Start by marking “The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be” as Want to Read:
The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be

The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be

Jack Canfield, cocreator of the phenomenal bestselling Chicken Soup for the Soul® series, turns to the principles he's studied, taught, and lived for more than 30 years in this practical and inspiring guide that will help any aspiring person get from where they are to where they want to be.

The Success Principlesâ„¢ will teach you how to increase your confidence, tackle daily challenges,

Published December 26th 2006 by Collins Publishers (first published December 16th 2004)

Douglas
Feb 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everybody
Shelves: self-improvement
This is an excellent-excellent book. I can't say how much this book really summarizes a lot of what I have read in a number of other books.

Surprisingly, I finished this 435 page monster in one week. I still have the receipt as a bookmark. It is one of the best books I have ever read, but more from an encouragement and support standpoint.

Amazon has had 215 people review the book. 200 of them gave it 5 stars! the other 15 four stars! It was compelling enough for me to start reading the book imme
Nick
Jan 04, 2009 rated it did not like it
I'm a great fan of self-help books. I read lots of them, enthusiastically, hoping for even one insight that will make me a better person. Canfield's (The Chicken Soup author) offering in the genre is the dumbest self-help book I've ever read. There are 65 principles for success in it, an absurd number that virtually guarantees that you'll never be able to follow any of them. And every single one is a cliche. To write this book, he must have gone to the bookstore, bought every self-help book he c ...more
Liz
Let me tell you what I didn’t like about this book:

1) The name dropping stories will (and in some cases already are) dated. This book will not hold up over the years. He talks about people, TV Shows, movies etc, that in 75 years, no one will know what they are or who they were. I had this problem when I read Napoleon Hill’s books. Stuff that was a normal mind set when he wrote the books are no longer applicable. This caused me to grow frustrated while reading it.

2) The later pr
Marisa Walz
Dec 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I read many motivational books and this is my favorite to date. It has been the most inspiring for me. I love his simple, precise writing - not a word is wasted. This book is one of those books where you start referring to your life in terms of "before I read the book" and "after I read the book." I recommend everyone read this.

There are no earth shattering revelations in here, per se; what is great about this book is that the revelations come in the form of a new way to look
Keanu Taylor
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone and Everyone
Reading Sucks! That's what I used to think Before I've read this book.
This Book completely Changed my life. I've never read a book in my life and took so much action towards change in my personality and my future success. As I read the SIXTY-FOUR principles, I never ran across a statement or a belief that I didn't find true. The ones that I did question worked ONE-HUNDRED Percent of the time.
Before I read this book I was quiet, timid, and quiet frankly angry all of the time. I hated anyth
Emma Sea
Jul 24, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: auckland-library
the Power of Attraction in disguise
Astrid Paramita
Aug 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you're a self help book reader (like me), this book didn't really provide anything new or breakthrough. You probably know everything already.

Why aren't we successful yet, then? Maybe we forgot the principles, or we got sidetracked by other things? I questioned whether I'm that person who prayed to win a lottery but never actually buy the ticket.

This book helped in evaluating what you already did, what you could've done, and what you could change. It's a gentle kind of book, provi
Enjoli
Jan 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Jack Canfield has positivity in his hands and molds it to help him through all of his goals. He has not only made millions of peoples dreams come true by helping to motivate them, but has now put his knowledge of success in one book. The other inspiring part of this book is how he has managed to paraphrase other important and standard self-help and motivational books and condensed the most important parts in his own. He keeps you going with every page. I would stay up to 3am reading, and recentl ...more
Renee (itsbooktalk)
Jan 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I listened to this on audio and thought it was engaging and filled with inspiring principles. There are many, many principles to choose from so it's an easy, adaptable way to pick and choose what you want to incorporate more of in your life
Jason Navallo
Nov 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Jack Canfield never fails to inspire me. It all started when I watched "The Secret". This book is amazing. He is living proof that you can be successful and it all begins with your mindset.
Prasenjeet Kumar
Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book talks about 67 timeless principles of success that the world’s most famous men and women have employed in their lives to transform their lives beyond their wildest dreams. My most important take-aways from this book are:

Take 100% responsibility for your life: Don’t blame your luck or adverse astrological positions. Do whatever is in your hand.

Think about small successes in life: We are all conditioned to remember about our failures but if I were to ask you whether you had
Andrea Samadi
Feb 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I picked up Jack Canfield's Sucess Principles book since I was having such success with his Dream Big System, and didn't want to miss out on any nuggets of information that would help me get to where I am so excited to go. I am so glad I bought this book. There is nowhere else you need to go to figure out your life purpose, and begin to work your dream plan. He covers EVERYTHING you need to know about conceptualizing your goal from the thought stage, to buidling your team, to dealing with obstac ...more
Addicted to Books
For anyone who needs a hand to guide you towards taking small steps towwards your successful career, this is a good book to read.
Johnnyc
Sep 17, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Great disappointment.It's like advertising on Chicken Soup for the Soul.Also, the principles are very flat and dull.Only repeating uninteresting stories over and over again.
J.F. Penn
Nov 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is currently my favourite book and re-reading again...as well as listening the audio. Packed with tips and inspiration for a successful life in all areas.
Micky
Mar 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Let me just start off by saying I love Jack Canfield for writing this book that is how much I love it. This too was a life changer for me because I have always struggled in the past with setting and reaching goals. However, The Success Principles shows you how to do just that. It is also filled with people who were able to set and reach their goals by changing just a few things in their routine every day.

