Start by marking “كيف تقول لا: ٢٥٠ طريقة لتقولها و تعنيها ، توقف عن محاولة إرضاء الآخرين للأبد” as Want to Read:
كيف تقول لا: ٢٥٠ طريقة لتقولها و تعنيها ، توقف عن محاولة إرضاء الآخرين للأبد

كيف تقول لا: ٢٥٠ طريقة لتقولها و تعنيها ، توقف عن محاولة إرضاء الآخرين للأبد

حقق كتاب "كيف تقول لا" مبيعات ضخمة وترجم إلى كثير من لغات العالم هذا الكتاب سوف يحررك فهو أحد أكثر الموضوعات العلمية التى تحفزك على التحرر وتمدك بالقوة .. لقد أبدعت سوزان نيومان فى توصيل المعلومة للقارىء العادى إن مهارة قول "لا" ضرورية لنيل الحرية والاستقلالية فى الحياة وكتاب "كيف تقول لا" يعلمك هذه المهارة من خلال مجموعة من الأمثلة المحللة تحليلا دقيقا
Mass Market Paperback, 248 pages
Published by مكتبة جرير (first published 2005)

Start your review of كيف تقول لا: ٢٥٠ طريقة لتقولها و تعنيها ، توقف عن محاولة إرضاء الآخرين للأبد
Amanda Lasen
It got to a point where I just started skimming through this book, just looking for interesting and relevant things. Most of the book is nothing but scenarios and got rather boring after about the 20 or 30th one.
Jeanne
Feb 17, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
For those people pleasers who need a little help understanding that they need to put themselves first, maybe even for the first time in their life, this is a great book to get you started down the right road.
Cinnapatty
Jan 19, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Yah, the premise is a great one. And I'm sure there are 250 scenarios in the book, all of which I skimmed through and none of which applied at all. She must have some pretty nasty friends and family based on the scenarios in the book. Wow. And co workers.

The scenarios were of no particular help particularly because there was little to no follow up offered. When you have a sister (this is her example) always dumping her drama on you so you say "Sorry, I've got my own drama to deal with" what do y
Rhoxette Simsuangco
This book has good intentions and a great message: say no to things that are unnecessary in your life. I love the idea of establishing personal boundaries and taking control back over life. I only rate it 3 stars because the beginning of the book was enjoyable, but I found myself losing interest as the author went through the different scenarios. I was shocked at how some of the scenarios were presented. Some of the responses can definitely be seen as rude, especially the ones in the family and ...more
Roan Michael
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
If you struggle with boundaries, this is a very practical and straightforward self help book. It gives example situations and how best to respond to them to protect yourself and to be as courteous as possible if the situation allows. A healthy dose of realism for those who tend to give too much to others because they think they owe it to others to do so.
Suhaib Joudeh
It's a very good book, but I think it would be helpful if the author put fewer scenarios and place it with some other advices that could help the reader.
it's really not helpful to read that much of scenarios. However, it's a good and helpful book.
Rora
Jan 14, 2018 rated it did not like it
The Jarir Arabic translated edition is a big fail. Couldn’t continue reading!
Stephanie Solis
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick read. Some sections weren’t applicable to me, but I imagine that would be the case for most people. Still, I don’t get all of the 3-star reviews. I did find many of the scenarios helpful.
Pamela
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read for those that always respond with a 'yes'.
Shaunna McPhie
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every one should read this!
Claudia
Although it was a bit too repetitive and patronizing for me, I found the ideas and tips about saying no more often and many different ways how to do it quite helpful.
Abdullah Kaloti
Say Noooo
eLLen
May 20, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Helpful in giving very specific examples of how to say no directly, but politely.
Kit Fox
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: booklist-2009
Billed as "250 ways to say it - and mean it - and stop people-pleasing forever," I read this out of curiosity. In overwhelmingly large part, it's a series of example situations with appropriate negative responses, and some brief analysis of the possible motivations and background factors in each.

While there are enough of these that some will strike a chord with any reader, the book falls flat by ignoring what would probably draw many people to it in the first place - what to do if your "No" is
Deb
Feb 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*Saying yes to saying no*

If you regularly find yourself saying "Yes" to others when you really want to be saying "No, no, no!" The Book of No may be just what you need. The theme at the heart of this book is the eye-opening truth of "When you say yes continually to others, you say no to yourself."

