Start by marking “A Taste Of Heaven” as Want to Read:
A Taste Of Heaven

A Taste Of Heaven

Published August 29th 2010 (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about A Taste Of Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Taste Of Heaven

Mo
May 04, 2015 rated it really liked it

Libby Ross fled betrayal and heartbreak in Chicago when she headed to Montana expecting a new start, children, and a good place to raise them. Instead she learned that she has been duped again by the cowboy who made her his mail-order bride. He died, leaving her with no money, nowhere to go, and no resources but her own ingenuity. Then she learned about the Lodestar Ranch and its owner, Tyler Hollins.

I enjoyed this one. Libby has had a hard life. After a betrayal in Chicago she left
RedL.
Aug 23, 2016 rated it liked it
3 I want my own Tyler stars

I am thinking about how to review this way too long, my reviewing muscles still atrofied.

Western is usually my choice when I need a break, even from my own line of reading, time to sort my thoughts out for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it works like a charm. In the best occasions it moves me deeply. There is just something about the vastness of the lands and the extreme life conditions of both Indians and colonists that pulls something in me behind the visual imagin
Jenn
Jun 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is a story about forgiveness, acceptance, second chances at love and building a family and a happy life.

What I loved about this story:
1. Good pacing.
2. Dual POV.
3. There was more story after the couple became a couple.
4. A little humor.
5. I loved the whole cast of characters.
6. Libby. She had a backbone and wasn't a wimpy, weak heroine. She had a good balance about her and was very likable.
7. Tyler. He was broody and standoffish for a bit but I really liked how he was written too.
8. This
Laura V.
Me están gustando mucho las historias de esta autora. Logra decir mucho en su forma de narrar las cosas.
En esta oportunidad tenemos a Tyler y a Libby. Ambos no son lo que el otro esperaba, pero se llenan de una forma que ninguna otra persona hubiera podido haber hecho.
Tyler al principio, se resiste tanto a tener a Libby cerca que resulta fácil ver el cambio que se da luego en él. Su mente está llena de recuerdos y remordimientos del pasado y no quiere a ninguna mujer que le haga pensar en ello.
Lyuda
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: western
I had three reasons to pick this book: many positive reviews, I was on my little "western historical romance binge", and I read and liked couple of other books by the author. Well, it turned out to be very predictable, run of the mill, sugary-sweet story. We have our destitute mail-order bride coming from Chicago to the Montana frontier with one variation. Turned out, her husband was a very old man, who lived on the small isolated ranch 15 miles from a nearest town and needed a nurse more than a ...more
JennyG
I really enjoyed this book. Both the hero and heroine were very likeable. I loved the fact that the heroine was strong, smart and hard-working. What I loved the most was the build up, wistful gazes across the room, glowering, fleeting brushes of hands,... Sometimes, I find that hotter than the hottest sex scene.

P.S. There is no rape or attempt of rape by anyone. Cheating? Decide for yourself whether this is cheating (view spoiler)
Denise
Feb 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
The book starts out strong but sort of fizzles. I would give this 3 1/2 stars if possible. It was an entertaining read, the romance was good, characters well defined, good steamy scenes... but there was just something missing in the middle of the book that fell flat for me.
Brendagarza
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Hay novelas románticas que están llenas de la historia de sus protagonistas, me refiero a su relación, desde que se conocen, hasta que terminan juntos y casi siempre tenemos un felices para siempre.

Pero hay otras que además de regalarnos eso, que obviamente, es lo que nos gusta de la literatura romántica también nos cuenta algo diferente, fuera de lo que conocemos normalmente o que aveces estando tan trillado en el cine, no le damos mucha importancia.

Alexis Harrington escribió una historia de am
Suzanne Barrett
Jan 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Liberty Ross has just buried her husband on the desolate Montana plains. She’d traveled out from Chicago as a mail-order bride, and a mere four months later, her husband has succumbed to pneumonia. Now she must drive the rickety wagon to the nearest town to catch a train back to Chicago. But when she arrives, she discovers she hasn’t enough money to buy a ticket.

Her dilemma is solved when two ranch hands overhear the situation and ask her to come back to the ranch. Seems their cook was fired and
Joanna Choi
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book could have been so much better, but it read as a very amateurish venture. It's like the author was just trying to hit all the elements someone told her to, but didn't think about how those elements worked in her plot.

