Start by marking “Fragile Spirits (Souls, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fragile Spirits (Souls, #2)

Fragile Spirits (Souls #2)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  620 Ratings  ·  86 Reviews
Paul has always known he was a Protector, fated to serve a Speaker who could hear the voices of spirits lingering after death and help those souls find peace.

Vivienne ignores the voices of the dead.

Paul has always followed the Protector’s rule book, preparing diligently for the day when he’d be matched with his Speaker and fulfill his destiny.

Vivienne never does what she’s
Published January 23rd 2014 by Philomel

To ask other readers questions about Fragile Spirits, please sign up.

Dreamingintherain It is a sequel, it's just focusing on a background character that had shown up in Shattered Souls. The main characters from Shattered Souls are in…moreIt is a sequel, it's just focusing on a background character that had shown up in Shattered Souls. The main characters from Shattered Souls are in this, and you do see their story progress a bit more. You should definitely read them in order, that way you'll understand everything and so you don't get major spoilers. I'm not sure about a paperback version, you should probably ask the author on her GoodReads profile.(less)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
2,405 books — 15,815 voters
YA Novels of 2014
1,527 books — 9,065 voters

More lists with this book...

Mary Lindsey
Jan 04, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Writing this book was a blast! I am so grateful to Penguin Publishing for allowing me to visit the world of the Intercessor Council again. Thank you to my readers whose enthusiasm and support made it possible.

I've had a lot of emails about Alden and Lenzi. YES, they are in this book and are featured all the way through the story, but this book stands on its own and it is not necessary to read the books in order. I love all the readers who have shown such interest in the series. Thank you again.
Lily (Night Owl Book Cafe)
Thank you Penguins-Philomel for providing me with a physical ARC in exchange of an honest review.

First I wanted to say that I absolutely love the cover of this book, it is simply gorgeous. Second, I dove into this book not realizing at first that it was part of a series. Luckily for me and my mistake, thought the first two characters are featured in this book you do not need to read book 1 in order to realize what is going on.

Paul is a protector, he has always known he is a protector who is fate
Marie
May 09, 2012 marked it as to-read
2014? Is this a joke?

Ok yeah the first could have been left as a single novel, a series is great though!
But 2014? I'm not going to remember this series in 2 years!
Haha it was good, but not that good!
Amy Neilson
Aug 18, 2012 marked it as to-read
Oh my God!!!!! I keep checking to see if there's going to be a second book. To my elated surprise, there will be one! I've been dying for it since the last sentence of "Shattered Souls"
Annabelle Marie Veronica
2014? Really?

On other thoughts, I'm actually pretty excited about there being a second book.
April
Mar 13, 2012 marked it as to-read
I think my heart just broke... 2014?!
Melodramaticfool

View this review on my blog!

It felt so good to be back in Mary Lindsey's world of ghosts, Speaker's, and Protector's!

Such a unique little world that I, as well as other readers, got to be a part of. I admit that I longed to see more of the council but alas.

This was a really great companion, and it doesn't take long for things to get started. We begin in the book meeting Paul, a Protector. Fans of Alden and Lenzi from the previous book, will be pleased to hear that we get to see them qu
Mimi Valentine
Jul 06, 2012 marked it as to-read
Yay!!!! Sooooooooo excited for this! I can't wait to follow the story of a new Protector and Speaker -- I'll bet it's going to be awesome! :') ♥
Nancy The book junkie
Review coming soon!
All Things Urban Fantasy
Oct 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Review Courtesy All Things Urban Fantasy

I remember thinking at the end of SHATTERED SOULS that the traditional end of a first-in-a-series book only really left one outstanding element – the bad guy – and hoping desperately that I wouldn’t be headed into a manufactured hostile environment for the established couple to drag the series on. I’m very pleased that this didn’t happen. FRAGILE SPIRITS is a part of the Souls universe, but stands as its own story, too.

It was hard to connect to Vivienne at
John Clark
Jul 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Paul has known he was destined to be a Protector for as long as he can remember, fated to serve a Speaker who could hear the voices of spirits lingering after death. Partnerships between the two are extremely important because these lingering spirits, while annoying in the beginning, can turn into Malevolents. When they do, their ability to reason is severely impaired while their power to wreak havoc is truly frightening. Left unchecked, they could eventually destroy humanity.
Paul is waiting to
M.A. Nichols
This is better than the first one...probably more of a 3.5 stars. I liked the new characters and enjoyed seeing the world from a Protector's perspective. It was a nice conclusion to the duology. Even though the first one could be a stand-alone, this one in a continuation of the series and needs to be read after the first.

I enjoyed the plot, characters, and mythology, but find that the writing just doesn't live up to the story. Perhaps it's a writing style that would click with others, but I foun
Stacy
Jan 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was pretty bummed when I saw that FRAGILE SPIRITS was not going to continue to follow Lenzi and Alden but from pretty early on you see that they are still a big part of the book and that the new main characters are pretty interesting all on their own.

