Start by marking “The Stranger in Her Bed (Logger #2)” as Want to Read:
The Stranger in Her Bed (Logger #2)

The Stranger in Her Bed (Logger #2)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  1,379 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
In The Seduction of His Wife, USA Today bestselling author Janet Chapman introduced the Knights, an ambitious logging family whose fortunes and hearts are tied to the rugged mountains of Maine. Now, Ethan Knight is drawn into the family business . . . and deep into temptation.

When Ethan agreed to work at a sawmill his family is purchasing, he didn't foresee getting fired
Mass Market Paperback, 354 pages
Published January 30th 2007 by Pocket Star (first published December 26th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Stranger in Her Bed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stranger in Her Bed

BookLover
Feb 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Very entertaining read! Ethan and Anna were the perfect match. As usual, Janet Chapman delivers a funny, heartwarming and romantic story.

This is the second book in the Logger Series. After reading the first book, and learning Ethan had been fired his first day on the “job” at the mill his family will soon own, I was excited to see how his story would unfold. This book didn’t disappoint. Ethan, though suffering from a bit of old school mentality when it comes to women working in a “man’s” domain,
Ellie
OMG Girl! Where has Janet Chapman been hiding?!?

Bit of a background on me and this book: I went to something called a 'reuse' centre with my mom and in the musty dusty bordering on disgusting building of treasures, I dug around in the very busy book section (busy section but I was the only one in romance). I was snooping around under the table were all the boxed books are looking for classics that I have in ebook format but could use in my actual library (Susan Elizabeth Phillips books or Rachel
Erin
Apr 24, 2010 rated it really liked it

The Stranger in Her Bed is the second book in the Logger Series featuring the Knight family. Some events in this book started towards the end of book 1 in this two part series, the Seduction of His Wife. Trying to reclaim her life in Maine, Anna Segee leaves the comforts of her Dad’s empire (Segee Logging) to become the forewoman at Looncove Lumber Mill scant miles from her grandfather’s sawmill ranch she’s just inherited. On Ethan Knight’s first day of work at Looncove, he steps immediately ...
PepperP0t
3.75stars actually

The second installment for the Knight brothers takes placed immediately after The Seduction of His Wife, and second brother Ethan has begun working at the mill in preparation of taking it over as part of the family business - unknown to the current workers which include Anna Segee. Anna left Oak Grove as a child but never forgot Ethan Knight who she's loved since he saved her from being brutalized by town bullies. Time has brought many changes and Ethan doesn't recognize Anna b
Heather
Aug 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Sorta cute romance with plenty of drama, secrets and some mystery from beginning to end.

A female in a male dominated career knows she can't show any weakness. Then you get the egotistical man that has to be taught that this female isn't one to go down easy, emotionally or physically.

Sorry for such a short review but I finished this almost a month ago so..there you have it.
Cheesecake
This is my first time reading this author and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I really liked the heroine, Anna. She is strong and fair minded. And surprise surprise, so is the male lead, Ethan! Is it possible to make a romance story where both the hero and heroine are fair minded? Well here is living proof!
I look forward to reading the first book in this series!!
Beth
May 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, read-in-2017
I've been having a hard time with books lately, so I really needed something light and fluffy. Like the first one, there is no real conflict between the main characters (although this one has more than the first) and it was a quick easy read.
Sandra Walker
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved how Anna over come her past, and Ethan, my oh my!
Debbie Dodd
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading.
May Mostly Romance
Oct 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
บางครังชือเรืองมันกไมไดบอกอะไรเลยนะ อยางเลมนี "คนแปลกหนาบนเตียงของเธอ" ของเจเนต แชปแมน อานแลวกไมไดเกียวอะไรกะเนือเรืองสักนิด เพราะกวาทีพระเอกจะขึนเตียงนางเอก (โดยมีนางเอกอยูบนเตียงดวย) ทังคูกรูจักกันเปนอยางดีแลว

นอกจากชือเรืองทีไมเอาไหนแลว แมกซมีความยินดีทีจะบอกมิตรรักแฟน ๆ วา

เรืองนีสนุกคา

แมกซชอบนางเอกทีแมจะเปนหัวหนาคนงานในโรงงานผลิตไม แตกมีความเปนผูหญิงเพียงพอทีจะไมแขงกราวเกินไป ตัวละครอยางแอนนา ซาจีไมไดเขียนกันงาย ๆ หรอกนะ นักเขียนมันจะทำมันมากเกินไป หรือนอยไป การกำหนดใหนางเอกของคุณเปนผูหญิงเกง
Bookcrazy
In diesem Band geht es um den zweiten Knight Bruder - Ethan. Der ja jetzt im Sägewerk anfängt und bereits an seinem ersten Arbeitstag mit der Vorarbeiterin aneinandergerät und von ihr gefeuert wird.
Er taucht dann als ihr Boss wieder auf und mietet sich noch dazu in ihren nahegelegenen Ferienhäusern ein.

