Start by marking “Cats on Catnip” as Want to Read:
Cats on Catnip

Cats on Catnip

A humorous collection of dozens of photos of funny and adorable cats as they play with, roll in, and chow down their favorite snack of choice -- catnip.

Cats love catnip. Whether it's eating it, playing with it, or rolling around in it, catnip turns our domestic feline friends into hilarious balls of activity. Carefree and unconstrained, they are free to be silly, exceptio
Published June 19th 2018 by Running Press Adult

To ask other readers questions about Cats on Catnip, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cats on Catnip

Start your review of Cats on Catnip
karen
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kittehs, for-laughter

this book is by the photographer who took all those excellent cat pictures in Shop Cats of New York.

there’s very little text, just a 7-paragraph introduction, but it is surprisingly full of interesting (to me) information.

interesting fact #1: he has a degree in neuroscience AND he takes pictures of cats.

interesting fact #2: In my experience meeting hundreds of cats and kittens through my camera lens, only about four in five adult cats react to catnip, and most are immune to its effects until they’re about
Sheri
Jul 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, cats
Andrew Marttila has managed to capture some very unique facial expressions in these elated cats. You see all stages of cats on catnip – from the initial excitement to the enjoyment of the experience to the bliss of the afterglow. A fun book that lifts your spirits and puts a smile on your face!
Audrey
This is book with LOTS of photos of cats experiencing catnip. It’s adorable and hilarious. The photos are top quality, with most cats appearing in a series of photos. The cats’ names and ages are also listed; there are cats age 2 months to 15 years featured. (I think elderly Tim is my favorite.) Most come from the author’s cat shelter, according to the introduction.

The author also advises cat owners to be generous with catnip — most of us aren’t. “Catnip is non-addictive and harmless and provides a temporary re
Deborah
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cats
Photographs of cats on catnip bliss. Not addictive. Pile it on for your furry friends to roll and lap up.
Leah
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Do you love cats?

Do your cats love catnip?

If so, then you should get this book!

If not, then you should get this book!!

So many super adorable pictures. I think my favorite may be Shrampton. He/she/they look so angry. But it's like the cat just can't stop consuming the catnip. It's adorable!
Anna ~"People will think what they want to. Never take too much notice of it.”-Halt O'Carrick~
LITERALLY THE BEST BOOK EVER.

It was so cute!!!!!! I could "read" this book over and over and over again!!!
Melissa
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pay attention to the Bowie cat, he's my favorite one!!
Mayda
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cats
Clearly, photographer Andrew Marttila has a gift that he has honed to perfection. The pictures of these cats in their catnip-induced heaven are beyond adorable. The expressions that he has captured in the faces of these felines is unbelievable. These are definitely happy cats! Don’t miss the short introduction to the book. In it, the author explains about the reaction cats have to catnip as well as talking a bit about rescue cats.
Melissa
Jun 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: animals
Lots of adorable cats but lacking a bit on humor. There were a few cats who had really funny faces but the others were mainly just cats lying around and a lot with their tounges hanging out.
Jeimy
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I follow the photographer on Instagram (@iamthecatphotographer) and had been looking forwarded to this book’s release for a while now. I was not disappointed.
Christi
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
My cats LOVED it!
Aisha
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!
Holly Hughes
Jun 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I finally found the book that was made for my coffee table! This is a beautiful collection of photos of some pretty cute and funny cats having a great time. This book is a must-have for any cat lover!
Ameera Al-Ramadhan
This is the best photography book I’ve ever read.
Elizabeth
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cats, animals, nonfiction
This book is all kinds of adorable. Cats of all ages feasting on catnip—and licking it, and rolling in it, and generally living it up. If you love photos of really happy animals enjoying the heck out of life, then this book is for you. An introduction with some information about catnip and its effects is a nice bonus.
Diana Graham
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, my HOPE was they found a bunch of cats who knew how to write a book and shared their feelings on Catnip. Alas, this was NOT the case, and I was almost disappointed. But then- I opened it up and saw SO. MANY. CATS...and I was taken back to my happy place once again. Just cats. And catnip. This book was great!!
Pug
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you don't talk to your cat about catnip, who will?
Kels
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
These cats high AF

I bought this purely to keep my cat-loving toddler entertained. Best impulse-buy ever. I’m pretty sure it entertained me more.
Penny
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cats, photography
I love this book. What a great idea to photograph cats all nipped out of their minds. It was a pleasant surprise to see Oskar and Klaus in this book. A very enjoyable book for cat lovers.
Alissa
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So THIS BOOK was awesome! It was being passed around my library's circulation department and, because the Circ Head knows I'm a Cat Person (she is too), it arrived into my delighted hands a few days ago. And I enjoyed it as much as the featured cats enjoyed their dose of catnip!

I have owned cats for going on 20 years. And all of them, save one (a snobbish Seal Point named Luna), have completely and utterly loved catnip.

Babycakes (2000-2015 RIP), a green-eyed Ginger (very Irish) stray who adopted my paren(she
Nicole Richwine
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction, humor
Alysha DeShaé
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The pictures are amazing in "Cats on Catnip" and I love the book!! I picked up "Shop Cats of New York" because I know the same photographer did the pictures for that book, too, but I haven't read it, yet.
Katie
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was made for me! I love cats and I do enjoy seeing pictures of cats derping out on catnip. The author/photographer should definitely do a sequel but with adoptable cats and kittens. Definitely a 5 out of 5 from me!
Anais919
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is so good!! It's interesting how many cats roll around in the catnip! One of my kitties does this...the other just looks dopy! If you have cats this is a hoot...if not, this could be reason to get one!!
Geri
Dec 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
Liked the photos, but thought there would be more action in them.
Somewhat disappointing.
April
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
It’s everything it claims to be: lovely photos of many cats deep in the catnip haze
Kristina Burke
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-books-read
Adorable cats doped up on catnip, what more is there to say. Seriously get this book, it will be impossible not to smile while flipping through the pages.
Alexandria
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So adorable!
Justine Ridder
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
Valleri
Aug 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All the many faces of cats high on catnip are totally hilarious and will make anyone's day brighter :)

• Shop Cats of New York
  • I Hate My Cats (A Love Story): (Cat book for Kids, Picture Book about Pets)
  • Cannonball