Random House of Canada Ltd discussion

Reading is Fun! > Reading Bingo Challenge

Comments (showing 1-50 of 65) (65 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Are you participating in our Reading Bingo Challenge? Share your progress here!

Tell us what you've been reading, how many squares you've covered and whether this challenge has helped you find a book you might not otherwise have picked up.

Get or share suggestions about books for each square. Did your barista recommend a book to you? Have you heard a celebrity talk about a book they loved? Let us know here!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

We'll start. We went around to baristas in our area and asked them what they were reading. Here's what they recommended.

message 3: by Freda (new)

Freda Labianca (fredamans) | 5 comments I read The Forty Rules of Love and it was a good book.

message 4: by Darlene (new)

Darlene | 7 comments I've read 10/24 books so far! I am at a point now where I will have to consciously pick books specifically for the challenge!

I tweeted Tim Horton's for a book recommendation from a barista, but I never received a response :( Thanks for posting those recommendations!

Here's my progress:

1. A BOOK BY A CANADIAN AUTHOR:
Rebel Heart by Moira Young
http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2...

2. A BOOK YOU WOULD HAVE PICKED UP AS A TEENAGER:
Marked by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast

3. A BOOK WITH AN ANIMAL ON THE COVER:
White Cat by Holly Black

4. A YOUNG ADULT NOVEL:
Undead by Kirsty McKay

5. A BOOK WITH MORE THAN 400 PAGES:
Witch World by Christopher Pike

6. A BOOK THAT'S BEEN ON YOUR SHELF FOR MORE THAN 5 YEARS:
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling

7. A BOOK SOMEONE RECOMMENDS TO YOU:
Divergent by Veronica Roth

8. AN AWARD-WINNING BOOK:
By the Great Horn Spoon! by Sid Fleischman

9. A BOOK WITH A GREAT FIRST LINE:
Three Graves Full by Jamie Mason

10. A BOOK YOU CHOSE BECAUSE OF THE COVER:
A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies

message 5: by Darlene (new)

Darlene | 7 comments Freda wrote: "I read The Forty Rules of Love and it was a good book."

Which square was that one for, Freda?

message 6: by Simone (last edited Mar 18, 2013 10:21PM) (new)

Simone | 2 comments Fun! I can cross a few off the list already:

1. Book with animal on cover: KAFKA ON THE SHORE by Murakami. - Has a cat & a fish on the cover.
2. Book outside comfort zone: LAURA by Vera Caspary. - I typically dislike crime fiction but I enjoyed this.
3. Young adult novel - LOOKING FOR ALIBRANDI by Melina Marchetta - read twice in high school, it's a great young adult book.
4. Award winning - I've read a few! Let's say... HANDMAID'S TALE by Margaret Atwood.
5. Canadian author - HANDMAID'S TALE by Atwood.
6. More than 400 pages - again, I've read quite a few. Recently 1Q84 by Murakami, and currently LES MISERABLES by Victor Hugo.
7. Poetry - again, lots of poetry. LEAVES OF GRASS by Whitman is one of my favourites.
8. Book with pictures - ALICE IN WONDERLAND/THROUGH THE LOOKING-GLASS. One of my all-time favourites.
9. Book with great first line - THE GREAT GASTBY. Read it a few years back and now re-reading it.
10. Book recommended by celebrity - MAN'S SEARCH FOR MEANING by Viktor Frankl. Recommended by Drew Barrymore on some list I read somewhere. It's a truly amazing book.
11. Book I chose for the cover: THE JOKE by Milan Kundera. I can't find the same edition anywhere on GoodReads, but it was really unusual/artistic and made me intrigued to read the book even though I knew nothing about it or Kundera. Great book.

So that makes 11/24! But no straight Bingo yet :(

I can get Bingo if I read a book I chose for the cover and a book everyone but me has read, OR if I just read a book recommended by the bookseller.

But hey, I'm gonna try to get all of them! Haha. Already have a few in mind. Some of these will difficult for me to achieve, such as the radio one - because I never listen to the radio; and the 'should have read at school' one -because I read all I was supposed to! But I'll try to give as many as I can a go this year. ESPECIALLY the book that's been sitting on my shelf for 5 years, its by Graham Greene.

message 7: by Ashleigh (last edited Mar 18, 2013 10:56PM) (new)

Ashleigh | 1 comments Book that will help with your career: Police Procedure and Investigation by Lee Lofland - for writers - ongoing and dipping into various parts
Award winning book - Life of Pi by Yann Martel
Young adult - Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
a book someone recommended to you - The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey
A Book with more than 400 pages - Storm of Swords: Blood and Gold by George RR Martin

So only five so far but slowly working on it. And no bingo.

there are a few I might not get like the barista one, the radio one and the school one cause I read all I had to in school - I was such a nerd. Also may struggle with the celebrity ones.

message 8: by Freda (new)

Freda Labianca (fredamans) | 5 comments Darlene wrote: "Freda wrote: "I read The Forty Rules of Love and it was a good book."

