Start by marking “Easy (Contours of the Heart, #1)” as Want to Read:
Easy (Contours of the Heart, #1)

Easy (Contours of the Heart #1)

4.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  171,865 Ratings  ·  10,590 Reviews
When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life ...more
Published May 25th 2012 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Easy, please sign up.

zubi (My Obsession) I love the meaning behind the story.
I loved it its a great book.
diffrent people like diffrent book
this book opened my eyes about how important self…more
I love the meaning behind the story.
I loved it its a great book.
diffrent people like diffrent book
this book opened my eyes about how important self defense is for ladies.
I would recommend it to my friends(less)
Leti I honestly think that although there are a few, but they are not explicit. Nothing compared to Fifty Shades, Bared to You and that sort of books. It's…moreI honestly think that although there are a few, but they are not explicit. Nothing compared to Fifty Shades, Bared to You and that sort of books. It's clearly a romance, young adult book. It does not focus on the sexual and are written for intimacy purposes.(less)
City of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareSilence by Becca FitzpatrickHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickHalo by Alexandra AdornettoFallen by Lauren Kate
Most Awesome Covers Ever
38th out of 412 books — 219 voters
Romeo and Juliet by William ShakespeareLolita by Vladimir NabokovThe Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel HawthorneBrokeback Mountain by Annie ProulxThe Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Illicit Love
56th out of 364 books — 300 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristin (KC)

I. Love. Goodreads!

If it were not for this amazing social, book-reading-way-better-than-facebook network, I would have never even heard of these incredible books that I've been reading! And "Easy" is a prime example...

I absolutely adored this book! It was sweet, funny, sensual-- with a touch of angst in all the right places. I loved the characters and was able to build a close connection with them immediately. The writing was AMAZING, and the story flowed like a catchy song.There was a cute and
Tammara
Jan 12, 2014 Tammara marked it as my-books  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I'm the author of this YA-M/New Adult novel. :)
Steph Sinclair

Okay, let's get right down to business: Easy is one of the best books I've ever read. I finished it almost two weeks ago and I still think about the characters because I was on such an emotional roller coaster, fully immersed, while reading. It says something about a book that can do that do you.

Easy surprised me right from the start with a very troubling scene of Jacqueline being attacked, making my heart jump into my stomach. And I'll admit to being worried about how Webber would handle such a
Lisa
Well this awkward. Not one single friend rated this book less than three stars and I couldn't manage to rate it more than one. I feel like I read a completely different book from everyone else. The only positive thing I can say about this novel is that it emphasizes the message that rape is never a woman's fault, which is an important message. But having a good message does not excuse awful characterization, unrealistic plot points, or poor writing.

Warning: Incredibly long review that attempts t
Blacky *Romance Addict*

Image <br />Hosted by ImageShack.us

Wonderful! Amazing <3
I'm sorry everyone, but this review will be full of gushing and little hearts and me being all crazy about a book I absolutely loved

Image <br />Hosted by ImageShack.us

So, there are like a million reviews for this one, and I don't really feel like writing an extensive one, because honestly, YOU SHOULDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS BOOK BEFORE YOU START IT!!!!

That's how it was for me, I went into this totally blind, I had absolutely no idea what the book was about, I think I read the blurb but it still gave me
Samadrita
Jan 09, 2014 Samadrita rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of weak female protagonists
Recommended to Samadrita by: GR
EDIT 21/05/2013:-
I am putting up this teeny little paragraph up here since lately I've been getting a few semi-irate to mildly disapproving comments expressing opposition to my thoughts regarding this book.

If you have been a victim of acquaintance rape or been sexually harassed/assaulted by someone you were familiar with and this book helped you heal in any way whatsoever or you could relate to Jackie's actions, then those are your personal feelings. And it is perfectly okay to have your own
Kristen
Huge 5 stars

I really loved this story but not for the reasons I expected. What I expected was an angst filled, all consuming, volatile romance between the hero and heroine. What the author gave me, however, was far from that and much better.

