Start by marking “The Lazy Girl's Guide to Losing Weight and Getting Fit” as Want to Read:
The Lazy Girl's Guide to Losing Weight and Getting Fit

The Lazy Girl's Guide to Losing Weight and Getting Fit

3.24  ·  Rating details ·  68 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
A.J. Rochester has always been a lazy girl. She knows how hard it is to lose weight and exercise, and keep inspired about it to boot, especially when she'd much rather curl up with some chippies and watch Carson on Queer Eye. This simple, step-by-step program details the nuts and bolts of how A.J. lost 99 pounds, and how even the laziest of girls can lose weight too. There ...more
Published February 1st 2006 by Random House Australia (first published 2005)

Be the first to ask a question about The Lazy Girl's Guide to Losing Weight and Getting Fit

This book is not actually for lazy girls; it's for people who have another kind of emotional baggage they need to get over before they are able to be healthy emotionally and physically. It's good, but not what I was hoping for.
Meike
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
(audio)
good to keep mind on the matter, but some very outdated and ridiculous food suggestions.
TheCosyDragon
Jan 22, 2015 rated it liked it

A.J. has struggled with being big all her life and when she realises she is obese she decides to get professional help - Dr. Nutcase, Crusher and a nutritionist. This book chronicles how other people can follow her process and aim towards being thinner themselves.

As a talking book read by the author herself, the expression and nuances of language
E.J.
Sep 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This audiobook did have a lot of good information about food, fitness and healthier living. It is not a "lazy" guide though. It advises you to track all of your food, including fat and calories, exercise every day, tackle your emotional issues, make goals, motivational posters etc.
Because it does have good information--including a section on helping your kids be healthier--I did give it 3 stars. However, it is definitely not what was advertised. There is nothing lazy about this approach. It is
Lady Demelza
Jul 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: australia
In 50 years' time, people are going to be reading stuff like this and reacting the way we do when we hear or read about women in the 50's and 60's being encouraged by their doctors to take up smoking in order to prevent weight gain during pregnancy. The information is scientifically completely inaccurate. Her explanations of fats and sugars and how they are treated by the body are totally upside down. NO WONDER she put all the weight back on so soon after. She won't get healthy until she gets so ...more
Bronwyn Rykiert
I picked up this book because of the colour of cover and the title as I am trying to lose some weight at present. I thought it was going to be comedy fiction book on losing weight but I was surprised to find it is a true story on weight loss and how to go about it and that the author was Australian.

I found it very interesting, A.J. Rochester is a good narrator and she talks to you and asks questions during the book which I found pretty good. She also talked about a lot of other diets and what co
Heather Browning
Dec 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
I guess as far as weight loss books go, this would have been one of the better ones, but it still didn't hold much of my interest. There was nothing here that common sense couldn't tell you, or the plethora of magazine articles and blog posts that I've read over many years. I liked the conversational writing style and use of personal experience, but overall found myself underwhelmed. I think in large part I have a problem with the project of the book - as much as it claims to be about health, it ...more
Babybananaa
Jun 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: finished
Originally I picked up this book thinking it was telling her story on how she lost weight, which it kind of is, however she also provides and tell you how she did it not only by eating healthily but also how much exercise she did and how she managed to fit that into her day to day life of looking after her son.

I thought the book wasn't bad, but although I liked it as a short read I don't really enjoy reading these genre.
Melissa
May 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
This is just as good as "Confessions of a Reformed Dieter." My only complaint is that sometimes it seems like it's just a repeat of the same information. She said she wrote this follow-up book because so many people say "that's great that you lost weight, but HOW did you?" She provides eating plans at the back of the book, but most of the rest of it is really just Confessions Redux.
Lisa Chawner
I got so lazy that I started reading it last year got halfway through put it down, exercised more & still managed to put on more weight. I just finished it & AJ gives some great advice. It is easy to read & practical. I now want to read her other book. I admire her, good on her for losing 45kgs!
Beth
Oct 05, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health
Listening to the litany of things to eat and eating situations was not great, but I LOVED A.J.'s writing, humor, reading style, and philosophy on not-dieting. Great resource for living a balanced, healthy life!
Zoe
Jan 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, non-fiction
A really invaluable guide. It teaches you the most important things about weight loss and healthy living but focuses a lot on why a person might be fat in the first place. It's my weight loss bible!
Sarah Chisnall
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
It would be a better read if I didn't know she had put all the weight (and more) back on.
Maryna Lingenfelder