Which square was that one for, Freda?"

I'm not actually playing, it was from reading Random Houses' barista recommendations.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Freda wrote: "I read The Forty Rules of Love and it was a good book."

You should play! You've already got at least one square down. :)

~Ainsley

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Darlene wrote: "I've read 10/24 books so far! I am at a point now where I will have to consciously pick books specifically for the challenge!

I tweeted Tim Horton's for a book recommendation from a barista, but ..."

Wow! You're progressing fast!

I'm sad to hear that Tim Horton's didn't Tweet you back. Maybe you'd have more luck with Starbucks? Or feel free to use the suggestions from the baristas we talked to.
~Ainsley

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Simone wrote: "Fun! I can cross a few off the list already:

1. Book with animal on cover: KAFKA ON THE SHORE by Murakami. - Has a cat & a fish on the cover.
2. Book outside comfort zone: LAURA by Vera Caspary. -..."

Wow! You got a lot of them without even trying!

I'm so happy to hear when this inspires people to read that book that's been on their shelf for so long! Let us know what you think of the Greene book when you've finished it!

~Ainsley

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Ashleigh wrote: "Book that will help with your career: Police Procedure and Investigation by Lee Lofland - for writers - ongoing and dipping into various parts
Award winning book - Life of Pi by Yann Martel
Young a..."

Well you're free to interpret the squares as you like. So the book you should have read in high school doesn't have to be one that was assigned, it could be one all your peers were talking about, or something that would have appealed to you in high school but you just never got around to reading it.

We're pretty lax with the rules. :)

~Ainsley

message 13: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 19, 2013 10:38AM) (new)

Here's a handy flowchart that we made for our Spring titles. Maybe it will give you suggestions of what to read next for your Reading Bingo!

message 14: by Simone (new)

Simone | 2 comments Random House of Canada wrote: "Simone wrote: "Fun! I can cross a few off the list already:

2. Book outside comfort zone: LAURA by ..."

After I've finished TREE OF MAN (because i've been waiting a long time to read it), I've got a few already chosen for the bingo challenge:

1. Should have read in high school: TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD. It was never assigned to my class, but it was read by another class and I guess it's one of those books most people read in high school./ 2. Book everyone's read but me: 1984 by George Orwell./ 3. A book I would have picked up as teen: THE ALCHEMIST by Paul Coelho. I remember really wanting to read it in high school and since lost interest, but I was intrigued by it back then and I've heard its good./ 4. A book I saw on TV: Can't decided between A SPORT & A PASTIME by James Salter, or LE GRAND MEAULNES by Alain Fournier, both which I saw on a TV book club. Suppose whichever I can get my hands on first./ 5. Book written by celeb: AN OBJECT OF BEAUTY by Steve Martin./ 6. Book been on shelf for 5 years: THE COMEDIANS by Graham Greene.

Still working on the others. Radio and Barista are tricky ones! This Bingo challenge also gets you to stretch your comfort zone in life, not just with books. Look forward to seeing how far I get by the end of year. Good luck and happy reading everyone!

message 15: by Darlene (new)

Darlene | 7 comments Random House of Canada wrote: "I'm sad to hear that Tim Horton's didn't Tweet you back. Maybe you'd have more luck with Starbucks? Or feel free to use the suggestions from the baristas we talked to."