Overall this book is more about the heroine's journey to self-awareness than about her romance with the hero. Typically, I prefer romance centered plots to storylines involving the heroine's relationships with multiple characters. However, this book not only
Kat Kennedy
So somebody told me this book was like Beautiful Disaster but not completely horrible, woman hating and nonsensical. I snorted, thanked them for the rec and went on my merry way.

So let me express this in the most calm and reasonable way I can. Easy by Tamara Webber is fantastic and wonderful and that person was 100% right.

I have to admit, the book and I didn’t get off to a great start. It begins with Jacqueline at college, bummed from getting dumped by her longterm boyfriend, almost getting rape
Raeleen Lemay
Jun 23, 2015 Raeleen Lemay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, lgbtqia
*4.5*

This book has made me really want to take a self defence class. Dear lord.
♡Karlyn P♡

4.5! Wow, really enjoyed it. A kind of deja vu of 'Beautiful Disaster', but improved on all levels and without all the WTFery. Better writing, more likable H/h, smarter story line, a hero who uses his fighting skills for good, and a far more fitting ending, IMHO.

Lucas

Easy was such an emotionally deep story, realistic in nature, and had a wonderful steamy romance between a tortured hero who is obsessed/possessive over Jacqueline, and a heroine who must now come to terms with the choices she made.
Ariana
.. So easy to like, so easy to get lost into the story, so easy to get to the last page and wish for more...

4.5 stars.
Sometimes you don't really think if a book is good or not, it just works for you. You simply start reading it and the action feels so natural that you don't stop until you reach the last page. This is one of those stories.
It's hard to think of the reasons why i liked it so much, and I'm not even sure if it matters because usually what i like about a book is not what others migh
Abbi Glines
May 23, 2012 Abbi Glines rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
I loved Tammara's Between the Lines series. I've read all three books in the series more than once. So, when I found out she was writing a book with college aged characters, I was thrilled. Easy did not let me down. From the moment I began reading it I couldn't walk away from it. I cried, I laughed, I yelled and I cheered. It's an emotional journey that I wasn't expecting. I suggest you READ IT. This is one that will keep you up reading all night long.
S.C. Stephens
Nov 27, 2012 S.C. Stephens rated it it was amazing
I am so stinking in love with this book! It had everything I love—romance, heartache, friendship, a mysterious, compelling, sexy as hell leading man (I may be completely head over heels in love with Lucas now. No, I definitely am.) It also touched on a very serious subject in a realistic way that drew you into the minds and hearts of the characters. I could see myself reacting in the same way, having the exact same thoughts. It really spoke to me, and Tammara’s notes on the end…I’ll be honest, I ...more
♥Rachel♥
Jun 04, 2012 ♥Rachel♥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ♥Rachel♥ by: Read-along with Jenn
Shelves: favorites

After reading this story, I had to ask myself, why have I never read a Tammara Webber story before?!! This story was UNPUTDOWNABLE!

Jacqueline Wallace followed her boyfriend of three years, Kennedy, to college and then unexpectedly, he dumps her to sow his wild oats. Jacqueline is devastated and for two-weeks she can't bring herself to face him in the economics class they share. She finally realizes that no guy is worth failing a class and trashing her GPA. So Jacqueline goes to the teacher and
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Love is not the absence of logic but logic examined and recalculated - heated and curved to fit inside the contours of the heart

This might be my favorite book of Webber's to date. There's something about the stories she writes which makes me throw out my preset ideas of what I wouldn't like in a book. She rearranges my reservations and makes me want to know more about her flawed characters.
"When I registered for econ, I had no idea that I'd be in for this level of reality-show drama. It's
Kat Stark

This book was a very quick read for me and I was expecting some sappy love story. It's actually not quite as sappy as I thought it would be. I liked how it involved the main issue of rape. "Jackie" was almost raped at the beginning of the story, but Lucas saves her. Who wouldn't fall for a man who just beat the crap out of a rapist? It was a decent storyline that drew me in, but I felt like it was lacking something.