Libby is an orphaned cook from Chicago who made the mistake of thinking the young master of the house loved her. She got caught while he was in the process of sexually assaulting her and was kicked out of the house. So she answers a fraudulent mail-order bride ad from a 70
Pamela(AllHoney)
Libby hasn't had an easy life and it doesn't look like it's going to get any easier. Her husband is dead and no one to turn to, she makes the decision to return to Chicago but doesn't have the funds. Working at the local brothel isn't something she wants to consider. When the opportunity to work as a cook at a local ranch comes up she takes it. Nice little romance between Libby and the ranch owner, Tyler. Both Libby and Tyler have a few issues they must deal with. There are a few heart-wrenching ...more
j. elaine
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved A Taste of Heaven. It was a wonderful weekend read. I have had this book in my 'to be read' pile for awhile now and just needed the escape of an historical western with a great story and that is just what I found! Alexis Harrington is a new author for me and I loved her writing right away and all the way through! This was a wonderful, nice and long (over 350 pages) story with a perfect cowboy feel (hearing the sound of the spurs....loved that). I love the hard working members of the Lode ...more
Naty Levin
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Muy linda historia, del estilo de Lorraine Heath y Lavyrle Spencer. Recomendable para quienes quieran leer una historia dulce con un leve toque sexy. Tyler y Libbie son personajes con historias tristes pero que logran salir adelante gracias al amor y la amistad.
Lis Sigona
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cannot put her books down when I get ahold of one.
Kristen
Dec 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
I loved all 747 pages of this book.
The book starts with Libby describing how grueling burying her husband is at the end of the worst blizzard in Montana history (1887). From that scene on the book kept me engaged.
Both Libby and Tyler have secrets from their pasts that are keeping them from opening their hearts to someone. Great love story!
I own this book on my Nook.
Kay
Aug 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one. We get a real good sense about living on a big ranch and the rough travels of a cattle drive. I did feel that some parts moved a bit slow but I liked how the relationships took time to develop. I look forward to reading more by this author.

3.5 Stars
Mayte Urse
Mar 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful
Elsa Bravante
Una novela muy sencilla situada en el oeste americano, bien narrada, algunas veces apetece un libro asì.
Walks Through Walls
Jul 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Well wasn't that just as saccharine and "perfect" as can be? This book is like cotton candy. Insubstantial, fluffy, sugary, artificially-flavored, and delicious if you're in the mood for something with absolutely no nutritional value (and are willing to risk the possible sideffects).

Or somewhat unsatisfying if you want something richer. Depends on what mood you're in.
Jody
Dec 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook, library
So good! I cried, I laughed, and I worried. This book starts out with a winter storm so bleak and cold and a woman digging a grave. Both characters have heartbreaking back stories but both prove to be stronger than they appear.
Lola
I'm not usually a crier-nor happy to cry on a book even when I do-but this was a welcomed exception... This book was sooo goood & deeeep it went straight to my heart.
O-M-G!! :jumping around in delirium:

p.s I'll write a better review when I recover and calm down (which might be never, hehe).
Beatriz Velez Jones
La historia es muy linda, los personajes tienen mucha fuerza y engancha desde el principio. Lástima la mala traducción al español y falta de edición, le faltan palabras, algunos párrafos parecen traducciones literales de Google. Se hace difícil de leer.
Andy Alexandross
Dec 17, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
En general la historia está bastante bien y la narrativa es todo lo que esperaba. No le doy más estrellas porque el argumento si resulta muy predictivo y algo lento en algunas partes.
Nani
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ella es maravillosa. Fuerte, tierna, segura,..... Una auténtica mujer de su época. Y él es , Grrrrr.
Ellyn (Mrs. Darcy in my Dreams)
Loved this! Reminded me of Loraine heath western romances
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amei!
  • Parting Gifts
  • The Tenderfoot Bride
  • Beautiful Bad Man (Sutton Family, #1)
  • To Wed in Texas (McLain #3)
  • Heartbreak Creek (Runaway Brides #1)
  • Foxfire Bride
  • Mustang Wild (Wild, #1)
  • A Convenient Wife (Montana Mavericks: Historicals #3)
  • The Stranger
  • The Rainbow Season (Turner's Rainbows Saga, #1)
I've been a self-employed working novelist for the past twenty years. Of all the books I've written I've had just one foreign sale, and that was THE IRISH BRIDE, which was translated into Norwegian, where I understand it was a big hit.

I also make jewelry and I'm a fine needlework artist, specializing in embroidery, thread crochet, and sewing. I love to cook, read, entertain friends, decorate, and
“Maybe he wasn't at his best. He smelled of horses and road dust. His lean jaws were shadowed by stubble, and his sweat-soaked hair stuck up in a couple of places where he'd run his hands through it. But he couldn't have looked better to her if he'd been wearing a Sunday suit. “You're the handsomest cowboy I've ever seen.” 1 likes
“Tyler looked at Libby's set face across the table. He was scared to death, but he saw her faith in him. Where it came from, he couldn't guess, but her words hit hard. Did he have the courage, the guts to do this? On his own, no, probably not. But Libby, Libby, who had always been braver than him—she'd be here. She'd had the daring and the backbone to save him when he'd done everything possible to discourage her.” 1 likes