Start by marking “Courting Miss Lancaster (The Lancaster Family #2)” as Want to Read:
Courting Miss Lancaster (The Lancaster Family #2)

Courting Miss Lancaster (The Lancaster Family #2)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  5,257 Ratings  ·  745 Reviews
Harry Windower adores blonde, green-eyes Athena Lancaster, but alas, a penniless man like himself has no hope of winning a young noblewoman's hand. To add insult to injury, Athena's brother-in-law and guardian, the Duke of Kielder, has asked Harry to assist Athena in finding a gentleman of her dreams. But the lovesick Harry is cunning as well: as the weeks pass, he introdu ...more
Published March 8th 2010 by Covenant Communications Inc (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Courting Miss Lancaster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Courting Miss Lancaster

Kathy * Bookworm Nation
I always enjoy this one!

Poor Harry has fallen for someone completely out of his reach, the beautiful Athena Lancaster, the sister-in-law to his best friend the dreaded Duke of Kielder. Not only is Harry penniless and therefore unsuitable himself, he has be given the task to help the Duke sort out and find a suitable match for Athena. I loved the twist Harry takes in his matchmaking attempts, instead of introducing men Athena might like, he introduces men with questionable characteristics with t
Tandie
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of lighthearted, clean regency romance
First of all, the cover is off putting. The woman isn't ugly, it's just weird and cheesy looking. Especially when compared to Eden's Friends and Foes. It shouldn't matter, but I suppose it does a little since I took this long to read Courting Miss Lancaster. Even the title is unexceptional.

The story is sweet and fun! Can you believe that a book can be fluffy and romantic, despite an uninspiring cover? I think there might be a saying about that...anyhoo, I digress.

Athena and her brood of matchy-n
Janette
Jun 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I'll admit right off that I'm slightly biased about Sarah Eden's book because she is one of my favorite people. If you are ever lucky enough to be at a conference where she's teaching, go to her class. Trust me. She's a riot.

I've already read Sarah's book Seeking Persephone, so I was glad to see Adam and Harry again. This time Harry is the hero and the book switches pov between him and Athena.

I loved the humor between Adam and Harry. In fact, I have to say I was a lot more engrossed in their rel
Kathleen
A Regency Romance

Book 2 of the series, set in London in 1806, a year after book 1 began. I enjoyed this Regency Romance, but unfortunately what I liked most were the scenes that involved Adam, the Duke of Kielder, from book 1, Seeking Persephone. Adam plays a key role in this book, both alone and with his Duchess, Persephone. Adam has become legal guardian to his wife's four siblings, including her sister Athena (the heroine). So...as guardian, Adam must play the noble knight and ride to Athena'
Kathy
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
After reading Romancing Daphne I had to go back and read the other books in this series. I didn't like this one quite as much as Romancing Daphne but it is still a great book! Looking forward to reading the other one in this series.

Content: Clean
Deborah
Jun 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Sarah M. Eden was put on this earth to be a writer. Yes. She. Was. I love her books. I just love them. They are clean, fun, witty and everything you need in a sweet romance. It's not just the fact that it all ends with a "happily ever after." It's the fact that the story is so well written along the way that you enjoy it up until there is the happily ever after.

I think the reason I loved this one so much was the fact that I adored Harry. I loved how sweet he was. I love the fact that he was kin
Kate
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fifth star because I’ve never before read a novelist who could so effectively replace the first-sex-scene in modern romance novels with steamy handholding. Harry, in love with Athena but too poor to court her, offers to help screen her suitors for her misanthropic brother-in-law, but is certain he ought to persuade her to be pickier so introduces her to less than thrilling suitors. Much better than the third book. There is not enough interaction among the sisters, or really among any of the prot ...more
herdys
Apr 17, 2017 rated it liked it
This was such a sweet and fluffy book. Not as angsty as the first one but the romance was pretty simple. So happy our dear Harry got his bride! Plus we get to see more of Adam and Persephone and their married life! Also, Adam and Daphne's interactions were the best! :")
Katie W
Apr 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
What a fun Regency romance!! Athena's indimadating brother-in-law, who happens to be a duke, is in charge of launching her into society. Of course Adam has no interest in doing so, so he forces his best friend, Harry, to weed of the bad ones. Little does Adam know, but Harry is secretly in love with Athena, which makes his job.....not so fun.