It felt very drawn out and I just couldn't feel the chemistry between the two ma
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish

Okay, this was such a great book. Sweet but not cheesy or immature... mature but not too adult... the perfect cross-over book. I'll definitely be looking for more by this very talented author!

I might write more of a review if I can think of some way to do this story justice. For now, this must suffice.

Karla
5 HUGE STARS!! When I picked up this book I was hoping to get an angst-filled young adult romance, with a swoon-worthy dreamy boy, that would propel me back to my youth…make me feel young… and give me that floating on a cloud feeling. I got all that and SO MUCH MORE!!

I’m not going to delve in the plot, because there is much to be said about the element of surprise and the impact it holds. So much is better just left unsaid. However, I will say that this is a book about choices, the nasty and t
Wendy Darling
Wow, what a huge surprise this was! Unexpected layers, a heroine who develops over the course of the book, and a seriously, seriously crush-worthy guy.

Aestas Book Blog
Le sigh.... I wanted to love this book. I really did. But the characters frustrated me to no end. I did however, love Lucas and Jacqueline - the parts of the book where they were actually interacting were by far the highlights of the story for me.

The hero and heroine just did not make what I'd call smart relationship decisions. I was really rooting for them and they WERE utterly adorable together, but they just didn't seem to be very functional for a vast majority of the book.

I felt like they ke
Katerina
Dec 04, 2015 Katerina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Katerina by: Maria Al
“Now don't laugh 'cause I just might be the soft curve in your hardline.”

Easy is a story of understanding,trusting and healing.Not your typical contemporary romance,it's not only about finding love but also about finding yourself,embracing your scars,showing humanity and playing with the cards life dealt you in the best way you can.
“As for being somewhere you're not supposed to be-Maybe you're here for a reason,or there is no reason.”

The truth is,most of the times the belief that there i
Mo
May 07, 2014 Mo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 sweet stars.

First off, I am not sure how I missed this gem of a book when it was first released nearly 2 years ago. A lot of my friends have already read it and I saw all the four and five star reviews. I think it came to my attention as the 2nd book was released yesterday….

He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much fai
Rose
Pre-read thoughts: I was in a lengthy debate with myself over the measure of whether I wanted to read it or not, but I've decided to just give it a go. I'll admit I'm critical because many NA titles have left me burned as a result and I can't say I've had many to speak fondly of considering some of the issues they have and how they've approached them. I'm going to approach this with an open mind and see if it surprises me, though.

Post-read thoughts: I'm just going to copy verbatim what I said in
Anja
Nov 10, 2015 Anja rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*5 PERFECT STARS*

So, I started reading this around 10PM... In the meantime it's 4AM in the morning and I just finished this book in one sitting, even though I'm sick and should get as much rest as possible... This book was truly impossible to put down!

“Love is not the absence of logic
but logic examined and recalculated
heated and curved to fit
inside the contours of the heart”

This easily became one of my favorite romance novels ever! Though the story wasn't anything particularly original or gro
Samantha Young
Wow. Just wow. I'm actually pretty blown away by 'Easy'. This wasn't your average 'boy meets girl' story at all. Unbelievably well-written, 'Easy' kicks ass for so many reasons. Dealing with subject matter that is raw and stark, Tammara Webber effortlessly balances gritty reality with touching sensitivity. The dialogue is perfect (it makes me go all fangirl) and every moment between Lucas and Jacqueline is so authentic I defy anyone not to feel some kind of attachment to these two characters. Th ...more
Tough Critic Book Reviews
Where the magic happens http://toughcriticbookreviews.blogspo...