I know! Not very friendly!! I'll have to talk to the barista next time I'm at Starbucks!

message 16: by Darlene (new)

Darlene | 7 comments Book #11: A BOOK WITH PICTURES

Lincoln: A Photobiography by Russell Freedman
(1988 Newbery Medal winner)

message 17: by Heather (last edited Feb 17, 2014 05:52AM) (new)

Heather (FatCatReader) | 1 comments This should be fun! I'm going to try the YA and the Main bingo sheets. Hopefull, I can do this without using one book on more than one square :D

YA Reading Bingo (1/24)
B1 A Book with a Female Heroine - Worlds Collide (Sunset Rising #2) by S.M. McEachern
O1 First in a Series - Pivot Point (Pivot Point, #1) by Kasie West

Reading Bingo (1/24)
B2 A Book Written by Someone Under Thirty - What's Left of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles, #1) by Kat Zhang
G2 A Book by a Female Author - The Whole Golden World by Kristina Riggle
I4 Heard about Online - Jack and Yani Love Harry Potter by Mary E. Twomey

message 18: by Dana (new)

Dana (danaschipporeit) | 19 comments Reading Bingo:
I-7: Book That is Out of Your Comfort Zone-Stranger in a Strange Land

message 19: by Elaine (last edited Jan 19, 2014 12:25PM) (new)

Elaine | 1 comments To date:

A book by a female author:
Pardonable Lies by Jacqueline Winspear

A book with a mystery:
A Medal for Murder by Frances Brody

message 20: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (Melliemd) | 1 comments Currently at 5 books!

B1: A Book With More than 500 Pages - The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe
I6: A Forgotten Classic - The Yellow Wallpaper
I10: A Book That Scares You - Let the Right One In
N11: A Book That Became a Movie - Divergent
G16: A Book Released This Year - Uninvited

Working on O21: A Book With a Number in the Title right now. :)

message 21: by Valentina (new)

Valentina Jusat started, this looks great fun!

A Book By A Female Author: PC Cast & Kristin Cast - Revealed
A Book Of Non Fiction: Malala Yousafzai - I Am Malala (The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and was Shot by the Taliban)

And thanks a lot because this challenge made me want to join Goodreads, and I love it here!

message 22: by Dana (new)

Dana (danaschipporeit) | 19 comments G-20: a book I would have picked up as a teenager "winter girls by Laurie Halse Anderson"

message 23: by Dana (new)

Dana (danaschipporeit) | 19 comments G-19 A Book With Pictures: " The Boy of a Thousand Faces" by Brian Selznick

message 24: by Dana (new)

Dana (danaschipporeit) | 19 comments B-2 a book from the library: Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson Haddix

message 25: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sp23) | 2 comments Reading bingo 2014:

Second row horizontal

A book written by someone under thirty: The Red Badge of Courage by Stephen Crane
A book with non-human characters: The House of Hades (Heroes of Olympus Book 4) by Rick Riordan
A funny book: I Could Pee on This and Other Poems by Cats by Francesco Marciuliano
A book by a female author: Where Are You Now by Mary Higgins Clark
A book with a mystery: I, the Jury by Mickey Spillane

message 26: by Dana (new)

Dana (danaschipporeit) | 19 comments Can we do another one for 2014? Could someone make a new one?

message 27: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sp23) | 2 comments Dana wrote: "Can we do another one for 2014? Could someone make a new one?"

Dana, they are: http://www.retreatbyrandomhouse.ca/20...

:-)

message 28: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie Steffey (RacecarMommy3) | 3 comments Just got the bingo page, thanks to Debbie Macomber's facebook suggestion. I'm excited to join the group.

message 29: by Dana (new)

Dana (danaschipporeit) | 19 comments Yay!!!!

message 30: by Dana (new)

Dana (danaschipporeit) | 19 comments G-17: We Have Always Lived in the Castle We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson

"Book by a Female Author"

message 31: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 1 comments So far I've only filled in one square, the non-fiction.

Going Clear:Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of belief by Lawrence Wright

I'm reading The Boys from Brazil now. It fulfills two spaces, more than 10 years old, and made into a movie. Does anyone know if it was on the bestseller list? My googlefu is'nt very strong.

For my next choice I'm torn between Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman by Murikami for the collection of short stories space, and Wolf Hall for the other continent space. I'll probably do Murikami first since I can finish his work fast.

Also, as this is my first post, bear with me. I can't figure out the add book/author link thingy.

message 32: by Sabrina (last edited Feb 27, 2014 04:11PM) (new)

Sabrina Siltala (SabrinaSiltala) | 2 comments I just stumbled upon this lovely challenge. But without knowing it, I already crossed out some of the fields. So here we go (original version):

- a book written by a female author: Maja Ilisch - Geigenzauber (and a few more)

- a book with a mystery: Yalda Lewin - Ruf der Drachen

- a book with a one-word title: Yalda Lewin - Innensicht

- a book set on a different continent: TJ Klune - Into This River I Drown (North America. I live in Europe.)

