Start by marking “La fille de papier” as Want to Read:
La fille de papier

La fille de papier

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  13,338 ratings  ·  1,584 reviews
Tom Boyd, un écrivain célèbre en panne d'inspiration, voit surgir dans sa vie l’héroïne de ses romans. Elle est jolie, elle est désespérée, elle va mourir s’il s’arrête d’écrire.
Impossible ? Et pourtant…
Ensemble, Tom et Billie vont vivre une aventure extraordinaire où la réalité et la fiction s’entremêlent et se bousculent dans un jeu séduisant et mortel...
Une comédie vive
Published March 31st 2010 by XO Editions

·  13,338 ratings  ·  1,584 reviews

Mario
Dec 04, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
First of all, I really love Guillaume Musso, some of his books are on my top favorite list. And I really enjoyed this book, up until last 40 pages, where all went downhill for me.
The 'big twist' at the end, left me feeling so betrayed as a reader, and I felt like it was so unnecessary. It made me hate some of the characters. I would love the book if it didn't happen. And some parts were so frustrating to read. Few times I wanted to throw this book out of the window and have a car ran over it.
I w
Tatevik Najaryan
First thing normal people do when are in a new country - sightseeing, buying souvenirs, visiting old cathedrals or castles. And guess what I do... That's right! Finding bookstores - big ones, kind of hiperbookstores or littlest ones lost in forgotten streets. All are taken into consideration. No exceptions.
This book was on the most visible shelves in almost every bookstore. Please!!!
As if it ever counted for me to read what everyone else reads.

description

But, yeah, I did. However, what was more important
Sharfina Kiasati
Honestly, I didn't particularly like the story line because it was slow and less conflicts. but I really like Lilly's character who plays Billie. She played her part well. And the ending? Oh, it really surprised me. I never thought it would end up like that. It was a very good ending tho.
Amanda
May 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Anyone who has ever talked to me knows that I have a tendency of over analyzing things,(and now all of you who come across this review will know that too), it doesn't matter what, it can be everyday moments, words, songs, gestures, books, really, if it can be thought of I can over analyze it.
Sometimes that is a bad thing, I often miss interpret people or think things are way more deep than they are, also , because of this, I have the incredible ability of making the easiest things as confusing
Hamza
Dec 31, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novels
I didn't like it.
At the beginning I found the idea of the story nice and creative, but the development of the storyline and the series of events was not as I expected.
This text is surely wonderful as a Hollywood movie script, but not as a novel.
Lynn
Apr 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction-womens
The Girl on Paper is the antithesis of fiction. I picked this book up purely because of the striking cover and the drop line that "She fell out of a book....." Previously never being drawn to Musso's work I was intrigued by the premise of this story, which reminded me of Cornelia Funke's brilliant Inkheart series and wondered how it could be transferred into the adult market.

Starting with such a depressive note made it easier for the characters to evolve by the introspection of their lives toget
Shawky Menisy
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That type of delightful mood boosting novel, still touching and deep...
I had really attached to the characters...
It let you dream and imagine every character, place or move in a magical way...
Put back your day and travel into its world,, it will put a smile into your face and nourish your soul...
Finally don't tell your friend about the ending :)
Ivi
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The writer became horrifically boring to me, although the book is good!!! ;))) p.s. I recommend that he should stop writing novels like this! :D
R.A.Y
Sep 07, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
WTH I'M CURRENTLY WRITING A NOVEL WITH SIMILAR PREMISE
Dhimitrula
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Why there aren't 6 stars for Musso's books?
Leticia
Oct 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just wow.
While reading it, I didn’t realize I appreciated it that much.
It’s a story of healing, friendship, finding your passion again, and learning how to love.
Loved it.
Alexis
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: french
Ack, I didn’t care for this book. Every time a character is introduced, there’s a paragraph describing their appearance, personality, and how they feel about each of the other characters. Show, don’t tell!