Ever since I read Tammara Weber's Between the Lines series I have been obsessively counting down the days, the hours, the minutes, the teeny tiny nanoseconds until her next release. I was beyond intrigued with her writing style in Between the Lines and even though I was a little indifferent (the story just wasn't for me, but her writing was absolutely phenom--wait for it...enal) I wanted more, I craved more and reading between the l
Lindsey Rey
OMG THIS BOOK.
THIS BOOK.
WOW.
I loved this so much! I sobbed, I laughed out loud, I swooned. This book was everything. A word of warning, this book has depictions of sexual assault and stalking (hence, the sobbing). Tammara Webber did an amazing job with this and I highly recommend it if you want to try the new adult genre!
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Spoiler Free Review
5 STAR Read
Genre: Mature YA-Romance

" Ooh, J, he's got ink, too. Just when i didn't think he could get any hotter..." Erin in Easy

3 WORDS- "Future Professional Standing"...
1 Phrase- "As a heart attack"...
And a horny boyfriend change Jacqueline's life as she knows it

Jacqueline has just started her sophomore year in college when she finds her self being dumped by Kennedy her boyfriend of three years. Kennedy decides that this is the time of his life where he should take advantage
Ian
Sep 10, 2012 Ian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: b-favorites
This book totally blew me away. It deals with the very difficult issue of sexual assault, the lack of support victims receive, and the way victims are often made to feel at fault.
It's a book about the resilience of one young woman and a very small group of friends who support her.

I can't fault this book. It's well written and well researched with characters you like from the very beginning (and some characters you want to beat six ways to Sunday).
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Updated review 15th May 2014

I have a whole lot of love for this gorgeous New Adult book. It's my second reading of Easy; originally I gave 4 stars but I’ve no idea why? I've always looked back on the story and the characters with fondness, and ANYTHING I re-read and LOVE deserves the full 5 AMAZING STARS! So my rating has been upped!

It’s about family, friends, love, loss, moving on and hope.

My lovely feelings
I love the comedic banter between Jacqueline and her friends.

I love the development of
Who the heck is the guy on the cover? 35 1478 Mar 04, 2016 07:37AM
Kindle 28 497 Dec 23, 2015 12:26PM
New Adult Book Club: Discussion Questions 1 7 Aug 31, 2015 04:30PM
Should they make this book into a movie? 20 232 Jul 27, 2015 11:15PM
What is romance to you? 3 84 Jan 18, 2015 02:13PM
Reactions 15 213 Jan 12, 2015 05:53PM
Which one should I get? 2 96 Nov 08, 2014 03:43PM
  • The Edge of Never (The Edge of Never, #1)
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
  • While It Lasts (Sea Breeze, #3)
  • Vain (The Seven Deadly, #1)
  • Charade (Games, #1)
  • Slammed (Slammed, #1)
  • Ten Tiny Breaths (Ten Tiny Breaths, #1)
  • Cross My Heart (Cross My Heart, #1)
  • Effortless (Thoughtless, #2)
  • Back to You
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
  • Almost
  • Fall From Grace (Mad World, #1)
  • Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)
  • Flat-Out Matt (Flat-Out Love, #1.5)
  • Rule (Marked Men, #1)
  • Just Remember to Breathe (Thompson Sisters, #3)
  • Taking Chances (Taking Chances, #1)
Author of the CONTOURS OF THE HEART series and the BETWEEN THE LINES series.

I'm a hopeful romantic who adores novels with happy endings, because there are enough sad endings in real life. Before writing full-time, I was an undergraduate academic advisor, economics tutor, planetarium office manager, radiology call center rep, and the palest person to ever work at a tanning salon. I married my high
More about Tammara Webber...

Contours of the Heart (4 books)
  • Breakable (Contours of the Heart, #2)
  • Sweet (Contours of the Heart, #3)
  • Brave (Contours of the Heart, #4)

23 trivia questions
3 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“Love is not the absence of logic
but logic examined and recalculated
heated and curved to fit
inside the contours of the heart”
1762 likes
“Choosing to be with you, isn't a difficult decision, Jacqueline...It's easy. Incredibly easy.” 850 likes