Start by marking “Falling for You (Pearl Island Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Falling for You (Pearl Island Trilogy, #1)

Falling for You

(Pearl Island Trilogy #1)

The forecast was smooth sailing for Oliver Chancellor, scion of Galveston's premier financier. Destine to take his place in the hallowed marble corridors of his family's bank, Chance is content with the future that's been mapped out for him, right down to his upcoming engagement to a prim debutante enthusiastically approved by his socialite mother.
But when beautiful Rory
Published April 15th 2002 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Falling for You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Falling for You

Start your review of Falling for You (Pearl Island Trilogy, #1)
Nicole
Apr 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. I was left speechless when I finished reading. The romantic love story between Rory and Chance is just heart wrenching, which makes the story even more powerful. Every page wills you to read on with the dramatic plot and the characters that come to life.

Rory, or Aurora as Chance calls her, is a St Claire, descending from Marguerite Bouchard, Henri LeRoche's estranged wife. Rory, like me, is a hopeless romantic and very optimistic about everything she does. So when she sees
Dec 23, 2009 rated it did not like it
I should never have checked this book out from the library when I read the following back description, "...Chance is content with the future that's been mapped out for him, right down to his upcoming engagement to a prim debutante enthusiastically approved by his socialite mother...". I couldn't get past the second chapter when we see that Chance is expecting to engage himself to a woman that he hasn't even been tempted to kiss. Not the type of wish-washy guy I want to read about in a romance.
Cindy
This was a cute, mindless romance - but be prepared to suspend disbelief on a few items. I really liked the opposites attract romance between Chance - whose life is anything but left to chance - and Aurora/Rory. Rory is very much a free spirit. When she finds Chance, a banker, hammering in a sale sign on a foreclosure and that foreclosure is an ancestor’s home with a bit of local lore and a ghost to boot, well, she talks her two siblings into buying it and turning it into a B&B. Chance is talked ...more
Joan
My updates:
32.0% "It beggars belief that in this world a woman in a first world country can reach her late twenties without being able to use a computer or know what they are capable of doing. This is just stupid."

50.0% "The structure seems wrong somehow. The events don’t have enough impact to keep me engaged and I feel at this point I should be near the end of the story with the big reveal/climax just around the corner. Its disappointing really."

DNF at 50% Could (Should) have been much better
Jacob Proffitt
I really like Julie Ortolon's characters—they're engaging with a natural mix of strengths and weaknesses. Even better, the relationships are generally a good illustration of complementary personalities where each person brings strengths the other needs. This was particularly evident with Rory and Chance. Rory is passionate and driven. She knows what she wants and is happy pulling others along. But she gets into trouble when she hares off without checking for available resources or scoping out po ...more
Jackie
Mar 03, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: free-books, romance
Why do I do this to myself? Ortolon was one of the first romance authors I read when I got my Kindle, thus, one of the first romance authors I read as well. I was disappointed with this one. The big conflict is resolved without much fuss and it's straight to the highly unrealistic happy ending. The reader doesn't even get to see the final product that the book revolves around. The novel also suffers from the instant love problem that plagues many romances. Building up romantic tension is way mor ...more
❀ ℓu-ℓu-ℓuna ❀
This is a different than usual story wherein nerdy guy meets hot chick and that's what makes it all the more lovable!

Story goes...Oliver Chancellor helps Rory St. Claire in a hare-brained (not really) attempt to make profit out of their ancestral house given to them by their superstar aunt. But with all the struggles from outside forces wanting to wrench them apart, love still bloomed eternal and it didn't hurt that a certain ghost is trying to help things along...

My thoughts...I love how the st
Dragana
This had a premise and idea to be a very good contemporary romance, sadly it failed on execution. The most of the book felt boring and unemotional to me. It's sad because I was looking forward to reading it. I expected:
- beautiful descriptions of environment (after all heroine is working as a tour guide)
- fun and interesting renovation process of the old house (I usually love this kind of plots/events)
- starchy proper hero getting unraveled by the heroine
- forbidden romance full of emotion
Bu
Agnes
May 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Ideally, I would give this book 2.5 stars. I really wanted to like this book. And I did like the story line and enjoyed that part. I felt like some of the conversations between the characters just were not realistic and could not happen. I also thought that some parts were over done while others did not have enough content.
Cassie Leach
About 100 pages in I was like, Wow! This is gonna be a great book! ....and then they slept together....and then she turned into a 15 year old girl and got SUPER annoying. Wth. I had to force myself to finish this book. She treated everything as a child in love would. It seriously made me dislike her to a point where I felt disgusted.
Erin
May 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I liked this enough I'm reading the entire series. I definitely want to visit Galveston after her many descriptions of the island.
Kim
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A lot about folk lore

