Start by marking “A Perfect Time for Pandas (Magic Tree House, #48)” as Want to Read:
A Perfect Time for Pandas (Magic Tree House, #48)

A Perfect Time for Pandas (Magic Tree House #48)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  971 ratings  ·  64 reviews
Jack and Annie are ready for their next adventure in the New York Times bestselling middle-grade series—the Magic Tree House!

Time-traveling brother-and-sister team Jack and Annie have to find a certain kind of food—the fourth thing needed to save Merlin’s beloved penguin, Penny. The magic tree house whisks them off to a village in the mountains of southeast China, close to
Published July 24th 2012 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about A Perfect Time for Pandas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Perfect Time for Pandas

Shelli
A Perfect Time For Pandas was the fourth book in the latest adventure missions Jack and Annie have been sent on by Teddy and Kathleen, their magical friends from Camelot. Teddy accidentally turned Merlin the Magician's treasured pet penguin Penny into a statute. While he and Kathleen worked on reversing the spell, Jack and Annie were sent across different times and continents to find the ingredients needed for the reversal. In this book edition and Annie were sent to Southwest China on May 12th ...more
Aubree Bowling
My 6 & 8 year olds loved it. I have now read them 3 of these and I decidedly prefer the historical time travel ones. but the Magic Tree House series is strong and opens up their imaginations really well.
Mary Kate Garst
Nov 11, 2014 Mary Kate Garst marked it as childrensliterature  ·  review of another edition
Summary: Jack and Annie are sent in their Magic Tree House to China in 2008 to solve a riddle to help their friends in Merlin's Court at Camelot. While there, they encounter a Giant Panda Reserve to protect the species. They enjoy volunteering at the reserve for the day until tragedy strikes when the region is devastated by an earthquake. Several pandas go missing and it is up to Jack and Annie to save them. Upon finding the pandas a short distance away from their home they coax them back to saf ...more
Wayne S.
Time-traveling brother-and-sister team Jack and Annie of Frog Creek, PA, are ready for their next adventure. They have to find a certain kind of food—the fourth and final thing needed to save Merlin’s beloved penguin, Penny, who was accidentally turned to stone by their apprentice magician friend Teddy. It is “A healthy food, grainy and good, baked with love, tough as wood, round in shape, the color of sand, given to those who have lost their land.” Sounds easy enough.

The magic tree house whisk
Alysa Dail
(Early Chapter Book)

Jack and Annie have embarked on another epic adventure in the Merlin Mission series of the famous Magic Tree House series! This time, the siblings were taken to a mountainous village in China in search of the fourth item needed to break the curse and save Merlin's penguin, Penny. Jack and Annie soon discover a famous panda reserve and quickly begin to fall in love with the playful pandas. All is well until an unexpected earthquake shakes the siblings world and chaos insues as
Malakai Kong
A Perfect Time for Pandas by Mary Pope Osborne is about a boy and girl named Jack and Annie. In the story, they save pandas from an earthquake.
My favorite part is the crazy earthquake because it's dangerous and exciting! Boulders were rolling down the hill! Then, there were after-shocks.
The pandas were in danger! Jack and Annie learned to be brave even though they were scared. At the end of the book, there is a terrifying surprise. You'll have to read the book to find out what it is!
Rowlak5
The common pattern of the books in The Magic Tree House Series makes for engaging adventures everytime. Kids will love the appeal of the adorable pandas and really sympathize with the earthquake tragedy. Another great book in the series!
Anne Holly
Read this aloud to my 6yo, who was interested, but not as excited as he has been with other novels we've read. This book lacks the sparkle that I like to see in good children's lit, but pandas are always popular, and I appreciate reading stories set in new places. Seemed a bit light on "history" for a book about time travel, but I believe other installments in the series have more? Nevertheless, a decent addition to the family shelves, especially for when my 6yo starts reading novels for himself ...more
midnightfaerie
My 6 yr old is becoming a voracious reader and his teacher recommended this series so I picked up a few from the library. My son loves it. Magic and fun and adventure rolled into a chapter book that's easy to read, yet challenging enough that he's not bored. Many of these are educational as well, focusing on a particular point in history such as a president's reign, or a location, like Ireland in this one, which goes really well with his geography and history lessons. He's loving it, and already ...more
Polly Watson
Any book about pandas gets a high five, in my opinion. Jack and Annie do it again in Mary Pope Osborne's MAGIC TREE HOUSE #48: A PERFECT TIME FOR PANDAS. Annie is me in this book as she squeals over the pandas. I'm so jealous that she not only gets to pet a panda, but she gets to hold one!!! I know it's fiction, but still!

Several years ago, it might even have been 2008, my friend Teresa and I went to Washington, DC. She to see some friends of hers and me to see the pandas at the National Zoo. I
Christopher
I was really hoping from the title that Jack and Annie would be going to pulpy 1930s China to see Ruth Harkness of The Lady and the Panda: The True Adventures of the First American Explorer to Bring Back China's Most Exotic Animal fame. Unfortunately, Mary Pope Osborne instead chose the 2008 Great Sichuan Earthquake as the time for our intrepid duo's return to China.

