Start by marking “Initiation” as Want to Read:
Initiation

Initiation

An autobiography that connects the twentieth century European life of internationally beloved teacher Elisabeth Haich and her lucid memories of initiation into the hidden mystical teachings of the priesthood in ancient Egypt. It reveals her insights into the subtle workings of karma, reincarnation, and spiritual development.
Published June 1st 2000 by Aurora Press (first published 1953)

To ask other readers questions about Initiation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Initiation

Keleigh
Aug 30, 2007 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Initiates
Shelves: truth
I started this book over a year ago and just picked it up again. It's the first-person narrative of Elisabeth Haich, Western yogi born in Hungary in the late 19th century, and her detailed recollection of her past life as an initiate in ancient Egypt. The highlight of this dramatic story is not, believe me, the writing. Much of it sounds hackneyed and improbable, but once you get past that, the knowledge she conveys is rich and fascinating -- yet another packaging of the same universal truths to ...more
Bharath
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
After I read the summary and some of the reviews it came across as similar to some of Brian Weiss' books. Since I like Brian Weiss' books, went ahead and got this. Initiation, however, is a deeply spiritual book with vivid descriptions of a time in Egypt when values and consciousness ruled. The descriptions of the capabilities and fundamentals of the Sons of God is exceptional including the pyramids (the science and purpose), lions drawing chariots, the spiritual exercises, telekinesis, concentr ...more
Nea
I have mixed feelings about this book and I actually stopped reading it after page 214. I'm a believer in reincarnation but I just didn't believe this author's story. It didn't feel right in my heart. Yes, there were some great spiritual teachings within these pages, but I found it difficult to focus on the message as I didn't trust the messenger. A long, extremely detailed past-life memory that includes every word from every experience many lifetimes ago. And she just happens to have every secr ...more
Sali
Sep 20, 2009 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I'm very tempted to drop everything I'm reading to start this one. No idea why I'm stoked to read it when I have no clue as to what it's about. Sadly, I haven't even read the back cover. It just seems liked something I'd enjoy.
A friend handed it to me one winter evening 2 years ago and told me that it reminded him of me. It got me curious but not curious enough to start it then. Now it's found it's way back to me and I shall devour it before my summer ends.

Edit: I just skimmed over other review
Sophia
Feb 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who likes hermetic, accult, spiritual or just plain true books.
It's an amazing account of one woman's discovery of herself. In her journey she unlocks truths about science, math, yoga, religion, history, alchemy, peace, and so much more. I cherish this book and I think that everyone should read it, but I realize that most people can't.

It does start slow, admittedly, but it's a necessary buildup to the passages that follow the first quarter of it.

If you can, push through it. If not, set it aside for another day, but do read it one way or another. This is a l
Meghan
Mar 14, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Every time I start trying to continue reading this book, crazy things happen in my life, whether it be realizations of my own or just crazy events. I love it. it's challenging and thoughtful at the same time.
It's also a bit dry at times, but keep going!
Debasish Das
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing

The book is not an easy read despite its relatively compact size of aprox 360 pages, and the concepts will remain etched as a life changing experience.. it is as if going through the Initiation process itself. The book neither is a historical account of Egypt’s past civilization, nor is an astronomical treatise on the planet’s path through the precession cycle of the twelve zodiac stars, though the context of the book is enveloped between these two outlines : it is basically a spiritual upliftin
Shani Turgeman
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
very important book for any of you, to read, to understand.
but the thing is, the information that the book brings to you is very sensitive. and i think that there is specific time in life that you should read it,seriously, with appriciation and love.
i stopped 70 pages before i ended it. ill finish it a few years from now.( if ill have the chance)

as she says in the book, your body should be ready to get the massive energy of grace that comes to you. if not, your soul can be hurt, or you can get c
Sumangali Morhall
Mar 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is an unusual story, in that the author remembers experiences in past incarnations – most notably one in ancient Egypt – and links them to her present life. It’s fascinating just from a scientific and historical viewpoint as she recalls in great detail mysterious practices from thousands of years ago. From a spiritual viewpoint it is all the more captivating and inspiring, if a little terrifying in places. Not for the faint-hearted, it’s the kind of book that stays with you, for better or w ...more
Melonie
Nov 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
If you are at all interested in ancient Egyptian priesthood rituals (ahem), be aware that you have to get through the first 200 pages before she comes to them. However, this is a fascinating glimpse into a person's reflection on their life and reincarnation. Its out of print and is obscure, but worth the search for us weirdos.
Jillianfly
Jun 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Amazing autobiography about Elisabeth Haich's lucid memories of ancient Egypt. A book that you read and say "Why Not?" when considering her spin on mystical truths. If you are looking for a book that explains esoteric secrets of ancient Egypt...consider this great read.
Paul
May 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
awesome! news twists on ancient egyptian knowledge and a really cool scene about past-life yoga!
i don't want to spoil it for you. a really fun read if your into the study of esoteric knowledge.
basically a woman remebers her past life as an egyptian princess, an initiate to higher knowledge.
Margaret McDowell
This book was the most powerful book I've ever read. This is non-fiction and she puts to words, things that I've tried to make sense of in my head through experience but she has a way of explaining it very well. If you are enlightened and have awareness of the metaphysical realm, this book will blow your mind. I bought 6 copies so when the time is right, I can give them away to people in my life.
Peter Fogtdal
Feb 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual
You can read this book on so many levels - like a novel from a woman with a vivid imagination; as a textbook on reincarnation and the spiritual lessons we need to learn, or as a memoir by a spiritual yoga teacher with a memory better than ours. This book is unforgettable. I'm going to read it again in my next life ...
Rachel Shadday
Nov 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
My favorite book of all time.
Chelsea Charping
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have to admit that when my dad gives me books like this one, I'm usually not that excited about them. I waited a year after receiving this one to start it and did so hesitantly. I don't believe in reincarnation and didn't care to read an entire book about the subject. But my opinion quickly changed.

