Start by marking “Hidden (Otherworld Stories, #10.7)” as Want to Read:
Hidden (Otherworld Stories, #10.7)

Hidden

(Otherworld Stories #10.7--in Otherworld Nights)

Hiking through the snow, holiday baking and playing board games by the fire – what’s not to love about an old-fashioned family Christmas?

Werewolves Elena Michaels and Clayton Danvers want to give their four-year-old twins, Kate and Logan, something their parents never had: a nice, normal holiday. No Pack responsibilities, no homicidal half-demons or power-hungry sorcerers
Hardcover, Deluxe Hardcover Edition, 193 pages
Published December 28th 2011 by Subterranean Press (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Hidden, please sign up.
Lisa Boorman This was a hardcover offered by Subterranean Press. It's a regular book with a few graphic pages in it.

Jen Davis
Dec 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Thank you, thank you Kelley Armstrong. This story is exactly what I wanted and needed to say goodbye to my beloved Clay and Elena. "Hidden" is a novella for the fans. It's not for people new to the Otherworld series. Yes, it would still make sense, but it wouldn't resonate. It wouldn't mean to you what it means to us.

The basic premise is that Clay and Elena have brought their four year old twins away to a cabin to celebrate Christmas as a family. But the appearance of a mutt threatens their holi
Marissa
Apr 18, 2011 marked it as wishlist-aka-the-black-hole
Thank the Book Lords! Another Clay & Elena story! :does snoopy dance:
Robin
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Elena and Clay take their twins to Canada to celebrate a family Christmas together. But when a local teenager is found dead, his body mauled by a wolf, Elena begins to wonder if there is another werewolf in the area. Soon a mutt shows up on their doorstep, introducing himself and trying to make friends. Elena starts digging into the mutt's background. Is he a killer? Are there other missing or dead humans from this area? Juggling the Christmas holiday and their jobs isn't easy.

This is an excelle
Althea Ann
Nov 05, 2014 rated it it was ok
A full-length, fully-developed story with a mystery format. Elena and Clay are two werewolves on a Christmas vacation getaway with their two children. While they're in town, a 'lone wolf' approaches them - and his overly-friendly attitude raises alarm bells. Does this guy know that Elena's her wolf pack's designated investigator? Has he been up to something (like, say, murdering humans) that's against pack rules?
I had two categories of problems with this story. First, on a personal level: You ca
Jess
May 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, favorites
Review posted: Happily Ever After - Reads

It’s Christmas time and the Danvers/Michaels family is heading to a cabin to celebrate the holiday, just the four of them. The twins, Kate and Logan, are now 4 years old and it’s obvious that they’re leaps and bounds ahead of where they should be, in pretty much all aspects of their lives. They have advanced senses, reasoning, even reading skills as Logan is now enjoying the first book in the Harry Potter series. While Clay and Elena have kept from them t
Pam Nelson
Hidden – This is a Christmas story and it was awesome. I loved the twins and how Clay and Elena are as parents its sweet. The bathroom scene was HILARIOUS! It was sad that a mutt tipped their hand on telling the kids what they are but the way it happened. Oh, I just loved.
Franny (The Reader's Edge)
Jan 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I want to start off by saying this is the best and most fulfilling novella I have EVER read!

Clay and Elena take their two 4 year old children to a remote cabin to spend the Christmas holiday as a family. Their plans are changed by evidence there may be a man-eater in the area. Clay and Elena have to balance family with Pack duty while maintaining their "werewolf" secret from the twins.

This novella drew me in from the start. It provides an excellent window into the inner workings of the Michaels
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
At 193 pages (Kindle version), this novella is just short of being a full-blown novel. AND it's got pretty pictures.

It takes place the Christmas after Frostbitten, and Clay and Elena have taken the kids to a secluded chalet in Canada for a family holiday (before the rest of the pack shows up on Boxing Day). The four of them are planning on making Christmas cookies, drinking hot chocolate, playing in the snow, etc., but all of that gets interrupted when a mutt shows up their first night there. A
Christine
Nice short tale about Elena and Clay. The mystery isn't so mysterious, and quite frankly, I found the ending fight scene to be a little too predictable (why not have Nick do something?).

However, what makes the novella a winner is the development of the family relationships in the Danvers clan. That is the reason for a fan of this series to read this book.
Kelly
Aug 23, 2011 rated it really liked it
Upon receiving a review copy of Kelley Armstrong’s Hidden, I realized that I had only read a few books in her influential Women of the Otherworld series — and that the ones I had read weren’t the ones starring werewolf couple Elena and Clay. However, I had no trouble becoming engrossed in Hidden and understanding what was going on.

