Start by marking “How to Develop Superpower Memory” as Want to Read:
How to Develop Superpower Memory

How to Develop Superpower Memory

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  370 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Develop a photographic memory--and increase your memory _ capacity by tenfold with this practical and lucid guide. _
Published June 13th 1995 by Frederick Fell Publishers (first published January 28th 1956)

James Oliver
Jan 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help
Possible the best - and certainly most practical - self-help book you will ever read. The method he outlines just simply WORKS and works instantly and amazingly. Anyone who knows me knows that I am not easy to impress yet this book does what it says on the lid.

The memory method Harry teaches uses crazy outlandish associations together with a peg system of memory. take the effort to get past the first few boring chapters and onto the method itself.

Harry is a magician and many magicians use metho
Andreas Asimakopoulos
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mind-memory
With the Link Method you can forget a list whenever you want.
Train your observation skills:

Write the objects of a room in a list. Repeat it. See what you missed.

Look at one person for a moment, close your eyes and try to mentally describe every detail of this person's face.

Look at a shop window display. at a proficient level remember prices

There are 2 types of readers. Those who read to remember and those who read to forget

Hamidur
Jul 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Amazing. Brilliant. Absolutely powerful.

I came to know about this book from a British illusionist, hypnotist named Derren Brown. He, himself is a house-hold name in England and famous for his tricks. However, this book was quite special in it's own light, seeing how it can be helpful in daily lives.

This book helps memorize abstract objects (in sequence and in-and-out of order), names of people you just met only once, long digits, telephone numbers, appointments, errands, foreign words, importan
Rahul Phulore
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: self-help, favorites
It wouldn't be an overstatement if I say this book changed my life. :-)
Gautam Baba
Dec 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Though a couple of age old techniques that seems outdated, this non fiction title stood out for its engaging writing. Despite the old school techniques, the book stood out in the minds of young students. Not a book to miss in any era of reading class.
Syed
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you just want to improve your memory or want to become a memory athlete, this book is ideal as first step towards your goal.
Mohammad Ali Abedi
The book was published in the 50s, so it has this really gay feel-good, old-school annoying writing style, but surprisingly, it’s not too bad. It is supposed to teach you how to improve your memory, and it is basically done by association.

You have to use your imagination to think of silly things, relate them to each other, and then you won’t forget them. In brief, if you want to go shopping and want to buy eggs, then want to fix your car, then have a haircut, you make Links. You think of an egg
Raghu2chill
Feb 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: self-help
I would frankly give this book 3.5 rating.This book majorly consists of two systems.

Pros:

1.Link System

2.Peg System

The Description about the book cannot be commented here. It should be understood when you read the book. The author knows how to teach his readers in the most simple ways.

He recognizes the attitude of readers and very inspirational just lyk backbone to the readers from the first to last page of the book

Cons:
1.This book is a Bit Outdated.

2.Some of the chapters would be felt as useles
Camilla Betts
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
I would highly recommend this book to anyone. It was originally published in 1957 so some things are a bit outdated (such as having telephone operators and calling people by their last names), but the principles are excellent and absolutely still apply. Memory is so useful, and I have found that by learning the systems in the book, not only do I now have the tools to remember faces, names, long numbers, lists, etc, my true memory has also improved. Going over the peg words in my mind at night no ...more
Nola Redd
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
One of the first memory books, this looking for memory tricks will realize there is nothing new in content. however, Lorayne's telling, while old fashioned, is enjoyable, and I liked the jokes that headed each chapter.

While the text and tone are old fashioned, the majority of the material is just as relevant today - except the phone numbers, lol. Seriously, though, the method behind memorization remains useful, even if there are no letters.
Justin
Apr 04, 2007 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Geeks
Fascinating memory systems. I started this with a particular scheme in mind, but the progress so far is pretty cool. Ex: currently making lists of 50 random objects, numbering them one through 50, later I can name them, by number, in any order. Weird... It's a .pdf I have.
Arthur Li
Apr 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic little book for memory tricks. The technique seems easy and straightforward. It shows how the miraculous memory stunts can be built from such simple techniques, however, only possible with practice, practice, and practice!
Alex Hui
Sep 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: thinking
A good intro book for memory technique. The techniques are good enough for most people but nothing new to memory geeks.
Saurabh Dahule
May 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Let me start
Ben
Nov 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Good tricks to remember about anything: phone numbers, names, dates, actions, etc.
Rhythima  Shinde
Sep 08, 2017 rated it liked it
My memory for numbers is owed to this book!
Kother
Jan 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Since school, most of the techniques are still benefiting me.
Gnubalance
Aug 19, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: self-improvement
This book is awesome. Read it here:

How To Develop a Super Power Memory
Tony
Mar 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read this 40 years ago when I was amazed at how quickly and easily I became able to remember things. It is a bit clunky now but is worth the read if you want an easy entry into the field.
Omid Km
Aug 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Already started using some of the methods. If you pay attention to what you need to remember, you are half-way there.
Cuty Tota
Good
Mohammed Alzahrani
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
كتاب يمثل نقطة البداية لرحلتي نحو هدف امتلاك ذاكرة قوية.
بسيط و مفيد
  • Cards as Weapons
  • The Structure of Magic I: A Book about Language and Therapy
  • Practical Mental Magic
  • Master Your Mind  Design Your Destiny
  • How To Learn Any Language: Quickly, Easily, Inexpensively, Enjoyably and on Your Own
  • Remember Everything You Want and Manage the Rest: Improve your Memory and Learning, Organize Your Brain, and Effectively Manage Your Knowledge
  • The Art of Memory
  • Why Your Life Sucks
  • Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic
  • Absolute Magic: A Model for Powerful Close-Up Performance
  • Maximum Muscle, Minimum Fat: The Secret Science Behind Physical Transformation
Harry Lorayne is an American magician and a memory-training specialist and writer who was called "The Yoda of Memory Training" by Time magazine. He is well known for his mnemonic demonstrations and has appeared on numerous television shows including The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson. His book The Memory Book was a New York Times bestseller. His card magic, especially his innovations in card ...more
More about Harry Lorayne
“You cannot possibly remember anything you do not observe; and it is extremely difficult to observe or remember anything that you do not want to remember, or that you are not interested in remembering.” 4 likes