Start by marking “The Pathwork of Self-Transformation” as Want to Read:
The Pathwork of Self-Transformation

The Pathwork of Self-Transformation

For more than twenty years, noted therapist Eva Pierrakos was the channel for a spirit entity known only as the Guide. Combining rare psychological depth and insight with an inspiring vision of human possibility, the Guide's teachings, known as the Pathwork, have influenced many New Age thinkers. Now the core teachings of the Guide have been collected in one volume ...more
Published April 1st 1990 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about The Pathwork of Self-Transformation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Pathwork of Self-Transformation

Start your review of The Pathwork of Self-Transformation
Lara
Sep 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This is a kind of self-therapy book. I learned how to find out about my uncounscious patterns of thoughts and transform myself for better feelings, emotions and better life. This book really enriched my life.
Jann
May 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual, favorites
If you've had enough of therapy, and you would like to know why you don't have inner peace, and how you can find it. . . and . . . if you are open-minded. . . or even if you are not open-minded, but you STILL have a longing for inner peace. . .check this out. This review also applies to all of Eva Pierrakos's book.
Nathalie
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-collection
A must-read book for anyone doing consciousness work - it's saturated with powerful, eloquent wisdom that is explained in a practical way. I will refer to this again and again, and it's provided invaluable guidance for the next step in my personal evolution!
Kalonia
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There's a bible for everyone

Simple. When a book changes your life. Creates a current of good within and without. Joins the schisms within and leaves you seeing the world from a different perspective, and empowered view. You study it. You meditate on it and you incorporate the ideas into your life. The fruits of the spirit our as obvious as the fruit of a tree. If you've come to this book, this is your confirmation. You're ready. A teacher has appeared.
Marcey Rader
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
I. Can. Not. Read. This. I tried so hard to get interested in this book because it is one of the top five favorite books of my business coach, but the woo level is so high I found myself re-reading paragraph after paragraph, page after page until I couldn't read any more. Thankfully, I am in a book club discussion/lecture group where my coach explains each chapter weekly. I have a much easier time with the concepts the way she discusses them but regret that I even purchased the book.
Mark
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
This provides a solid framework for taking a path of spiritual growth. However, much of the information here is rehashed, anecdotal, and lacking detail. The hook of the book is that it synthesizes a number of existing theories and belief systems, but the way in which it is done is uncompelling. As an example, the author completely lifts Freud's id/ego/superego concept, renames the ideas without attribution, and uses it to build a broad strategy for meditation. The author speaks so broadly on ...more
Isabelle Moss
Jun 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this. It is full of insights and direction which has to be followed through to make the difference but if you read each chapter two or three times it becomes imbibed. It's great fro anyone who is looking to grow their spirit in trust.
Mariangela Moore
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has to be read with an open mind it’s not a light easy read but a wonderful journey to self knowledge and forgiveness .
Ricardo Oliveira
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Great findings but not easy to grasp. One must be open and ready to challenge beliefs.
Julie
May 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
If you can get past the rather grating idea that the author claims her book to be written by a 'guide' and not by her (what's going on there???!), then this is a great book for making us face our unhelpful behaviours and patterns. It was handed to me by a strange woman in Australia (who danced naked in her garden for an hour every afternoon) so I almost threw it away, thinking "hey, she's the mad one here!" Anyway, it turned out to be a book that was rather life-changing for me at the time. So ...more
Angela
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I've read. Very important and helpful.
Angela
Jul 25, 2007 rated it it was amazing
better improve grow yourself
good tools here and good ways to look inside to our psyche and hearts
Colleen Stinchcombe
Jan 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
The best part was the quotes at the beginning of each chapter.
Kimberly Nichols
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Really excellent look at the road to self-awareness from seeing our inner ugliness and beauty clearly and then walking forward on a conscious path.
Barbc
Mar 31, 2013 is currently reading it
19new
Daniel
Sep 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
A dense book. Difficult to read and apply but all together a journey into the self.
ana*
Feb 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is the best spiritual book I've ever read. It covers the gammet (sp?) in a very real, honest, and approachable way. I recommend it to all humans.
Diana Castillo
May 11, 2012
Sergio Alarcon
Jan 28, 2017
Kerim
rated it did not like it
May 19, 2017

• Heidegger: A Very Short Introduction
  • The Book of Disquiet: The Complete Edition
  • Light Emerging: The Journey of Personal Healing
  • Hands of Light: A Guide to Healing Through the Human Energy Field
  • The Stellar Man (Hermetic Philosophy, Bk. 2)
  • Core Light Healing: My Personal Journey and Advanced Healing Concepts for Creating the Life You Long to Live
  • The Hand and the Glove
  • Jack e Alice . Amor e Amizade
  • Autobiografia
  • In Tune: Music as the Bridge to Mindfulness
  • Tesouro Direto - A Nova Poupança
Eva Pierrakos gave the Pathwork Guide Lectures on spirituality.