Start by marking “The Hitman's Guide to Tying the Knot Without Getting Shot (The Hitman's Guide #3)” as Want to Read:

The Hitman's Guide to Tying the Knot Without Getting Shot

(The Hitman's Guide #3)

Leland
Is a nice little wedding with Blow-up Randy and Jackson My Love too much to ask for? Clearly, because someone’s trying to kill one of us… again. Generally, this would be my thing and I would jump right in singing my murder song, but they want Jackson dead and I will do anything (and I mean anything) to keep him alive—including and not limited to: ten Dobermans, bul
Published September 15th 2020

Courtney Bassett They get some page time in this one! They should be the next in the series, though she has some other books lined up before that.

Start your review of The Hitman's Guide to Tying the Knot Without Getting Shot (The Hitman's Guide #3)
☆ Todd

Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today to join Leland and Jackson in holy matrimony. If they manage to survive that long.

Unlike in previous books in the series, where Leland's escapades constantly put the pair in danger, this time around, it was Jackson's old life that came back to haunt him.

So after Jackson being nearly-fatally injured, it was time for "Fiance'", aka Leland, to hunt some bitches down and make them pay. Permanently, if Leland and His Merry Band of Pew-Pews had anything to sa
Jilly
Oct 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'm just saying that if someone tried to kill MY husband and almost succeeded, I would also consider getting a pack of dogs to protect him. This is a perfectly logical and sane way to keep him safe. How often do you hear about people being murdered with a pack of dogs surrounding them? I bet you said "never", right? That's because it doesn't happen, and if nobody has ever been murdered while surrounded by a pack of dogs, it just science to know that it's because of the dogs.

Protecting the humans
Deborah
Sep 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5*

I absolutely adore Leland. And this is another crazy. Completely OTT adventure.

While planning their wedding. Someone tries to kill Jackson. Now obviously they picked the wrong fiancé to pick on. Leland will stop at nothing to protect the man he loves.

Before he resorts to the bubble on top of the tower. We have Dobermans and guns (lots and lots of guns).

All are favourites are here. Including the indestructible fence post.

We have murder and mayhem. And also cute little seven year old Mila.

”O
M.I.A
*4.25 Stars*
“I love you too and I’m willing to burn down the entire world for you,” he says.

“When others would say that, it would just be cute, but with you, I’m positive you really would without hesitation.”

He gives me an eager nod. “Ohhhh yeah. It’d be a Lelandocalypse.”

“Sounds devastating and slightly romantic,” I say.

I adore Leland. There is really no character like him.
Charmingly insane.
Gun-Wielding.
Dog obsessed.
Crime magnet.
ex-Hitman

Never change dear Leland. What's even more en
Debra
If you've read the first two books, then you pretty much know what you're in for in this one. Leland and Jackson may be getting married, but that doesn't stop them from being the same characters you know and love. Banter, shenanigans, guns, and mayhem. This time it's Jackson whose past is coming back to kill him.

Leland seems to be having more of those sweet moments here, where he's temporarily unguarded and emotional, but never fear it doesn't last long and he's back to his snarky self. Jackson
Vicki
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm
Action and hilarity aplenty.

Another brilliant book in the series that had me laughing from the start and eagerly turning the pages desperately wanting to know what happens next in this adventure.

Jackson and Leland are having to figure out who is trying to kill Jackson all whilst Leland once again smothers him with overprotective ness. With the usual snark, witty banter, sarcasm and a bullet proof vest as well as some more over the top “Leland” type safety measures.
Leland also has to deal with
Sanaa
4 stars.

You will either love this series or you won't like it at all. Fortunately for me, I actually ended up enjoying this so much. Who knew, Jackson and Leland would end up being one of my favorites.
Shannon
Alice Winters has done it again! Just when I think I can't love Leland and Jackson more than I already do, she gives us this, The Hitman's Guide to Tying the Knot Without Getting Shot. From the title alone I knew we were in for the good stuff, I just didn't know how good!

There are laughs galore, enough sweetness and love to cause Leland major suffering, and plenty of action, adventure, and suspense to keep your heart pounding. And there may have even been a tear or 2 shed, as well. This book was
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Leland 💜 Jackson

We are back with our favorite former hitman Leland and fiancé aka Jackson. In this one it is Jackson's past that has come back to get him.
When Jackson served he worked for a team that was unknowingly to him doing illegal stuff. Now someone has put a price on Jackson's head and this won't due for Leland. Leland is determined to find out who is trying to kill Jackson and destroy them.
Overall, a solid read. My favorite parts happened to be Leland's interaction with Mila, which wer
Joyfully Jay
Sep 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

The Hitman’s Guide to Tying the Knot Without Getting Shot is the third book in the fabulous Hitman’s Guide series. It’s been about a year since the last book released, and I didn’t realize how much I had missed Leland and Jackson until I picked this one up. They are a couple with Winters’ trademark humor and banter and craziness. And Leland is totally insane on about a million levels. But what stands out most for me here is how intensely in love these guys are. It
Athira
Shelves: lgbtq, awesome-series
Leland and Jackson are back and it's better than ever! This is the third book in the series and cannot be read as a standalone.

