Una navidad inolvidable (Wallflowers, #5)

Una navidad inolvidable (Wallflowers #5)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  9,270 ratings  ·  691 reviews
Faltan pocos dias para Navidad, y Rafe Bowman acaba de llegar de America para concertar su compromiso matrimonial con Natalie, la hermosa y educada hija de lord y lady Blandford. No hay duda de que el atractivo fisico de Rafe causara un gran impacto en la dama en cuestion, pero sus extravagantes modales americanos y su mala reputacion no son puntos a su favor. Pese a que e...more
Published January 17th 2012 by Ediciones B (first published October 14th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Una navidad inolvidable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Una navidad inolvidable

Auntee
Sep 13, 2010 Auntee rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the series
What more can be said about this sweet, passionate book that hasn't already been said? With over 150 reviews here at GR and over 1,000 ratings (Am I the last person on Earth to read this book?), I'm sure just about every view has been expressed already. But I might as well throw my two cents in too, maybe I'll come up with something everyone else missed (highly doubtful).:)

First of all, this is one of my favorite series ever. I don't read a whole lot of historicals, but I have been a fan of LK f...more
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
Ah, how does Lisa Kleypas do it? I think I have Lisa Kleypas romance receptors in my brain. She always knows how to hit my satiety centers. I had heard complaints that this was too short. It was perfect for me. I loved how we got updates and interludes with the Wallflowers, we were able to see the incredible, enduring friendships between Annabelle, Lillian, Evie, and Daisy. It was also great seeing the Wallflowers interact with their husbands, and to see how deleriously happy each of them were i...more
Tammy
Oct 16, 2008 Tammy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: East, Isis, anyone who enjoys the Wallflowers
Quote ...

"Standing from the bath, Evie dried herself and donned a velvet robe that buttoned along the front. She heard the door open again. "Back to w-warm the bed?" she asked.
But the voice that answered wasn't the maid's.
"As a matter of fact ... yes."
Evie stilled at the sound of the deep, silky murmur.
"I passed the maid on the stairs and told her she wouldn't be needed tonight," he continued. "'If there's one thing I do well,' I told her, 'it's warming my wife's bed.'"

*sigh* St. Vincent onl...more
UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...

Rafe Bowman has come all the way from America to England to spend Christmas at Stony Cross Park and to meet his future bride, Lady Natalie Blanford. The marriage was arranged by their parents, but Rafe isn’t quite convinced that this method of finding one’s wife is the best of ideas. There’s also the rub that his father has threatened to disinherit Rafe if he doesn’t agree to the match. But still, Rafe wants to meet her, get to know her and then decide if the marriage is to his advantage.

Lady Na...more
Shawna
5 stars – Historical Romance

This is a sweet, charming, and romantic conclusion to the wonderful, enchanting Wallflowers series. I just didn't want this series to ever end. I really hope Lisa Kleypas revisits these beloved characters again someday.
Eastofoz
Oct 30, 2008 Eastofoz rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Kleypas' Wallflower series
I think this is one of the fastest books I've ever read! You’re turning the pages so quickly that suddenly it’s the end and you wish it would have continued after the epilogue –which was very sweet.

It was a good story overall, nice to see the Wallflowers again, but I'd have liked to have seen more of them. Each Wallflower has about two pages or so just for her and her hubby and you get that warm nostalgic feel for the previous books in the series. Personally I loved St Vincent and Evie and Lill...more
Leah
Isis FG
It's kinda funny, as much as I enjoyed the original Wallflowers series, I probably would have waited a while to buy this book. But with everyone talking about it, anxiously waiting for its release, I got caught up. So I had to go buy it the day it got out ;) I enjoyed the book quite a bit, though, so it was worth the hardcover price.

This book introduces a relative of two of the original Wallflowers, Rafe Bowman - who is one of Lillian and Daisy's brothers. He's been at odds with his father all h...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
Fans of Lisa Kleypas' 'Wallflower' series will surely jump for joy when they pick up "A Wallflower Christmas". Even though the Wallflowers are secondary characters, they're still enough of a presence to provide quick vignettes on their current lives and loves. This is a fairly short book at only 213 pages, but still has plenty of steam.

Lillian's brother Rafe is recently arrived from America and, of course, his father has selected his bride. Rafe doesn't really care, he'll marry the woman his fat...more
Duchess Nicole
For a short(er) story, this felt complete. Not only do we get to know the eldest Bowman brother, but we get a lot of insight into the rest of the wallflowers and their husbands. Not just tiny snippets, either. They each get a significant shout out, and because I've come to know them all so well, this was just wonderful. I kept getting lumps in my throat. Sooo glad Ms. Kleypas decided to dig a little deeper with them!

Aside from that, Rafe and Hannah's story also felt like a full novel though it w...more
Ronyell
Finally! I have managed to read the final book in Lisa Kleypas' popular “Wallflower” series, “A Wallflower Christmas!” The Wallflowers (Evie, Daisy, Lillian and Annabelle) are back and this time they are on a mission to set up Lillian and Daisy's older brother, Rafe Bowman with the attractive and rich Natalie Blandford. Will they succeed? Read this extremely memorable and exciting conclusion to the “Wallflower” series to find out!

