Jump to ratings and reviews

Steve Jobs: The Journey is the Reward

10 books12 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
Displaying 1 - 9 of 9 reviews
Profile Image for Bill.
19 reviews2 followers
September 26, 2008
I worked with Steve Jobs, and so wanted to get a different perspective. This was one. It is no doubt difficult to be a biographer, piecing together imperfect recollections by people with greater and lesser knowledge of a subject. Steve is the smartest person I've ever met, but with an underdeveloped emotional side that one suspects could have lead him toward a truly antisocial adulthood had the dream of Apple not blossomed early for him.
Profile Image for Dawn.
219 reviews9 followers
July 22, 2011
I stuck with it, and I'm glad I did. It's a fascinating story, but it's just a backdrop for what happened next. The book's story ends in 1988, but Jobs went on to sell Pixar to Disney, and sell NeXT to Apple--then became CEO for life. Apple has since surpassed Microsoft financially, something we would never have believed back in the day. I was pleased to see Scully get his comeuppance. I loathed that guy, and I don't think I was supposed to.
Profile Image for Harish P.
333 reviews4 followers
October 23, 2013
Steve Jobs' biography till the ouster from Apple and establishment of NeXT. This book is has lot more details about the initial years of Apple than in Walter Isaacson's official biography. Apart from life of Steve Jobs,the book sheds light on the evolution of personal computing and hegemony of IBM, which I think was quite interesting.
Profile Image for Luis Miguel.
35 reviews
Read
December 3, 2011
Comprado en París La Defense el Jueves 4 de Enero de 1990 el mismo dia que vi el NeXT computer por primera vez
Profile Image for Linda.
4 reviews
May 11, 2012
So far it is a good review; I am re-reading my paperback copy of this book about Steve Jobs. It is so old and "dried out" here in Colorado that it is literally falling apart page by page as I turn the pages. The trick is not to drop the book now that I am on page 186 and have all the pages fall randomly to the ground. :-)

After reading Walter Isaacson's bio, I went back to this way-older bio to see how interpretation has varied and changed with the passing of time. So far, not a lot. I am wondering, though, about the $1,400 incident. (No, I'm not going to explain further...ask me if you want, or read/interpret for yourself).

I am giving the book four stars because the 5th star only says "It was amazing." I wanted it to say: "Insanely great," even though this book doesn't quite reach that cherished height of awesomeness.
2 reviews
April 15, 2022
Written in the late 80s, this book covers Jobs' life up to his early thirties/ousting from Apple. As far as I'm aware it's most comprehensive/in depth look at Jobs' early life - growing up middle class in the Santa Clara Valley, being a drifter-acid-head-hippie, and his/Apple's initial rise and fall.

If you're interested in this part of Jobs' life & Apple's history I highly recommend this book.
Displaying 1 - 9 of 9 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.