Leland is still crazy as ever but he's also grown quite a bit. Love the character development. Also he's even more of of a sexy badass!! (Playing cards 🔥)

Jackson is in danger this time around so we get over protective Leland with 10 (10?!) guard dogs! This was such a fun ride and Leland and Jackson always make me laugh with their shenanigans.

I adore Cassel and I'm glad
Joscelyn Smith
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The wonderful Leland and Jackson once again had me laughing so hard. I like to think of the storyline as 'The Himan's Guide 3: In which it is learned why targeting Jackson is a horrible idea that could shorten your life expectancy' 😂. This series continues to deliver top-notch writing filled with snark and hilarity in equal measure, I loved every minute.

*I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book*
Jennifer Reilley
Sep 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
What a great addition to this series.

We go on another action and surly one heck of an adventure to catch who is trying to kill Jackson. And as we all know, Leland will not stop at anything to find the killer. You do NOT hurt Jackson and get away with it

You just see how much these two love each other so much and will go to any extent to keep the other safe and protected.

Let me just say that an addition of Mila to this story was the highlight for me. I have never laughed so much.

Can these guys
Jennifer (Books&Barks)
Sep 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So, what do you need to know about this book? You need to know that it is laugh out loud, surprise the people around you because you choke on your coffee laughing, HILARIOUS. I started highlighting my favorite parts, and I'm pretty sure I highlighted over half the book. Don't get me wrong, there are some serious scenes, especially towards the beginning, but even in the midst of the angst, Leland is able to make me laugh. Leland and Jackson, and their whole crew (Henry, Ava - Jackson's mother, Je ...more
Heather
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
My rating is 5 Unreserved Stars. Usually even in a 5 star review I will pick apart the book slightly, but I'm not doing that today. I've been reading a lot of romantic mysteries lately and for the most part I have hated and/or been extremely bored by them all. It was while reading this book, which is also a romantic action mystery, that I realized why (the writing in those books was bad). At no point in this book did the mystery overwhelm the romance. Jackson and Leland were at the forefront of ...more
kathleen
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Can we ever get enough Leland and Jackson? The answer will always be no! I loved this latest installment to The Hitman's Guide series. As usual our endearing gentlemen are unable to stay out of trouble. When that trouble is aimed at Jackson, Leland will scorch the earth to keep him safe.
Of course mayhem ensues and chaos reigns. With the help of their cohorts (Daddy Henry, Cassel and a "few" 4 legged protectors) they search out who is behind their troubles.

Sprinkled throughout the mayhem are some
E.Muddle
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Leland and Jackson are back! And just as hilariously sweet as ever - especially with the whole gang back in action. Leland is... well, he is uniquely Leland. And as always, he brings out the absolute best (or worst depending on who you ask) in Jackson. There is so much snark and shenanigans, and all the yucky sweetness Leland's heart can handle. And the mystery is a great mix of fun, action and suspense, and makes for a great excuse for Leland to exert his hilarious acts of overprotectiveness on ...more
Aerielle Bondi
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book. Leland and Jackson are always a joy to read about. I liked getting to learn more about Jackson and his military career. I absolutely adored all of Leland’s interactions with Mila. Such a good story!!!
Natalie panda eyes
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
So tempted to re-read this series from the start. Fun, chaotic and Leland getting away with murder. I love how he makes people do things. Plenty of humour, violence, guns and dogs. Loved it.
Jacquie Stewart
Sep 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Leland and Jackson are back!

This time it's Jackson that is in danger and Leland has to work with others to protect him and figure out the plot.
Leland is still nuts, still funny but now comes with a side of sweet. There's a fair amount of character development with him and I adore all his relationships he's built with his found family.
Plenty of action and bits that made people near me question my sanity.

Love this series. It's like comfort food and exactly what I needed this week.
Amy Dufera
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The Hitman's Guide to Tying the Knot Without Getting Shot is an amazing book. The third book in Alice Winter's Hitman series, it's fabulous.

This time around, Leland and Jackson are searching for a man who's attacking women. Making things worse, someone's trying to kill Jackson. Luckily for the couple and for the readers, this sends the men on some hilarious adventures.

