's Mark #3)
  • Rebel Spirits
  • Immortal Fire (Red Winter Trilogy, #3)
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
  • The Lazarus Pit
  • Blood Lad, Vol. 3
  • Neverwas  (Amber House, #2)
  • The Unseen 2 (The Unseen, #3-4)
  • The Marked (Delcroix Academy, #2)
  • Destiny (Immortal, #4)
  • Boys Will Be Boys
  • Rise (Nightshade Prequel #2; Nightshade World #2)
  • Ocean Realm (Crystal Doors, #2)
  • The Impossibility of Tomorrow (Incarnation, #2)
  • Relic Master Part 2
  • Thornlost  (Glass Thorns, #3)
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books wo

Witch & Wizard (5 books)
  • Witch & Wizard (Witch & Wizard, #1)
  • The Gift (Witch & Wizard, #2)
  • The Fire (Witch & Wizard, #3)
  • The Lost (Witch & Wizard, #5)
“I was never a coward," he says irritably, struggling out of my grasp. "I was just sensible.” 4 likes