I found the narrator genuinely unlikeable. Later in the novel he’s more tolerable, but when he spends the first 100 pages moping, that doesn’t start us on good terms. Nor did I care for the celebrity world of privilege in which he operates.

Not to mention how unrealistic the whole thing is. Not
Cheryl
May 19, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think the idea of this book is quite exciting but the execution is poor. To be able to pull off the idea the author needed to really commit to the fantasy side of the book and I felt that at the end they chickened out. Also it felt like it was written for film optioning rather than for the joy of reading. Ultimately I felt the author made some strange plot choices with no clear reason or development for doing so. Could do much better!
Aseel Mujahed
First of all this book is to long for its polt !
I really liked the characters in this book: tom carol millo belli ,

I liked that the writer refere to some of the characters from his previous books even if that didn't help the story but that made it real !!
For me i didnt like the outline of this story ,
Im must say that even though the end wasnt expected its also not that good !!
But i musr say that this writer is genius for createing this kind of story
Thuý Diệu Lê
This book is fabulous. I love the fine line between reality and fantasy. The romance in here is breathtaking. I find myself in Billie and find my romance in theirs. It helps bring back so many memories that make me cry. We can get a lot of life advices and lessons from this book. We can see that people in this world appreciate books so much. The combination of love, friendship, and book respect. Highly recommended! You will have a really light, fluffy and happy reading time.
Nina
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-in-books
Normally, I'm not a big fan of French books so my hopes weren't that high. I. Was. Wrong.
This book blew my mind! The French wasn't hard at all and the storyline reminded me of a fairytale. Musso's style of writing is something special. It's like you're really part of the story, not just an outsider. Absolutely a must to read!
Rayene Mammeri
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
finishing the book at 1 am, in the first hours of a new days, asking myself: does this happens every time i finish one of Musso's books, this is fascinating how this book made me feel, beautiful story wonderfully made, simply its musso's style ♡
Dominique Fortin
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
OMG
Paul
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was first introduced to this author by someone I seen in a long time but the author stuck with me. His way of writing characters shine off the page and for me at least means I all ways end up feeling a deep connection to them. This time the author chose to set his book on the themes of a writer who is struggling to live up to his own hype and also the trouble he is facing in his personal life.

Once again the author managed to captivate me from the first few chapters. We are first introduced
Jacq Jacq
This book gave us adventure of Tom (author) and Bille (his come-to-life fictional character girl) to Mexico to get back Tom's ex girlf. Billie promised to help him and in return Tom had to write down the last book of his superbestseller trilogy to make Billie return to fictional world.

While, Tom's besties, Milo and Carole, tried to catch the last printed book to save Billie's life.

On their journeys, each of them learned new things about each other and things grew.

We also got the journey of that
Aya Mohammed
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Guillaume Musso ❤ my favorite writer. I just love the way he writes his novels
when it comes to review Guillaume's books I really can't find the right words to express how much i enjoyed it .
Just Put it on ur "to read list" & u won't regret it 👍🏻
Dana Maff
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The ending was exactly how I expected, and that still did not stop me from being completely charmed and amazed by this story until the last word. Love it.
Salma Khamis
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has a bit of everything; it's got adventure (i thought i wouldn't enjoy adventures but daamn i did), some politics, magic, friends, a book inception(haha), and romance. What else would you want in a book, it's got some dark elements too, and a lot of funny moments.
The writing was just soo good, i felt like i was inside of their heads all the time (well it's told in multi perspective so yeah), and that i could understand what they're doing and why. I was a bit disappointed because we d
Shaz Goodwin
Aug 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Through a series of newspaper/magazine articles and emails the reader gains an insight into Tom’s success, Aurore’s success and the rise and fall of their relationship. I thought this was a unique way to give the reader background!