- a book you heard about online: Gemma Files - A Book of Tongues

- the second book in a series: Catherynne M. Valente - The Girl Who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There

- a book with non-human characters: Paolo Bacigalupi - The Drowned Cities (I guess one non-human counts.)

- a best-selling book: John Green - The Fault In Our Stars

message 33: by Stefanie (new)

Stefanie Steffey (RacecarMommy3) | 3 comments Ok i finally got to sit down and look at what I read so far in 2014.

-A book with a number in the title: Take down Twenty by Janet Evanovich

-A book with non-human characters: The cat who played post office by Lilian Jackson Braun

-A book by a female author: The cat who knew Shakespeare by Lilian Jackson Braun

-A book with a mystery: Aunt Dimity's Christmas by Nancy Atherton

-A book set on a different continent: Aunt Dimity digs in by Nancy Atherton

-A book of non fiction: The women of the cousin's war by Philippa Gregory

-The second book in a series: Rose Harbor In Bloom by Debbie Macomber

All of those books but still no bingo on the card yet.
Good luck to everyone.

message 34: by Sabrina (new)

Sabrina Siltala (SabrinaSiltala) | 2 comments Beatnik wrote: "Wait, a "book recommended by your barista"? Does everybody else have a barista?? Also, one they chat with long enough to exchange book recommendations? I feel like I'm living a very different sort ..."

The thing with the barista was last year's Bingo ... this year they left this field out. Look: http://www.retreatbyrandomhouse.ca/20...

I also don't have a barista, and even if I would, I don't think I would exchange book recommendations with him / her.

message 35: by Elliot (new)

Elliot Chalom (2bitmonkey) | 4 comments I think if you read this you should get to cover the square: It's Not About the Coffee: Leadership Principles from a Life at Starbucks. Of course, it's probably the only reason I'd read a book of life advice from a Starbucks employee!

PS last year I covered 22 of the 24 squares and this was one of the two I missed.

message 36: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 2 comments Hi everyone.

I just saw the reading bingo grid today and I think it is a great idea. :-) I've only read three books this year, currently on my fourth. My goal is 50, so I need to pick up the pace! After I complete the book I am currently reading I will complete two lines of the grid.

message 37: by Starsplit (new)

Starsplit | 2 comments So any suggestions for "A Forgotten Classic"? If it's defined as a classic I'm pretty sure it's not forgotten. What kinds of books are other people reading for this one?

message 38: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 2 comments For the forgotten classic square of the grid I am going to read: The Monk; a romance by Matthew Gregory Lewis

Just type forgotten classics into google and loads of books will come up.

message 39: by Stefanie (last edited May 27, 2014 08:29AM) (new)

Stefanie Steffey (RacecarMommy3) | 3 comments So far my list contains the following: with one bingo.

A book with more than 500 pages: The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
A book With A Number in the title: Takedown Twenty - Janet Evanovich
A book with non-human characters: The cat who played post office - Lilian Jackson Braun
A book by a female author: the cat who knew shakespear - Lilian Jackson Braun
A book with a mystery: Aunt Dimity's Christmas - Nancy Atherton
A book of short stories: Life Among the Lutherans - Garrison Keillor
A book set on a different continent: Aunt Dimity Digs in - Nancy Atherton
A book of non fiction: The women of the cousins war - Philippa Gregory
A best selling book: Reflected In You - Sylvia Day
A book your friend loves: Entwined with you - Sylvia Day
A book that is more than 10 years old: Ralph S. Mouse - Beverly Cleary
The second book in a series: Rose Harbor In Bloom - Debbie Macomber
A book with a blue cover: Divergent - Veronica Roth
A book based on a true story: All Quiet On the western front - Erich Maria Remarque

message 40: by Elliot (new)

Elliot Chalom (2bitmonkey) | 4 comments 21 of 24 squares covered so far! I posted my progress at http://2bitmonkey.wordpress.com/2014/...

message 42: by Kelsie (new)

Kelsie | 1 comments My friend at work just told me about this bingo challenge so I am going to do both (the main one & the YA one).
My First book is:
A book by a Female Author: Everybody has Everything-Katrina Onstad

message 43: by Angélique (new)

Angélique Of the 21 books I've finished so far this year, 14 of them have filled a bingo square. I'm shooting for a full card bingo, but this week I got my first full row bingo.

A book with a one word title: Identical by Ellen Hopkins
A book of short stories: Cornered edited by Rhoda Belleza
FREE SQUARE
A book set on a different continent: Once by Alice Walker
A book of non-fiction: Erotic Word by David M. Carr

message 44: by Valentina (new)

Valentina Today I finally finished it! It was so much fun, I'm planning on doing it again next year!