Rafe Bowman, oldest son of Thomas and Mercedes Bowman and older br...more
Lady Heather
Mar 30, 2013 Lady Heather rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historical romance, luvvas of Lisa Kleypas, Wallflowers fans
First read April 1-3, 2010

Second read March 26-27, 2013

I have 'upped' my rating of this book from a 4 star to a 5 star rating. I enjoyed reading this story way more than I initially did the first time.

Once again Thomas Bowman is making incredulous demands on his children, this time they are on his oldest child Raphael (Rafe).
Rafe is to marry a certain Lady Blandford, and finally settle down from his 'rakish' ways. He must also do this in order for him to get his father's approval, his portion of...more
Karla

5 Delightful Stars! Loooooved it!

Wonderful way to end this series! We get a little bit of sexy time with all the Wallflowers that came before, and some sizzling chemistry between Rafe and Hannah! Loved the witty banter, especially the stuff that comes out of Lillian's mouth (my fave Wallflower), the scheming and seeing the scrumptious Wallflower hubbys!! RAWRRRRRR!! Merry Christmas to me!!
Juliana
This was such a great story, though know beforehand that this is a novella. I say that, because there could have been much more development of the characters and the story and everything happened a little too quickly and easily. It's 200 pages though, so what does one expect? Had this story been expanded into a full-length novel, I have a feeling it would have been a 4.5/5 star book (though one never knows of course - I had thought there was absolutely no possible way that I wouldn't absolutely...more
Celeste
Oct 20, 2008 Celeste rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Celeste by: Fans of the Wallflower series
I really enjoyed A Wallflower Christmas by Lisa Kleypas! Being able to hear about and see how all the characters that I have grown to love was really nice. The new storyline between Rafe (Lillian and Daisy's brother) and Hannah was great as well. I love that they made her an honorary wallflower.

The only thing I would have liked to have seen was a bit more character development for both Rafe and Hannah, as well as more interaction between the wallflowers and Hannah. But for light, enjoyable Chris...more
NiteReader
A lovely ending to the wonderful Wallflowers series.
Gokce ~Muslin Myst~
Bekah
This short story about Lillian and Daisy Bowman’s brother Rafe is a romantic and touching look back in on the wallflower’s world. We get to see all of our favorite characters and meet a few more in the process. Rafe has come to England to marry a woman his father has chosen for him as well as inherit a portion of the company that he has had his eye on. However, once Rafe meets Ms. Hannah Appleton, plans change.
I had a very hard time liking Rafe. He was pushy and insulting and intentionally provo...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Oh Rafe! I wish there was more of you because I could read about you forever! I loved this book and although I do wish there was more of the Wallflowers series, I didn’t think this book was too short. I thought its length was perfect. And of course, LK is capable of making us fall in love each time you open one of her books. This book is no exception.

You may have guessed my obsession adoration with Rafe Bowman. I always love the rakes because their love is transformative. I felt so bad when Lil...more
Quinn

What a lovely way to end my first Lisa Kleypas series. I’m so glad I finally decided to try this author – definitely a case of better late than never. And while it’s a little bittersweet saying goodbye to the wonderful Wallflowers, what a great feeling to know that I have so many more of this author’s series and books to look forward to.

I don’t know whether my expectations were unrealistic (having not read many seasonal holiday reads), but I expected to spend a lot more time with the Wallflowers...more
Julianna
Jan 17, 2011 Julianna rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Wallflowers, Christmas-Themed Romance
Reviewed for THC Reviews
"4.5 stars" Much like a couple of the other books in the Wallflower series, I thought that A Wallflower Christmas started a little weak, but by the end, I was completely hooked. What primarily made me skeptical at the beginning was the love/hate relationship and love at first sight themes, neither of which I'm really a fan. I guess I just don't get the love/hate scenario, how a person can one minute strongly dislike someone, often for no particularly good reason, and the...more
Crista
Reread on 11/26/12. My vote for Best Christmas Romance!

A Wallflower Christmas was the PERFECT way to begin this holiday season. It put me in the Christmas spirit and really was "the icing on top of the cake" of the wallflower series! I have loved this series. Annabelle, Lillian, Evie, and Daisy all are special in their own ways, and now we add Hannah to the mix.....oh how I love Lisa Kleypas.

Rafe is Lillian and Daisy's older brother. He is somewhat estranged from their father and has become in...more
Anna D.
What a fantastic read! One of the sweetest romances I’ve read. My only complaint is that it was too short!

Why I LOVED this book:
1) Great heroine. She’s smart, honest, endearing, doesn’t play games, and she loves the hero for all the right reasons.
2) Reformed rake hero. The best kind! The letter he wrote was enough to make anyone swoon! Also, the image of him in the shadows watching Hannah read A Christmas Carol was so sweet.
3) The Wallflowers. I loved that none of them changed even after they ar...more
Katie(babs)
A Wallflower Christmas is much shorter that her usual historicals, at a little over 200 pages. But the length did not take away from a wonderful romance that also includes some of Lisa’s most beloved characters, The Wallflowers, which include Annabelle, Lillian, Evie and Daisy. It was so enjoyable to be able to see how they are doing as married women and very much fulfilled and in love with their husbands.