The story opens with Tom’s best friend and ‘business’ partner Milo trying to get into Tom’s luxury home in Malibu Colony. Breaking in he finds Tom unconscious and surrounded by pill boxes. Milo manages to get him out of his home. We find out that the special edition of
Rosie
Dec 26, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2012
The idea of this book intrigued me straight away. The idea of a depressed, confused, writer on the road to self destruction over “his one true love”, saved by a character in his own novel. Now, for some this could seem quite far-fetched however it was pulled off fairly well. Hearing a summary of this book you know things aren’t going to be straight forward and you’re right.

Like I said, the plot was a great idea and an interesting one. However, towards the end I felt that it was going off the po
Giovanna
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so... My best friend pretty much shoved this book in my direction and told me I had to read it. And as a good friend, I trusted her words and decided to give it a chance. I slightly regret it now.
Do not confuse my regret for not liking the book. Because I did. My regret is completely connected to the fact that the book gave me so much anxiety and I was almost on life support by the end.
At the beggining I wasn't that commited to this story, but as the pages went on, I found myself stuck in
Aya
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I got offered this book by one of my dearest friends. I've been wanting to read it for so long, mostly because I remember having devoured the previous one (Seras-tu là?) so avidly. And, once again, I was far from disappointed. The plot is worked out so amazingly that you find yourself driven by the constant need to run through the pages in order to connect the dots and get the fuller picture. It's an absolute page-turner.
This book covered pretty much all the issues and frames of mind authors go
Erica Cavyn
Jan 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!

Our first French book for this year was one we could choose! I didn't know that this book would turn out this good to be honest. Of all the books I've read for my French classes in all those years, this one was the most surprising and best one I've ever read. I'd even recommend it to read it in French! The characters are great, the plot is amazing and the ending will surprise you.

Full review on my blog: http://toreadornotbyerica.blogspot.be...
A.M Bells
Dec 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010
Wow. I got this book as a present. Early...:D
But wow. As a writer I sometimes wish some of my charas to come out the story and be real.
Well, this what happened to Tom Boyd. And what an adventure. And also the book crossing thing was amazing. I cried like a baby in the end and I was totally taken by surprise with the ending. Fabulous!
Katy
Oct 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This took me a few chapters to really get into but the characters were well-developed and it did draw me in. The author is wiley.... he had me fallling for it every step of the way adn then subverted my expectations! I really enjoyed the twist in the book and the chance it gave the characters for a happy ending. A very interesting idea of a book.
Goodreads Librari...: Could you please combine those books? 3 16 Apr 28, 2018 05:41AM

• Seven Days for an Eternity
  • Mi piaci da morire
  • Oracle Della Luna (L')
  • L'ipotesi del male
  • تحت أقدام الأمهات
  • Kaleb, Saison I (Kaleb, #1)
  • تحت سماء كوبنهاغن
One of the most popular authors in France today. From his early childhood with reading books and plays, Guillaume Musso became convinced that one day, he too would write novels. After finishing high school in France, Guillaume Musso left for the United States at the age of 19. He spent several months in New York City, living with other young foreigners and earning his money by selling ice-cream. H ...more
“إن الروابط تُعقَد وتنفرط، هذه هي الحياة. ذات صباح، يظل واحد ويرحل الثاني من دون أن نعرف أبداً لماذا. لا أستطيع منح كل شيءٍ للآخر، وسيف داموقليس ذاك معلق فوق رقبتي. لا أريد بناء حياتي على المشاعر، لأن المشاعر تتبدل. إنها هشة وغير أكيدة. إنك تعتقد أنها عميقة، بينما هي خاضعة لتنورة عابرة أو ابتسامة مصطنعة. إني أمارس الموسيقى لأن الموسيقى لن تفارق حياتي. إني أحب الكتب، لأن الكتب ستظل دوماً هنا. ثم... إني لا أعرف أناساً يحبون بعضهم مدى الحياة.” 54 likes
“سوف تكون محبوبا في اليوم الذي تستطيع فيه إظهار نقاط ضعفك من دون أن يستخدمها الآخر لزيادة قوته

سيزار بافيز”