Start by marking “Into the Bermuda Triangle (Turbulence, #1)” as Want to Read:
Into the Bermuda Triangle (Turbulence, #1)

Into the Bermuda Triangle

(Turbulence #1)

You don’t need to be macho to be strong. AVA First Officer Paul Cronin should know—he’s a gay pilot in a profession that reeks of testosterone. The pilots are macho. The mechanics are macho. Heck, even the baggage handlers are macho. It seems like the only men on the airline who aren’t strutting around talking cars and football are the flight attendants.

With his scheduled
ebook, 1st Edition, 30 pages
Published May 15th 2012 by JCP Books LLC (first published May 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Into the Bermuda Triangle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into the Bermuda Triangle

Start your review of Into the Bermuda Triangle (Turbulence, #1)
Julio Genao
Sep 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Julio by: Kaje Harper
creepy good fun.

loads of tension—finished it in a rush of excitement, happy i've got the other seven of these episodes ready to go.

people of color! romantic leads who are neither gonzo macho alphas nor simpering twinks!

¡female pilot!

booyakasha. respek.
Jordan Price
May 12, 2012 marked it as wrote  ·  (Review from the author)
Although the term "Bermuda Triangle" was coined in the sixties, the phrase is a total seventies throwback for me. In a good way. It's one of those mysterious, ominous things that sends a little shiver down my spine.

First Officer Paul Cronin, my protagonist, would have a hard time keeping a straight face if he heard me say that. Paul's a skeptic, and there's nothing unusual at all about that particular stretch of the Atlantic.

...Or is there?
Sofia
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it

Yes please I want more - I want to see where JCP takes this.

Creepy ........... curious..........
Eugenia
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars rounded up because I WANT TO BELIEVE that the Bermuda Triangle and its mysteries are real. Also, fantastic editing. Depth of character? Difficult to achieve in a scant 30 pages, but I enjoyed the story and the spooky mystery! And it was a freebie. Awesomeness, thanks JCP!
Cole Riann
I think I might become addicted to this! This pilot episode of JCP's new series of shorts about the Bermuda Triangle sparks with the same sort of wonder I felt when I watched the pilot episode of Lost...

Which can only mean that I'll probably become severely addicted!

It is a bit difficult to rate or review such a short first installment of a series. Most of this is setup to the characters and world, and we only get the first little bit of what is going on with a very ala Stephen King (can you
Heather C
I really liked this, of course it ended right when it started to get interesting. Well, I guess that's what I should have expected with a serial; can't wait for the next "episode" though. This was very weird and Stephen King-ish.
Lilia Ford
Dec 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
So, so cool. Part one of the series features a weird but fascinating combination of atmospheric build-up and carefully researched details about flying commercial jets. About a thousand extra points for the terrific and refreshingly diverse cast of characters. I could not get part two loaded fast enough onto my Kindle.

Also mind-blowing: the entire 8-part story is FREE.
Stephanie
May 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ongoing-series
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
Cue The X-Files theme tune.

Think back to that pilot episode when Gillian Anderson was frumpy and David Duchovny was still cute, when everyone believed Mulder to be just another nutty alien-enthusiast. That is, until Scully witnessed strange events for herself and her whole world view changes.

"The truth is out there."

The above reflects this first "episode" of Turbulence. First Officer Paul Conin is cast in the role of Scully, the newbie sceptic. Dallas, a flight attendant, is Mulder to Paul's
Lady*M
May 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal

It's hard to rate the story that is basically a pilot episode - no pun intended. It's an intro into the world of Turbulence that sets up a stage for future stories. We are introduced to four characters - Marlin, a mysterious man whose role as a Guide is still unknown, Paul Cronin, gay First Officer, Dallas Turner, black Flight Attendant and Paul's potential love interest, and Kaye Lehr, closed-mouthed Captain on Flight 511. As a hook, it works beautifully. I want more and now, damn it!
Chris
May 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
5/13/2012: Very good short m/m paranormal setting the stage for future episodes of this serial about pilots who fly into the Bermuda Triangle. You are definitely left wanting more! :)
6/23/2012: I reread this before reading the second installment and am glad I did - not only did I get more out of it than I did the first time, it helped make things in the second installment clearer.
Alisa
Interesting start to this series
Ami
Aug 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-short-stories
I'm definitely a minority in the league of Jordan Castillo Price's fans. I admit her being a genius. Her recent stories are progressively unique. However, because of that, they don't always click with my simple mind. That's why I pretty much stick only with her Psycop series. But since this is a serialized short story, I thought I could give it a try.

It does have a "Twilight Zone" weirdness sense to it. It opens with an intriguing scene of a man committing suicide after accepting of being "The
♣ Irish Smurfétté ♣
Holy. Crap. Ha! Despite the title, I had no idea what was in store when I started reading. I sure as hell had no idea when I got to the end.

JCP has this magical yet grounded way of introducing characters. She's economical in her word choices and time spent, yet she paints such a clear picture of them. Well, clear enough in terms of what she wants us to know at that particular juncture.

Then the surprises start coming, both in plot and characterization.

