Start by marking “Elyon (The Lost Books, #6)” as Want to Read:
Elyon (The Lost Books, #6)

Elyon (The Lost Books #6)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  2,807 Ratings  ·  96 Reviews

Elyon's lakes have turned blood red. Is it a curse . . . or the cure?

Shaeda has one blue eye and one purple eye. No one fully knows her story, but her mere gaze eats away at the core of one's being. In his quest for power, Johnis now finds himself in her intoxicating grip.

Assumed identities, a magic amulet, the fearsome Shataiki bats, and a troubling alliance with the

Published June 2nd 2009 by Thomas Nelson (first published May 21st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Elyon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Elyon

Brian
Aug 02, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elyon is the (currently) final book in the Lost Books series, though these last two books have almost nothing to do with the Lost books themselves, or for that matter, the story that unfolded in the first 4 books at all. The 4 book arc that started pretty well and ended very well is followed up by this 2 book mini-arc which follows Johnis, Silvie and Darcal back into Middle, but 5 years later after the horde has taken over the forests and Thomas Hunter and the circle are on the run or in hiding. ...more
Vincent Lesner
I do not really know what to say about these books. The action was cool and some of the concepts were great, but the whole plot of the series was weird. I am not sure what Ted Dekker was trying to get across to his readers.
Aimee
Mar 09, 2009 rated it liked it
Susan Schieber
Feb 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
Dekker is on of my favorite authors and I enjoyed the beginning of the lost book series. But I wanted to throw this book across the room. The plot line was annoying, repetitive, and seemed to have no clear direction; Darsal's mandate to "Love the Horde" was not well played; the guidance of the Roush was extremely poor; and the end was somewhat ridiculous leaving you feeling like they took the worst path possible to solve the dilemma. Perhaps this venture in co-authoring these last two books was ...more
MyaK
Feb 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book moved me so much. It was another example to me, the whole series, to see how God works terrible, very wrong things to good. At the end I almost cried it was so moving and gave me joy.
Becky B
The plot of this book really started in book 5, Lunatic. To recap: Johnis is possessed by the Leedhan queen, Shaeda. He is in possession of a medallion that he stole from the Shataiki queen and can be used to control all Shataiki. To do so, though, he needs the help of the Teelah priest to perform a ceremony, so he has allied himself with and become Horde. Silvie is tagging along with him to give him his only anchor to sanity and way to prevent Shaeda from completely taking him over. (He & S ...more
Jesse
Aug 07, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The Lost Books series was written to fill in some of the blanks in Ted Dekker's other series (The Circle), which I have not yet read. There was commentary at the beginning of this series explaining how they were related, and that you could read either one of the series first, but having read the Lost Books first, I can't help but wonder if I wouldn't have been better off reading The Circle first.

"Chaos", the third book, was the high point for me. In "Lunatic", the series started to run out of st
McKenzie Rae
For the last book in an epic series, I was really expecting more than I got. For starters, I made a list of what needs to happen (minimally) for the series to end well: (view spoiler) ...more
Brian
Jul 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Simon Taylor
Aug 17, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Deep breath. I've run Lunatic and Elyon together into one feature-length day of misery because they are frankly awful and they need finished. If it weren't for the fact they complete a decade-long reading journey of The Books of Histories, I would probably save myself the pain.

Even with the help of Kaci Hill in writing these last two volumes, Dekker still pulls out all the faithful tropes that have made this "young adult" interpretation so reliably dreadful. Six novels in, there's less character
Nick
Jan 17, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
...and finished, but not really. The cool thing about this series is that while named 'the circle' it is circular reading. These 6 books which in order spell C.I.R.C.L.E. (first letter of the single-word title), are part of another connected series of books which have colors as their title (Red, Green, Black, White).
While trying to determine where to start for this series, I read somewhere that you can start at any of the 'color' titles or at the beginning of the 'C.I.R.C.L.E.' series. Cool i
Kristy
I have to say, I am very disappointed with this book. As the close of the series, you'd expect something dramatic, awesome, breath-taking, memorable. But starting with book 5, this series really took a downward spiral in my opinion. I was okay with 5 at first since it was a to-be-continued and I didn't know the actual outcome until I got to this one; now my rating for 5 goes down too. I really dislike when authors take a series and completely flip it around to where it doesn't even make sense an ...more
Richard
Nov 09, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Reading the latest additions to Ted Dekker's Young Adult novels were like watching a television show that had gone on for too many seasons.

