Start by marking “The Vice Guide to Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll” as Want to Read:
The Vice Guide to Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll

The Vice Guide to Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll

What started out as a few Montreal drug addicts scamming welfare make-work programs back in 1994 has become a global empire of hedonism known simply as VICE. From a 16-page newspaper about punk bands and violence to stores, a clothing line, VICE Films, VICE TV, VICE Records, viceland.com, etc., VICE has become much more than a way for three guys to get laid. It's become a ...more
Published September 1st 2003 by Grand Central Publishing (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Vice Guide to Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vice Guide to Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll

Oriana
Mar 19, 2008 Oriana rated it it was amazing
Shelves: phenomenal, read-2009
I've said before that Vice at this point has been so cool for so long that it's almost no longer cool to admit to liking it. But as I have also said before, I. Don't. Fucking. Care. Vice is sheer and utter genius. There is no amount of irony or hipsterism or band-wagonry that could make me stop loving it.

So after the DOs and DON'Ts book, I just had to put this back in the bathroom. And how-lee shit, I forgot how mind-bogglingly incredible it is. After an interview with the three of them at the
Alexandra Sullivan
May 29, 2012 Alexandra Sullivan rated it it was amazing
Vice magazine has been ruining my life for years. This book sums up why I'm glad it did. Hedonism and nihilism in perfect harmony. Yes, it might be offensive, sexist, and racist at times, but their intent is in the right place- to break every taboo and barrier that exists. Their twitter describes Vice as the "all-powerful, all-consuming whore of Babylon" and I say keep it coming. If you're new to the "being cool" game, this might help.
Ian!!!
May 10, 2007 Ian!!! rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone who isn't a prude...no, I rescind that...anyone, ESPECIALLY prudes!
This is the most fun I ever had reading. Who would have though a bunch of junkies trying to cheat the government could turn out such a fantastic product?
c(g) starling
Aug 10, 2008 c(g) starling rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people aware of the world around them, punks, people with a real sense of humor.
Recommended to c(g) by: Ana Kee [guitarist in the South Louisiana hardcore band, Toxic
tons of small articles, fillers, and tid-bits. the greatest of "VICE," taken from years of hard work. Some of the language and views i could do without, but that's whats great about VICE: they don't censor anyone. In fact, i don't even think they edit anyone. Full of cliche's and wacky ass pictures, this book is perfect for long trips.

A few examples of what you'll find in here:
1) Vice guide to eating pussy [or the the Vice guide to sucking cock!]
2) Vice interview with a fat guy
3) Why interviews
Ashley
May 22, 2010 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Teenagers and those who don't know much about sex
Shelves: non-fiction
The articles are mostly informative and always interesting despite however useless and crazy they tend to be and plus YOU'LL BE LAUGHING YOUR ASS OFF through most of them anyways. I got it as a virgin teenager and it has helped me from the very beginning, especially whenever I come across a man who is clueless about eating pussy. Ah I taught them well, thanks to Vice there will me many more happy women in the world!
Evan
Dec 25, 2012 Evan rated it it was ok
I've never been a fan of decadence-for-hipness'-sake, but the A&E sections of the local free papers aren't much less obnoxious, and the Vice pieces that aren't so much about self-glorification (or sloppy attempts at tastemaking) are often wonderfully random and/or laugh-out-loud funny. I think the best thing in here is at the very end of the book: scathingly honest student evaluations purportedly written by a veteran sixth-grade teacher at his wits' end.
lindz
Aug 26, 2011 lindz rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to lindz by: Vice Magazine
Absolutely my most favorite book in life. Have read this book probably 20 times, and I wish I was kidding. I can't wait until the kids are old enough to read this, actually. Honest gonzo journalism with it's finger firmly on the pulse of....well.....everything. Can't say enough good things about all the Vice Guides. I wish I could give it more stars.....
Drew
Jul 23, 2007 Drew rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: trivia buffs
Shelves: nonfiction
This book is great for one simple reason: it talks about sex, drugs and rock n' roll and educates those of us too chicken to indulge in copious amounts of all three. For instance, I learned that Mennonites buy sperm to keep their population genetics straight. And I also learned that if you put something blatantly sexual on your resumee, there's a good chance you'll get at least one call back.
Chase
Apr 08, 2013 Chase rated it it was amazing
This book "literally" changed my whole perspective on people life and society. The Most Important Collection of Writings I've Ever Read and recommend anybody and everybody to read.
John
May 02, 2008 John rated it it was amazing
This is a hilarious coffee table book that you should take off the coffee table when your grandma is coming over.
Shawn
Oct 13, 2008 Shawn rated it liked it
Shelves: laugh
Great bathroom read.
Daniel
Jul 16, 2007 Daniel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: the-dump
This book will help you pull more tail then wearing a wolf t-shirt on an Indian reservation.

