Start by marking “Always Know What To Say - Easy Ways To Approach And Talk To Anyone” as Want to Read:
Always Know What To Say - Easy Ways To Approach And Talk To Anyone

Always Know What To Say - Easy Ways To Approach And Talk To Anyone

3.15  ·  Rating details ·  2,853 Ratings  ·  118 Reviews
Want to know the easy way to approach and make conversation with new people? In this book you`ll discover simple ways to ensure you always have something interesting to talk about.

Find out how popular people make it look so easy and how you can do the same.

This short 17 page book covers the following strategies:

- How to Approach Someone to Start a Conversation
- 9 Great Wa
Published January 16th 2012 (first published November 15th 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about Always Know What To Say - Easy Ways To Approach And Talk To Anyone

Danielle West
Apr 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Reading this book is kind of like reading a serious of mediocre blog posts. A lot of solid advice that is either very obvious or in the easier said then done column. Filled with a smattering of exclamation points so that you know that this is all very exciting information!

On a scale from Totally Awesome to Horrifically Awful, I'd give it a Not Horrifically Awful. You could find the same info, probably less annoyingly written, with a quick google search. But the book is free, so...yeah. Reading i
Thomas
Sep 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
I'll give the author the benefit of the doubt and say he probably was not writing this with autism in mind. Or anxiety. Well, anxiety past the "cute and quirky, with sweaty hands" stage, anyway. This book does not deal with what to do when you vomit on that cute stranger.

For the first half it seems to be afraid of commas. Towards the end it becomes apparent that the writer doesn't understand that commas, force a pause. See what I did there? I got all self demonstrating up in this bitch.

Some sent
Joseph
Oct 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Simple Advice

I didn't find anything wrong with this book, but I didn't find much that was new or particularly useful, either. However, reminders of the simple ways to improve your conversations is not a bad thing. In fact, if you haven't mastered the basics, that's going to be the best place to start anyway.
Marco
Jul 15, 2013 rated it did not like it
I mainly read this because it was free on Amazon Kindle and I thought it'd be a good comparison to Quiet The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain.

From the perspective of someone who is a gregarious, (perhaps-sometimes-overly-)talkative extrovert, I've never really had a problem with knowing what to say, though I wanted to improve myself in terms of making good conversation, what with Freshers at university coming soon.

The book gave plenty of good tips (mainly ones
Mariah
May 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
I decided to pick up an old book in my garage that was meant to be sold in next month’s garage sale, and would have most likely been unnoticed each morning as I walk past it to get into my car. The title caught my eye, Always Know What to Say: Easy Ways to Approach and Talk to Anyone by Peter W Murphy. Don’t let this seventeen-page booklet fool you: it breaks down several areas such as how to approach someone, how to carry on a conversation, and even strategies to read one’s body language. I cam ...more
The Book Man
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a very short interesting book.
If you are a shy person or if you are a business major then for sure this book is important for you.
It is about communication and the importance of it. Even if you’re not that communicative person here are some tips of “how to be a good communicator”.
It does not give tips to “impress” people. I think a good/servant leader does not want to impress others. If there is a leader that wants to impress people; it would not seem to me impressive at all.
This kind of
Kimberly R. Decker
Easy read, realistic advice

I like that this book offer practical and realistic advice. it provided a few conversation starters for different situations and keys on how to keep the conversation moving. The one thing I didn't care for was the beginning of the book which listed all the mistakes people make when meeting new people. To me, the focus was negative, discussing all the bad things one does versus instilling confidence in the reader. Overall there are helpful conversational tips. I don't t
Kameisha Hodge
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Common Sense

I chose this book to read because I felt that as an entrepreneur and CEO, I needed to become better at socializing/networking with my peers and colleagues. Not only was it a quick read, but this particular book was written in a very understandable way. It is very accessible! Basic human interaction is simplified in Murphy's piece, and he does a great job at breaking down the concepts he brings forth. Super helpful.
Eileen Carter
Jun 19, 2014 rated it liked it
Enlightening

Enlightening

This book had lots of insight on how to be better at communicating with others. It opened my eyes to stunned things that I do and didn't realize were not good when talking with others. Well worth reading if you are interested in being a better conversationalist.
Valerie Steimle
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
An easy and understandable help for those who need an insightful voice in what to say to others... A great reference book...
  • Energize: Ignite Passion and Performance with User Friendly Brain Tools (Positive Change by Retraining the Brain)
  • The Truth About the New Rules of Business Writing (Truth About Series)
  • A Heart on Fire: Catholic Witness and the Next America
  • Joyful Momma's Guide to Shopping & Cooking Frugally
  • Boost Your Memory: Brilliant Ideas You Won't Forget (52 Brilliant Ideas)
  • Presentations in Action: 80 Memorable Presentation Lessons from the Masters
  • The Royal Joust (Girls to the Rescue)
  • Stress Busters (Stress Management Techniques) How to use stress to your advantage, beat burnout, and accomplish anything - on your terms
  • Journal of a Cavalry Bugler
  • Attack Your Day!: Before It Attacks You
  • Math for Grownups
  • Being Happy
  • UnSelling: Sell Less ... To Win More
  • Ten Interesting Things about Human Behavior
  • Living Successfully with Screwed-Up People
  • Make More, Worry Less: Secrets from 18 Extraordinary People Who Created a Bigger Income and a Better Life
  • The Soulmate Experience: A Practical Guide to Creating Extraordinary Relationships
  • Astronomy For Amateurs (Illustrated Edition)
“If you don’t want to change, how are you going to handle living with this limitation for the rest of your life?” 2 likes
“Spending time with people who like you and care about you is essential for your well being while meeting like minded people keeps you connected to all the joy, variety and wonder of life. Life is richer, brighter and more colorful with great people to share the journey.” 2 likes