Start by marking “Lust (Lust, Money & Murder, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lust (Lust, Money & Murder, #1)

Lust

(Lust, Money & Murder #1)

Series description: Born in the worst suburb in Pittsburgh, Elaine Brogan is bright, beautiful and bold. When her father is falsely arrested for passing counterfeit $100 bills, Elaine vows to become a Secret Service agent and track down the man responsible. After barely surviving the arduous Secret Service Training Academy in Laurel, Maryland, she is transferred to bleak a ...more
Published January 18th 2014 (first published June 14th 2011)

Peter
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Revenge
Lust, Money and Murder are 3 separate books. Book 1 has the subtitle Lust and deals with the events that shaped Elaine Brogan’s decision to become a Secret Agent, her training to finally qualify, and eventually take assignments abroad.

As a young impressionable girl, Elaine is lured by the potential of becoming a model and earn a lifestyle she could only dream of. After paying thousands of dollars to the Rising Star Modelling Agency, for training workshops, and a final a one-to-one session
C.K. Raggio
Jun 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I have to laugh at all the people complaining about the author suckering them into buying more books. If you read, people, it says in red on the cover - a SERIES by Mike Wells. Plus it's called Book 1. What else would you like him to do? Put a neon flashing warning on it?! If you don't like series books that's fine, your opinion. But don't blame the author because you didn't look before you hit the buy button!

Lust, Money & Murder immediately pulled me in. The opening chapter was intriguing t
John Martin
Dec 15, 2011 rated it it was ok
I can't be accused of giving the ending of this book away because there is no ending. Really, this book was headed for three stars from me but I took one away in anger at the end when I realised you have to buy book 2 to get a resolution. I shouldn't have felt bad about this - after all, book 1 was free (via Twitter) in the first place. That earned it a star before I even started reading and -- easy come, easy go -- it was the same star I took away at the end.
The remaining two stars are well des
Steve Downes
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: modern-fiction
I thought I would check out the other reviews on Amazon for this book before I did mine and I really can't understand the low rated reviews and their comments.
They didn't read the same book as me that's for sure.
This is a really good read with a great strong lead character and good supporting cast.
Yes it is book 1 of a series but isn't that a fantastic way to get to know a new author.
Especially as it's free for Kindle.
I'm not going to tell you anything more on the story, just read it.
It doesn
Alina Cătărău
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As well as in Devika Fernando’s case, I received the link to Mike Wells’ first book of Lust, Money & Murder series on Twitter, from the bestselling American writer himself. So today I’m going to leave aside my dear classics and Romance novels and I’m going to stir your curiosity with Mike Wells’ crime novel.

As a child, Elaine Brogan had a special bond with her father and she was detail-oriented, a gift that will help her later in life. When Elaine was sixteen, she became a model, but, after
Lezlie
Jul 10, 2012 rated it liked it
I really wanted to really like this book...or first part of one. And that is important--this is only 1/3 of a novel. You must buy the other two parts to get the full story. I get that--marketing--but I don't really like doing reviews before the story is finished.

Luckily for me, the story itself is pretty good. It is very fast-paced, has some surprises, and is spiraling toward some conclusion that you can reasonably assume is also quick and shocking. I can see why people read on, but I won't be.

I
Devika Fernando
Aug 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Grips you from the first page and doesn't let you go until you've read it in one breath-taking session. It's wonderful to see a strong, smart heroine in crime fiction. I loved the many changes of setting, the twists, the intriguing little insights into the world of counterfeit money, and the character development.
Now where can I learn a magic spell to find the time to read the other books of the series as soon as possible?
Rebecca
Sep 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love series. I feel this first book of the series is perfect. I can't wait to find out if Elaine will follow through with her plans and what will happen to Nick. I also agree with one other person's praise; the settings are brought to life and the characters are realistic. Like Elaine, all of us ladies have fallen for at least one of our attractive bosses at some point in time. I am totally hooked and thoroughly enjoy your style of writing Mike.
Mar 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
i came across this author on twitter and downloaded his first in the series which is currently free. this is a relatively short novel but the author manages to pack loads into it. enjoyed it so much that i have just bought the first 3 books in the series. cant wait to read the second one.
Elizabeth Robbins
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a story that combines several genres in a very satisfying way. It's a "coming of age"/goverment agent/romantic suspense, that keeps on giving . One warning, this is the first book in a series, and ends in a wicked cliffhanger ! Loved it!
Michele Wesley
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
From start to finish this book kept me glued to what would happen next. This is a Good read, but please don't think you can read just the first book. I can't wait to crack open book two, Money.
Vivian
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gripping plot! The story has a dark sinister edge to it that will keep you on the edge of your seat!
Ally Atherton
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was ok
A young woman enters a casino to exchange a large amount of money for chips and ends up falling to her death from a cliff edge. Then we have Elaine Brogan who follows her dream of becoming a model and ends up working as a secret service agent to avenge a family tragedy.
This story takes the reader from casinos to exclusive private beaches and then all around the globe from the US, Bulgaria and Germany. Can Elaine get the revenge that she seeks on the mysterious man that has taken her father away?
Sara Gauldin
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Lust, Money & Murder Book 1 by Mike Wells

