Start by marking “The Fast Track Detox Diet” as Want to Read:
The Fast Track Detox Diet

The Fast Track Detox Diet

3.61  ·  Rating details ·  150 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
You know how it is. That special event just around the corner and you can’t fit into your designer jeans. You need a fool-proof, emergency weight-loss method that really works and works fast. So how do you safely and quickly lose those extra pounds?

Once again, renowned health pioneer and bestselling author Ann Louise Gittleman has a quick, no-strings-attached solution tha
Published December 26th 2006 by Harmony (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Fast Track Detox Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fast Track Detox Diet

Elisa Bieg
Jan 21, 2008 rated it it was amazing
You may be suspicious about the title of this book, but don't let that get in your way: this book is much more than a "quick fix" - in fact, it may just be the solution we have all been waiting for.

I have a library full of books, many relating to health, nutrition, detox, and similar topics. But this book is special. It covers all the topics above and more, while at the same time making it all easy to understand and breaking it down so that healthy habits are really at everyone's reach.
It real
Apr 07, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I could feel a difference in my body after doing the detox plan. A good difference. This book was the #1 recommendation from a respected nutritionist and dietician. It makes a ton of sense! I personally believe that detoxing and cleansing out our bodies, from all the crap our food has in it, is a good idea. It's not meant to be a weight loss plan, but you most likely will lose weight. The plan is a bit difficult to shop and cook for, and definitely foods my family would never eat, so I was const ...more
Mar 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I completed this and the end result was feeling great, no IBS symptoms, and a 4lb weight loss. Absolutely will detox periodically utilizing this tactic.
May 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, you do not actually lose the 8 pounds overnight But it is a nice marketing concept. This diet is broken down into 3 parts: pre detox, detox, and post detox.

the main reason for the weight loss is the pre-detox. The pre diet for a week has you cutting out virtually many carbs and sweets and eating certain foods that assist in detoxing your system, clearing your skin, and giving you energy. By altering your eating habits for just one week you can actually (depending on your metabolism loose
Sep 18, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health-and-diet
Some good health advice here, the sum of which is to eat organic when you can, and when you can’t choose the next best option (ex. Choose blueberries instead of strawberries because they tend to get exposed to less chemicals).

