Start by marking “Class Dis-Mythed (Myth Adventures, #16)” as Want to Read:
Class Dis-Mythed (Myth Adventures, #16)

Class Dis-Mythed

(Myth Adventures #16)

Skeeve took some time off as a court magician, to study magic and relax. Few months later he trains some talented, young magicians in practical magic... But after the assassins attack, the Khlad mage discovers that there is more going on than learning. His students are preparing for a deadly magical game and you won't believe where.
Published September 14th 2005 by Meisha Merlin Publishing (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Class Dis-Mythed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Class Dis-Mythed

Start your review of Class Dis-Mythed (Myth Adventures, #16)
Neil
Nov 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Book 16 from the Myth Adventures series, and this one almost sees a return to the humour and style of the original books. Maybe it is solely down to the fact that once again things are narrated from Skeeve's point of view. Most of the original characters feature somewhere along the line, and there are also reappearances of Markie and Don Bruce.
Regular readers of the series will be aware that Skeeve has taken a sabbatical from MYTH Inc, so that he can apply himself to his magical studies. These s
Nighteye
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-but-read
A fast and really funny read!!
I must say that this book, together with the short stories in vol 13, is the best of the Jody Lyn Nye and Robert Asprin colaborations so far. Nice illustrations also helps to brighten the reading spirits!
Skeeve, a loosy magican with a way to big reputation, get's his first apprentices... without anyone noticing him he get a bunch newcombers from a lot of diffirent places... with a lot of diffirent attetudes towards each other. He try to do his best and the chaos tha
Chappy
Mar 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, goal-1000-books
Not bad, but also not great. We get to see the introduction of many brand new characters, which I hope to see in future books. With only three books to go I can’t imagine there will be many huge revelations or series changes to come.
It was great to hang out with Skeeve and Gleep more than anyone else. Let’s get the old gang back together for the rest of the series shall we ? It was also brilliant to hear from characters long since forgotten like don Bruce.
So in summary, funny and fun as regula
David Szatkowski
This is always a fun series. But, due to the way that characters re-appear and subplots run over multiple books, it is best to read them in order. Much like cotton candy for the mind, but filled with puns, this series is a great way to relax and have fun.
D.L. Morrese
Skeeve, still technically on sabbatical, become a teacher for a trio of Pervects, a Klahd, and a couple others. The hardest part of the job is getting them to cooperate.
Another fun fantasy. Worth a reread on occasion.
Kristoffer
Fun times!!
Thomas
Dec 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, 2016, humor
If there's one book in the new series that feels like the old books, this is it. Skeeve, in his self-exile from M.Y.T.H. Inc. to learn proper magik, is saddled with several people who want to learn magik themselves, so he becomes the teacher to a bunch of apprentices. They're a various crew, all related to other characters who have appeared in the series (one of them is the nephew of Markie, who was last seen as the antagonist in Little Myth Marker), and Skeeve comes up with ways to teach them t ...more
Ron Arden
If you have never read a MYTH book, you are in for a treat, but I wouldn't start with this one. This story starts after MYTH, Inc. has dissolved and Skeeve (actually The Great Skeeve) is on a sabbatical. For those of you familiar with Asprin's world of insanity, this is a good one.

Skeeve is off studying on Klahd and Aahz, his former partner, sees an opportunity to make a buck. Six young people of various species and magical abilities want to get some practical experience in magic (or magikal art
Patricia Hamill
Class Dis-Mythed takes us back to Skeeve, who's on a long-term hiatus on his home dimension, Klahd, trying to become the awesome magician everyone thinks he is. But somehow trouble always manages to find him. This time, trouble comes in the form of a random group of young magician wannabes who are looking for instruction from The Great Skeeve in practical magic.

This installment seems to be everything I've always loved about the Myth series. Robert Aspirin and Jodie Lynn Nye wrote it together, an
Heather
May 19, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was delighted with this book because it was a return to Skeeve being the narrator. The last book was narrated by Aahz. While I love Aahz (and the other M.Y.T.H. characters), it's more fun to hear about Aahz's overreactions from an outside point of view than read his internal dialogue and imagine his "reasonable" reactions exploding on a casual bystander.

Even though I figured out the direction the last quarter of the book was going to take fairly early on, I still enjoyed the classic theme of
Wayne Baxter
Jul 13, 2008 rated it really liked it
The Myth Adventures have been one of my favorite reads since I picked the first story up in comic book format back the late '80s.

My favorite character has always been Skeeve. From the time that he was naught but a ignorant Klahd just trying to understand this big confusing world of magic, to this book as the Great Skeeve training up young wand wavers in real world magic use.