Elena is unusual in Armstrong’s universe; she’s the only known female werewolf. She and Clay are married and raising precocious four-year-old twins, Kate and Logan. Th
Sandra "Jeanz"
May 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
MY REVIEW

I downloaded the kindle version of this novella from Amazon.co.uk, and at over £3 thought it quite expensive for a novella. I am not so keen on the "comic" style cover even though it depicts Elena in human form and Clay in wolf form, with his penetrating blue eyes.
As always with Kelley Armstrong, this novella is well written with a great balance of suspense, mystery and pack/family life. I really enjoyed the novella, we, the readers got to concentrate on Clay,Elena, Kate and Logan as pr
Ferdy
Jan 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Elena and Clay take the twins on holiday to spend their first christmas together as a family. Kate and Logan are four years old now, though they seem older especially Logan, who knows more about science than any four year old should.
Elena and Clay's hopes for a quite family christmas are dashed when they come across another wolf. After finding out that a boy died under suspicious circumstances and a young girl was kidnapped, Elena and Clay investigate.
Elena is also conflicted about whether to
Tammy Blackwell
The Otherworld remains the most perfectly built world in paranormal/supernatural/urban-fantasy/whatever-you-want-to-call-it literature. I love Clay & Elena stories, and am head-over-heels for the twins. (Plus it has Nick, who is one of my favorite fictional boyfriends.) I know there is only one book left in the series, but can Kate & Logan please grow up and get a series of their own soon?
Charlie
Read in Otherworld Nights.

This is a re-read for me as I own the ebook version too. This was a great pack story, out of any the Otherworld tales, the pack ones are always my favourites.
MsMiz (Tina)
Jan 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: pdf, uf
I loved looking in on Clay and Elena. They are my favorite from this series and throw in their kids and it made for a really delightful Christmas story.

Jack Shanks
Sep 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
Actual rating: 1.5 stars

Honestly, I was mostly drawn in by the artwork of the cover for this book. The art is pretty, and I was excited to see the art that was printed throughout the pages too. But the story... it just wasn't that enjoyable for me.

A story about wolves was kind of cool - I love Teen Wolf the TV show and have Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver series on my "to-read" list - but this was just kind of dull in comparison to other media I have encountered about werewolves.
Perhaps I felt this w
Nath
Jan 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amber at Fall Into Books
Apr 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Hidden is different from the other Clay and Elena stories in this series, but I feel that it is the perfect goodbye story for them. This novella wraps up their story and leaves the reader feeling as if no matter what happens, Clay, Elena, and the twins will be okay. There is not much action or suspense in this story, but there is quite a bit of mystery. Armstrong throws in a twist at the end that I didn't see coming. All in all, this is a must read for all of the fans of the Otherworld series.

I
chucklesthescot
Nov 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Clay and Elena want some alone time with the kids before the Pack arrive for Christmas at the cabin. The kids are four now and their parents are wondering whether or not to tell them the truth about their heritage as nobody knows if they will be werewolves themselves.

However, a lone wolf approaches them soon after they arrive, introducing himself and promising that he will not give them any trouble but Clay and Elena are instantly suspicious of him. The fact that a brutal murder blamed on anima
Cherryonion
Mar 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
I'm very sad that Kelley Armstrong will no longer be writing stories with the characters from the Otherworld series of books. They've been excellent and the stories are always gripping and funny and full of action and adventure. This story follows my favourite characters, the werewolves, as they (Elena and Clay) go on a Christmas vacation with their twins. I've been wanting her to write a story about the twins since they were born, but they've only been mentioned briefly until now. We finally ge ...more
Lola
Aug 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-that-i-own
I really love the Otherworld series and Elena and Clay are my favourite characters so when I heard there was going to be a short story about them I knew I had to have it. This short story is about how Elena and Clay celebrate Christmas in a cottage with their kids. Ofcourse once they are there they find out there are two Muts (rogue werewolves) in the same area and they go investigate.

This story is mainly a very nice and sweet story about Elena and Clay and how they interact with their children
Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines)
Apr 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I can't tell you how great it was being back in Clay and Elena's world!
Well.. I guess I can, but any words that I could conjure up just wouldn't be adequate enough.

While there is a mystery that unfolds throughout the story, it's only a small part of what makes this so enjoyable.

Aside from the hunt for a potential man-eater, the story focuses on the twins and the questions surrounding the "will-they-or-won't-they" in regards to their chances of becoming members of the pack. Elena struggles with
Mel
Aug 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This Christmas themed novella about Elena, Clay and their family was heartwarming... in true Armstrong style. So no sap, but sweet stolen moments, action and humor.

As with their honeymoon, Elena and Clay just can't seem to get a break. In their quest to have a nice, normal Christmas time with their twins, they rent a cabin in the woods. Turns out, those woods are inhabited by nasty creatures.