This story is revolved around a stately mansion that housed an ancestor that died in the home. Her daughter should have inherited the home but it was passed down threw the males in the family so a LaRouche would continue to own it. When a descendant sees a foreclosure sign being put up she comes up with a plan to buy it. She is not good with numbers or paperwork and Chance offers his help. Chance is from old money with high expectations about every aspect of his life. He ha
Nalini Warriar
A Forgettable Read.
A fast, quick read and I couldn’t remember what it was about or even name the characters. I want a book to leave a lasting impression. I want the characters to stay with me for a while. It has a nice setting though. I liked the idea of turning a dump into a fabulous B&B. But couldn’t reconcile with how a supposedly strong man like Chance refused to stand up to his father. And stringing along the ‘She’s suitable and her family is too’ line is too quaint in this setting.
Falling
Janet Russell
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A pirate and a lady

Went awry as a love story love lost fortune lost life lost but generations later a society gentleman and a descendant of the lady find chemistry deny it and then regain it
the lost island home is recovered by the descendants of the lady lost and believe it I spite of the impossible look of success all became righted
Andrea
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved It

When you're searching for something to read and your interest is snagged from the start by an unknown author, keep reading. I love books where I love the heroine and can understand her situation. I will be reading more books by this author, the rest of this series for sure of which I unknowingly already have another.⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐☺
Purple Iris
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
2.5

The characters all act way younger than they are. The Sons of the Confederacy stuff was so weird and foreign to me. Is it really that serious? Oh, and the whole dyslexia thing was way over the top.
Jen Pezzotti
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3 1/2 stars. I found Rory a bit annoying. I wish there was a story for Paige and Bobby I found the bits about them more interesting. But it was a cute story - looking forward to reading Allison and Adrian’s stories.
Jack Gambill
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A review of Falling For You

This was a very well written and entertaining book. I enjoyed it very much and recommend it to anyone that like love stories with HEA endings without too much erotica.

JG
Rita
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Falling for You

What a wonderful story! You will fall in love with the characters. You will have a rollercoaster ride of emotions as you read to the end. I loved the twists and turns that kept me reading constantly as I could NOT put this book down!
Carol Sandford
The best was the arrival of the ship. the rest was a sappy and sloppy love story that quite frankly I wish I'd abandoned on page one.
Joann
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A little hard to follow at times but it was a overall good read
Kathy
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick, easy r3ad. Not my genre, but well written.
Cary
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Felt it was bit contrived but the characters were nice.
Kay Hawkins
Another confusing all over the place story found it hard to get through.
Jeanne Loudin
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect!

I love the story line with its own way of telling a wonderful historic adventure! I read it in a day because I couldn't put
it down.
M.W. Jooste
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a lovely story!

I really loved the way the characters came to life. Julie Ortolon definitely has a way with words and I enjoyed this story
Linda Whitaker
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick, fun read!

I enjoyed everything about this story, especially the location and the touch of the supernatural. Can't wait for Allison's story.
Pete Woollven
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

Superb book great story well told and a great cast of characters thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. Booked from the start couldn't put it down
Margarette Dibble
5 Stars

I would recommend this book to adults that enjoy stories that are laugh out loud funny, steamy, and oh so romantic. Well done.
Issa
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-f, free, z2016-challenge
I wanted to like this book, and did at the beginning. The history of the Pearl Island was great and I was hoping for a ghostly encounter or some fireworks between the two sides. Instead it was drama on top of drama on top of drama without the ghosts or spark I'd hoped for.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Goodreads Librari...: New cover for Falling for You 2 14 Feb 18, 2015 01:38PM

• Nothing Stays In Vegas (Vegas, #1)
  • Just the Way You Are: Love and Family Life in a Seaside Town (Dunlin Shores Book 1)
  • Love With An Imperfect Cowboy (Lone Star Dynasty, #1)
  • When We Fall (Last Frontier Lodge, #6)
  • Mr. Imperfect (Lost Boys #1)
  • The Taming of the Bachelor (Taming of the Sheenans #4)
  • Spring Texas Bride (The Brides of Bliss Texas, #1)
  • Tumble Into Love (Diamond Creek, Alaska #5)
  • The Cowboy Takes A Bride (Wyoming Matchmaker Series Book 1)
  • A Touch of Cinnamon (Three Sisters Catering, #2)
  • Taking a Chance on Love (The Youngers, #2)
  • Feels like Home (The Southerlands, #1)
  • SEAL It With A Kiss (SEAL It With A Kiss, #1)
  • Coming Home (Texas Sisters, #2)
  • The Marriage Pledge (Veils and Vows Book 5)
  • Love on the Boardwalk (Cinnamon Bay #1)
  • Not In Her Wildest Dreams (Secret Dreams #1)
  • Flirting with Forever (Island Bliss, #1)
Most authors will tell you they've been writing and reading since childhood. Not me. I hated reading and never imagined I'd someday be a writer. Of course, the fact that I have dyslexia probably has a tiny bit to do with my aversion to the written word.

Nonetheless, I had a very active imagination and spent most of my school years staring out the window dreaming up stories. When I finally escaped t

Pearl Island Trilogy (4 books)
  • Lead Me On (Pearl Island Trilogy, #2)
  • Don't Tempt Me (Pearl Island Trilogy, #3)
  • Lie to Me (Pearl Island Trilogy, #4)

News & Interviews