Only a month has passed since the ending of SHATTERED SOULS. FRAGILE SPIRITS follows the story of rule follower Protector Paul and fly by the seat of her pants, no one tells her what to do Speaker Vivianne. One of my favorite parts of getting to
Tracy
Jan 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Lindsey does it again with a powerful, riveting, amazing sequel to Shattered Souls. I have been mesmerized reading these books and pray that she continues on with this writing.

After learning about Lenzi and Alden we are taken on another amazing ride with Vivienne and Paul. This is a story that is often told about unlikely people being from different sides of the tracks. Paul has grown up under Charles' tutelage and lives in a mansion and drives a mercedes. Vivienne has lived with her single mot
Jessie Potts
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Souls series, but definitely can be read as a stand-alone since it features a different couple, Vivienne and Paul. I love these two. Vivienne ignores all things involving the dead. Even though she's a Speaker, she wants nothing to do with it, and never does what she's told. Paul is a Protector. He wants to serve a Speaker and help souls find peace. He always does what he's told (goody two shoes) and longs for the day he gets paired with a Speaker … until he's paire ...more
Becky
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I highly recommend this book to fans of the previous in the series, Shattered Souls, which, of course, should be all you, because it was awesome. Lenzi and Alden have an amazing story in this book, and the new protagonists, Paul and Vivienne, really grew on me. (Seriously, I am the quickest and harshest judge EVER, and, somehow, Mary Lindsey made me change my mind and like Vivienne in the end.) Smith is back, and Race and Maddi, and everyone is just so on point...and this book really does justic ...more
Karla
Mar 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
I liked this book a lot. I thought it was going to be hard to get into because I haven't read the first book and I thought I was going to be lost and I wasn't going to know the things it would reference from the first one but I found that it wasn't the case, it might even stand as a stand alone novel if you want.

I liked the elements in the story and how it had a little bit of everything: action, paranormal aspects, comedy, and romance. Without trying to ruin anything to those who haven't read it
Libbie
Feb 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014

Read the rest @ ATUF
Tsubasa
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Nina
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book. I Lve how theres new characters but also the same characters from the last, one . Dealing with ghosts and helping them to move on is cool but can be terrifying also to. Especially dealing with malevolent ghost creepy.
Nikki Bok
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Greatbook

this book was amazing !!! I didnt read any of the other books from the author but I really love this one. I couldnt put it down. it was confusing at first but deff a good read!!!
Gail
Good sequel to the first book. I liked that the hero was a different kind of character.
Lauren
Jun 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING, I REALLY WANT TO MEET VIVIENNE
Miranda Reagan
Jun 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was fascinating... the way the characters all came together. I didn't know if I was going to like it because of the all new characters, but it was really good!
Nur Azira
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This. Book. This. Bloody. Book.

You make me cry, then feel stupid for crying. hahaha.

But I love it! I love Paul and Vivienne. Alden and Lenzie.

Lenzie!! Gaaah.
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Dec 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, signed-books
rating: 3.75/5

review to come.
VictoriaSong
May 07, 2012 marked it as to-read
Hmmmm.... that was totally unexpected.... I'm glad that Mary Lindsey decided to make a second book, but 2014 is quiet a while don't you think ?_!
Emma
Dec 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Won the ARC in a contest. I loved the first one, but liked this one even better. I hope there is another one especially one with Race and Maddi as the main characters.
Regina
Nov 10, 2012 marked it as to-read
2014? You fucking serious? I won't make it...
Natz
Nov 20, 2012 marked it as to-read
PLEASE tell me that Lenzi and Alden are in this book!
The Not-So Austen...: Fragile Spirits by Mary Lindsey 1 3 Dec 27, 2013 08:56PM
  • Vengeance (Fracture, #2)
  • Untitled (Annex, #3)
  • Age of the Fifth (Carrier, #3)
  • Ignited (Sense Thieves #3)
  • Starling (Secrets of the Eternal Rose, #3)
  • Timestorm (Tempest, #3)
  • Chasing Before (The Memory Chronicles, #2)
  • Counting Tens (Fenestra, #4)
  • Wings (Black City, #3)
  • Inevitable (The Yara Silva Trilogy, #3)
  • Lark Ascending (Skylark, #3)
  • Elegy (Hereafter #3)
  • Willowgrove (Hemlock, #3)
  • Oblivion (Nevermore, #3)
  • The Faerie Queen (The Faerie Ring #4)
  • Mistwalker
  • Divided (Dualed, #2)
  • Hot Blooded (Wolf Springs Chronicles, #2)
Mary Lindsey is a multi award-winning, RITA® nominated author of romance for adults and teens. She lives on an island in the middle of a river. Seriously, she does. When not writing, she wrangles her rowdy pack of three teens, two Cairn Terriers, and one husband.

Inexplicably, her favorite animal is the giant anteater and at one point, she had over 200 "pet" Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches. The roac
More about Mary Lindsey...

Souls (2 books)
  • Shattered Souls (Souls, #1)