Anscheinend wird es wohl kein eigens Buch um den dritten Bruder Paul geben, da dieser Band ja bereits 2007 erschienen ist und dessen Geschichte kurz in diesem Buch abgehandelt wird. Schade, den ic
jenjn79
♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
This was the better of the 2 logger series books. It is written so it can be read out of order with NO spoilers.

Anna comes back to maine from canada after inhereting an old mill from her grandfather. She has been using her middle name & her dad's last name for the last 18 years after being wisked away to Canada after an attempted rape by 3 boys when she was only 11. Ethan had come to her rescue and saved her.

Her mother had a bad reputation for being the town ho, madeline fox, and had been
Jody
Jul 10, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a nice companion Romance to the book: The Seduction of his Wife by Janet Chapman. Chapman does an excellent job of giving me just enough of a teaser in the first book which is about Alex Knight for me to want to read this one which follows Ethan Knight Alex's little brother. Chapman again weaves a combustable romance between Ethan Knight a loyal man who is has all the right traits including a knight in shining armor complex. Anna Segee returns to Maine after living in Canada with her Fr ...more
Gorgeous Nina
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mimi
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As in other books by Janet Chapman, there is tension, danger, surprises, touches of humor, and the coming together of two seemingly unsuited individuals, ending with their HEA.

Anna Segee is a self-confident woman who, over the past 18 years, has nurtured her girlhood crush on Ethan Knight. When she ultimately meets handsome, adult Ethan, Anna has to reconcile her dreams of Ethan with the real thing. They have an explosive relationship. However, when Anna is confronted with her past, Ethan is th
Lyndsay
What can I say, I am in love with Janet Chapman’s novels. I Only have three of her novels to go before I have read them all. :’(
This is one of her older series. It follows the story of the second brother Ethan and Anna. Love their dynamic of being bossy and take charge personalities.
What I don’t like. I thought we got jipped out of another story. The third brother finds love and happy ending in this story as well. I was hoping he would have his own novel. Which, I believe is still possible. We
Jules2016
Aug 27, 2016 rated it liked it
I was lied to. Bamboozled. Trapped into a bait and switch. I THOUGHT this book was about a blue-collar foreman (woman) who falls in love with the new mill owner -- WRONG!

This is a poor little rich girl trope, which I absolutely despise. We're talking a cashmere wearing, diamond earring having, Uber Rich daddy's little girl trying to "make it on her own" ugh.

As for the hero, this broke bitch doesn't own the mill, his daddy does. He's just running it. Who wants to read about a motherfucker who doe
Gail
Oct 09, 2008 rated it liked it
Heroine had a crush on the hero years ago, when she was a little girl. Now she's the foreman at a lumberyard the hero's family is in the process of buying. And he gets fired for breaking safety rules the day he shows up to "learn the ropes." The heroine is trying to prove herself to her overprotective family. The hero wants to win the heroine. There's a bit of a mystery--somebody might be sabotaging the mill, or maybe they're after the heroine. There's some sparring between hero and heroine. It ...more
Peggy O'Connell
Feb 11, 2008 rated it liked it
I like Janet Chapman's stories of rugged men in wild and manly Maine with strong women showing them the way to a blissful future, even if they have to beat it into them. The women of her books are not hepless little things but strong women who can stand there own! When I started reading the book I could not stop. I finished it in one day. What I liked was it had humor in it with the romance. Even though I enjoyed it, it was not as good as the book (The Seduction of His Wife) the one before it.
Swiftsea
Sep 20, 2010 rated it it was ok
Hardly felt an emotional pull to any of the characters in the story.
All the characters seemed fairly dense and shallow even with their so called 'background' history to explain everything. Hardly realistic (not saying all books are realistic in any sense since most are 'fictional') from the likes of it. Good for people only looking for a quick read with not much to think about. Characters appear a bit shallow; hard to feel with the character and the depth of their ‘love’.
Claire Mojieski
A good book but I didn't like it nearly as much as the first book The Seduction of His Wife. The connection between Alex and Sarah in the first book was amazing. It made me laugh and want to yell at Alex (well really just page 57!!) This book just didn't do that for me. It was good but not as good as I expected it to be.
Roxanne
Sep 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I just happened upon this author and decided to give her books a try. Boy, am I glad I did. I have finished both 1 and 2 and was very pleasantly surprised. It has mystery. It has romance. It has a little bit of independence clashing with a Knight in shining armor complex.
Can't wait to get started on 3.
Silvia
Jun 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 HILARIOUS FUNNY ROMANTIC STARRR