Mike Wells has managed to pack a story line that is rich with layers of character motivation and a hint of conspiracy into this powerful series starter! The storyline captures the imagination and leaves you ready to follow the characters forward into the series. Wells guides his readers through the early life and motives of his main character and ties it up the plot neatly in a satisfying conclusion. I can’t wait to read more of this series.

Hunter Jones
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
You've got to get this read! You'll be hooked from the first page. Excellent character development and plot sequences. I initially heard about this book on Twitter and am very glad I found it. Well done Mike! Tonight, I'll download the next two books in the series.
David Toone
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You share the feelings of the main characters like you're their friend in the book. This is a fast paced book and never a dull moment. You can tell Mike Wells did his research when it came to the main premise of the book which is the secret service and counterfeiting of currency. Plenty of twists and turns like any good spy thriller which keep you guessing and glad it all wasn't wrapped up in one book.
It makes a change that the espionage genre has a woman in the lead who is strong willed but st
eNovel Reviews
Jun 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Elaine Brogan's father is a construction worker, and though he lacks the education, he understands to bring up his child properly; he must do whatever it takes to provide her with the opportunities he never had. Even if that means he must engage in unsavory and illicit activities on occasions. (Some spoilers if you continue reading...)

Elaine learns at the tender age of 16, that the world is full of swindlers and con artists. Only her father, who gives her unconditional love, can be trusted. When
AZ Book Club
May 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Lust, Money & Murder is basically a preview marketed as a book by Mike Wells. Oxford comma debates aside, this is a well done intro for the most part. The premise is that a young girl has a childhood trauma brought on partially by counterfeiting, and decides to dedicate her life to tracking down the con-man who caused it.