Frostbitten was the last Elena-narrated book in the Otherworld series, but Armstrong has promised the p
Darcy
Apr 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
If you are fans of Clay and Elena, odds are you will love this one. There was a lot of classic Clay and Elena in the book, along with more of learning how they are as parents, and even time with some of the new packmates.

I was surprised by the danger that managed to find it's way to them. You would think that being werewolves they wouldn't have to deal with this kind of problem, but these types of people are everywhere.

I also loved how Elena and Clay struggled with filling the kids in on their s
Jessie
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a book totally for the fans. If you have read the Otherworld series, you will really enjoy this book. If you haven't read Otherworld, I don't recommend starting with this because you will be lost. Like all series - read them in order!

I am an Otherworld fan and Elena is my favorite character in the series, so I really enjoyed this book. This is a short novella about Clay, Elena, and the kids. Other reviews mention that this is a great way to say goodbye to Elena and Clay, but I think it's
Kalynn
Jun 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
This is a really well-written novella that packs a lot into the short format. I love Elena and Clay,and the the story didn't disappoint. For me, the one misstep was the depiction of entirely too precocious 4-year old twins Kate and Logan. Logan's reading Harry Potter and Kate is "behind" in just reading kids' picture encyclopedias. Yes, they are supposed to be scary smart, but it was just a little too much, especially with the way they talk and how they are writing lists and schedules. It just s ...more
Sofija
Nov 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful story! Very sweet. And the illustrations are beautiful. We get to know Kate and Logan better and they are adorable. Clay and Elena are great with each other and with their children. In my opinion they are the most stable and healthy couple in urban fantasy genre. It took them many years to rich this point but now they are in harmony. It is nice to read about them being happy. So take the book and get you Elena&Clayton fix!
description
Donna
Jan 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Rebecca Church
Shelves: kindle-read, 2012
Again this is a novella but based on characters from the Women of the Otherworld series. And it features my favourite characters, the werewolves. Clay and Elena have taken their four year old twins on a winter break for Christmas. But of course they run into a "mutt" and have to investigate a possible murder. At the same time Elena is trying to decide when the right time would be to tell the children what they are.
The story is good, a couple of good twists, but for regular readers and Pack fans
Diana Brown
Mar 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this novella!!!!! The big thing for me was the Algonquin Park/Ontario setting plus getting to see Elena and Clay's interaction with their twins. The illustrations add to the uniqueness of the book, and although I didnt buy the limited edition (which had a few more illustrations) -- I did purchase the e-book. My new go-to book when I dont want to start reading a new book before bed!
A.M Bells
Jan 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wolves, weres, 2012
Elena, Clay, well the whole pack have to be the favorites from Women of the Otherworld. And adding Logan and Kate it was just amazing. I really wanted to read more about them.
They are adorable and it would be brilliant of Kelley Armstrong would write about them again, even if not a full novel.
Play Book Tag: Hidden by Kelley Armstrong - 4 stars 3 18 Oct 14, 2018 08:36AM
The Otherworld of...: Hidden (Novella) 13 57 May 31, 2012 04:01PM
Where can I get a copy? 2 20 Mar 17, 2012 09:34AM
For This Series... 3 19 Jan 01, 2012 08:03PM

• Evolve 2: Vampire Stories of the Future Undead (Otherworld Stories #10.1)
  • Blood Lite II: Overbite  (Otherworld Stories, #10.3)
  • A Fantasy Medley (Otherworld Stories, #9.2; Crown of Stars, #7.5; Realms of the Elderlings)
  • Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy 2
  • Kitty's Greatest Hits (Kitty Norville #0.1, 0.5-0.8, 1.5, 2.5, and more)
  • Blood Sin (Awakened by Blood, #2)
  • Home (Downside Ghosts, #3.6)
  • Kate's Origin (Curran POV #6)
  • Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
  • Let It Bleed (WVMP Radio, #3.5)
  • By Blood We Live
  • My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon
  • Dates from Hell
  • Head Rush (The Disillusionists, #3)
  • Caught Forever Between (Hoodoo, #2.5)
  • Forever (Spy vs. Spook #3)
  • Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3)

Otherworld Stories (5 books)
  • Men of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories, #1)
  • Tales of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories, #2)
  • Otherworld Nights (Otherworld Stories, #3)
  • Otherworld Secrets (Otherworld Stories, #4)
  • Otherworld Chills (Otherworld Stories, #5)
“Do you really think he untied you? .. He was just checking his kids handiwork.” 17 likes
“He lifted his brows. "If I really thought it was the absolute best thing for our kids, you'd have had a battle on your hands. That was just a debate."
"With chair-throwing."
"Heated debate. Fights involve chair-breaking. Chair-throwing is just getting your attention.”
15 likes