I initially checked this book out last year or the year before read a little bit
Armand
Jun 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
I consider this the bible of success as it contains principal laws that will help you attain success. Just like the bible you need to read the book from time to time to master it and use it as reference. The author doesn't pretend to take credit for all the principles written in the book but it was based also from other reference materials that he had gathered from know writers like Brain Tracy, Anthony Robbins to name a few. Divided into several parts from developing a successful attitude to ho ...more
Ayoub
Jul 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: must-read
This book never ceased to blow my mind with every single page. It's a goldmine of very useful concepts and frameworks to achieve success, I couldn't put it down literally, finished it in just 3 days. There is no page that I didn't highlight a part of, and sometimes I had to highlight the entire page lol. This book is must read for very breathing, functioning human being. And not just once, at least once or twice a year, every year for the rest of your life. Yep, that's how good it is. Period.
Alexander
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of most comprehensive self-help books I've read. It covers everything from goal setting, meditation, visualization to taking massive actions. If you want motivation or a guide to reach your goals, this book is for you.
Swati Grover
Good book for those who know what they want in their lives however are clueless about how to start. This book provides you 25 simple and easily exectuble principle to kickstart your journey for success.
David Rosage
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic book that combines ideas contained in at least a dozen other books about business and self improvement. Good read with great related stories included.
Jade Dermody
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a life changing book. At first I thought it may not be for me. As principle one is take responsibility for your own life and stop blaming others-I'm a woman for Christ sake I always blame myself. But then by reading it slowly. Thinking about what it was actually saying. Underlining passages that struck me and taking the time to do the exercises I started to feel a lot more focused on what I want out of life. And determined to get it. Since reading it (I finished a month ago) I've managed ...more
Shakti Chauhan
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If there was just one book you could read out of all self-help material. In my opinion, it is this one.

Jack Canfield is a man who has attended hundreds of seminars, read thousands of books and apprenticed under some of the most influential and successful mentors. So when he talks, you have to pay attention.

This book truly is what the title says it is. Hence it is relevant to everyone.

It starts off right. Cruises well and finishes with plenty of references to start you off on the jo
Siri
Nov 07, 2010 rated it liked it
I listened to this book and plan to do a monitored program of the principles with a friend of mine, who recommended we read this and do it together. I look forward to the program though i found this book, read aloud into audio, less exciting to hear than the one of his i listened to immediately prior. In combination, there are many, many entertaining antidotes and inspirations to be had. Lots can be learned from his gentle manner.
محمدجواد مهدیزاده
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: motivation
It is a perfect book
helps you think to try more and better for your life

It has practical tactics which shows you how should you plan and advance in your life

Achieving the goal is not only made by imagination! It is necessary to try, too.

Good book for people who want to go over the borders of hardships
Laleh
Oct 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
A very looong book, which is why it took me so long to finish, but VERY useful, and one which I will definitely be visiting again. I have already begun to put a few principles to use, with very satisfactory results, and look forward to implementing the rest
Rahul
Nov 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Actually, I own this valuable stuff in a coincidental way when I was standing at bus stop, waiting for my bus to go back to home from the city (Kochi). When my phone rang in between, I had walked simply here and there at the spot and came to see this book in a street book shop over there. I liked the cover pic at the 1st sight itself since I'm fond of 'RED' color. Within a short while after the call, I inquired about the book with seller and opened it with much curiosity for having a look throug ...more
Rob
Sep 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
20% of this book is Jack Canfield talking about himself in the third person, or telling anecdote after anecdote about how great the principles have been for some random [ex-soldier, teacher, entrepreneur, singer]. Why the author feels the need to basically repeat the book jacket during every chapter is beyond me. I've already bought the book dude, know when to stop selling.

The biggest strength of the book is the bold unsupported assertions. This is self-help, not neuroscience, and th
Nina del Arce
The first third of this is fantastic, the second is good, and the final third remains useful but feels a little too stretched out and filled with promotional messages. But the first third? Life-changing stuff. Simple, but powerful - in the way where you keep going "how have I not already thought of that" and "I can't wait to try this out." I've already recommended this book to seven of my friends; I can hardly wait for them to read it, either! It's a very inspiring book, and we all deserve to be ...more
Taka
Read it--

Frankly, there are too many principles even in the abridged audio version of the book, but it draws from no less of authors than Tim Ferriss, Anthony Robbins, et al. and offers the condensed version of all the motivational and inspirations techniques and anecdotes.

As the author exhorts toward the end of the audiobook, I will be listening to it again and again to let my mind really absorb the principles.

Highly recommended.
Following the Principles 10 85 Oct 18, 2014 05:53PM

• The Answer: Grow Any Business, Achieve Financial Freedom, and Live an Extraordinary Life
  • Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • Excuses Begone!: How to Change Lifelong, Self-Defeating Thinking Habits
  • The Attractor Factor: 5 Easy Steps for Creating Wealth (or Anything Else) from the Inside Out
  • The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth
  • Overachievement: The New Science of Working Less to Accomplish More
  • Harmonic Wealth: The Secret of Attracting the Life You Want
  • The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness
  • The Science of Getting Rich
  • Money, and the Law of Attraction: Learning to Attract Wealth, Health, and Happiness

Canfield received