I have done fasts before, mainly for religious and social activism purposes, and have never considered the health benefits of doing one. In fact, it seems to go against everything that health experts normally say. Usually they advise you to eat every 3-4 hours and never go
Nov 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I first got this book from my local library. Then, I decided to buy a copy. I didn't read the whole book. But, only the parts I thought were important for myself like some nutritional information and information on the prequel, fast, and sequel. I love the diet. It's simple and easy to do. And, you do get a lot of good information about nutrition on this diet. You won't starve. I calculated the calories per day and they are at least 1500-1600 and you can add more if you wish. I lost a few pounds ...more
Jul 07, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: those wanting to improve their health and/or lose weight
This book makes a great supplement to The Fat Flush Plan also written by Ann Louise Gittleman. These two books are full of information for people to use to design a plan to fit their needs. This author understands issues of toxins, adrenal fatigue, and diabetes. Her eating/exercise plan addresses these issues and is supportive of the liver as well as cleanses the colon for effective elimination. Her exercise plan involves walking and bouncing on a rebounder to keep the lymph system moving. Even ...more
Leslie McDermott
Jan 06, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: food-related
In an attempt to embrace a healthier lifestyle, complete with better nutrition and exercise habits, I want to read this book as a way jump start a new eating regime. I want to make the change towards eating healthier foods, more organic foods. I pretty much want to cut the crap, in terms of food. I recently did this Detox, and had a really great experience. The Fast Track Detox Diet, by Ann Louis Gittleman was what I did for 11 days. A 7 day prequel preparing you for a 1 day fast followed by 3 d ...more
Grandma Judy
Oct 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Very good, informative book on how to detox. Easy & clear-cut directions. It says one day, but there's a week beforehand that you have to eat certain things, and 3 days afterwards, so it totals 11 days, which is about right. Dr. Oz said you need to detox 10 days at least for it to do much good. You need to follow it to the letter in order for this detox to be effective. We all should detox 4X/yr (at beginning of each new season), at least, to get rid of toxins that accumulate in our bodies.
Oct 25, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting idea about toxins in our body as brought on by pollution, seeping chemicals from plastics, non-organic foods, etc. However, as my scientist husband pointed out, there's not a ton of cited research as to how much we're actually exposed to and the quantitative damage. However, being a nutrition freak, I'm still going to try the one-day detox, with seven days of prequel and three days of sequel. If anyone wants to know how it goes, I'll be done by Nov. 16 :)
Jan 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I lost 3 kilos doing this diet which took 11 days, and I feel great, but I got really tired of cooking every meal and it was harder in a place where you can't get all of the ingredients. I am a big fan! The only problem is that I don't think I want to follow the plan forever. I like sinful things too much, but I have examined some more food issues during this diet and will try to stick to many of the principles of the diet.
Feb 09, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good introduction to cleansing and detox - not really a one day detox diet - you eat differently for 1 week before the one-day detox 'fast' (not really a true fast either - taking liquids and supplements) - and then eating differently 3 days afterwards. She makes a good case for permanently changing your eating patterns - also outlines what else in our environment/diet that is toxic to our body - she is well documented and knowledgeable.
Mar 29, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is an easy read. Teaches you a lot about what your body does with food and helps you see how important it is to fast. The fast is suppose to be easy and prevent headaches or hunger pains. I am going to try it.
Jan 25, 2008 rated it really liked it
Very realistic way to detox your body without starving. 2nd week on it and love it. Enforces eating lots of veggies and drinking water..Very, Very simple..I thoroughly enjoyed this book and practicing the detox methods.
Judy Desetti
Aug 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Good book. I read it to see how different this related to the Fast, Intermittent eating plan, proposed by Dr Mosley. Lots of good info about how foods support our bodies. However, not an intermittent plan. This is one specifically designed to flush toxins, and done 1 - 3 times a year.
Mar 27, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Sounds like something that should be done a few times a year to clean out toxins from your body. It is also an eye opener to the kinds of toxins we all take in every day of our lives just from normal living.
Jan 11, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: green-living
Inspired by my friend Sandrine, I read this book as research into detox diets. I'm on the fence about whether or not to do a detox diet. I'll probably decide to skip it, unless one of you volunteer to do it with me.
Dani Janisch
Jan 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Not sure this is a goodreads title: but I read it, I am going to do it, and I will let you know how it went when I get done. As for the reading- redundant but good information, and clear plan to detox. I have never detoxed before, so I am very excited to see how I do without coffee.
Oct 23, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
read most of it, followed the diet and has worked out pretty well. There are some supplements in there I don't really think you need that she seems to urge you a little too much to buy from her site. The fasting day was a lot harder then she led on!
May 21, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This seems like a gimmick designed to kick-start weight loss and diet change, but I'm wary of any professional that uses the term "miracle juice".
Jan 01, 2009 rated it it was ok
I could not do the diet...and like Dr. E. Haas detox better.
Dec 31, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2009
In all fairness I didn't do the detox so I shouldn't have probably given it 2 stars. But after reading it I couldn't psych myself up to do it yet.
Feb 18, 2009 rated it it was ok
Read it because of my dad kept going on about it. It had some interesting information but I dont do the diet thing.
Michael Craigwell
It is a great book that requires discipline and setting a regimen.
Apr 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This book can fix your life. It fixed the stomach problems I'd had for years and relieved the headache I'd had for 8 months. Amazingly effective and safe and healthy detox.
Feb 05, 2011 rated it liked it
not sure this book belongs in my good reads page but i read the book to figure out a plan of attack for doing the detox diet. She gives clear instructon, i'll write back after i finish.
rated it it was ok
Nov 12, 2014
Nov 04, 2010
Jul 05, 2013
Mar 09, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Crazy Makers
  • Dangerous Grains: The Devastating Truth About Wheat and Gluten, and How to Restore Your Health
  • Life Without Bread: How a Low-Carbohydrate Diet Can Save Your Life
  • Caffeine Blues: Wake Up to the Hidden Dangers of America's #1 Drug
  • Dr. Abravanel's Body Type Diet and Lifetime Nutrition Plan
  • Fats That Heal, Fats That Kill
  • The Metabolic Typing Diet: Customize Your Diet To: Free Yourself from Food Cravings: Achieve Your Ideal Weight; Enjoy High Energy and Robust Health; Prevent and Reverse Disease
  • The World's Healthiest Foods: Essential Guide for the Healthiest Way of Eating
  • Know Your Fats: The Complete Primer for Understanding the Nutrition of Fats, Oils and Cholesterol
  • The Second Brain: A Groundbreaking New Understanding of Nervous Disorders of the Stomach and Intestine
  • Kiss Your Dentist Goodbye: A Do-It-Yourself Mouth Care System for Healthy, Clean Gums and Teeth
  • Our Stolen Future: Are We Threatening Our Fertility, Intelligence and Survival? A Scientific Detective Story
  • Eat Naked: Unprocessed, Unpolluted, and Undressed Eating for a Healthier, Sexier You
  • The Protein Power Lifeplan
  • Think Like a Pancreas: A Practical Guide to Managing Diabetes with Insulin
  • Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox: How a Little-Known Vitamin Could Save Your Life
  • Why Some Like It Hot: Food, Genes, and Cultural Diversity
  • Staying Healthy with Nutrition, rev: The Complete Guide to Diet and Nutritional Medicine
Dr. Ann Louise was recognized as one of the top ten nutritionists in the country by Self magazine and was the recipient of the American Medical Writers Association award for excellence.

She was the first to warn of the environmental hazards of parasites in her classic Guess What Came To Dinner? Parasites and Your Health. In Your Body Knows Best, Dr. Ann Louise was the first to discuss the blood typ
More about Ann Louise Gittleman...