Start by marking “Завой на пътя” as Want to Read:
Завой на пътя

Завой на пътя

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  127,855 Ratings  ·  3,535 Reviews
Нежна история за любов, родена в пепелта на отдавна изгубени надежди...
Майлс Райън има всичко, за което един мъж мечтае - той е шериф в малко градче в Северна Каролина, има щастлив брак с ученическата си любов и прекрасен син. Но само за един миг животът му губи смисъл...
Неизвестен шофьор убива съпругата му и Майлс се отдава на мъката и желанието за отмъщение в продължение
Published 2011 by Ера (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Завой на пътя, please sign up.
Lisa Lathrop Sure...Miles could have really gotten out of hand with his anger. It really got annoying..and especially his desire to kill almost anyone/anything. It…moreSure...Miles could have really gotten out of hand with his anger. It really got annoying..and especially his desire to kill almost anyone/anything. It got old. That being said, I suspect many people would act the same after having their wife and son's mother taken away too soon. I would have rather seen Miles take more than a few days break from Sarah....it would have been interesting to see it play out how he enjoyed Jonah's company again on their getaway. People need space to think and process these things. In my mind, Sparks could have added a chapter at least to allow us to see the healing process of Miles. (less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Paiton Robey If they did that, there wouldnt have been a story

Diane
Mar 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read! a romantic storyline with a twist also heartwarming and endearing (paperback!)
Ahmad Sharabiani
A Bend in the Road, Nicholas Sparks
عنوان: در پیچ و خم جاده؛ نویسنده: نیکولاس (نیکلاس) اسپارکس؛ مترجم: نفیسه معتکف؛ تهران، لیوسا، 1381، در 460 ص، شابک: 9645634237؛ موضوع: داستانهای نویسندگان امریکایی قرن 21 م
آغاز متن از کتاب: صبح روز 29 آگوست 1988، مایلز ریان که کمی بیش از دو سال از مرگ همسرش میگذشت، در ایوان پشتی خانه اش ایستاده بود و در حالی که سیگار میکشید، طلوع آهسته ی خورشید را که آسمان صبحگاه را از خاکستری دلگیر به نارنجی تبدیل میکرد، تماشا میکرد. دود سیگار مایلز حلقه وار رو به بالا میرفت.
M. M. Sana
Apr 26, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Light Mystery/Drama Readers
This is an awesome book. It has a little bit of romance and a little mystery. It will embed images in your mind that will be hard to escape. Love and forgiveness will have a new meaning in your life. Yes, it does have a little bit of everything. A husband's love, a father's love, a cop in action, romance, mystery... FORGIVENESS! I won't tell you what it is about, because I think you should read it. REALLY!!! Go get it and read it. I never thought a man could write LOVE so well. Love in its pures ...more
Maria Clara
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nicholas-sparks
Más bien un tres y medio tirando a cuatro :)

A veces, sencillamente, lees lo que tu alma necesita en ese momento. Es una comunión única, una lazo invisible que anhela como un suave bálsamo esas palabras escritas, que tus ojos recorren. No voy a decir que esta sea una gran novela, ni que se me ha encogido el corazón, no, pero, como he dicho al principio, una a veces solo necesita una suave ola de calor.
Caroline
Feb 02, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trash-bin, fiction
Surely the Danielle Steele set must rejoice whenever Sparks churns out a new book. While this was not the worst Sparks book I've ever read (there, I've admitted it - I've read more than one), that is a pretty low bar. I cannot even believe I read this. Not only do I not remember why I picked this book up, I cannot remember the ending. Suggestion: skip this book and save a few hours of your life; put it to good use gardening, playing with your children, or better yet, choosing a good author who d ...more
S.
Oct 08, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, audio-books
Wish I had a dollar for each time a character ran their hands through their hair.
Buggy
Opening Line: “On the morning of August 29, 1988, a little more than two years after his wife had passed away, Miles Ryan stood on the back porch of his house, smoking a cigarette, watching as the rising sun slowly changed the morning sky from dusky grey to orange.”

Nicholas Sparks is like comfort food, I always know going in the kind of emotional love story I’m going to get and I can count on being sucked into the lives, loves and heartache of his small town characters. They’re written realistic
Alaine
Oct 11, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nicholas Spark fans
Recommended to Alaine by: Annie Bucknall
Shelves: general-fiction
Some stories don't have happy endings and some do. This one of course can't really have a happy ending because a wife and mother have died. But, this book tells the story of a man's journey through grief, and anyone who has been through the loss of a loved one knows that the pain never ends. Nicholas Sparks did a wonderful job of reminding us of that, it was not a week love story, someone dies, someone else comes along and they live happily ever after. Instead it spoke clearly of the struggle an ...more
Alaina Meserole
A Bend in the Road is a tragedy and a love story. Miles is the police sheriff who also happens to be a young widower. His wife died in a Hit and Run, which he and Jonah (his kid) are still trying to recover from and deal with. When Miles meets Sarah, Jonah's teacher, he starts to think he could find love again. However, not everything is easy for Miles because he's so obsessed with trying to find his wife's killer.. which could somehow put strain on his new and developing relationship with Sarah ...more
Ena Hasečić
Svi znaju za Milesa i Missy. Srednjoškolska ljubav, divan brak i jedan sin, Jonah. No, jednog dana se sve mijenja. Miles ostaje udovac nakon što Missy pronalaze mrtvu pored obližnje ceste. Ne zna se ko je kriv za njenu smrt, a dvije godine nakon toga Miles još uvijek traga za krivcem. Jednog dana se u njegovom životu pojavljuje Sarah, Jonahom učiteljica i on polako kreće dalje... sve dok se ne pojave novi dokazi o počiniocu.

