Chipper's Reviews > A Bend in the Road

A Bend in the Road by Nicholas Sparks

Jan 27, 2010

did not like it

This novel was like reading the Cliff Notes of a epic love story, MINUS the analysis and depth you might find in Cliff Notes and MINUS the well-developed and fascinating characters, settings and dialogue you might find in an epic love story. Based upon my reading of this book, nobody will be reading Nicolas Sparks 100 years from now and I refuse to waste any more of my limited time on Earth reading words slapped together by him and bound under the pretense of actually being a novel.

The SECOND BEST thing about A Bend in the Road is that it was only 368 pages (with medium-large type) and it was over quickly. In spite of this, I'm still surprised I finished it. The few times I did put it down, I threw it down disgusted by his formulaic writing style, predictable plot lines and pathetic dialogue.

The BEST thing about A Bend in the Road is that one month - maybe even one week - from now, I won't be able to remember a damn thing about it. No aspect of this book is memorable and essentially every aspect of it is utterly forgettable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Bend in the Road.

Started Reading
January 1, 2010 – Finished Reading
January 27, 2010 – Shelved

Sarah I have thrown many a Nicholas Spark book against the wall. He starts with a good story, and then he is so infuriating with his handling of it. I don't know why I bother.