Start by marking “4,000 Questions for Getting to Know Anyone and Everyone” as Want to Read:
4,000 Questions for Getting to Know Anyone and Everyone

4,000 Questions for Getting to Know Anyone and Everyone

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  153 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
4,000 ways to achieve instant intimacy

What, more than anything, makes you angry?
Who were your childhood idols?
What kind of leader are you most inclined to follow?

What has happened to the art of conversation? In the age of Internet chat rooms, speed dating, and frantic text messaging, have we forgotten how to meaningfully connect? This book of 4,000 provocative questions wi
Paperback, Large Print, 272 pages
Published August 10th 2004 by Random House Reference

Be the first to ask a question about 4,000 Questions for Getting to Know Anyone and Everyone

Sheri
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
Questions to ask others and even some questions to ask yourself. I can see this book being used in so many ways:

from a conversation starter (Where did you grow up?)
to a self reflection tool (How do you make your life more complex than it needs to be?)
to dreaming about the future (What is your dream retirement?)
and then to a walk down memory lane (What was your most memorable toy?)
and even as the start of a friendly debate. (Golf: luck or skill?)

There were also lots of good relationship questions
Starbubbles
Nov 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reference
I brought this on a trip with some friends. It was great! Some of the questions repeated a smidge, just a few words changed to make a slightly different question. You really get to know people fast with all of these questions. They range from easy questions to fairly probing questions. I highly recommend this to anyone who is going to be spending time with people and might need some ideas to discuss.
Christa
Jan 01, 2016 rated it liked it
Exactly what you'd expect from the title: a bunch of questions to ask people and have them answer. Fun for getting to know people, or exploring the responses of people you already know.
Joel Rockey
Apr 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
My wife bought this book before we were married, and we started reading it for fun during our dating years. It is a great conversation starter! We now pull it out during long road trips. Whether you've just met or you've known someone for years, this little book will help you learn things about each other you never knew. Such a fun read!
Kimberly
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is a great tool for getting to know new people. Also, it is fun to pull out random questions while drinking with old friends.
Debbie
Dec 26, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paperback-bought
This is a great book to have at get-togethers and parties and even just long family car rides.
Tammy
May 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
This book gives you questions to get to know someone better. Some questions could also be used as discussion starters in groups. The questions are divided up in to chapters by general topic. Though the author talks about it being useful for talking to anyone in any situation, I think it would be wise to already know the person somewhat before using any of the questions in the politics and religion section. Also, I thought some of the other questions were rather personal and should only be asked ...more
Richard Stephenson
Sep 19, 2011 rated it liked it
I liked it!

Has a nice breadth of questions sorted by topic / subject / application. There is a bit of repetition when you chunk the questions up a bit, but I guess that is to be expected. Nice to read through while keeping in mind you shouldn't be trying to memorize - just grease the skids a little! Seems like a nice reference book.
Skerdi Kroi
I used it with my social group and we had a great time(with some of the questions).
I think that the first chapter which I call the random question chaos should be put last.
Judy
May 20, 2015 rated it liked it
Intimacy isn't instant...
Deyne
Nov 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing

While being on medical leave, this was a fun way to spend time with my family. Would be great for long road trips or with friends!
DixieJo
Dec 29, 2007 rated it liked it
So what's to say, I am in situations often where lulls come up in conversation.
Nguyen Ha
Nov 03, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • List Your Self: Listmaking as the Way to Self-Discovery
  • I Was Here: A Travel Journal for the Curious Minded
  • To-Do List: From Buying Milk to Finding a Soul Mate, What Our Lists Reveal About Us
  • My Future Listography: All I Hope to Do in Lists
  • One Line a Day: A Five-Year Memory Book
  • Everything Is Going to Be OK
  • 101 Things to Do Before You're Old and Boring
  • Battle
  • 100 Things You're Not Supposed to Know: Secrets, Conspiracies, Cover Ups, and Absurdities
  • Schaum's Outline of College Physics, 10th edition (Schaum's Outline Series)
  • Attack of the Seawolf
  • The Book of Questions
Dr. Barbara Ann Kipfer (born in 1954) is a lexicographer,as well as an archaeologist. She has written more than 60 books, including 14,000 Things to be Happy About (Workman), which has more than a million copies in print and has given rise to many Page-a-Day calendars. The 25th anniversary edition of the book was published in October 2014. She is the editor of Roget's International Thesaurus.

Kipfe
More about Barbara Ann Kipfer...

Nonfiction Deals