Start by marking “The Isle of Illusion (Deltora Shadowlands, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Isle of Illusion (Deltora Shadowlands, #2)

The Isle of Illusion (Deltora Shadowlands #2)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  2,578 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Leif, Barda, and Jasmine are desperately searching for the three parts of the fabled Pirran Pipe, their only hope for saving the thousands of Deltorans held captive by the Shadow Lord.
Published September 1st 2002 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Isle of Illusion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Isle of Illusion

The Isle of Illusion was written by Emily Rodda, and it was the second book to Deltora Shadowlands. Leif had brought a wife from Tora to Deltora, but it was a secret. Her name was Marilen. In the book, they also found the Deltora Annuals which lies a map to find the hidden secrets and stories of the Pirran Pipe. Leif left to find the second part of the Pirran Pipe in Auron with Jasmine and Barda. They fought with Arachs to achieve their goal, and they succeeded. Now their next goal was to find t ...more
Miss Clark
Nov 30, 2009 Miss Clark rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Children aged 6 - 12
Recommended to Miss Clark by: L.N.M.
The second of the three adventures is completed in this book. But it also is building on secrets still not revealed. This book doesn't let down one bit from all the others that has lead to this point. And again the three companions work together to face incredible challenges to find the second of three parts of the magical pipe. Giant monsters and a strange people move them closer but to what....death?But the book also deals with what is happening back at the castle and the attempts of the Shado ...more
These books are surprisingly good, they are sort of like Lord of the Rings for grade schoolers. And by that I mean the story line is a little more simplified and easier to read. I happened to pick these up at my libraries book sale, because the covers are really unique, so far I'm not disappointed. They're also really helpful in catching me up on my reading challege. Looking forward to finishing up this series and moving onto the other series called Dragons of Deltora.
Yumeno Katrin
Prozatím asi nejslabší kniha z Deltory. Nevím, sice se mi líbí nápad podzemní země, ale nějak extra mě tento díl neuchvátil. Jediné, co stálo za to, bylo asi dění v Del.
THE ISLE OF ILLUSION is the third book in the DELTORA SHADOWLANDS series. In this book Leif, Barda, and Jasmine venture to the island of Auron seeking the stem of the Pirran Pipe. On the way he will make new friends, new enemies, and learn of new monsters. I would recomend this book to anyone who likes adventure stories and fantasies. I liked this book a lot. This book has 146 pages.

- William S.
2nd book in this saga. they need to get the 3rd of three parts of the pirran pipe. They had the first in the beginning, and another character that came along had the 2nd piece in the first book, he died, and are now trying to get the last piece, but they have alot of evil on there hands.
Tejemahannya kapan-kapan yah.

Ini cerita Lief, Barda, n Jasmine dalam rangka pencarian Seruling Pirra untuk membebaskan rakyat Deltora yang ditawan di Negeri Bayangan.

Setelah melewati mulut gua cahaya temaram, mereka sampai di gua yang dindingnya memantulkan cahaya pelangi.
Johnny Bennett
This one took so long to get from the library it took a while for me to remember what was happening in the series. Once I got into it, I enjoyed it quite a bit. These are not deep thinking books but fun light reading.
Ahmad Sharabiani
بعد از آمدن ارباب سایه ها وقتی سه قبیله پیرا از سرزمین آبا و اجدادی خود فرار کردند، به جزیره هایی در دریایی زیرزمینی پناه بردند، جزیره ی آرون ها به خوبی از جزیره های پلوم ها و کراس ها جدا شده بود
Ashley kreger
this one was very acknowledging it shows that you should learn to get along and agree or there will me great consequences for your actions it was a very good book and i greatly enjoyed it
I didn't enjoy the changing perspectives. But it kept my attention! Also, who the heck yells, "Beware!" when there is danger ahead? Haha!! I thought that was kind of odd. ^^''
This story is captivating in its narrative imagery. Difficult to put down and raced off to read the next one in the series. I couldn't put them down until I read them all!
I loved it. Emily Rodda is a truely talented wrtier and reading the story for the second time makes it even more exciting than the first time, especially when I read at night.
I liked this series more than I did the rest of her Deltora books. Her style of writing seemed to do better in these books than in the Quest and the Dragons series.
I rather disliked how the author incorporated the title. HOwever I do have to admit she did it quite well.
This is a continuation of the deltora series. Once started I could not stop.
Lilli C.
Scarey, but totally awesome. Finished series 2, march on to series three!!!!!
John Gentry
great characters, great story, overall a quick easy entertaining read.
Rachel (Sfogs)
A Good book, well written and very well thought out.
Boring cliche fantasy book, nothing special at all
Simple book for little children who start reading fantasy.
its was te best of the series i think
I like the plot in this one ^^
Apr 16, 2009 Michael rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Mabey the next one will be better.
I would actuially rate it 4.5
Angela Barakat
I read this with my son.
No Comment
  • Darksong (The Legendsong, #2)
  • Silver Thread (The Unicorn's Secret, #2)
  • The Elves and the Otterskin (World of the Alfar, #2)
  • Secrets Of the Scepter (Unicorns Of Balinor, #6)
  • The Book from Baden Dark
  • Astro Boy, Vol. 2 (Astro Boy, #2)
  • Buckskin Bandit (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #8)
  • How I Found the Perfect Dress (Morgan Rawlinson, #2)
  • Amy's Journal (Heartland Special Edition)
Emily Rodda (real name Jennifer Rowe) was born in Sydney, Australia and graduated from the University of Sydney in 1973 with an MA (Hons) in English Literature. Moving into a publishing career, first as a book editor, and finally as a publisher at Angus & Robertson, Rodda's first book was published in 1984.
More about Emily Rodda...

Deltora Shadowlands (3 books)
  • The Cavern of the Fear (Deltora Shadowlands, #1)
  • The Shadowlands (Deltora Shadowlands, #3)