Elyon wraps up the YA series called, The Lost Books. (or so we think) And I wasn't connecting at all to the characters or the story like I did in the first 4 novels.

There are too many brand new characters that came from nowhere in the mythos of these books. Sadly, these last two books (Lunatic & Elyon) seemed to be rushed and didn't have the punch that a
爱心❤
Just one little note (to myself, really, for future reference), I've put all of this series in my favourites shelf, even though I rated them all 3 stars (excluding Chosen (although I suspect that if I reread them I would give them a higher rating... but going off my original thoughts...))
Not many books make this exclusive shelf. Definitely not 3 star books.
Hmm...
This perhaps has something to me with that previous suspicion (see above)...
But my interpretation (because even I don't really know WHY
Linda
Aug 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Darsal has been “drowned” and reborn, and has been instructed by Elyon to love the Horde and Johnis. Johnis is possessed by Shaeda, but has enough love for Silvie that he’s not given totally to evil. As the story draws to it’s climax, things really get tense. The battle rages as evil fights among itself, in various forms, and Elyon, through Darsal is frantically trying to win back Johnis, Silvie and Marak, the Horde General that Elyon has sent her to love.

This is an awesome series, and I'm goin
Tori
Sep 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic. As painful as it became to keep turning the pages, I had a great hope for the ending and I wasn't let down in the least. The story really carried me through a pivotal point in life and I shan't forget it. As I closed the last page on the airplane, I had to smile. It wasn't a story that left me wanting more, but I felt resolved about it all.

Excellent read, and the tie-ins with Ted's other books were astounding. Definitely worth the hours I spent pouring over the wonderful-smelling page
Kell
Dec 28, 2016 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: anyone just trying to finish the entire series.
Shelves: 2016
Big BOO!
What a disappointment.
This poor book just fizzled the hell out and what a boring way to wrap up an otherwise amazing series. I purchased all 4 circle books and the first 4 lost books....so glad I didn't purchase the last 2 lost books because wow... :(
The books of history never came back into play. We never met up with Thomas Hunter again. What ever happened to the Raison Strain from the Circle Series? And where did all 6 other books of history disappear to? We only heard from Gabil, min
Adithi
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
What. The heck. Happened to this series.
To be honest, I thought it had a lot of promise from Chosen. I was totally into the eye on the cover, all of that.
And then?? This idiotic creep appears on the cover of Lunatic. Johnis, the heck are you doing with her? From there on, the plot just crumbles in my fingers. I couldn't believe what happened to the series by the end. The first four were wonderful, but then the series just couldn't hold its own wait.
I expected so much from the series.
Hannah
Jun 25, 2010 rated it liked it
I thought this book was the best out of the 6. It was very good, but not perfect. I loved Marak and Darsal's part in the book, and I usually hate romance. But, in this case, I thought it was good. ;)

The only problem I had with this is what I usually have with all Dekker books: the ending. It was just... blah. You can obviously tell that Dekker will write another sequel... or ten. But, I expected more action and more finality. The rest of the book, however, was good, borderline great. I recommend
Aaron
Dec 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very fun and exciting series for me. The final two books, Lunatic and Elyon, which were co-written by Ted Dekker and Kaci Hill, had a disjucntive flow. There were many sentence fragments, which were quite annoying and were almost non-existent in the first four Lost Books, which raises the assumption that this change came from Hill's writing style as opposed to Dekker's. Either way, the series was excellent. I am excited to continue reading through The Circle and learning more about th ...more
Chica114
Jul 18, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It definitely kept me reading, a page-turner. However, in the end, I didn't really like this book as much as the others in the lost book series. I would probably have to blame the leedhan and her controlling ways. I didn't like the suspense of wondering how the main characters would escape her clutches. I liked the story of Marak and Darsal, but found myself really annoyed with Johnis and Silvie. I also hated the end. I mean, it wasn't bad, it just wasn't what I was expecting.
Feb 13, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
Really this series could have been over 2 books ago.I still did not like the story line with Shaeda and the Leedhan. It seemed to veer a bit from the original line of the first 4 books, I wonder if that is because it was co-written??