I like Paul. I think he likes himself, along
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
First episode of Turbulence introduce Dallas, a flight attendant, and Paul, a pilot. Since Flight 511 needs a new pilot (the previous one died in the beginning of the story), Paul ends up on it. Neither Dallas nor the captain prepare him for what happens during the flight. As far as Paul is concerned, it is 'be careful what you wish for' situation. It is an interesting beginning.
It is too short and it ends abruptly, but I knew that before reading so it didn't influence my opinion.
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
Sweet beginning to this episodic tale. I liked all the characters. The first few pages were a bit confusing and off-putting, but once I got past that, I was hooked. When I was done, I had to go to JCP's website and buy the rest of them. This book introduced the mystery and the budding romance, but they don't even kiss yet. Interesting premise, not one I've heard before. I'll definitely stay with this one. For such a short book, I learned a lot about preparing and piloting a plane. Either Price ...more
Mel
3,5 stars

This story is basically the literary equivalent of a (excuse the pun) pilot episode to a new mini series. A good mix of intriguing characters, mystery and humor, to grab your interest...and maybe keep you watching the rest of the season.
Anna Kļaviņa
Oct 05, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Anna by: Julio Genao
Look, a freebie with a nice cover by an author whose books I've previously enjoyed

-click click click

plus Julio approves

eta: Serials are just not my thing.
Lauraadriana
May 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Who else like Jordan Castillo Price? NOBODY.

Another awesome arc in the works...ME WANT MOOOOORE.
Ery
Aug 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
While not a novel idea, JCP still executes an interesting cliff-hanger of a book. These are really short glimpses of a story (~600 locations on kindle), so don't expect a full story. I think I'll wait until the stories is complete to continue - I can't do the serialized thing. It certainly looks like it will be a good one though!

Oh - if , like me, you get really annoyed at books that are sold piecemeal just to reap higher profits (ie 10 tiny stories x $2 = 1 $20 sorry) no need to worry here. JCP
Theo Fenraven
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
I've enjoyed every single book I've read from this author...except this one. It's too short, for one thing (most of her releases are short, not even novella length, but this one is really short), and I never got a good grasp on the characters or situation they find themselves in.

I'm not likely to continue reading this series.
Sandra
A serial series to come out monthly, FREE at JCP books.

Great first 'episode'. This one introduces us to Paul and Dallas as well as Flight 511, and merely wets our appetites as to the strange happenings of the this flight through the Bermuda Triangle.
Susan65
May 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Definitely different. Very short.

Not a romance, no sex, but a mystery with a cliff hanger. Like the first chapter or two of a book but thats it. Guess i got keep reading until the next book comes out.
Lenore
I'm not sure I enjoy serialized fiction...
Connie
Sep 04, 2012 rated it did not like it
can I have my 15 minutes back?
Tami
Mar 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Felt like a teaser, with a huge cliffhanger. Well written, but more a scetch than a full drawing.
Not sure if I will follow up with the sequels, though I enjoyed the psy cops series a lot.
Becca
Jun 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Bermuda triangle has always been interesting and this is a good start to a mystery series featuring it. I like it
ttg
May 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews, m-m
Turbulence 1: Into the Bermuda Triangle is the first installment of a new monthly serial novel series. So far, it's a total blast to read. In this installment, you'll meet Paul, a young First Officer who takes his job and responsibility to his passengers very seriously (while still enjoying the time to flirt with the sexy and forward Dallas, a flight attendant employed by the same airline.) Paul is called in to fill in for another pilot, and that's when things move from routine to weird.

It's a
Wicked Incognito Now
This is the first installment in a serial story titled Turbulence. I'm not sure what to make of it so far. It ended on a classic cliffhanger. The Dallas/Paul attraction has real potential and the Bermuda Triangle mystery reminds me of my childhood. I used to be majorly freaked out by the Bermuda Triangle and watched tons of TV shows documenting strange disappearances.

It such a coincidence...just the other day I launched a full out explanation for my daughter about this very thing. We're moving,
Fangtasia
Jun 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Arrrrgh! Too short, stops right when it gets interesting, next one not out yet!

This is an introduction, a pilot, to a new series by this wonderful writer. Good news, as I read everything she writes. Bad news as now I have to find the patience to wait for the first story in the new world. Patience is SO not one of my virtues.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Turbulence - finding it free 4 16 Feb 08, 2013 10:12AM

• Borrowing Blue (Made Marian, #1)
  • Dyeing to be Loved (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #1)
  • Something to Dye For (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #2)
  • Dyed and Gone to Heaven (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #3)
  • I Do, or Dye Trying (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries,#4)
  • Bunking With the First Mate (Bunking With the First Mate, #1)
  • Short Shockers: Collection One
  • Thorne at Christmas: A Short Story Collection (Tom Thorne Novels)
  • Taming Teddy (Made Marian, #2)
  • Ghost Hunters Guide to Protecting Yourself from Demons, Ghosts, Bad Luck, Paranormal, Black Magic, Hauntings and Demonic Possessions
  • A Dye Hard Holiday (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #5)
  • Unearthing the Bones (Memory of Bones #0.5)
  • Someone to Call My Own (Road to Blissville, #2)
  • Jumping Jude (Made Marian, #3)
  • Ride or Dye (Curl Up and Dye Mysteries, #6)
  • Unscripted Love (Road to Blissville, #1)
  • Rock 'n' Roll is Undead (Veronica Mason, #1)
  • Nobody's Prince Charming (Road to Blissville, #3)
Author and artist Jordan Castillo Price writes paranormal sci-fi thrillers colored by her time in the Midwest, from inner city Chicago, to various cities across southern Wisconsin. She’s settled in a 1910 Cape Cod near Lake Michigan with tons of character and a plethora of bizarre spiders. Any disembodied noises, she’s decided, will be blamed on the ice maker.

Jordan is best known as the author of

Turbulence (8 books)
  • Autopilot Engaged (Turbulence, #2)
  • Red-Eye Dawn (Turbulence, #3)
  • Connecting Flight (Turbulence, #4)
  • Black Box (Turbulence, #5)
  • Flying Blind (Turbulence, #6)
  • Radio Silence (Turbulence, #7)
  • Final Boarding (Turbulence, #8)