He's always modest, always locked in perpetual self doubt. He doubts because he confuses knowledge for skill, and therefo
This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For
Robert Asprin's Myth series has long been a favorite of mine although, like many long-running series, it has degraded through time. This book, though, is one of the better ones in a long time and although not up there with the very best of the series may be the best one since the revival with Jody Lynn Nye.
Millerbug
I'm so happy to be back with the gang from M.Y.T.H. Inc.! This one was a great read for such a big time gap from this book and the last. Not quite as good as the others, but still it was really fun! I forgot about Gleep! I adore Gleep! At any rate, a fun read and I'm looking forward to the other three!
Doc Opp
Aug 28, 2007 rated it really liked it
The best new Myth book since Nye became a co-author. Unfortunately, such a fast read that I finished it before the plane landed and had to spend an hour and a half staring at the seat in front of me.
Sep 30, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Another fine installment in the Myth Adventures - when Skeeve takes time off for his own studies, he finds himself teaching a group of young magicians the tools of the trade. Some old favorities, such as Markie, Tanda and Bunny all make appearences.
Jack
Jan 13, 2008 rated it really liked it
Another of the wonderful "Myth" series of comedies from Asprin. I actually liked this one better than the last couple ones.

It was just what I needed as far as mind-candy, considering the week I've had.
Walt
Feb 09, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This book revists some of the characters of the earlier novels and their "relatives." It is a very cute story about friendship and teamwork. It has some comedy; but its strength is in the uplifting message, unusual in Asprin's myth books.
Wolfkin
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reread for the second time iirc. A solid Skeeve book. I remember around this time those are kinda rare. I need to download more books to my phone so I don't keep rereading stuff I've already read when I'm on commutes.
Terry Slaton
Jun 13, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fast quick and fun read that kept me entertained and surprised me at the end.
Theresa
Dec 18, 2009 rated it really liked it
My first book from the series and definitely not the last. A very funny, clever, modern fantasy!
Jackie
Jul 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was ok but not as good as his older stuff in this set.
Ravenfire
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: must-read
A jumbled collection of random encounters amongst the MYTH crew - poor continuity with flat, boring characters that do not maintain stable personalities.
Oliver
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
new characters make new stories possible and the book one of the best myths in years.
Jason Browell
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice light hearted read.
Dick Harding
Sep 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
A sci fi fantasy book which I think is aimed for young people. But the author has a good sense of humor.
Tim Hicks
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
If you like Skeeve books, here's another one with an acceptably plausible plot.
There really isn't much more to say.
He's more mature this time, and sharing what he's learned.
Tony Matthews
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this one
Renee Brown
The fun continues in Asprin's Myth series as Skeeve becomes a teacher - with some very interesting students!
Ken Ritchart
Jan 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Great fun. Missed the old gang but kept the charm of the early books in the series.
Watch Good Boys 2019 Movie Online For Free and Full HD 1 15 Sep 05, 2019 10:48AM
So far this is his best yet 1 8 Jul 13, 2008 04:33PM

• Piranesi
  • All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten
  • Why We Can't Wait
  • The Mystwick School of Musicraft
  • Demon Magic and a Martini (The Guild Codex: Spellbound, #4)
  • Return of the Thief (The Queen's Thief, #6)
  • Monster Hunter Guardian (Monster Hunter International, #7)
  • Psalm Basics for Catholics: Seeing Salvation History in a New Way
  • Wally Roux, Quantum Mechanic
  • Two Witches and a Whiskey (The Guild Codex: Spellbound #3)
  • Castle (The Seventh Tower, #2)
  • Bloodleaf (Bloodleaf, #1)
  • Aenir (The Seventh Tower, #3)
  • The Garden: A Spiritual Fable about Ways to Overcome Fear, Anxiety, and Stress
  • Conviction (Scattered Stars #1)
  • A Question of Faith
  • Space Rogues
  • The Lunatic Cafe (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #4)
Robert (Lynn) Asprin was born in 1946. While he wrote some stand alone novels such as Cold Cash War, Tambu and The Bug Wars and also the Duncan and Mallory Illustrated stories, Bob is best known for his series fantasy, such as the Myth Adventures of Aahz and Skeeve, the Phule’s Company novels and the Time Scout novels written with Linda Evans. He also edited the groundbreaking Thieves’ World antho ...more

Myth Adventures (1 - 10 of 23 books)
  • Another Fine Myth (Myth Adventures, #1)
  • Myth Conceptions (Myth Adventures, #2)
  • Myth Directions (Myth Adventures, #3)
  • Hit or Myth (Myth Adventures, #4)
  • Myth-ing Persons (Myth Adventures, #5)
  • Little Myth Marker (Myth Adventures, #6)
  • M.Y.T.H. Inc. Link (Myth Adventures, #7)
  • Myth-Nomers and Im-Pervections (Myth Adventures, #8)
  • M.Y.T.H. Inc. in Action (Myth Adventures, #9)
  • Sweet Myth-Tery of Life (Myth Adventures, #10)

News & Interviews