Start by marking “Cupid's Arrow” as Want to Read:
Cupid's Arrow

Cupid's Arrow

3.59  ·  Rating details ·  120 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
It's been a while since 16-year-old Fleur Griffon has had one of the weird and scary dreams that used to plague her childhood. So she's really creeped out when she starts dreaming of being hunted through a dark forest by an unseen, sinister archer. But when her bookseller mother unexpectedly inherits the magnificent library of a famous French author, Fleur forgets all abou ...more
Published February 23rd 2010 by Penguin Random House Australia (first published August 3rd 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Cupid's Arrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cupid's Arrow

Kimberley
Aug 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Very good book. I love the way the author has twisted in the stories of King Arthur and everything that goes with him so that it fits in well with the plot. I liked the twist at the end, as I wouldn've picked that person to have done it until it was really obvious. Nevertheless, a good read.
Apoorva
Sep 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Isabelle Merlin books are just awesome! She has a great way of mixing horror,mystery and romance
In thus book a smart Australian girl finds her soulmate in the weirdest way possible
Maryanne
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
A lovely read, mysterious, scary and romantic. Always love a story about premonitions and spooky foretelling dreams; this one has shades of King Arthur and a murder mystery too.
Nicole
Jan 22, 2012 rated it it was ok
I really wanted to like this story based on the premise (a mystery around who the real King Arthur was, where he truly died, etc.), but all-in-all I found it pretty dreadful. It gets 2 stars for the concept and for a writing style that flowed well and was "readable." But the story ended up being pretty predictable and one-note. I didn't find any of the characters very compelling, and the romance between Fleur and Remy was ridiculously contrived (they were at soul-mate, passionate 'I Love Yous' w ...more
Kay Kay
Sep 17, 2010 rated it liked it
I didn't like this book as much as I thought I would.
There was something about Fleur that really bothered me. She seemed too obnoxious with her surroundings, if that makes sense.

It think it could have been the writing style as well.

Hannah Reed
May 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved this book, there were so many twists and turns and the ending was impossible (at least for me) to guess. Isabelle Merlin is a fantastic author and it's a shame her books never got more recognition.
Kaiti
Oct 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
I normally avoid mysteries, but this is the exception to the rule. Beautiful writing, and just when you think you have everything worked out it's turned upside down. And I like Fleur as a main character :-)
Addie
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a really cool book. There's romance and mystery all together. It was fun reading it. I wanted to know what would happen and who had done this and most of all I wanted to know how her and Remy were going to - as they say ''Happily Ever After''. I full-on recommend this book.
Pri
May 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
None
Tiffany
I usually never quit a book and the story was o.k. I was just struggling too much getting into the book. I kept falling asleep reading the book.
Lore
Mar 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
One fo the best mysteries I've ever read. It kep me guessing until the every last page.
Mwansa
Mar 28, 2011 rated it liked it
A fabulous suspenseful exotic novel. I would read it again.
Tampines House
Dec 10, 2011
Pawnee
May 24, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The first stories Isabelle Merlin remembers are the traditional French fairytales told to her by her French grandmother. Later, she heard family stories, which proved to her that magic and romance and terror don't only appear in fairytales: like the romantic story of the beautiful ancestor who caught the eye of the Sun-King, Louis XIV; or the amazing story of the wily ancestor who went from being ...more