Anne again amazes with her gift of blarney, managing to bluff her way past any security. She also has a bad case of having the writ
Dolly
Oct 08, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the 48th book in the Magic Tree House series and the last of four books in this Merlin Missions mini-series where Jack and Annie go on four quests to get items to help save Penny the penguin. If you aren't already a fan, I recommend that you start the series at the beginning, or at least at book #29 when the "Merlin Missions" begin.

We have read all of the stories in this series and we really like them. We started the series so long ago that our youngest doesn't remember all of the tales
Ms. B
Apr 03, 2015 Ms. B rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ms. B by: Jack B.
Randy Tramp
Fun book full of adventure. Pandas with their love looking eyes bring out the best in all of us. An earthquake hit Southwest China in 2008. It devastated the Wolong Giant Panda Reserve Center. Jack and Anne go on another adventure to China in their time traveling tree house. They learn how to love not only humans but animals as well. Great book.
Seth
Jack had a dream. The dream was about Teddy and Kathlenn. They went to south west china. They needed to find "a healthy food grainy and good,baked with love tough as wood, round in shape the color of sand, given to those who have lost their land. The food was panda bread.
Luvbooks
They need to find the last thing to break the spell that Teddy acsadentely put on her.

When Jack and Annie went to China in their time, they went to the panda center to help out.
When they meet a panda named Bing-bing, they fall in love with him. But when an earthquake comes Bing-bing, and three other pandas go missing!

But then Jack and Annie go back to the panda center to help look for the lost pandas.
Will Jack and Annie find the last item to break the spell to get Penny the penguin back to lif
Brianna
Jack and Annie are off to find the last item they need to save Merlin's penguin, Penny. After an earthquake they have to choose between going back to the town of Wolong and finding what they need, or returning to the Panda center and helping them save the Pandas in the hope of still making it back in time to find what they need. I used to love these books so much when I was a little girl, I really enjoyed reading this book and remembering why I always loved them. The Magic Tree House books are a ...more
Brian Merritt
Liked it. I'm not enjoying the new Magic Tree House books like I did the old ones from when i was a kid. But I still keep up with them. I read this one in Barnes&Noble while my friends were seeing the movie A Fault in Our Stars.
Dynamite101
I think the book is great! It has a lot of cute pandas picture and cute penny! It also tells me about the pandas like panda bread and endangered species. Like the pandas.
Nathaniel
It was amazing. After they were done with the pandas, they started to go back down the mountain, there was an earthquake so they went down the mountain to help.
Gitty Mandel
I love the book because it's about animals. They help pandas and they go to Camelot then there's a penguin that turns to rock and they saved it.
Dean Tucker
A good entry in the series, continuing on the environmental theme that many of had. Not my favorite, but better than others.
Rachael
She gets some things wrong. See, I've been to Wolong Nature Reserve and I've touched a panda. They are not soft, not at all.
Tonya
Ella says, "I liked it when they were laughing because they were talking about squash and they almost fell out their chairs."
Erin Gunderson
A great educational series for elementary schoolers. This is wonderful for teaching culture history, and vocabulary.
Pandagirl0110
loved it even though too young loved it. loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee PANDAS so why wouldnt i like this book
Kim
Read to help Alaina with her book report. Lots of great conservation information, and fun narrative!
Nancy
Read aloud to my third graders... thought it would be fun since our mascot is the Panda.
Mandy
Adelyn liked the names of the pandas. I didn't care for the audio.
Pam
See review on blog: pageandstorey.blogspot.com
  • Twisters and Other Terrible Storms (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #8)
  • Belle the Birthday Fairy
  • Flat Stanley's Worldwide Adventures #9: The US Capital Commotion
  • Junie B., First Grader: Turkeys We Have Loved and Eaten (and Other Thankful Stuff) (Junie B. Jones, #28)
  • The Haunted Clock Tower Mystery (The Boxcar Children Mysteries #84)
  • Mrs. Harkness and the Panda
  • Locked in the Library! (Arthur Chapter Book, #6)
  • The Falcon's Feathers (A to Z Mysteries, #6)
  • Midnight in Lonesome Hollow: A Kit Mystery (American Girl Mysteries)
  • Fancy Nancy: Nancy Clancy, Secret Admirer
  • Mr. Burke Is Berserk! (My Weirder School, #4)
  • The Rat Brain Fiasco (Splurch Academy for Disruptive Boys, #1)
  • Classroom Chaos (Magic Kitten, #2)
More about Mary Pope Osborne...

Magic Tree House (1 - 10 of 53 books)
  • Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, #1)
  • The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, #2)
  • Mummies in the Morning (Magic Tree House, #3)
  • Pirates Past Noon (Magic Tree House, #4)
  • Night of the Ninjas (Magic Tree House, #5)
  • Afternoon on the Amazon (Magic Tree House, #6)
  • Sunset of the Sabertooth (Magic Tree House, #7)
  • Midnight On The Moon (Magic Tree House, #8)
  • Dolphins at Daybreak (Magic Tree House, #9)
  • Ghost Town at Sundown (Magic Tree House, #10)
Dinosaurs Before Dark (Magic Tree House, #1) The Knight at Dawn (Magic Tree House, #2) Mummies in the Morning (Magic Tree House, #3) Pirates Past Noon (Magic Tree House, #4) Night of the Ninjas (Magic Tree House, #5)

“Annie kissed each of the little” 0 likes