The characters were pure fun!! Adam is such a tough, grumpy guy, with a secret tender heart; Persephone is so sweet; Harry is hilarious and fun; Athena is a
Kristen
May 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
1/17/18 - Sigh, just love these books. They are a go-to clean and romantic read.

12/26/13 - I'm not sure why I had only given it 4 stars before...love Eden's books.

12/20/12 - Just re-read...I LOVE Adam & Harry. They are such great characters!!!

10/14/11 - Just read it again today. So cute!

5/20/10-
This book was so cute, I loved it. It was a little predictable from the get-go but it was fun to see how it all played out. I wish I could get my hands on her other books!

Clean, clean, clean!
Tito
I loved Harry and Athena almost as much as Persephone and Adam from the first book, and that's saying a lot. Well written, cute, and very enjoyable.

Heather
OH WOW!! I LOVED THIS SO MUCH!!!! It doesn't happen very often, but once in a while I come across a book that I loved so much that I have a hard time getting into my next book. That is what happened after reading Seeking Persephone and then this back to back! I loved them so much. Now I keep starting books and puting them down and try something else because nothing is living up to these two books! I keep wanting THIS story I think! The romance IS the story. There's nothing rivoting or exciting t ...more
Miss Clark
Feb 23, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
Jen
Jan 06, 2014 rated it liked it
This is the sequel to Seeking Persephone which I loved. Courting Miss Lancaster is a very short jaunt back into the lives of Persephone, Adam, and Harry. Only this time it's fun loving Harry who is in love with Persephone's sister and has been given the task of finding a suitable match for Athena (Persephone's sister). Instead of finding good matches he finds the most awkward, and annoying men because he wants her all for himself. All in all a cute fun read, but not nearly the caliber of Mrs. Ed ...more
Anne Osterlund
Jul 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Harry has a problem. His best friend, Adam, has just ordered him to help find an appropriate match for Adam’s ward, Athena. Something that would be much easier if a. Harry wasn’t in love with Athena and b. Harry was in any kind of financial situation to marry her. Instead, he’s basically supposed to make certain she doesn’t marry anyone like him.

Athena has been dreaming of a London season her entire life: how she will look across a crowded ballroom and suddenly see the man who will no doubt be p
Alice
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazing. I knew "Courting Miss Lancaster" was one of my new favorite Regencies by the end of chapter 1! It had me laughing from the first page right to the very end! The characters were perfect, witty, charming, intriguing, and hilarious! Harry Windover reminded me of Johnny Lee Miller's portrayal of Mr. Knightley, and Athena reminded me of an odd mix of Emma Woodhouse and Catherine Moorland. I loved both of them so much! Adam and Persephone were incredible too, and SO funny! (I'm really looking ...more
Nicole
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fiction, regency, clean, comedy
Shelves: favorites
I wish I could give this a 6 star rating! I have not laughed so often over a book in a long time! The charming characters and delightful wit had me thoroughly engaged in the story and completely sold on the idea of reading more from this author.
"Courting Miss Lancaster" is book two in a series, but having read just the synopsis for book 1 (Seeking Persephone), I didn't feel lost in the plot. I would, however, like to go back and read #1, because I thoroughly enjoyed the role those characters pla
Debbie Cranberry Fries
I adored this book from start to finish. The characters were endearing and I love a good lead man, which Harry did not disappoint. Don't worry though, this book wasn't too fluffy or anything. I really thought Sarah did a fabulous job making me care about the characters and want to be invested in what was happening.
Aubrey
Mar 01, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Tells the story of Adam's best friend Harry, from "Seeking Persephone". Ah, the agony of being responsible for finding a suitable match for the woman you are secretly in love with yourself. Not to be missed!
Lisa
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love how this one picked up where the last book left off. Not quite as good as Persephone’s story, but still really great. I never would have read it though just judging by the cover. It looks so corny!
Carol
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was fun. Easy read that just made me smile.
Kelly
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sigh! That is all!
I'm a fan for life for Sarah Eden's books!!
Chantele Sedgwick
So cute. Can't wait for book 3!
Reina
Una aventura llena de enredos, líos amorosos y mucha diversión.