weelll this book was much much better than the first one...oo how i loved the story...the hero and the heroine were amazing, their chemistry were platonic and their funny bantered.... this book were more funny,more sexy as hell...its perfect for me..the way anna character were a though woman and ethan hot as hell but in love with anna were refreshing he he
Gmc
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ethan Knight hired on at the saw mill to get the lay of the land before his family bought it from a very old friend. Then he does something dangerous and steps in front of a loader carrying tons of logs and causes all hell to break lose. Anna Segee was driving the loader and is the foreman at the job site, she fires Ethan on the spot telling him "This is a lumber mill not Disneyland!!"
Ana
Sep 17, 2010 rated it liked it
– In The Stranger in Her Bed, Janet Chapman combines quirky characters with humor, sensuality and tension to create a very good read. Anna is a straightforward, in-your-face kind of woman who takes the sexy and headstrong hero, Ethan, by surprise. Everything that could go wrong, did go wrong as these two butt heads and share their hearts. ~ Cerise, www.ireadromance.com
Dawn ♥ romance
Aug 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book about sawmill foreman Anna who fires Ethan on his first day on the job. Plot, action, sex were all good although chauvinism was a bit heavy at times, her books always have exciting endings.
Kathrynn
Book #2 in the Logger series. This book starts right where #1 ends off. The family buying a lumber company further North! Ethan goes to the Lumbermill where Anna is the foreman. I enjoyed the character interactions. Nice read.
Stacie
Sep 23, 2007 added it
Recommends it for: Romance
This was the second book of this series with the brother Ethan. It was okay and better than the first one. Ethan is owner of Knight Logging and buys out a logging company with a woman foreman - Anna. But Anna has a past that is hidden and comes back to haunt them both.
Joene
Mar 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
The second in the Logger series is equally excellent to read. It ties up all the loose ends from the first story (the remaining bachelors, that is) and makes you laugh and cry, sometimes on the same page. GREAT STORY!!!!
Book three? 4 9 Dec 19, 2013 07:21PM
  • The Black Sheep and the Hidden Beauty (Unholy Trinity #2)
  • Viva Las Bad Boys!
  • He's No Prince Charming
  • Turn My World Upside Down: Jo's Story
  • Heat Wave: Rex on the Beach/Getting Into Trouble/Shaken and Stirred
  • A NASCAR Holiday 2: Miracle Season/Season of Dreams/Taking Control/The Natural
  • Christmas Weddings: His Christmas Eve Proposal / Snowbound Bride / Their Christmas Vows
  • Desert Rogues Part 1
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
  • Blazing Bedtime Stories (Once Upon A Bite / My, What A Big...You Have! / Sexily Ever After) (Harlequin Blaze #447)
  • Our Little Secret
  • Lip Lock
  • British Bad Boys
  • Her Cinderella Complex
  • Stranded with a Spy (Code Name: Danger #11)
  • Better Naughty Than Nice: No Mistletoe Required\Her Secret Santa\Snug in His Bed (Harlequin Blaze, #507)
  • Heating Up The Holidays
  • Hearts Under Caution
January 22, 1956 – October 28, 2017

Hey guys its Jessica. Sorry I’ve been MIA for so long. I apologize for the long overdue wait for Janet’s next book. You’ve all been very patient and loyal fans that she loves. She has been working on this book over the last year and a half while dealing with her battle with cancer. It saddens me to say that she peacefully lost this battle this past weekend while
More about Janet Chapman...

Logger (2 books)
  • The Seduction of His Wife (Logger #1)