Start by marking “The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)” as Want to Read:
The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)

The Alpha and His King

(Kincaid Pack #1)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  8 ratings  ·  7 reviews
When Kai flies out of a shed, swinging a rake, Rick’s life flips upside down.

As alpha, Rick’s dedication to his pack has never wavered—until Kai. The pull he feels toward the younger man is more than a simple distraction, but Rick won’t let himself lose focus. Not while a hidden enemy is drawing near.

Moving in with the grumpy alpha who saved him is a big change for Kai,
Expected publication: January 24th 2020

To ask other readers questions about The Alpha and His King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Alpha and His King

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)
Amy Aislin
I enjoyed this debut novel from Kiki SO much! It was an excellent novel and a great start to a new shifter series. It was clearly well-thought out with an intriguing plot line, great writing, and strong pacing. The two main characters, Rick and Kai, were flawed, relatable characters who were so endearing in their own ways. And they were also incredibly well matched to each other.

There were a lot of side characters in this story, but I was never confused about who was who. Kiki does a great job
Faye Kennedy
4.5 stars.. A great start to the book that got me straight away. This is a heart breaking story for the trauma that the King children had gone through. Having to learn to trust a new pack members. The situation with the parents after brings danger to the pack.. I loved Rai in this he's a strong protector right from the start but had his vulnerable moments too. The chemistry between Rick and Rai is there from the start but it takes a awhile before one of them act. A few miscommunications and ...more
Lydia
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
The Alpha and His King is a new book by a new author and I can't wait for more. Rick is the alpha of a rag tag pack of paranormals. He is strict but loving, believing that as long as you are loyal to him he will be loyal to you. When those ties are stretched beyond their bounds he has no problem meting out punishment. This is how Rick, along with some of his betas and enforcers come across Kai and his siblings.

Kai and his siblings are half shifter, half human. They have known nothing but abuse
Catherine
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
This author's first book drew me in right away and kept my attention through out the whole book. I think it is a great first book in a new paranormal series and I am eagerly awaiting book #2. I really like the world she set up within the pack, whereas there are different species of shifters, witches, seers, even a few humans all following the same Alpha...Garrick Kinkaid. When the Alpha and his enforcers go to mete out pack justice for the crime of stealing they discover 4 siblings living in ...more
Ariel
What a great start to a new series! I believe this is the author's debut novel and I'm very impressed with their ability to write interesting characters and an engaging plot! I really enjoyed this story and all of the characters. Kai and Rick made a great couple and I loved seeing Kai gain confidence in his new surroundings and circumstances. And I really enjoyed Rick interacting with the young siblings. This story has plenty of hurt/comfort but not too much to make it overly angsty or over the ...more
Shannon
Jan 21, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, mm, para
I hadn’t read a shifter book in a while and I can say I did enjoy this one.
It was a good easy read that let you sink into the story.

It did have a few well used tropes in the book but I enjoyed the writing.

Kai is an abused foundling when he’s rescued by the Alpha of his pack. Both men try to understand their feelings for each other but there Is a lot of miscommunication or lack there of.
The world building was interesting as you dumped right in the middle of a scuffle and you are curious as to
P Leslie
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review, m-m, shifters
*I voluntarily read this book. All opinions stated are solely my own and no one elses*

A fantastic start to the series!

Kai won my heart over as soon as he stepped in front of the shed with a spade, ready to protect his siblings. The conditions they lived in and the state they were found in, broke my heart. The author captured and explored Kai’s and his siblings vulnerability, insecurities and fears really well.

The connection between Rick and Kai pulsed to life and intensified the more time they
michaela ⚘
Isindia
Jan 19, 2020
Becky
Jan 20, 2020

• Detective Daddy (Timberwood Cove Book 8)
  • Brandon's Very Merry Haunted Christmas
  • Rago
  • The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3)
  • Abroad in the Stars (Galaxia Pirates, #1)
  • Choose Me
  • Second Chance
  • The Golden Heart (Alliance, #1)
  • An Egg for Ansel (Alaskan Pebble Gifters, #2)
  • Daddy (Kinky Boys #1)
  • Make Snow Mistake (Snowed In - Valentine's Inc. #1)
  • Blood Heir (Blood Heir Trilogy, #1)
  • Metal Heart (A Metal and Magic Valentine's Story)
  • The Second Act
  • Eight Will Fall
  • The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)
  • Meet Me at Midnight