Start by marking “This is a Cookbook: Recipes For Real Life” as Want to Read:
This is a Cookbook: Recipes For Real Life

This is a Cookbook: Recipes For Real Life

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  102 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Get into the kitchen. Use what’s in there. And don’t be worried about f’ing it up. James Beard Foundation 2012 Rising Star nominee Max Sussman and his partner in crime, Eli, are over perfection. They care about cooking good food that tastes like you made it. Teaming up with Olive Press, these Brooklyn brothers of Über-hip New York establishments Roberta’s and Mile End have ...more
Published September 10th 2012 by Olive Press (first published May 15th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about This is a Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This is a Cookbook

M
May 23, 2013 M rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
My one complaint. No table of contents at the beginning. Really. It lists the six sections of different food genres. And then turn to that page to see a list of those recipes. But no master list. I can't remember which category a dish belongs to. And makes it more difficult to browse recipes.
Alyssa
Jun 03, 2013 Alyssa rated it really liked it
Shelves: in-the-kitchen
"Lazy Brunch: roll out of bed & put on a Motown record. It's time for eggs & day drinking"

I'm 5 pages into this book and already I love it. These guys are quirky and interesting and real. Can't wait to finish the book & add some recipes to my box.

-------------------

Finished! I absolutely adored this book and have tagged a few recipes I plan on copying before I return to the library. The authors & creators of the recipes are the type of guys you want to be friends with. If they in
Sara
Jul 24, 2014 Sara rated it liked it
Cute, quirky, non-intimidating cookbook.
T Crockett
Feb 18, 2013 T Crockett rated it liked it
Shelves: food-related
I liked the casual, speaking to the reader tone, but it felt like it was talking to someone with a more urban (possibly in their twenties) lifestyle. That's not me.

Having said that there are about 6 recipes I want to try, including Nutella Rolls, cauliflower with a tahini sauce, and their page of unexpected popcorn toppings.
Lonnie Tapia
Dec 25, 2012 Lonnie Tapia rated it it was amazing
This is one of one cookbooks that kicks you in the butt. You want to cook everything — its not the aspirational cook book that just sits on your shelf.

Try the Korean ribs. They are to die for.

The categories and chapter names are fun and realistic: what to make when you get home late after a bar crawl? This book has you covered.
Debbie
Dec 30, 2013 Debbie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cookbooks-i-own
I really love this cookbook. It's full of all my comfort foods and I plan to cook my way through it quickly - from the fried rice to the chocolate peanut butter pie. Oh my!
Ivy Zheng
Aug 18, 2012 Ivy Zheng marked it as to-read
I loved cooking so this book is going to be great for me! I liked making new food and tasting food and COOKING!! YAY
Lynne
Aug 24, 2012 Lynne marked it as to-read
I won this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. Looking forward to reading it. Thank you.
Christoph Hellmuth
Oct 23, 2012 Christoph Hellmuth rated it liked it
Really neat recipes in here.
Some quiet simple but all tasting great
Janice
Nov 06, 2012 Janice rated it liked it
I wish there were more vegetarian dinner options.
shinfu
Aug 23, 2012 shinfu marked it as to-read
Looks interesting.
Ginger
Mar 08, 2013 Ginger rated it it was ok
ehh
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Lauren
Lauren added it
May 13, 2016
Shanaz
Shanaz marked it as to-read
May 10, 2016
Charlotte Fraser
Charlotte Fraser marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Lexi
Lexi rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2016
Aylin
Aylin marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2016
Christopher Kelly
Christopher Kelly rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2016
Alexandra
Alexandra marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2016
Tina Denson
Tina Denson marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Bryan
Bryan rated it it was amazing
Feb 15, 2016
Gayan
Gayan is currently reading it
Jan 23, 2016
CC
CC rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Nick
Nick rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Beth Carder
Beth Carder marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2015
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2015
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • The Complete Cook's Country TV Show Book: Every Recipe, Every Ingredient Testing, and Every Equipment Rating from the Hit TV Show
  • Salted: A Manifesto on the World's Most Essential Mineral, with Recipes
  • Secrets of the Best Chefs: Recipes, Techniques, and Tricks from America’s Greatest Cooks
  • The Food52 Cookbook, Volume 2: Seasonal Recipes from Our Kitchens to Yours
  • Home made
  • Milk Bar Life: Recipes & Stories
  • Baked Elements: The Importance of Being Baked in 10 Favorite Ingredients: The Importance of Being Baked in 10 Favorite Ingredients
  • True Food: Seasonal, Sustainable, Simple, Pure
  • The Epicurious Cookbook: More Than 250 of Our Best-Loved Four-Fork Recipes for Weeknights, Weekends & Special Occasions
  • The Lee Bros. Simple Fresh Southern: Knockout Dishes with Down-Home Flavor
  • Green Eggs and Ham Cookbook
  • The Pleasures of Cooking for One
  • Cooking with Master Chefs
  • Planet Barbecue!: 309 Recipes, 60 Countries
  • Girl in the Kitchen: How a Top Chef Cooks, Thinks, Shops, Eats & Drinks
  • The Four & Twenty Blackbirds Pie Book: Uncommon Recipes from the Celebrated Brooklyn Pie Shop
  • The Mozza Cookbook: Recipes from Los Angeles's Favorite Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria
  • Essential Pepin: More Than 700 All-Time Favorites from My Life in Food