Roman je vrlo jednostavno pisan, ima svega nekoliko likova i radnju k
Syndi
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
typical nicholas spark novel. it could be cut 100 pages shorter. i feel like the story line and the twist were build into nonsense with so many plot holes.

but again, it is nicholas spark. i enjoy it and it took me by surprise that i enjoy it. miles is a confusing character. sarah is facinating and jonah deserves a spin off.
Chipper
Jan 27, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This novel was like reading the Cliff Notes of a epic love story, MINUS the analysis and depth you might find in Cliff Notes and MINUS the well-developed and fascinating characters, settings and dialogue you might find in an epic love story. Based upon my reading of this book, nobody will be reading Nicolas Sparks 100 years from now and I refuse to waste any more of my limited time on Earth reading words slapped together by him and bound under the pretense of actually being a novel.

The SECOND BE
Ilse
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mijn eerste kennismaking met Nicholas Sparks en al meteen een schot in de roos. Het boek werd me aangeraden door een vriendin, ook al ben ik meer gericht op thrillers.

Het boek biedt romantiek, maar niet zo zeemzoet, wel met diepe emoties die je echt kunnen raken. Maar toch kan je in het verhaal ook wel wat spanning terug vinden .. hoe dat juist in elkaar zit, ga ik hier niet vertellen ... dat zullen jullie dan maar zelf moeten ontdekken 😉.

Het boek is zeer toegankelijk met een vlotte schrijfstijl
Wee!wawaLAA!!!
Jun 05, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mmmm, haven't read Nicholas Sparks's books in a little while.
This was pretty good, sure.
So there's a bunch of rivalry going on in this tiny city. Sarah-I think that's her name-had just come for a couple months, as a school teacher and meets this kid Jonas. He's kinda falling behind-no not dumb-but was not pushed to doing work and stuff.
And it was because his mom had died, so from pity, teachers passed him despite his lack of education.
So yes. A parent-teacher conference is needed.
And yes. Once a
Piyangie
Nov 24, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A weak plot but somehow the characters kept me going. I wonder it is the choice of his books that I have read or his writing that I cannot come to like his works.
Miss Kim
Offically dumped. My love affair is over. Whatever, Mr. Sparks.
Kereesa
Jul 29, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kereesa by: Danielle. Because I made her read the Hunger Games.
A Bend in the Road is about the intersecting lives of Miles Ryan, one of the town's deputies who's lost his wife in a hit and run accident about two years and is now raising his only son Jonah, and Jonah's teacher and recently divorcee Sarah Andrews. Obviously they fall in love, and obstacles, this would be where the 'bend' in the road occurs, fall in their way in this tale of forgiveness and romance.

*gag*

Right, so I was recommended this book by my co-worker who I made read the Hunger Games, and
Shana
Aug 18, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christine
What does a man do when the love of his life is killed by a hit and run driver while jogging? And this love of his life is not only his childhood sweetheart, but also his wife and mother of his son, Jonah. Sheriff Miles Ryan felt he died the night his wife Missy was fatally struck, but was determined to find her killer and spent the next two years focused on investigating every lead.

While Miles immersed himself with his search, seven-year-old Jonah suffered. He missed not only his mother, but al
Gorfo
May 14, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Gorfo by: cara
Shelves: realistic, mystery
A Bend in the Road is not the story to take with you on a road trip. The books tells the story of Mile's Ryan's life after the death of his wife Missy Ryan. Not surprisingly the story becomes a love story when Deputy Ryan meets and falls in love with his sons' second grade teacher Sarah. It turns out that Sarah is heartbroken too and the two hit it off after Miles sweeps her off her feet with his superb elegance (not). Nothing seems to threaten their relationship until (dun dun dun) new informa ...more
Melodie
Oct 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are some authors that are "go-to" for me. When I am in need of a quick read, not mindless but neither exceedingly deep, I turn to Nicholas Sparks. I know when I pick up one of his books, I will leave satisfied.This one was no exception.
Miles Ryan has been struggling over the past two years to find his footing in life after his wife Missy was killed in a hit and run. Just how disconnected he has been is brought home when he finds out how badly his son Jonah is doing in school.
Determined
Thomas
Feb 06, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nicholas Sparks does it again with A Bend in the Road. This book is about a police sheriff named Miles Ryan, who lost his wife Missy in a hit and run car accident three years ago. He has a seven-year-old son named Jonah, who has been suffering nightmares ever since the incident. One afternoon Miles has to go see Jonah's teacher for a parent-teacher conference. Jonah's teacher is the sweet and of course single Sarah Andrews who has recently gone through a heart-breaking divorce. They hit if off a ...more
Harish Challapalli
Finally!! This is the kind of book I wanted from Mr. Sparks!! The difference between this and his other books (I read til date) is all books started peacefully and ended with tragedy but here it is vice versa!!

