Start by marking “Solo Command (Star Wars: X-Wing, #7)” as Want to Read:
Solo Command (Star Wars: X-Wing, #7)

Solo Command (Star Wars: X-Wing #7)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  6,906 Ratings  ·  80 Reviews
Wraith Squadron: they are the Rebel Alliance's ultimate strike force. Sleek, swift, and deadly, they are the first in battle, the last line of defense. Now they must find and destroy a wily enemy more powerful than the Empire itself.

Their covert mission has been a success. The enemy has been vanquished. Or so they thought. The Super Star Destroyer Iron Fist somehow escaped
Published February 1999 by Spectra

To ask other readers questions about Solo Command, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Solo Command

J.
Apr 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
You know, it’s hard to remember a year where I read fifteen books cover-to-cover let alone a time when I’ve done so in four months time. At this rate I’ll have read sixty novels by the end of the year. That’s not the entirety of the expanded universe but it’s gettig there. By my calculations I should be able to get through the New Jedi Order series by December.

But today I’m finishing up the main chunk of the X-Wing series, with Solo Command, which I will say is a step up from the previous book b
Ian Miller
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: military-scifi
When people ask me what my favorite Star Wars book is, I usually say either Vision of the Future by Timothy Zahn, or Starfighters of Adumar by Aaron Allston.

But sometimes, I say Solo Command.

It's tricky, naming this as a favorite. It's the third in a trilogy, seventh in a series, and greatly dependent on all that has come before for its emotional impact.

But that emotional impact is so heavy, and so satisfying, that some days, I just don't care.

It's my favorite on those days. The slow thawing of
Ron
Sep 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
A solid four, if not, more. A rousing story, well told. He actually involved iconic SW character in his story, not just as walk-on cameos.

Allston not only brings his trilogy to a satisfying conclusion, but bridges the gap between books written before his own series.

The Millennium Falsehood was a nice touch.
David
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I continue to love this series, but one issue I had with this last book in the Wraith Trilogy is that you know the ending ahead of time. "The Courtship of Princess Leia" was written years before, so you know the fate of Warlord Zsinj there. That being said, it was still an entertaining book. Elaasar Targon was an excellent addition, bringing some great comedic relief. The situation with Lara Notsil and Myn Donos comes to a head. It's just nice having characters that feel like actual human beings ...more
Steph
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Solid 4 stars for the first two, but this one deserves 4.5. Not quite as good as the Stackpole Xwing series, as I liked the characters and story arc in his better. Allston does provide better character development though and more complex characters and story, if in some instances a little ridiculous.

The plausibility of some of the side plots and characterisations knocked it down from 5, as did the death of a favourite original Rogue (from the comics), but still a quality addition to the EU.
Rafael
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The "real" conclusion to the X-Wing novel series, everything that comes later is just footnotes. Or, rather - what Star Wars lacked after the focus on the Skywalker-Jedi-plotline was a depiction of the war and the life outside of the progress of the core characters. The "X-Wing" series got that done for the galaxy far, far away, but once it had it accomplished, the series gradually lost its raison d'etre; a right conclusion at the right time.
Dave
Jun 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
A solid and action packed adventure in the Star Wars universe.
Nom Chompsky
Jun 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars
Really excited to see what comes next with the warlord, but this book's Manchurian candidate motif, lackluster space battles, and flat depiction of Han Solo take it down two stars without question.
Damien Rappuhn
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loose plot threads built up over the past three novels come together to weave a tapestry of tension and dramatic suspense. This was a great book.
Ian Reay
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: star-wars
This is my second re-read of the epic novel "Solo Command" is the seventh volume in the X-Wing series and is the concluding book of Aaron Allston's trilogy about exploits of the Wraith Squadron founded by Wedge Antilles. To give a quick refresher, Wraith Squadron was formed because Wedge's Rogue Squadron was so well known as being the best that anytime the Rogues were dispatched on a mission any chance of covertness was eliminated. While the Rogues were the best of the best, a Star Wars Top Gun ...more
  • Isard's Revenge (Star Wars: X-Wing, #8)
  • Tales from the New Republic (Star Wars)
  • Traitor (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #13)
  • Jedi Healer (Medstar, #2)
  • The Final Prophecy (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #18)
  • Tatooine Ghost (Star Wars)
  • The Hutt Gambit (Star Wars: The Han Solo Trilogy, #2)
  • Survivor's Quest (Star Wars)
  • Showdown at Centerpoint (Star Wars: The Corellian Trilogy, #3)
  • Hero's Trial (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #4)
  • Dark Journey (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #10)
  • Destiny's Way (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #14)
  • Refugee (Force Heretic, #2) (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #16)

Star Wars: X-Wing (10 books)
  • Rogue Squadron (Star Wars: X-Wing, #1)
  • Wedge's Gamble (Star Wars: X-Wing, #2)
  • The Krytos Trap (Star Wars: X-Wing, #3)
  • The Bacta War (Star Wars: X-Wing, #4)
  • Wraith Squadron (Star Wars: X-Wing, #5)
  • Iron Fist (Star Wars: X-Wing, #6)
  • Isard's Revenge (Star Wars: X-Wing, #8)
  • Starfighters of Adumar (Star Wars: X-Wing, #9)
  • Mercy Kill (Star Wars: X-Wing, #10)
“Rogue Squadron doesn’t run. Unless we really, really have to."
"No, this will be Wraith Squadron’s mission."
"We don’t mind running. Even when we don’t have to.”
21 likes
“Welcome aboard Mon Remonda. Let’s get the rest of your pilots in... so I can get out of this torture suit."
"But, sir, I was just going to say how smart you looked in your uniform. I think we ought to stay here, in uniform, a couple of hours so the holographers can capture the image. You know, for the historians."
"Wedge, I think I’m going to have you killed."
"Yes, sir. I trust you’ll wear your dress uniform for an event like that.”
9 likes