This is a Cookbook: Recipes For Real Life

This is a Cookbook: Recipes For Real Life

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Get into the kitchen. Use what’s in there. And don’t be worried about f’ing it up. James Beard Foundation 2012 Rising Star nominee Max Sussman and his partner in crime, Eli, are over perfection. They care about cooking good food that tastes like you made it. Teaming up with Olive Press, these Brooklyn brothers of Über-hip New York establishments Roberta’s and Mile End have...more
Published September 10th 2012 by Olive Press (first published May 15th 2012)

M
May 23, 2013 M rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: cookbooks
My one complaint. No table of contents at the beginning. Really. It lists the six sections of different food genres. And then turn to that page to see a list of those recipes. But no master list. I can't remember which category a dish belongs to. And makes it more difficult to browse recipes.
Alyssa
"Lazy Brunch: roll out of bed & put on a Motown record. It's time for eggs & day drinking"

I'm 5 pages into this book and already I love it. These guys are quirky and interesting and real. Can't wait to finish the book & add some recipes to my box.

-------------------

Finished! I absolutely adored this book and have tagged a few recipes I plan on copying before I return to the library. The authors & creators of the recipes are the type of guys you want to be friends with. If they in...more
Sara
Cute, quirky, non-intimidating cookbook.
T Crockett
I liked the casual, speaking to the reader tone, but it felt like it was talking to someone with a more urban (possibly in their twenties) lifestyle. That's not me.

Having said that there are about 6 recipes I want to try, including Nutella Rolls, cauliflower with a tahini sauce, and their page of unexpected popcorn toppings.
Lonnie Tapia
This is one of one cookbooks that kicks you in the butt. You want to cook everything — its not the aspirational cook book that just sits on your shelf.

Try the Korean ribs. They are to die for.

The categories and chapter names are fun and realistic: what to make when you get home late after a bar crawl? This book has you covered.
Debbie
I really love this cookbook. It's full of all my comfort foods and I plan to cook my way through it quickly - from the fried rice to the chocolate peanut butter pie. Oh my!
Ivy Zheng
Aug 18, 2012 Ivy Zheng marked it as to-read
I loved cooking so this book is going to be great for me! I liked making new food and tasting food and COOKING!! YAY
Lynne
Aug 24, 2012 Lynne marked it as to-read
I won this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. Looking forward to reading it. Thank you.
Christoph Hellmuth
Really neat recipes in here.
Some quiet simple but all tasting great
Janice
I wish there were more vegetarian dinner options.
shinfu
Aug 23, 2012 shinfu marked it as to-read
Looks interesting.
Kyle
Kyle added it
Jul 17, 2014
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Jennifer Pence
Jennifer Pence marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2014
Haloise
Haloise marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
The Best Cookbook Ever Freshman in the Kitchen: From Clueless Cook to Creative Chef The Best Cookbook Ever: with recipes so deliciously awesome, your life will change forever This is a Cookbook: Recipes for Real Life Molecular Medical Microbiology, Three-Volume Set