After shedding some light on why it can be so easy to fall into the yes-trap, Susan helps light the way to the path of saying no. In addition to providing 250 instructive and entertaining just-say-no
Shari
Jun 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Hillery
Jun 24, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Trite and simplistic. As a recovering people-pleaser, I can say that changing one's behavior doesn't happen with a few words, or quickly. The author fails to address the long process involved or how to respond when those people demanding you do something refuse to accept your "No" the first time. Also, given the current state of the economy, the whole section on saying "No" in job situations is completely laughable and unrealistic. More thought should have gone into that section and how the real ...more
Eileen
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great explanation for why you should say no -- to take back your time from people who just use you because you always say yes. Why do that? So you can spend your time and energy on the people you want to help, instead of overwhelming yourself with tasks, projects, and events you have no desire or interest in.

Dr. Newman does a wonderful job explaining how you can say "no" in different situations without offending other people, hurting feelings, lying, or making excuses. A great tool to help you b
Medeia Sharif
Jun 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book gives scenarios and advice about being in disagreeable and awkward situations with friends, family, coworkers, and strangers (pushy and manipulative ones in particular), and saying that powerful word “no.” If we say “yes,” we lose time, energy, dignity, comfort, and so many other things. Even though I’ve been a lot better at saying “no” today compared to years ago—and being much happier and at ease in my life for it—this was a nice reminder on the power of that word.
Saz
Oct 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Although I was meh most of time while reading I don't know because of translation or because of I was a Yes person and Makes me to say why in most lines,I try for a year to change myself and I see the result and I think many ways to go but I can say surely no I can say No :) I will be better inshallah
Anne
Apr 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though we have all heard and/or read about the power of no, this author put into perspective each scenario that "people pleasers" can be caught in. No is a complete sentence, and it really is very freeing.
Maria
Aug 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked that the author gave sample scenarios with great sample responses. I also liked how each scenario explained the people pleasers basic instinct to please someone even if they know they should just say no. A quick read with some good advice.
Romeo Verga
Very superficial solutions to everyday conflicts. Has useful points through out the book. The scenarios are too specific for everyday life. Only way to be useful is by memorizing them. Better off evaluating your principles and values
Megan
Mar 01, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great book! One I definitely was happy to read and should re-read again! Offered some great advice and tips-I even made a cheat sheet of notes from the book that I carry around :)
Naja Faysal
Aug 04, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
its not worth the money
Anthony
Jul 06, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Often impractical and overly generalized. Mostly filled with surface level solutions.
Cara
Jun 05, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book offered some good strategies for saying no to things you don't want to do or shouldn't do, and leaving room for the things that are really important.
Light on the psychology behind people-pleasing, especially for being written by a psychologist. Very breezy--glad I got it from the library. Rife with real-world situations and how to respond.
Bethany
Sep 27, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
This book was somewhat helpful in guiding conversations, but a lot wasn't relevant or how I would say no even if I were good at saying no!
Aya M. Eldighady
May 20, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to know and learn new practical assertiveness strategies through this book. but what I found is "It's not about how to be assertive, but how to be rough with bad intentions."
تعليق 1 5 Aug 30, 2016 02:16PM

• فاتتني صلاة
  • The Art of Public Speaking
  • Emotional Blackmail: When the People in Your Life Use Fear, Obligation, and Guilt to Manipulate You
  • الزبدة
  • Mind Over Mood: Change How You Feel By Changing the Way You Think
  • 8 أعمال دوستويفسكي الأدبية: الجريمة والعقاب 1 ـ المجلد
  • لأنك الله: رحلة إلى السماء السابعة
  • بيكاسو وستاربكس
Susan Newman, Ph.D. is a social psychologist, and the author of fifteen relationship and parenting books, including Parenting an Only Child , Little Things Long Remembered, and Under One Roof Again: All Grown Up and (Re)learning to Live Together Happily and The Book of NO: 365 Ways to Say It and Mean It--and Stop People-Pleasing Forever. ...more

News & Interviews

“أنت لست مضطرًا لحب كل شيء يحبه صديقك للمحافظة على صداقته.” 16 likes
“عندما يصير امر ما مصدراً للسخط بدلاً من أن يكون مصدراً للمتعة ... فقد حان الوقت للتوقف” 11 likes