I have a lot of problems with this book. Most importantly – this isn’t a book, despite the length and the way it’s pushed and marketed. It’s a free preview that just happens
Shana Festa
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
I found this book to be quick paced but engaging. The writing is clear and concise. Author Mike Wells manages to put a lot of story into a short novella without making you feel as if depth is lacking. Elaine’s father was a hard working man who wanted to give her the world but he was by no means perfect. This tale is always at its darkest when expressing the actions which her father thought were necessary. This was a poor man who wanted to give his daughter an expensive education and basically di ...more
Sherry Fundin
May 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Elaine thinks that she wants to be a model, but when the trainer, Ronald Eskew, makes a pass at her she realizes it was all a scam. After her father is arrested for passing counterfeit money and kills himself in prison, Elaine vows to avenge her father's death. To do this, she decides to join the Secret Service. After messing up and being sent to Bulgaria, she meets Nick and falls in love. When faced with another life changing decision, she can only hope she makes the right one by standing by Ni ...more
Sarah Emm
Nov 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Author Mike Wells thoroughly entertained me with ‘Lust, Money, & Murder,’ Book 1-'Lust'. It only took a moment to connect with Elaine and cheer for her as she journeyed through the stages of becoming a Secret Service agent and went after her enemy. Mr. Wells totally left me hanging at the end, which was quite clever, as I am on my way to get the next book. Can’t wait to see what happens next! Book one was fun and very enjoyable! Congrats, Mr. Wells, on a delightful and entertaining read. You ...more
Peggy Holloway
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read all three books of Lust, Money, and Murder and then noticed I could have gotten all three in one book. So I'm doing the review all together instead of three separate ones. I loved the story, the plot, the writing style, the pace, hell I just love everything about it. I love books where the hero or the heroine doesn't know who he or she can trust and is caught between the good guys and the bad guys. It's my favorite kind of book. This would make a hell of a movie!!
Trevor
Mar 21, 2016 rated it liked it
I got this book as a freebie and, as like a thriller, looked forward to reading it. Unfortunately I'm afraid I found this one slow and plodding. I hadn't realised until the end that it was the first in a series. The premise of the story is that the main character, Elaine, joins the Secret Service to avenge her father's wrong imprisonment for passing fake money. My guess is that won't happen until book 7. I've read the reviews for book 2 and they're glowing but I won't be purchasing it.
Chris
Aug 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Adults and Young Adults
Recommended to Chris by: Mike Wells, via Twitter
Good book for those who like a little mystery, a little entrigue, a little romance and an average person as a heroine. I couldn't put this book down. I finished it in a little over 2 hours, and was eager for book 2 so I could continue the adventure. A good prologue to a series of books. The tone was light and easy going, story well written and easy to follow. Counterfeiting details seem to be well researched, without being boring and technical.
Vicki - I Love Reading
Jan 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014
This was one of those-- couldn't decide what to read to picked a random book. I'm actually glad i did. It was a quick easy read but really enjoyable. and I now have part 2 and 3 to hopefully enjoy as much.
Justine Edge
Aug 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is an excellent book with a brilliant story line. Mike wells writes really well, clearly and in good detail. Really enjoyed book one and have bought books 2 and 3, started book 3 and it continues brilliantly. Really glad I have found this author
Larry B Gray
Dec 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book and I like the charactors. The story was easy to follow and well written. It had just enough suspense to keep you on the edge of your seat and wanting to turn the page or "tap the screen" in my case. I can't wait to read the rest of the series.

I highly recommend this book.
Gerald Kubicki
Jun 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
She makes a good little agent.
Gina
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good I read it in 2 days! I could not put it down! Great job writing Mike Wells!
  • Of Mice and Murderers (Z-Detective #1)
  • Peppermint Creek Inn (Undercover, #1)
  • Roll The Dice (Vegas, #2)
  • Summer of Fire (Yellowstone, #1)
  • Flames of Betrayal (S.E.A.L. Team Omega #1)
  • Liquid Smoke (Noah Braddock, #3)
  • Runner (The Runners, Part One)
  • Cry of the Needle
  • Amanda's Eyes (A.J. Gregson)
  • Lost in Shadows (Shadow Ops, #2)
  • No More Running
  • Ultimate Thriller Box Set
  • Deadly Dance (A-Tac, #5)
  • Dream On (Mark Appleton Thrillers #2)
  • Shadow Games (Shadow People, #1)
  • A Killing Tide (Columbia River, #1)
  • Dark Men (Silver Bear, #3)
  • The Trouble With Green
Email me at mike (at) mikewellsbooks.com or follow me on Twitter (@MikeWellsAuthor) and get a FREE copy of one of my bestselling books. I'm an American author best known for my Lust, Money & Murder series and and written more than 25 other thriller and suspense novels. I also have taught in the Creative Writing program at Oxford. I'm known for my super fast-paced, 'unputdownable' books.

Please

Lust, Money & Murder (9 books)
  • Money (Lust, Money & Murder, #2)
  • Murder (Lust, Money & Murder, #3)
  • Cattoretti's Return (Lust, Money & Murder #4)
  • On Russian Soil (Lust, Money & Murder, #5)
  • The Extraction (Lust, Money & Murder, #6)
  • Off the Grid (Lust, Money & Murder #7)
  • Blood Diamonds (Lust, Money & Murder, #8)
  • Lust, Money & Murder, Book 9 - Escape from Sudan
“When they stepped out of the taxi and approached the hotel lobby, she mustered up the courage to take Nick’s hand. He quickly let go, frowning at her. “I thought we were supposed to be married,” she said, a little hurt. “We are. Five years, Elaine. No married couple holds hands after five years.” 4 likes
“Elaine slowly transformed from the proverbial ugly duckling into a swan.” 2 likes