Here's a link to all my reviews -> http://nausicaa83.livejournal.com/tag...

And here's the complete list:

A Book With More Than 500 Pages: Rick Riordan - Heroes of Olympus / Blood of Olympus
A Forgotten Classic: George & Weedon Grossmith - The Diary of a Nobody
A Book That Became A Movie: Kazuo Ishiguro - Never Let Me Go
A Book Published This Year: Jim Butcher - Skin Game
A Book With A Number In The Title: McCall Smith - The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency
A Book Written By Someone Under Thirty: Peter S. Beagle - The Last Unicorn
A Book With Non-Human Characters: Ramson Riggs - Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children
A Funny Book: Liz Climo - The Little World of Liz Climo
A Book By A Female Author: P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast - House of Night / Revealed
A Book With A Mystery: Mark Haddon - The Curious Incident Of The Dog in the Night-Time
A Book With A One-Word Title: Rainbow Rowell - Fangirl
A Book Of Short Stories: Allie Brosh - Hyperbole and a Half
Free Square: Annie Proulx - Brokeback Mountain
A Book Set On A Different Continent: Bill Watterson - The Complete Calvin and Hobbes
A Book Of Non Fiction: Malala Yousafzai - I Am Malala (The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and was Shot by the Taliban)
The First Book By A Favourite Author: Sandra Cisneros - The House on Mango Street
A Book You Heard About Online: Colin Bateman - Mystery Man
A Best-Selling Book: Sun Tzu - The Art Of War
A Book Based On A True Story: Ernest Hemingway - A Farewell To Arms
A Book At The Bottorm Of Your To Be Read Pile: Graham McCann - Cary Grant A Class Apart
A Book Your Friend Loves: Richard Parks - Yamada Monogatari / Demon Hunter
A Book That Scares You: Ray Bradbury - Something Wicked This Way Comes
A Book That Is More Than 10 Years Old: L. Frank Baum - The Road To Oz
The Second Book In A Series: Ramson Riggs - Hollow City
A Book With A Blue Cover: Diana Wynne Jones - Charmed Life

message 45: by Elliot (new)

Elliot Chalom (2bitmonkey) | 4 comments Finished the entire board! And with 2 months to spare :)

B’s:
A book with more than 500 pages? Rip It Up and Start Again: Post-Punk 1978-84. Simon Reynolds. The UK Edition is ridiculously long (and worth it).
A book by someone under 30: Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened. Allie Brosh, still just 29 years old.
A book with a one word title: Lying.
The first book by a favorite author? Less Than Zero. I just love Bret Easton Ellis
A book your friend loves? Helter Skelter: The True Story of the Manson Murders

I’s:
A forgotten classic: I don't know what qualifies a book as a forgotten classic. I read these two, one ought to qualify: Brave New World; In Cold Blood
A book with non-human characters: It's Not Easy Being Green: And Other Things to Consider. Puppets (ahem, Muppets) are non-human. If you prefer Shel Silverstein to Jim Henson (or lions to frogs), I also read Lafcadio, the Lion Who Shot Back.
A book of short stories:Ladies and Gentlemen, by Adam Ross. It says “stories” right there on the cover.
A book I heard about online: There are several, but the most obvious is the book that I read online right on the website: Machine of Death: A Collection of Stories About People Who Know How They Will Die.
A book that scares me? Burnt Tongues. Some of these stories made it hard to fall asleep. And I don't scare easily.

N’s:
A book that became a movie: American Psycho
A funny book: Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True Memoir, the funniest book I read this year.
Best-selling book: Manic: A Memoir
A book that is more than 10 years old:Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values

G’s:
A book published this year: Wittgenstein Jr, published on Jan 1, 2014.
A book by a female author: Dept. of Speculation, by the female Jenny Offill.
A book set on a different continent: Sid Vicious
A book based on a true story: Killing Yourself to Live: 85% of a True Story. It’s in the title!
The second book in a series: Poking a Dead Frog: Conversations with Today's Top Comedy Writers. As far as I can tell, this is a direct follow-up to his book And Here's the Kicker: Conversations with 21 Top Humor Writers on their Craft and the Industry

O’s:
A book with a number in the title: One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories
A book with a mystery: Savage Night
A book of non-fiction? There are so many. I'll go with Kitty Genovese: The Murder, the Bystanders, the Crime That Changed America
A book at the bottom of my “to-read” pile: How Soon Is Never?
A book with a blue cover: To Rise Again at a Decent Hour. At least this lousy book (which I won and felt compelled to finish) was good for something.

message 46: by librarian4Him02 (new)

librarian4Him02 | 1 comments I finished a couple of rows.

