Start by marking “Don't Say Yes When You Want to Say No: Making Life Right When It Feels All Wrong” as Want to Read:

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  252 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Yes, you can learn to say what you mean and mean  what you say. This best-selling guide has already  transformed thousands of lives--and can change  your as well. The authors' pioneering Assertiveness  Training Technique can help you gain recognition  and promotion on the job, renew your marriage, put  more zing in your sex life, deal with your  children more effectively, ...more
Published October 15th 1975 by Dell

Maryann
May 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-reads
I don't know why I keep torturing myself with self-help books. I guess it's just a hobby of mine. ;) This one acutally had some useful information in it. As someone who goes from passive then straight to aggressive this book did give good advice on how to be assertive.
Raisa
Oct 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
This book is timeless. In fact, everyone should read this because there are certain aspects in our lives that we are unassertive about. If people would only know how to properly express their feelings towards another - a loved-one, a friend, a boss - then this world would become a better place.
Jean
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Despite some weirdly dated material, especially about gay people, this book is overall a self-help classic that offers well-written, practical and useful ideas for increasing one's assertiveness.
John Kewish
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the most important books I have ever read. Concise, well supported chapters guide the reader toward the vision of a more manageable future.
Shubham Agnihotri
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Don't say Yes when you want to say No" a book on Assertive Training. Seriously, I bought it for its title but this book has more than that No. When you start reading you may find it uninteresting because of subjects it talks about. It has some good ideas about 'reinforcers', 'assertion vs aggression', 'goal orientation' and lastly 'being assertive at job', these are common ideas and one might find it intriguing. I skipped one chapter that was centered on 'get thin' because I already don't like ...more
Laura-Leigh
Mar 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed much of the book but give it 5 stars because at the end there is a mediation exercise that I did at an event years ago that I have tried to remember that printed in the Appendix!
Prasanna
Feb 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A must to read.
Prabuddha Das
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I say yes most often and also get troubled by it. I could not hold me to buy this seeing its title but somehow it could not meet the expectations set. I got lost after first two chapters and could not relate with the title. It was simply reading the cases. Some of the examples are brilliant. To my surprise I was able to find the insight I was looking at in the last few chapters.
Roa'a

Jun 02, 2018
Maka
Sep 16, 2014
Pushkar
I don't know why I read this thing may be because I'm addicted to self-help books, but it really has some unique way to act what the title of the book says "Don't say yes when you want to say no ".If you've got some time or wanna eradicate this common problem that we face today, Give it a try... Happy Reading!!
Sonja
rated it it was ok
Mar 05, 2017
  • Your Perfect Right: Assertiveness and Equality in Your Life and Relationships
  • 10 Simple Secrets of the World's Greatest Business Communicators
  • The Assertiveness Workbook: How to Express Your Ideas and Stand Up for Yourself at Work and in Relationships
  • Find Out Who's Normal and Who's Not: Proven Techniques to Quickly Uncover Anyone's Degree of Emotional Stability
  • Playing It by Heart: Taking Care of Yourself No Matter What
  • Don't Call That Man!: A Survival Guide to Letting Go
  • The Psychologist's Book Of Self-Tests: 25 Love, Sex, Intelligence, Career, And Personality Tests Developed By Professionals to Reveal the Real You
  • The Complexity of Cooperation: Agent-Based Models of Competition and Collaboration
  • The Power of Positive Thinking and the Amazing Results of Positive Thinking Collection
  • Women and Men in My Life
  • The Little Black Book of Big Red Flags
  • Boundaries and Relationships: Knowing, Protecting and Enjoying the Self
  • Be Your Own Life Coach
  • Focus: Achieving Your Highest Priorities
  • Writings: The Autobiography / Poor Richard’s Almanack / Bagatelles, Pamphlets, Essays & Letters
  • Who am I?: 16 Basic Desires that Motivate Our Actions Define Our Personalities
  • Finding the Space to Lead: A Practical Guide to Mindful Leadership

$7.99 $1.99
    $27.99 $2.99
  • Waiter Rant: Thanks for the Tip-Confessions of a Cynical Waiter
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Dakota: A Spiritual Geography (Dakotas)
    $13.99 $1.99
    $10.74 $1.99
  • The Beauty Myth: How Images of Beauty Are Used Against Women
    $14.99 $2.99
    $18.99 $1.99
  • The God Particle: If the Universe Is the Answer, What Is the Question?
  • The Wright Brothers