A Wallflower Christmas takes about three months after Daisy and Matthew were married. Daisy...more
Wicked Incognito Now
This is more of a novella than a full-length novel. A bit short for the price.

I love Lisa Kleypas. Her stories are always well-written and heart-warming, but some of them have more emotional impact than others.

This story was like comfort food romance. Everything as one would expect it to be. Nothing surprising. I knew exactly what was going to happen before it happened, right down to the sub-stories. So.....not bad, but not memorable at all.
Carolyn F.
It's so nice to see the old Wallflowers, even though they are only little glimpses. This is mostly about Rafe, Lillian and Daisy's brother, and Hannah. Hannah is the companion of Natalie who Rafe is supposed to marry. However, Rafe just can't keep away from Hannah and you know what that means. Great book/series.
Camaro
4.5 Enchanting Christmas Stars!

This was just a short novella to wrap up the Wallflower series, but I ended up absolutely loving it. The signature humour that's always present in Lisa Kleypas books is here too, along with the heartwarming feelings of devotion and friendship the wallflowers evoke. Honestly, this posse of cool 19th century chicks is absolutely alluring and I can honestly say I'll miss Anabelle, Evie, Lillian and Daisy.

The central story actually involves Lillian's brother, Rafe as...more
Contessina
Olay , 1845 İngilteresinde, yılbaşında geçmekte ;

Her şey Lillian Bowman Westcliff'in ağabeyi Rafe 'yi evlendirmeye yönelik histerik telâşıya başlar . Lillian'ın en büyük endişesi de şudur ki ağabeyi tam bir çapkındır ve daha da kötüsü bir ''Bowman''dır .

Rafe 'nin bir Bowman ve bir serseri olması Lord Brandford'ın gözünü korkutmamıştır ki kızı Natalie 'yi Rafe ile evlendirmeye niyetlenmiş , başka bir tâbirle niyeti bozmuştur . Sebebi ise para ,para , para , güç ve sonra yine para ...Ha bir de...more
Megan
It was nice to see the Wallflowers again.

I would love for Rafe to compromise me in the library. Did I really just type that? Oh well!

I'm gonna type Rafe's half-burnt letter he wrote for Hannah, which pretty much sums up the book in my eyes. SPOILER!!!!!

"---Should warn you that this letter will not be eloquent. However, it will be sincere, especially in light of the fact that you will never read it. I have felt these words like a weight in my chest, until I find myself amazed that a heart can go...more
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
**4.5 Enchanting Stars**

This is the final book in Lisa Kleypas’ Wallflowers series. Engaging, witty, romantic and passionate, it was the perfect start to my Christmas reading.

Rafe is such an irresistable combination…handsome, sexy, funny and irreverent…an adorable rogue. It is easy to see why he falls hard for Hannah. She is very different from the women he has known…intelligent, honest and kind, but not afraid to speak her mind. At first, Hannah dislikes the brash American but gradually she see...more
  • On the Way to the Wedding (Bridgertons, #8)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2)
  • Guilty Pleasures (Guilty, #1)
  • To Desire a Devil (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #4)
  • London's Perfect Scoundrel (Lessons in Love, #2)
  • A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
More about Lisa Kleypas...
Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3) It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1)

“The letter had been crumpled up and tossed onto the grate. It had burned all around the edges, so the names at the top and bottom had gone up in smoke. But there was enough of the bold black scrawl to reveal that it had indeed been a love letter. And as Hannah read the singed and half-destroyed parchment, she was forced to turn away to hide the trembling of her hand.

—should warn you that this letter will not be eloquent. However, it will be sincere, especially in light of the fact that you will never read it. I have felt these words like a weight in my chest, until I find myself amazed that a heart can go on beating under such a burden.

I love you. I love you desperately, violently, tenderly, completely. I want you in ways that I know you would find shocking. My love, you don't belong with a man like me. In the past I've done things you wouldn't approve of, and I've done them ten times over. I have led a life of immoderate sin. As it turns out, I'm just as immoderate in love. Worse, in fact.

I want to kiss every soft place of you, make you blush and faint, pleasure you until you weep, and dry every tear with my lips. If you only knew how I crave the taste of you. I want to take you in my hands and mouth and feast on you. I want to drink wine and honey from you.

I want you under me. On your back.

I'm sorry. You deserve more respect than that. But I can't stop thinking of it. Your arms and legs around me. Your mouth, open for my kisses. I need too much of you. A lifetime of nights spent between your thighs wouldn't be enough.

I want to talk with you forever. I remember every word you've ever said to me.

If only I could visit you as a foreigner goes into a new country, learn the language of you, wander past all borders into every private and secret place, I would stay forever. I would become a citizen of you.

You would say it's too soon to feel this way. You would ask how I could be so certain. But some things can't be measured by time. Ask me an hour from now. Ask me a month from now. A year, ten years, a lifetime. The way I love you will outlast every calendar, clock, and every toll of every bell that will ever be cast. If only you—

And there it stopped.”