Horizontal Row
The First Book by a Favorite Author: At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon
A book you heard about online: Deepest Waters by Dan Walsh
A best-selling book: Gold by Chris Cleave
A book based on a true story: The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman
A book at the bottom of your to be read pile - Glory Be by Augusta Scattergood

Vertical Row
A book with a number in the title - One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia
A book with a mystery - The Technologists by Matthew Pearl
A book of non-fiction: Secret Thoughts of an Unlikely Convert by Rosaria Champagne Butterfield
A book at the bottom of your to be read pile - Glory Be by Augusta Scattergood
A book with a blue cover - Verbal Judo: the Gentle Art of Persuasion by George J. Thompson

If I complete five more categories, I'll complete the board.

It's proving to be a year of interesting reading.

message 47: by R (new)

R (rrasis) | 2 comments Does anyone know when the 2015 board will be published?

message 48: by Dana (new)

Dana (danaschipporeit) | 19 comments Does anybody know the link to the new board?

message 49: by Starsplit (new)

Starsplit | 2 comments Finished both cards with the rules between a friend and I: No rereads, adult books for the adult card and YA for the YA card, and one book per square

Adult card
Row 1: The Way of Kings, Brandon Sanderson; The Price of Salt, Patricia Highsmith; The Kite Runner, Khalad Hossein; Lock In, John Scalzi; Ready Player One, Ernest Cline
Row 2: The Lies of Locke Lamora, Scott Lynch; Skin Game, Jim Butcher; Redshirts, John Scalzi; Shards of Time, Lynn Flewelling; The Cassandra Project, Jack McDevitt
Row 3: Warbreaker, Brandon Sanderson; Dangerous Women, George RR Martin; The Hero of Ages, Brandon Sanderson; The Map of Time, Felix J Palma; An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth, Chris Hadfield
Row 4: Elantris, Brandon Sanderson; And Playing the Role of Herself, K. E. Lane; MaddAddam, Margaret Atwood; Twelve Years a Slave, Solomon Northup; The Alloy of Law, Brandon Sanderson
Row 5: The Final Empire, Brandon Sanderson; Children of the Flames, Lucette Dekel; Soul of the Fire, Terry Goodkind; The Well of Ascension, Brandon Sanderson; Coming Home, Jack McDevitt

YA card
Row 1: Code Name Verity, Elizabeth Wein; Her Name in the Sky, Kelly Quinden; Allegiant, Veronica Roth; Rose Under Fire, Elizabeth Wein; Poison Study, Maria V Snyder
Row 2: The Testing, Joelle Charbonneau; we were liars, e. lockhart; Battle Magic, Tamora Pierce; The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, John Boyne; Revolution, Jennifer Donnelly
Row 3: A Great and Terrible Beauty, Libba Bray; Son, Lois Lowry; Independent Study, Joelle Charbonneau; Melting Stones, Tamora Pierce; Dragonsong, Anne McCaffrey
Row 4: The Sweet Far Thing, Libba Bray; Doctor Horrible, Zack Whedon; The Lightning Thief, Rick Riordan; A Wrinkle in Time, Madeleine L'Engle; The Ragwitch, Garth Nix
Row 5: Fire Study, Maria V Snyder; The Book Thief, Markus Zusak; Magic Study, Maria V Snyder; Rebel Angels, Libba Bray; Dragonsinger, Anne McCaffrey

Cheers to another year of reading!

message 50: by R (new)

R (rrasis) | 2 comments This was one of the places I checked for updates on the 2015 edition and I saw a few other people had the same question, so I figured I would share the knowledge--

I contacted Random House CA on twitter to see if they were publishing a 2015 board. It turns out that they are not.

Too bad! I really enjoyed participating in the 2014 version with my boyfriend. We printed out copies of the board and then kept track for each other. It was a really fun competition, and encouraged us to branch out in our reading. We went for a full board and kept the free square as a book of your choice, so 25 books in all. We both ended up finishing the challenge on the same day in early December... a tie!

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Worlds Collide (other topics)
The Whole Golden World (other topics)
Stranger in a Strange Land (other topics)
We Have Always Lived in the Castle (other topics)
Pivot Point (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Bret Easton Ellis (other topics)