Start by marking “Cable & Deadpool, Volume 7: Separation Anxiety” as Want to Read:
Cable & Deadpool, Volume 7: Separation Anxiety

Cable & Deadpool, Volume 7: Separation Anxiety

(Cable & Deadpool (Collected Editions) #7)

Deadpool has decided to face the skeletons in his closet, dive deep into that dark void he calls a soul and rattle things up a bit. First order of business: Taskmaster. Second order of business: a knock-down drag-out Brawl Plus: The aftermath of the X-Men's battle against the Hecatomb has cost Cable a huge chunk of his island paradise of Providence and an even bigger slice ...more
Published August 29th 2007 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Cable & Deadpool, Volume 7, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cable & Deadpool, Volume 7

Start your review of Cable & Deadpool, Volume 7: Separation Anxiety
C
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
Continuing the great x-read of 2017/18...

Easily my least favorite volume of this series so far. What I've loved about this series is the odd friendship between Cable and Deadpool, the interplay of the sheer insanity of Deadpool's goofiness with Cable's almost morose seriousness. It's an equation that has just worked.

This volume, though, keeps them separate from each other (as the title implies) and it sort of just fell apart for me. I've never been a huge fan of Deadpool on his own - I love him
Silas
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a solid volume with stories that are about half Deadpool wackiness with a bunch of callbacks to his solo series (and I believe, the first appearance of Bob, Agent of Hydra), and the other half the collapse of Cable's utopian vision and him agonizing over it, both of which are enjoyable in their own way. The Cable portion tied into some contemporary X-Men comics that I didn't really know about, but it didn't detract from the story very much. We finally see Cable and Deadpool reconcile, w ...more
Riley Barnitz
Jul 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
So first story arc is kind of meh, but then you get to the second one and...

Okay, I cried like a baby! There was just such this good build up of this relationship and the way it ends had me balling! I haven't cried over a comic since Boster Gold: Blue and Gold. But this hit me hard!
Roman Colombo
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This has two stories. One had Deadpool being Deadpool, and the other has Cable being Cable. These two are such on odd pairing, but Nicieza sold it well. However,his Deadpool solo stories were a bit dull. He is much better at writing Cable, or the two of them together.
Eric Mikols
Jan 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: x-men, deadpool
You know, I forgot Cable joined Mike Carey's X-Men team during this series. I also forgot that he died! That explains how this Cable-heavy/Deadpool-lite series became the opposite. Luckily, it's still Deadpool as a character and not the paper-thin joke machine he becomes later in life.
Drizztl
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics-2018
8/10
I very much liked the way they concluded this part of the story. The best volume I read so far from this crossover. It had a solid story and good humor.
Judith Groen
Jul 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Natlyn
Sep 09, 2007 rated it it was ok
Shelves: sequential-art
This volume is a perfect example of the problems involved with using multiple-series/storyline-spanning characters to headline a book. Of the seven issues compiled in Separation Anxiety, Cable appears in only three and he and Deadpool appear together only in the last issue. When he does show up, he has to deal with some plotline from some other X book about aliens and an incapacitated Rogue and what-ev-ah.

I come to C&D because I enjoy their bizarre friendship. I want it investigated and poked.
Gayle Francis Moffet
Jun 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, july-2011, comics, series
Oh, look, Cable & Deadpool got yanked into another X-Men event. Who would have guessed?

Okay, that's out of my system, and I come with good news: While there's an event going on in about half the issues in this volume, it's done much better than it was with the Apocalypse crap in the previous volume. I had to double-check info to make sure I knew which event was going on, but the story itself is strong. Deadpool spends some time running around on his own, and we get to meet Bob (BOB!), and then e
Shannon Appelcline
The Deadpool Stories (36-39). The main problem with these first stories is that Cable is entirely missing, resulting in the comic losing at least half of its charm (and its straight man). The first two issues with the Taskmaster and the Rhino are the more mediocre of the set, while the second two with Agent X and T-Ray play with some nice continuity issues for Deadpool — which is what you want to do when you’re missing half the comic’s cast [6/10].

Fractured (40-42). This is a somewhat incoherent
Ondra Král
Sep 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Z tohoto dílu mám rozpoluplné pocity. Na jednu stranu ve většině příběhu není Cable a děj se točí jen kolem Deadpoola. Ten Niciezovi jako postava sedne a je to vtipné s občasným příměsem depresem a hledáním sebe sama. A poprvé se tu objevuje Hydra Bob =).

No a pak tu jsou bohužel poslední 3 čísla. Série C&D celých 40 čísel buduje dějovou linku, jak Cable vládne na svém vlastním ostrově, všemi manipuluje a hraje si na mesiáše. A kurňa, velké vyústění téhle linky proběhne v ÚPLNÉ JINÉ SÉRII? Máme t
Harold Gillespie
Cable and Dead Pool

Go together quite well although I wouldn't have thought so myself.
Lots of pages and action on those pages. Plot and art just dandy. Both the Heroes end up looking noble and I like that kind of a semi-ending.
With so many artists I was concerned the comic would have that "done by a committee" feel, but it didn't. Few single artists have the talent to draw all the props and characters included. It's my review so I'm adding a star because I love it.
Lindsey.parks
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Up until this volume, it has been mostly Cable with a little bit of Deadpool, the ratio was off, but with this volume there was a significant increase in Deadpool's panel time and that's never a bad time.
Ilse
Mar 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tommy
Aug 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Such a great arc. Could legitimately be the end of the series but kind of glad it's not. Just great Deadpool storylines and shows how Cable's personality influences deadpool
Sharon
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Individual issues on marvel unlimited
Chad D'Cruze
May 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Deadpool parts are great, the Cable tie ins are just urhg.
Jedhua
ABSOLUTE RATING: {2.5/5 stars} (Rounded Down)

STANDARDIZED RATING: <2/5 stars>
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre)
For some terrible reason I found this volume incredibly boring. WHYYYY.
Ross Diskin

• The Walking Dead, Vol. 6: This Sorrowful Life
  • Ghost Rider, Vol. 4: Revelations
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 7: The Calm Before
  • Agents of Atlas
Fabian Nicieza is an American comic book writer and editor who is best known for his work on Marvel titles such as X-Men, X-Force, New Warriors, Cable and Deadpool, and Thunderbolts, for all of which he helped create numerous characters.

Cable & Deadpool (Collected Editions) (8 books)
  • Cable & Deadpool, Volume 1: If Looks Could Kill