The emotional bondage between the lead characters during their different times was narrated so touchingly!! And yeah there is always the sparks kind of romance which is always a worth read!! The death of his wife and the repercussions were narrated in a wonderful way!! The pinch of sentime
Aleida Oskam
It took a while for me to finish this one. In the beginning I really liked the story and thought I would finish it quickly. It turned out to be the opposit. I don't know what it is with me but I like to do all kind of others things at the moment than read. The story was okay, not as tear-jerking as other stories I've read of Nicholas. Was surprised by the outcome eventually! All in all a nice read :-)
°☆.。.:*・Arianna°☆.。.:*・
I found the book slow in the beginning. I was kind of bored when it was describing Miles' daily life after his wife died. It started to get more interesting when Miles meets his son's teacher. When the author described the different perspectives, like the person that did a hit-and-run on Miles' wife.
bridget.
Jul 13, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
nicholas spark's writing is shallow and predictable. im ashamed i read this. boredom makes us do terrible things.
T.M. Mike Brown
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice story of romance surrounding a mystery about who killed Missy the wife of Miles, a sheriff's deputy. He's coming out of his shell of grieving when he stumbles into love again, but the haunting uncertainty of his wife's death puts his life into jeopardy. A heartwrming tale of a father's love for his young son also tugs along the way as well. Worth reaching back to this novel by one of my favorite Southern authors.
Kater Cheek
May 31, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've never read a Nick Sparks book, but I know people just adore them and I wanted an escapist romance so I picked this one up from the library based on the fact that it was available. I don't know when it was written, but it feels like it was set in the 90s. It's not just the VCR tapes and the fact that no one has a cell phone, it's also the social/cultural feel. For example, Sarah (the love interest) has a mother who seems deeply committed to convincing Sarah to undergo whatever inconvenience ...more
Erica Griep
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Bend in the Road is a book that comes from a story line of tragedy to the positive things that are the outcome. Miles Ryan seemed to shut down the day is wife was killed in a hit-and-run accident. They have a son Jonah together who has some challenging issues he faces. Miles longs to bring his wife's killer to justice but the case has been open for a while and they have yet to have a suspect. Miles and Jonah live in a small warming community where everyone knows everybody. When Jonah starts se ...more
Everlark101199
Sep 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was AMAZING.I can't tell you how much I love Nicholas Sparks and his book. They are just beautiful and I'm really excited about reading so much more by him
#BRB: Book Options 2 5 Mar 29, 2017 08:42PM
Could've solved the crime right away... 1 18 Sep 23, 2016 08:40AM
BEP090P2: Setting 4 7 Nov 05, 2014 01:43PM
Pink Pandas Mond...: goodreads post 2 2 5 Apr 06, 2014 06:27PM
Pink Pandas Mond...: Goodreads Post 1 1 4 Mar 27, 2014 10:38PM
2013 Nicholas Spa...: * Discussion - A Bend in the Road 12 49 Jul 03, 2013 09:46AM
  • Nicholas Sparks
  • The Carousel (The Locket, #3)
  • Wokini: A Lakota Journey to Happiness and Self-Understanding
  • Summer (Sunrise, #2)
  • Echoes
  • 44 Cranberry Point (Cedar Cove, #4)
  • Summer's Child
  • Distant Shores
  • Sundays at Tiffany's

Nicholas Sparks is one of the world’s most beloved storytellers. All of his books have been New York Times bestsellers, with over 105 million copies sold worldwide, in more than 50 languages, including over 75 million copies in the United States alone.

Sparks wrote one of his best-known stories, The Notebook, over a period of six months at age 28. It was published in 1996 and he followed with the n

More about Nicholas Sparks

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Alexis (Ace Security, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Unlucky in Love (Lucky, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Secret (Mercy Kilpatrick, #3)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Difference Between Us (Opposites Attract #2)
  • Bullets & Bonfires
  • White Lace and Promises
    $3.99 $0.99
  • To Commit (The Broken Roads #2)
  • The Yard Rose
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Driven by Fire (Fire, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taken, Not Spurred (Lone Star Burn, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Chasing Down a Dream: A Blessings Novel
  • The Pursuit of Love
    $11.99 $1.99
  • At Wave's End
  • After the War Is Over: A Novel
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Mr. Right (Colorado Hearts #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • It Had to Be Him (It Had to Be #1)
  • The Love Goddess' Cooking School
    $10.99 $2.99
  • That Way Again
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Never Let Go (Haven, Montana #2)
  • All the Way from Texas
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Pretty Little Killers (The Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forever Surprised (Forever Bluegrass #6)
    $2.99 $1.49
“grown-ups always say that things are complicated.” 71 likes
“If it’s over, then don’t let the past screw up the rest of your life.” 58 likes