Start by marking “The Night Before Christmas” as Want to Read:
The Night Before Christmas

The Night Before Christmas (FBI Agents)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,536 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
'Tis the night before Christmas and all through the house, things are definitely stirring...because if you're going to wait up for Santa, you might as well have some very sexy company...

"White Night Christmas" by Lori Foster
"Snowed Under" by Erin McCarthy
"Ms. Humbug" by Jill Shalvis
"I'll Be Home for Christmas" by Kathy Love
"Seducing Scrooge" by Katherine Garbera
"The Good G
Mass Market Paperback, 346 pages
Published 2005 by Kensington Publishing Corp.

To ask other readers questions about The Night Before Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Night Before Christmas

Lyndi
Nov 07, 2014 Lyndi rated it liked it
"White Night Christmas" by Lori Foster - DNF
Damn girl, take a fucking hint. I've never seen a woman chase a man so passive-aggressively. She's annoying as hell. How many times does somebody need to say no before she realizes they actually mean it?

"Snowed Under" by Erin McCarthy - 1 star
Lily's magical vagina makes a man believe in the spirit of Christmas. Ridiculous.

"Ms. Humbug" by Jill Shalvis - 3 stars
Cute little whodunit with a prudish workaholic and a fun-loving, but responsible coworker. I l
Cindy
Dec 18, 2015 Cindy rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas
Somehow they stuffed 6 contemporary Christmas stories in this book. Thus, only 3 stars!

Lori Foster 4 stars - I really liked this one. The hero is 14 years older then the heroine (she's 22). This was not really a turn off. Good story considering how short it had to be.

Erin McCarthy - 2 stars. Possibly the worst EM I've ever read. Claire was annoying & Justin clueless (NOT endearingly so). They jump into sex & are proclaiming love & marriage within 8 hours. Not into it :(

Jill Shalvi
Kathy Davie
Mar 07, 2016 Kathy Davie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Six short stories in this anthology about Christmas Eve romances.

The Stories
Lori Foster's "White Knight Christmas" is a tale of Detective Parker Ross, a reluctant hero with a Scrooge mentality, who comes up against his very own Christmas wish when Lily forces herself on him.

I suspect Foster needed a few more pages to end this story. It was too abrupt and jerked the story to an end. Still, it was sweet.

Erin McCarthy's "Snowed Under" finds Claire Robbins the victim of a snowplow splash and run. Wh
Stephanie
Mar 11, 2014 Stephanie rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday-reading
In the spirit of kicking off the holiday season, I decided to start my December reading with some festive books, the first one being THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS a combination of six short stories by well known authors.

I was very excited to pick this one up particularly because I've never read a novel by best-selling author, Lori Foster and especially because Erin McCarthy is one of my favorite story-tellers. But, I must say the book wasn't as great as I thought it would be. I was surprised to fin
Devon
Mar 05, 2014 Devon rated it liked it
'THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS' is a holiday themed short story collection featuring some of today's hottest chick-lit authors such as Lori Foster and Erin McCarthy. Despite the promising theme and the highly praised contributing authors I found many of the stories in 'THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS' to be predictable at best. Not only did almost every story follow the same formula but there was little to no relation to the Christmas holiday in any of them. To my surprise, however, the two stand out st ...more
Anna Marie
Feb 25, 2014 Anna Marie rated it it was ok
I got what I thought was a four-popper, because I wanted some quick, hopefully cute, mindless romances. What I got was a six-popper... all of the short stories taking place on the night before Christmas. Oookaybie, then!

Story #1 (by Lori Foster)
After reading three pages, I found it to be a story about a bimbo in cop's apartment building who convinces him to do a little holiday unwinding. I didn't read further than those three pages, because both of them were annoying, and the writing was pitiful
Gemma
Nov 03, 2012 Gemma marked it as did-not-finish
Shelves: bookcrossing
Too lusty for my taste. And the stories were so short, even for novellas (about 60 pages each) that the authors didn't have time for much character development.
Kevin Connery
Feb 09, 2010 Kevin Connery rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Mixed bag. None really outstanding, and a couple of weak ones, but nothing really sucked.
Crystal McFarland
Nov 26, 2012 Crystal McFarland rated it really liked it
all good except the last story sucked.
Kate
May 09, 2011 Kate rated it really liked it
Ann aka Iftcan
Feb 27, 2012 Ann aka Iftcan rated it really liked it
A collection of short stories, all dealing with Christmas Eve. Now, before I go any further, I should warn any readers--I am a total FANATIC about holiday stories. Doesn't matter the holiday or even the genre, I'll read it. This is especially true of Christmas themed books.

Having said that--as with any anthology, some stories are good, some ok, and a few were kind of "eh". I have read a few of the authors in this anthology before--but not in their plain romance stories. Mostly their PNR and/or U
Patti K
Mar 12, 2012 Patti K rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. I got this specifically for the Jill Shalvis story, and that one didn't disappoint and brought up the overall score. However, some of the other stories weren't that great or were just ok. I will probably check out Kathy Love because her story was pretty decent and believable. Seducing Scrooge wasn't great but it wasn't terrible and was marginally believable. White Night Christmas was a non-starter for me. Snowed Under was barely believable and thus, less enjoyable. And the Kylie Adams ...more
Debbie
Aug 16, 2011 Debbie rated it really liked it
- White Knight Christmas by Lori Foster (read 8/15/11) ****
Overworked Detective Parker Ross just wanted some down time and to forget about the Christmas season (bah hum bug). Neighbor, sweet little Lily Donaldson was just the cheerful, spirited sort of person he wanted most to avoid. But Lily was the type that is too difficult to ignore, especially since he had been admiring her for several months now.
**** Short, sweet, hot, cute ~ what a combination. It’s only 61 pages long so, as with most a
Christine D
Seducing Scrooge: 3.5 stars
A good girl's guide to a very bad Christmas: 3 stars
Cara
Dec 18, 2014 Cara rated it liked it
Very short shots of Christmas cheer--not bad, but none very memorable after the hour or less it takes to read each one. Good authors, but way too many short stories crammed into one book makes none of them special.
Alena
Dec 17, 2014 Alena rated it it was ok
I picked this up at the used bookstore for 50 cents, figuring it'd be a cute holiday read, but most of the stories were just ridiculous.
LorettaLynn
Dec 09, 2011 LorettaLynn rated it it was amazing

