Start by marking “Cats on Catnip” as Want to Read:
Cats on Catnip

Cats on Catnip

A humorous collection of dozens of photos of funny and adorable cats as they play with, roll in, and chow down their favorite snack of choice -- catnip.

Cats love catnip. Whether it's eating it, playing with it, or rolling around in it, catnip turns our domestic feline friends into hilarious balls of activity. Carefree and unconstrained, they are free to be silly, exceptio
Published June 19th 2018 by Running Press Adult

To ask other readers questions about Cats on Catnip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cats on Catnip

Start your review of Cats on Catnip
karen
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kittehs, for-laughter

this book is by the photographer who took all those excellent cat pictures in Shop Cats of New York.

there’s very little text, just a 7-paragraph introduction, but it is surprisingly full of interesting (to me) information.

interesting fact #1: he has a degree in neuroscience AND he takes pictures of cats.

interesting fact #2: In my experience meeting hundreds of cats and kittens through my camera lens, only about four in five adult cats react to catnip, and most are immune to its effects until t
Sheri
Jul 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: cats, 2018
Andrew Marttila has managed to capture some very unique facial expressions in these elated cats. You see all stages of cats on catnip – from the initial excitement to the enjoyment of the experience to the bliss of the afterglow. A fun book that lifts your spirits and puts a smile on your face!
Deborah
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cats
Photographs of cats on catnip bliss. Not addictive. Pile it on for your furry friends to roll and lap up.
Audrey
This is book with LOTS of photos of cats experiencing catnip. It’s adorable and hilarious. The photos are top quality, with most cats appearing in a series of photos. The cats’ names and ages are also listed; there are cats age 2 months to 15 years featured. (I think elderly Tim is my favorite.) Most come from the author’s cat shelter, according to the introduction.

The author also advises cat owners to be generous with catnip — most of us aren’t. “Catnip is non-addictive and harmless and provide
Leah
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Do you love cats?

Do your cats love catnip?

If so, then you should get this book!

If not, then you should get this book!!

So many super adorable pictures. I think my favorite may be Shrampton. He/she/they look so angry. But it's like the cat just can't stop consuming the catnip. It's adorable!
Mayda
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cats
Clearly, photographer Andrew Marttila has a gift that he has honed to perfection. The pictures of these cats in their catnip-induced heaven are beyond adorable. The expressions that he has captured in the faces of these felines is unbelievable. These are definitely happy cats! Don’t miss the short introduction to the book. In it, the author explains about the reaction cats have to catnip as well as talking a bit about rescue cats.
Anna
Jul 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone, clearly
Shelves: cats, favorites
LITERALLY THE BEST BOOK EVER.

It was so cute!!!!!! I could "read" this book over and over and over again!!!
Melissa
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pay attention to the Bowie cat, he's my favorite one!!
Melissa
Jun 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: animals-cats
Lots of adorable cats but lacking a bit on humor. There were a few cats who had really funny faces but the others were mainly just cats lying around and a lot with their tounges hanging out.
Jeimy
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I follow the photographer on Instagram (@iamthecatphotographer) and had been looking forwarded to this book’s release for a while now. I was not disappointed.
Christi
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
My cats LOVED it!
Aisha
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!
Holly Hughes
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finally found the book that was made for my coffee table! This is a beautiful collection of photos of some pretty cute and funny cats having a great time. This book is a must-have for any cat lover!
Katie
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was made for me! I love cats and I do enjoy seeing pictures of cats derping out on catnip. The author/photographer should definitely do a sequel but with adoptable cats and kittens. Definitely a 5 out of 5 from me!
Kristina Burke
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-books-read
Adorable cats doped up on catnip, what more is there to say. Seriously get this book, it will be impossible not to smile while flipping through the pages.
Sharon Barrett
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nip Heads

Adorable felines and catnip, along with visually stunning photos...what's not to love? I've flipped through several times and will do so again and again.
Jodi Geever
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Have you ever thought: "I wish the internet of cats was a book?" Well, wish no longer. This book is a delightful, full-color collection of photographic evidence of cats of all ages high AF on nip. The collection is adorable, and will likely brighten even your grumpiest days.
Ameera Al-Ramadhan
This is the best photography book I’ve ever read.
Elizabeth
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: animals, cats, nonfiction
This book is all kinds of adorable. Cats of all ages feasting on catnip—and licking it, and rolling in it, and generally living it up. If you love photos of really happy animals enjoying the heck out of life, then this book is for you. An introduction with some information about catnip and its effects is a nice bonus.
Diana Graham
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, my HOPE was they found a bunch of cats who knew how to write a book and shared their feelings on Catnip. Alas, this was NOT the case, and I was almost disappointed. But then- I opened it up and saw SO. MANY. CATS...and I was taken back to my happy place once again. Just cats. And catnip. This book was great!!
Penny lurkykitty
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: photography, cats
I love this book. What a great idea to photograph cats all nipped out of their minds. It was a pleasant surprise to see Oskar and Klaus in this book. A very enjoyable book for cat lovers.
Kels
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These cats high AF

I bought this purely to keep my cat-loving toddler entertained. Best impulse-buy ever. I’m pretty sure it entertained me more.
Pug
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you don't talk to your cat about catnip, who will?
Alissa
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So THIS BOOK was awesome! It was being passed around my library's circulation department and, because the Circ Head knows I'm a Cat Person (she is too), it arrived into my delighted hands a few days ago. And I enjoyed it as much as the featured cats enjoyed their dose of catnip!

I have owned cats for going on 20 years. And all of them, save one (a snobbish Seal Point named Luna), have completely and utterly loved catnip.

Babycakes (2000-2015 RIP), a green-eyed Ginger (very Irish) stray who adopte
Nicole Richwine
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, humor
Alysha DeShaé
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The pictures are amazing in "Cats on Catnip" and I love the book!! I picked up "Shop Cats of New York" because I know the same photographer did the pictures for that book, too, but I haven't read it, yet.
Anais919
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is so good!! It's interesting how many cats roll around in the catnip! One of my kitties does this...the other just looks dopy! If you have cats this is a hoot...if not, this could be reason to get one!!
Gabby
Shelves: nonfiction
JOY AND JOYNESS.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Tiny But Mighty: Kitten Lady's Guide to Saving the Most Vulnerable Felines
  • I Could Pee on This  Too: And More Poems by More Cats (Poetry Book for Cat Lovers, Cat Humor Books, Funny Gift Book)
  • Kitten Lady's Big Book of Little Kittens
  • Why My Cat Is More Impressive Than Your Baby
  • I Hate My Cats (A Love Story)
  • I Knead My Mommy: And Other Poems by Kittens (Funny Book About Cats, Cat Poems, Animal Book)
  • Shop Cats of New York
  • A Gift of Magic
  • Paddington's Cookery Book
  • United States of Pie: Regional Favorites from East to West and North to South
  • Clueless: A Totally Classic Picture Book
  • Douglas SBD Dauntless (Mushroom Model Publications, Yellow Series, #6122)
  • The Meaning Of Life
  • 100 Cookies: The Baking Book for Every Kitchen, with Classic Cookies, Novel Treats, Brownies, Bars, and More

News & Interviews