Start by marking “Dog-Eared: MUTTS 9” as Want to Read:
Dog-Eared: MUTTS 9

Dog-Eared: MUTTS 9 (Mutts)

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  130 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Patrick McDonnell possesses an elegance of line and narrative that both transcends and defines his medium. His artistry is in his Zen-like clarity, his simple direct address, and his unique understanding of the essential animal-human continuum. When one experiences MUTTS, one experiences genius." -Alice Sebold, author of The Lovely Bones

"Dog-Eared"is exactly what this late
Published September 1st 2004 by Andrews McMeel Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dog-Eared, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dog-Eared

Bill  Kerwin
Jun 15, 2007 rated it really liked it

A wonderful comic strip. Whimsical with just a hint of Zen. If you love Peanuts and Pogo and Krazy Kat--especially Krazy Kat--you'll like this.
Nurhayati Ramlan
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned-shelf

Mooch and Earl are too adorable. I wanna hug them!!
Waldmar1000
Feb 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
"Dog-Eared: Mutts" is a fantastic book. It was written and illustrated by Patrick McDonnell. It is no doubt that this book is the greatest I have ever read in my life. It combines 3 great things: humor, comics, and animals. Did I mention that I just adore the illustrations in this book? One thing that really stood out for me in this book was a specific comic strip. It said that apparently the difference between "here" and "there" was the "T."
Mutts doesn't really have a main storyline. This boo
Mary Catelli
Oct 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, comic-strips
Another collection of Mutts cartoons, humorous, some stand-alone, some stories, and some variations on a theme.

Features New Year's resolutions. Takes on "Roses are red, violets are blue" for Valentine's Day. A sequence of gags on bees. Mooch as the All Knowing Sphinx. Mooch's pet snail, that he names Little Earl. Mooch writing his autobiography. Worrying when on vacation -- Earl wants to know who's barking at the mailman.
Joseph
Jul 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
McDonnel is a comic strip genius, in my opinion. His artistic talent combined with his wit and wisdom make for fun reading. One thing I particularly like about this Mutts collection is the wisdom of the Shphinx strips. I would suggest, though, that you start with the first collection of strips so you can get the full story behind Earl and Mooch and all their friends and family.
Shonna Froebel
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: humour
I love Mutts, and this one is a particularly good collection. I like the play on words in the title comic. The humour throughout is good, but he also includes more serious topics like animal welfare on a regular basis.
Mike Jensen
Aug 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another wonderful MUTTS collection.
Artemisa
It was a nice change of pace. I still prefer Calvin & Hobbes.
Susan
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cartoons, humor
Another delightful collection of cartoons, featuring Earl, the dog, Mooch, the cat, and their friends, human and otherwise.
Gretchen
May 07, 2014
Cecilia
Jan 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cats, mutts
Another piece of art of Patrick McDonnell!.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
In 1994 McDonnell created the comic strip MUTTS which now appears in over 700 newspapers and 20 countries.

In 2005, McDonnell embarked on a children's book career. His first children’s book, which featured the MUTTS characters, The Gift of Nothing, quickly became a New York Times bestseller. Art (2006), his second release, told the story of a boy named Art who makes art. His next release, Just Like
More about Patrick McDonnell

Mutts (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • MUTTS
  • Cats and Dogs: Mutts II
  • More Shtuff - Mutts III (Mutts)
  • Yesh! - Mutts IV
  • Our Mutts: Five (Mutts, #5)
  • A Little Look-See:  Mutts 6 (Mutts, #6)
  • What Now: MUTTS VII