Haich writes in a style that is familiar and easy-to-read, avoiding a lot of the jargon and forever-long sentences that seem to fill this genre. Of course, this book also falls into the autobiograph
Jim Murdoch
Nov 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
An exceptional read. Elizabeth Haich writes about her current life from her childhood in Budapest, her experiences in World War 2, right up to her escape to the West. The names used in the story throughout are the original names of the characters, including her own, from her memories as a priestess in a very ancient Egypt. In this way it easy to recognising the characters as they reappear in later life. A lot of chapters are devoted to her recollections as the daughter of the Pharaoh undergoing ...more
Caitlin H
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf, library-book
Halfway through, i'm DNFing this. I'm not feeling it, & i don't like the little bits of "how COULD my SON have been a.... ((negro)) in a past life?!!??" (Cringe.) I'm guessing we're supposed to see the Egyptians in Haich's supposed past life as white, then?

The writing makes you feel like you're slogging through, & the improbability of it all combined with the writing made me feel like i was, on the whole, wasting my time. And the so-called "spiritual truths" felt dated, especially when
Deirdre Cavener
Dec 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life Altering

There are no words that could give this book justice. It is a homecoming, a ride throughout time, a journey with no end. I will read it again and recommend it to those ready!
Natálie Podešvová
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was realizing I'm a little but important part of the energy, while reading this one. And I felt how enormous and neverending space/love/being is. But don't forget you're still in a human body and live the ordinary life on the planet Earth and share it with others. :-)
Anand Krishna
I wish there are many more books along this line, written by westerners.
I am afraid most of the so-called "spiritual" books written by "many" western authors nowadays are not based on their actual experience but products of "cut-and-paste" ideas.
Chrisy Walker
Nov 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
There is so much information in this book that it took a while to read through but by the time I finished it I wished I had made my self finish it much sooner. I was repeated astounded at the details that rang true in my mind. Many of my own past life and current life questions were answered.
Mark
Oct 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Definitely one of my all time favorite reads. Soooo mind blowing.
Leslie
Feb 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
A true time traveling tripper's book. Yoga, past lives, destiny, the occult...
Will probably read it or parts again at some point.
Uliana Avtonomova
Feb 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book gives you an opportunity to think why did you come in this world? What for? For physical, sexual pleasure or for the way of your spirit. Each person makes his/her own choice.
Emma
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
This is one of my favourite books...
Sebastyne
Jan 30, 2011 rated it really liked it
One of the most interesting books I've ever read in my life. That is all I want to say about it: If you are interested in reincarnation, this is a must read.
Penney Peirce
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of the first books I read about metaphysics that opened me powerfully into my work.
Martin Kelly
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the top 5 most important books of my life.Maybe right after Autobiography of a Yogi.It adds or supplements to the Bible.Even the part about the cross of Jesus having similar aspects to what Eckhart Tolle is talking about now in his books.It's got it all reincarnation,how the pyramids and astrology are in essence the same and how the cosmic ages of 2160 years move in a counter clockwise way much like the Jewish Torah moving right to left.It explains why the Bucket and Lion may soon be as ...more
Emma
Aug 06, 2018 added it
I was so excited to read this, but gosh I couldn’t finish it. The pace of this book is pedestrian at best. So much unnecessary detail, in places where it isn’t needed and it contributes nothing.

It is a long winding story that I personally found too slow to maintain my interest.

it speaks about the same truth we see in other schools of study, which essentially is about non-duality. I found the delivery of this through a story a bit convoluted.

I didn’t read it all, I skipped once I hit the sacre
« previous 1 3 next »
This is my absolute favorite book ever 6 32 Jun 25, 2016 01:46AM

• Ra Material
  • From the Ashes of Angels: The Forbidden Legacy of a Fallen Race
  • Marx and Satan
  • Vacation
  • The Threat: The Secret Agenda What the Aliens Really Want and How They Plan to Get It
  • The Sabi
  • The Ringtone and the Drum: Travels in the World's Poorest Countries
  • The Blood of Lambs: A Former Terrorist's Memoir of Death and Redemption
  • The Stargate Conspiracy
  • Genesis of the Grail Kings
“future. Most of them go through life as if they would never be obliged to die and as if their loved ones were not mortal beings. They refuse to realize that our being together here on earth is only a gift of short duration as it will some day have to end! Sooner or later one or the other dies, and then everything is over. People refuse to think about it, but whether they think about it or not, it is so! No one can deny it. But what is the sense of being happy if destiny is, inexorably, going to take this gift away from us some day? What’s the good of being happy if we are obliged to be even unhappier later? We struggle for happiness, and when we have attained it we know in advance that we must lose it. The” 0 likes