I also did not like the ending. It just kinda stopped, I didn't feel much closure and felt like the ending of this book was the beginning of another story. Maybe that was the goal, but I wasn't impressed :/
Donovan
Jan 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elyon finishes out the Lost Books series perfectly, not with a final climatic battle, but with the salvation of the protagonists. The final realization of the true power of Elyon revealed. I do not believe there is a better way to have finished out this series than this. I loved this whole series and anyone with an interest in young adult fiction that doesn't concentrate on the allure of evil monsters like vampires, etc will enjoy this series as a wonderful alternative.
Daniel
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall, this was a wonderful series. I really enjoyed all the books in the series, but with that said this was, in my opinion, not the best one. In the end it was a good close to a great series, but with all the build up I was personally not exactly thrilled with the series ender. I gave four stars because it did do a good job of tying up the entire series and solving the problems and fulfilling the purpose it intended. I would still recommend it to others, especially fans of like series.
Chris Rusanowski
While this improves slightly on book 5 (Lunatic), it is still not near as enjoyable as books 1-4 in the the lost books series. Books 5 and 6 really have nothing to do with the books anymore and really should be pulled out put together as 1 longer novel (with most of book 5 just dropped).

I can't say that I am too happy with the way it ended. It really left me with a feeling like "that's it, now there will be more series?".

Melissa Darnold
There is nothing more perfect than Elyon. His waters, for me, have always been painted pictures of forgiveness and redemption. I cry whenever I read someone diving deep into them. How appropriate we should title this final installment in this series-within-a-series after the One who began it all? Wonderful adventure, great convictions, and heart-stopping repentance in a world offered all for Elyon.
Alexa
May 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Actual rating: 4 1/2 stars.
Beautiful. Inspiring. Kept me on the edge of my seat with some awesome heart-racing action.
The only problem I had was that, occasionally, the characters did things that didn't really make sense and that kind of bothered me. I'd give examples but spoilers!
Anyways, overall, it was a really great read.

A more in depth review can be found at alexaskrywer.blogspot.com
William Crosby
Deception is the dominant theme.

Issues raised:

What do you do when somebody is deceived?
Can you love one who acts wrongly without knowing it?
What is the role of forgiveness in everyday life?
Can you refriend somebody who has wronged you?
What is the essence of love: to continue to forgive?

Lots of issues raised, although the book does a lot of wavering with insufficient driving plot to keep me completely satisfied.
Derek Jordan
A decent ending, though this five book series was really a trilogy and then an entirely new set the way I read it.

After getting into these I feel I just really liked the Circle Trilogy and want to stick with that... much of what has been modified and changed.. just does not live up to what it was.. and is really just milking off how good that was.
Joel
Feb 11, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This book is a light read, but it was so ridiculously STUPID that it took me 2 weeks to read this book. The only reason that I read it was so that I could finish the series; if it was a standalone book, I would have stopped after the third chapter.
  • To Kill With Reason
  • Whirlwind (Dreamhouse Kings, #5)
  • The Bones of Makaidos (Oracles of Fire, #4)
  • The Scarlet Trefoil (Tahn Dorn #3)
  • Hunter Brown and the Secret of the Shadow (Codebearers, #1)
  • The Final Storm (The Door Within, #3)
  • Shadow in the Deep (Binding of the Blade #3)
  • The Edge of Darkness (Babylon Rising, #4)
  • Flying Blind (The Cooper Kids Adventures, #8)
  • Demon
  • Shadow Over Kiriath (Legends of the Guardian-King, #3)
  • Sierra Jensen Collection, Vol. 1 (Sierra Jensen, #1-3)
Ted Dekker is known for novels that combine adrenaline-laced stories with unexpected plot twists, unforgettable characters, and incredible confrontations between good and evil. Ted lives in Austin with his wife LeeAnn and their four children.
More about Ted Dekker...

The Lost Books (6 books)
  • Chosen (The Lost Books, #1)
  • Infidel (The Lost Books, #2)
  • Renegade (The Lost Books, #3)
  • Chaos (The Lost Books, #4)
  • Lunatic (The Lost Books, #5)