Uno de los mayores aciertos de la autora es la delimitación del carácter de los personajes; cada uno tiene personalidades muy marcadas y distintivas que mantienen consistentes durante todo el libro. No me siento libre para hablar sobre su construcción o evolución, pues esta es una secuela y no sé de dónde proviene cada uno. Lo que sí me ha encantado es el agradable sentido del humor que la autora le ha conferido a cada personaje. Mín
Candice
Oct 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Preface: This is a strange review for me!

First of all, after reading the whole book, I am just crazy about the love story Ms. Eden wrote. And that is a rare thing for me when it comes to books; I'm usually pretty picky. I would LOVE to read more just like it. To add, I was beginning to think I was losing interest in love stories (especially with all the immoral crap that is being included now) until this one blew me away.

However, through the first third of the book, her writing drove me a little
Stacey
Feb 16, 2011 rated it liked it
Prudence
Apr 04, 2011 rated it liked it
I think this book was well written, though a little boring. That they may sound harsh since their are definately some entertaining parts. However, if I am able to set a book down for two or three days before I come back to it, thats a pretty good indicater that the plot isn't enough to seize my attention. The plot had great possibilities and for the most part worked, but it moved forward in a mundane fashion. Maybe I just expect to be thrilled a little more,wanting the characters to take more ch ...more
Melissa
May 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Melanyie
Oh I love Eden's books! It is amazing how they hold me till I finish. She doesn't need lots of action and page turning suspense to get you through her books. They are just a well written love story that doesn't let you go till you know the ending. I really have had a harder time reading Austen novels as I've gotten older, because the language is hard to get threw, but I crave those English romances and I get it with Eden's books. I liked the characters in this novel they are what held me and kep ...more
Tonileg
Aug 29, 2014 rated it it was ok
English historical romance with a besotted poor gentleman who has to help his best friend bring out a beautiful richly dowered ward when all he wants is to marry her himself.
Harry Windower has been in love with Miss Athena Lancaster since the marriage of her sister to his best friend, the Duke of Kielder. The episodes with the Duke were hilarious and I might have to go back and read his story because he is really a beast of a man.
The usual shenanigans ensue when Harry introduces Athena to all th
Cheri
Mar 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is the sequel to Seeking Persephone. I loved this book!!
Harry is a penniless man who adores Athena Lancaster. Athena's brother-in-law is the Duke of Kielder; he asks Harry to help find Athena the man of her dreams. Harry decides that he wants Athena for himself but alas he is just a penniless fortune hunter; Harry decides to introduce those gentlemen who have character flaws to Athena; because he doesn't want her to fall in love. I loved the books quick wit and laughed out loud.
Just read it
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 21, 2014 11:39AM
  • Lady Emma's Campaign
  • Captive Heart
  • The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2)
  • The Legend of Shannonderry
  • Summer Campaign
  • The Light of the Lover's Moon
  • Twitterpated
  • Lord Fenton's Folly
  • My Fair Gentleman
  • The Widower's Wife

The Lancaster Family (4 books)
  • Seeking Persephone (The Lancaster Family #1)
  • Romancing Daphne (The Lancaster Family #3)
  • Loving Lieutenant Lancaster (The Lancaster Family, #4)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
“I have no desire to spend every night of the next few months at balls and soirees or drowning in tea with morning callers.” 15 likes
“I have found that sometimes a person is the last to know when she is in love. One's heart does not always share it's secrets with one's mind.” 11 likes