No one entertains quite like Alice Winters. She even makes a murder funny. How is that even possible? Seriously, I shouldn't bei
Courtney Wilson
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
 is the third book in the Hitman's Guide series and it is the best one. And that's saying something because the other two were fantastic also. Leland never fails to make the worst of a situation but it's all in the name of love. I don't know how Winters does it, but she managed to keep the story fresh, the dialogue perfect, and the characters are still growing. Cassel is still trying to get Jeremy's attention, much to the astonishment of Leland and Jackson, and Leland finally gets the family he ...more
Diane Dannenfeldt
Okay so in this latest addition, we are looking forward to the big day :) We also have someone out to kill Jackson and, almost succeeding, Leland goes a little overboard in trying to keep him safe. Picture a house with 10 Dobermans, those are not small dogs and I can't even. There is nothing, and I mean nothing, Leland won't do to keep those he loves safe and he loves Jackson with all his soul. The person behind the attempted killing of Jackson was not readily apparent. I did not get that "there ...more
Jillian Rose
Devoted❤️Reader
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Dungeons & Trampolines

I knew this book would be laugh out loud funny. It is and I did often. The dialogue and wit is outstanding. What I didn’t expect is how much emotion this book would evoke. I’m talking all the feels. “No one has ever made me smile and laugh and love as much as him. No one has ever shown me unconditional love like he has.” Oh the things Jackson and Leland do for each other in the name of love; surprises, hilarity, tenderness, chaos and even more surprises. They have a rollerc
Kelly
Sep 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Hitman's Guide to Tying the Knot Without Getting Shot was exactly what I was expecting - fun, OTT, a little silly at times but always enjoyable to read.

Leland is his normal sarcastic, hilarious self throughout the 3rd instalment in the Hitman's Guide series. His OTT protectiveness of Jackson kicks into high gear when someone attempts to kill Jackson. Leland is determined to protect Jackson by whatever means possible, which of course involves Dobermans, car chases, many guns, dragging in Cas
Kashonna Shaw
Sep 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Seriously Alice and Leland can do no wrong. The third installment of this series is just as great as the others. What I loved most about this one, is we get to see Leland act more with his heart. He is usually in "hitman" mode and rarely makes mistakes, but this time he acts rashly and doesn't fully think things through. Watching Jackson get hurt so bad that it freaks Leland out was also great. It showed Jackson how far Leland will go to protect him.
We get the normal shenanigans from our favorit
jackie thorogood
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Leland and Jackson story continues. With Jackson life I. Danger so Leland over the top measures to keep him safe is hilarious and entertaining to read, have you read a book that you have had to close it because your laughing so much that was me. Definitely one to recommend Alice Winters has done it again another winner.
RomanceMama
Loved

This is the third book in the series. You seriously can’t go wrong with Leland and Jackson. I was so excited to see that they were finally getting their big day. Leland might be a little crazy but him and Jackson balance each other out perfectly. Leland deserves a happy ending after his crappy childhood and Jackson will make sure he gets it.
Anabela.M.
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is the proof that for Alice Winters not even the sky is a limit to how brilliantly she can write a book. It was a fast paced, awesomely captivating, thrilling and intriguing adventure that made me fall even more for Leland and Jackson. Their unconditional love emerged more than ever, their protectiveness of each other to the front.

I honestly spent the time reading this story going from holding my breath to snorting, from drying my tears to laughing out loud. It was full of action, thi
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Mr. Perfect (Sinister in Savannah, #2)
  • Spooky Business (The Spectral Files, #3)
  • Demons Do It Better (Hidden Species #1)
  • Embracing Winter (Lords of Discord, #4)
  • The Soldati General (Soldati Hearts, #3)
  • How to Hack a Hacker (Unholy Trifecta, #3)
  • Screwed (Four Bears Construction, #4)
  • Finch (Forbidden Desires Spin-off, #3)
  • The Enchanter's New Kids (The Ellwood Chronicles #5)
  • Origin (Scales 'n' Spells, #1)
  • Healing Aiden (Lords of Discord #5)
  • Hard Target (Wrecked: Guardians, #1)
  • The Soldati Prince (Soldati Hearts, #1)
  • Wild Warrior (Weavers Circle #2)
  • NautiCal (Forever Wilde, #8)
  • On the Wings of War (Soulbound #5)
  • Tied and Laced (The Family Novak #6)
  • The Curse of Redwood (Ivy Grove, #2)
Alice Winters started writing stories as soon as she was old enough to turn her ideas into written words. She loves writing a variety of things from romance and comedy to action. She also enjoys reading, horseback riding, and spending time with her pets.

Follow me on Facebook where I put up short stories, teasers, and giveaways: https://www.facebook.com/groups/Alice...

Join my newsletter: https://ww

The Hitman's Guide (3 books)
  • The Hitman's Guide to Staying Alive Despite Past Mistakes (The Hitman's Guide #2)