Start by marking “Execution in E” as Want to Read:
Execution in E

Execution in E

Romance is in the air. Or on the 'Gram, anyway.

When an influencer-turned-bridezilla shows up at the lighthouse to capture Insta-perfect wedding photos designed to entice sponsors to fund her lavish wedding, Gethsemane has her hands full trying to keep Eamon from blasting the entire wedding party over the edge of the cliff.

Wedding bells become funeral bells when members of
Published March 24th 2020 by Henery Press

To ask other readers questions about Execution in E, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Execution in E

Start your review of Execution in E
Monica **can't read fast enough**
I love having an author that I can reliably depend on to give me a story that I will enjoy and for me Alexia Gordon is one of those authors. I enjoyed this installment just as much as the others. It's a little darker in theme with a hint of the occult, more deaths, betrayals, and coerced loyalties that go wrong. I enjoyed every page of this one and read it in a day which is my only complaint! That's the bad thing with a story that I enjoy so much-it ended before I wanted but left me satisfied ...more
Ms. Woc Reader
Mar 20, 2020 rated it liked it
In this latest installment in the series Gethsemane has to deal with bridezilla determined to have a wedding fit for social media perfect.And Gethsemane can't wait for the social media influencer to pack her bags and head out of town. But as with every other big event in this small town something goes wrong. The groom ends up dead and at first it looks like a suicide but now they aren't so sure. Of course Gesethmane and Eamon are determined to crack the case to prevent an obnoxious ghost from ...more
Bina
Apr 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I tried to read this as slowly as possible and savor it...but it was just too good. Highly recommend for all cozy crime fans, Gethsemane and Eamon and the gang are clever sleuths again and it was a great way to relax for a bit admit all the horribleness of March. Another one, please!
Katherine
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
In Execution in E, Gethsemane's landlord rents out the lighthouse next to her cottage to a social media influencer for her wedding. The bridezilla is there with an entourage to take pre-wedding photos to use to entice sponsors for her wedding. No one, including Eamon, the ghost who haunts the property, likes the obnoxious group. When the groom turns up dead, one of Gethsemane's friends is a suspect due to her prior relationship with the man. When things go from bad to worse, with more members of ...more
Lynn Poppe
Mar 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-review
Grab a cup of tea (or something stronger like some Irish whiskey!), put on some Beethoven, and settle into a comfy chair for the most recent adventures of Gethsemane Brown.

Tim, in the midst of the apocalypse, if the world was literally going to hell, I believe youd offer the four horsemen a cuppa.

Hah! I love that quote. There is certainly a lot of tea drinking in this novel!

Execution in E is a fun and fast paced read. I chuckled through numerous interactions between the characters, especially
Lorilei Gonzales
Apr 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Execution in E is my first Alexia Gordon novel, but it most certainly will not be my last. Thanks to my Southern Baptist upbringing, I knew how to pronounce the heroines name, Gethsemane, without asking Google. Another thing that I did not have to research was backstory from the series first four books since Gordon gives us just the right amount of exposition. Whats the right amount? Why thats when her explanations sprinkled here and there answer a question that begins to loom in your mind, but ...more
Jenn Z at That's What She's Reading
description

Since joining the Lone Star Book Blog team, I have heard nothing but rave reviews about the books in this series, so this year, I was finally able to read one, and I am so glad that I did! Though this is the fifth book in the series, I never felt that I was missing anything, but I will definitely be returning to the previous installments to spend some more time with Gethesmane and this fascinating life she has built in Ireland.

Amid these challenging times, if you are looking for a wholly new
Ruthie Jones
Execution in E by Alexia Gordon is book 5 in the Gethsemane Brown Mysteries series, and I recommend reading books 1 to 4 for two reasons: All of these books are completely fun, with top-notch characterization, including a highly unusual and very involved ghost named Eamon McCarthy. And each book builds upon the last and feels almost like one long story, with the characters evolving and backstories (especially Eamon's) emerging.

While all the books involve murderthese are cozy mysteries, after all
Christena
Mar 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another Impeccable Murder Mystery...

Gethsemane scanned the area as she drove from St. Brennans to the village square and back. Without warning, Eamon materialized in the middle of the road leading up to the school. Gethsemane slammed on the brakes. The car skidded through Eamon, stopping with its hood in the ghosts midsection. A charge buzzed through the car and into Gethsemane. She yelped and let go of the steering wheel.

Alexia Gordon has emerged as one of my favorite authors from her very
Daniel
Mar 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
This review originally published in Looking For a Good Book. Rated 3.5 of 5

Wedding bells become a funeral dirge in Alexia Gordon's latest Gethsemane Brown mystery!

A domineering bride-to-be wants a picture-perfect wedding and part of that picture is the lighthouse on the cliff. Gethsemane has to work hard to stop her dead friend, Eamon, who formerly lived in the house, from killing the entire party. But it turns out that Eamon is the least of her concerns when members of the wedding party begin
Jenn Belden
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, I could just copy/paste the reviews from any book in the Gethsemane Brown series and it would hold true. Alexia Gordon is consistent in her delivery of an imaginative plot, delightful setting, familiar patter (with a bit of the Irish thrown in), clever twists, a bit of the supernatural, and characters that will either delight or rile. In this, Execution in E did not disappoint!

Execution in E, is, as anticipated, a fun and fast-paced story. It has a tightly woven plot with plenty of
Vicki
Mar 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have read almost all of the books in the series. It is a series that I have enjoyed. In this most recent book, the story is told a little bit differently than previous books. In this book, there is more dialogue than description. While that is not one of my favorite book devices, it does work for the story.

The lighthouse, which is by the cottage that Gethsemane Brown rents, has been taken over by a wedding entourage. The bride and groom-to-be are both social media influencers and are aiming to
Floyd
Mar 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Alexia Gordon brings back the paranormal world of Gethsemane Brown on the coast of Ireland. Gethsemane and Eamon McCarthys friendly and annoying ghost as they discover the person responsible for murdering Sunny Markhams wedding party one by one. The motive focuses on a crime committed half-a-world away and a decade earlier - but then revenge is a dish best served cold, very cold.

The story brings back many of the key inhabitants of Dunmullach Ireland - Father Tim, Niall OReilly (the cold case
Chelsea
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kristin
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent book in this series! This series is so enjoyable, and the author always keeps it fresh. Love it, love it, love it!!
Alice
Seed
Mar 02, 2020
Rosie J.
Mar 03, 2020

• My Fair Latte (Cafe Cinema Mystery Series, #1)
  • Under the Radar (A Zoe Chambers Mystery Book 9)
  • Teaberry in Question (A Teaberry Farm Bed & Breakfast Cozy Book 29)
  • Dead in Dublin (The Dublin Driver Mysteries #1)
  • The King's Justice (Maggie Hope Mystery #9)
  • Shake Down
  • Proof in the Photo
  • Imaginary Numbers (InCryptid, #9)
  • Real Murders (Aurora Teagarden, #1)
  • The Other Mrs.
  • Chasing the White Lion (Talia Inger #2)
  • Speak: The Graphic Novel
  • A Keeper
  • Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • Woman on the Edge
  • A Criminal Justice (Philadelphia Legal #4)
  • The Phantom Twin
  • Camp
A writer since childhood, I continued writing through college but put literary endeavors on hold to finish medical school and Family Medicine residency training. My medical career established, I returned to writing fiction.

I won a Lefty Award, was nominated for an Agatha Award and a Silver Falchion Award, and was chosen one of Suspense Magazine's best debuts of 2016.

Raised in the southeast and

News & Interviews