Wow, I loved reading this book! It has 6 short Christmas stories in it, all waiting to be read.
**White Knight Christmas
** Seducing Scrooge
By, Katherine Garbera
** The Good Girl’s Guide To a Very Bad Christmas
By, Kylie Adams

All of these stories I thought where, are you ready?
Very hot and Steamy and oh so Sexy!!
I am very glad I have read this book.
I recommend this one to the romanc
Jilly
Jan 02, 2013 Jilly rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas
I love Christmas stories so I really hoped this would be a good book and it was a decent one. I can't say I loved all the stories but some of them were better than others.

Loved Snowed Under by Erin McCarthy. Great story about a little sister who gets the opportunity to seduce her brother's best friend who she's crushed on for years.

The Good Girl's Guide to a Very Bad Christmas was also pretty cute. Aspiring actress and coffee shop barista gets the guy of her dreams after making out a naughty Chr
Christy
Dec 12, 2015 Christy rated it liked it
Quick and fun Christmas read. There are 6 short stories in this book.
Kristina
Sep 28, 2014 Kristina rated it liked it
It was okay. I was not a big fan of the final story.
Ellie
Dec 11, 2010 Ellie rated it liked it
I've read a better collection of stories. This was definately not my favourite and I found myself putting it down and getting back to work!! Can you believe that? Rather than eating up the distraction it was actually forcing me to focus.

So I'm not sure what type of score to give this book. I did finish it and mildly enjoyed most of the stories, but at the same time I wasn't dying to turn the page ... a 3 seems to by my safe rating for books that are neither 'that good' or 'that bad'
Misty Boyd
Dec 14, 2015 Misty Boyd rated it really liked it
quick, lighthearted , holiday romance
Lindah
Dec 11, 2015 Lindah rated it liked it
The last few stories weren't great.
Amy
Nov 05, 2009 Amy rated it really liked it
White Knight Christmas by Lori Foster
A young 24 year old woman, Lily, is in love with her neighbor, a 38 year-old police man, a hero in her eyes. He is a bit of a Grinch. She is too young and cheery for him, but he is very attracted to her. After they spend the night together on her birthday, his heart grows 10 times its size, just like the Grinch, and he realizes he is in love with her too... a very sweet story, brought tears to my eyes.
Nancy
Jan 22, 2015 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the short stories by different authors. I was able to read a story in one afternoon. Hot & steamy.
Claudia
Only read the book for the Erin McCarthy and Jill Shalvis stories.
I really liked them both, especially the Erin McCarthy one but the rest of the stories was rather boring for me.
My favourite quotes from the Erin McCarthy story:
'Men. Couldn't live with them. Couldn't get away with killing them.'
'Give him insurance fraud to investigate and he was on it. A woman and he was clueless.'
<3 it!
Jan
Nov 13, 2008 Jan rated it liked it
Recommends it for: contemporary romance readers

I'll be home for Christmas by Kathy Love 3/5 Stars
As a non-paranormal romance it was pretty good but it seems I much prefer her vampire/werewolf series.

White knight christmas by Lori Foster (TBR)
Snowed under by Erin McCarthy (TBR)
Ms. Humbug by Jill Shalvis (TBR)
Seducing scrooge by Katherine Garbera (TBR)
The good girl's guide to a very bad christmas by Kylie Adams (TBR)
Elizabeth

The Good girl's guide to a very bad christmas by Kylie Adams: 3.5 stars
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Nov 28, 2011 Rebecca (everyday reader) rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
A nice grouping of Christmas stories. A detective who thinks he's too old for his attractive young neighbor, a guy who's always wanted his best friends little sister but stayed away because he thought she was off limits, among other good works fill this book. All with twists, love, and passion between people who's love sprouted in a lot of diferent ways. Great read!
Allison
Dec 31, 2013 Allison rated it really liked it
Christmas romance with some sex thrown in for good measure. I have to admit I didn't realize there was sex in these stories until I started reading them. Some good romance stories overall and i enjoyed reading them.
  • To All A Good Night
  • Better Naughty Than Nice: No Mistletoe Required\Her Secret Santa\Snug in His Bed (Harlequin Blaze, #507)
  • Heating Up The Holidays
  • Red Hot Santa
  • Jingle All The Way
  • Beach Blanket Bad Boys
  • Bad Boys Southern Style
  • Secret Santa (Harlequin Blaze #292)
  • Viva Las Bad Boys!
  • Twas the Night
  • Santa, Baby
  • Christmas Weddings: His Christmas Eve Proposal / Snowbound Bride / Their Christmas Vows
  • Naughty or Nice?
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Includes: Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • Christmas Revels
  • Hot Chocolate (included: Winston Brothers, #1)
  • British Bad Boys

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...

FBI Agents (3 books)
  • Smart Mouth
  • Bad Boys In Black Tie (Includes: Watson Brothers, #3)