It also has lots of tips on feasting on the fine poon. The correct answer is NOT holding your breath!
KidPolaroid
Mar 29, 2007 KidPolaroid rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
This is a good reference for people who know little to nothing about sex, drugs, or rock & roll. Who doesn't love Vice anyway?!
Christie

Jan 26, 2011 D rated it liked it
It's no DOs and DON'Ts, but it's entertaining
Matt
Dec 02, 2008 Matt rated it it was amazing
Truthfully, this is probably a four-starrer, but I work here, so I'd give it 87 stars if I could. We have a new collection coming out soon that will blow this thing out of the water.
nicki
Feb 20, 2007 nicki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
you will be in a que as 3 people have already asked to borrow it from finding it lying around. A perfect toilet book.
Missy Maxwell
Nov 10, 2014 Missy Maxwell rated it really liked it
So hilarious... and read at the perfect time in my life.
Karrie
Mar 18, 2008 Karrie rated it liked it
Shelves: light
humorus dick and fart lit. literally.
Spencer McKay
Hilarious.
Xina
Apr 14, 2008 Xina rated it it was amazing
Andrew WK has an amazing article in here. Also tips on butt sex.
Alysia Montrose
Jun 16, 2013 Alysia Montrose rated it it was amazing
back when vice was awesome.
Catalina
Life changing experience.
K-tron
Jan 26, 2009 K-tron rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone
one of the funniest manuals about life ever. Learn sex tricks, and what drugs do to you. There is so much to be read and learned and laughed at. Give it a whirl!
Mary Lynn
Apr 07, 2013 Mary Lynn rated it it was amazing
this book is my (as rappers would say) ish... meaning shit. Love it.
samuel
Nov 06, 2007 samuel rated it it was amazing
i wish that someone gave this book to me when i was 14.
Evan
May 09, 2008 Evan rated it really liked it
One of the best gifts I've ever been given.
Christine
Feb 10, 2008 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So funny and realistic. Love the list of Guilty Pleasures and the "How To" sex articles. We have this on the shelf and occasionally I pick it up to reread something and laugh until I cry! Still!
  • In the Arms of Morpheus: The Tragic History of Laudanum, Morphine, and Patent Medicines
  • No Wave: Post-Punk. Underground. New York. 1976-1980.
  • Homeland Insecurity: The Onion Complete News Archives, Volume 17
  • Give a Little: How Your Small Donations Can Transform Our World
  • Good Mail Day: A Primer for Making Eye-Popping Postal Art
  • Skinema
  • Blogging for Bliss: Crafting Your Own Online Journal: A Guide for Crafters, Artists  Creatives of all Kinds
  • A History of Witchcraft, Sorcerers, Heretics, and Pagans
  • Psychology of the Future: Lessons from Modern Consciousness Research
  • Psychedelics Encyclopedia
  • Swell: A Girl's Guide to the Good Life
  • Van Gogh
  • The Stormy Search for the Self
  • The Antipodes of the Mind: Charting the Phenomenology of the Ayahuasca Experience
  • The Natural Mind: A Revolutionary Approach to the Drug Problem