Start by marking “The Fantastical Exploits of Gwendolyn Gray (Gwendolyn Gray, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Fantastical Exploits of Gwendolyn Gray (Gwendolyn Gray, #2)

The Fantastical Exploits of Gwendolyn Gray

(The Chronicles of Gwendolyn Gray #2)

Heroes never return from adventure unchanged, and Gwendolyn Gray knows this better than anyone. She faces a new darkness within herselfwith no help or comfort from her friends Sparrow and Starling. On top of that, the City is only getting worse. When the Faceless Gentlemen return to menace her again, Gwendolyn escapes to the lands of the Fae. But even the dreamlike Faeoria ...more
Paperback, North Star Editions, 384 pages
Expected publication: April 28th 2020 by Jolly Fish Press

To ask other readers questions about The Fantastical Exploits of Gwendolyn Gray, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fantastical Exploits of Gwendolyn Gray

Start your review of The Fantastical Exploits of Gwendolyn Gray (Gwendolyn Gray, #2)
Alina
***Note: I received a copy curtesy of Netgalley and North Star Editions in exchange for an honest review.

I had a bit of trouble remembering events from the previous book and I think the experience would have been better if I were to read the books one after the other. But this adventure pretty much stands on its own, so that isn’t such a problem.

Gwendolyn Gray is back in her dystopian gray world, the Lambents are gone, but also is her key to leave this world and find her friends. Even so, she
Kal ★ Reader Voracious
The Marvelous Adventures of Gwendolyn Gray was a delightful read and I'm excited to see what's next in store for her!

eARC provided by the publisher, Jolly Fish Press, in exchange for my honest review. This does not affect the content of my review. Quotations are from an uncorrected proof and subject to change upon fina publication.
Blog | Twitter | Pinterest
B.A. Williamson
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
It's the best. Turned up to 11.
Katrina Forest
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When it comes to children's entertainment, there's always two categories: the stuff kids will like and the stuff grown-ups want them to like. It's a rare work that fits into both, yet Gwendolyn Gray does so with ease. The book has so many nuggets of wisdom that not only kids need to hear but adults, too. Bring up an image of the one inspiration poster that hit you with exactly what you needed to hear exactly when you needed to hear it. (After which, if you're like me, you walked away pretending ...more
Tanvi
Thanks to Flux and Netgalley for an ARC.

The Fantastical Exploits of Gwendolyn Gray is a children’s book, so it wouldn’t be accurate to say that I enjoyed it in quite the same way I’d enjoy a book for adults. Besides, I’m not the biggest fan of books where the protagonist has apparently limitless powers.

What I liked:

The wonderful writing, the fast pace and Gwendolyn’s sheer glee at having adventures.

The world Gwendolyn visits and the people she encounters there are all skilfully and vividly
Jill Elizabeth
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a marvelous series, full of magic and surprises and more than a little social commentary buried in the narrative for good measure. Gwendolyn's exploits are well-crafted and well-presented. The various worlds she encounters - and the various personalities populating them - are cleverly constructed and keep things just a little off-balance (in a very good way).

There's an epic battle of conformity vs. originality here, and it's delivered with heart and more than a little pointed invective
Rachel Stansel
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
A great sequel. Gwendolyn is left struggling after returning from her adventures. Her home in the City remains gray and bleak, fully unimaginative, and she still doesn't fit in. She also misses her friends and adventures. And then, new adventures begin. I love the focus on imagination, but also on depression and struggles. The importance of clearing your mind and dealing with stress and depression are handled beautifully. An enjoyable story with a fun writing style.

Full disclosure - I received a
Millie
Feb 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book from Netgalley in exchange of an honest review

This is book two of the series. I really loved this one, just like the first one. In this book you get to learn more about Gwendolyn and her powers in another adventure. Great book 4 stars
Caitlin Mallery
This story is really slow to unfold. I am not particularly enjoying the heroine. She is whiny, and way too cynical for the heroine of a fantasy series. She needs some counterpart to her pessimism. I love middle grade, but I can’t see myself recommending this story to any kids in my life.
filming.pages
Feb 07, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-of-2020
The second book featuring Gwendolyn Gray, and I was so excited to read it, considering I loved the first one!

This time, the story takes us to Faeoria and even darker places, as the Mister Men get out of hand and Gwendolyn has to try even harder to save her world and her friends!

I will be honest, I didn't like this book as much as the first one, mainly because faeries aren't really my thing. I enjoyed the steampunk world of Tok way more, but in this book, I really enjoyed seeing Gwendolyn grow,
Kat
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#NetGalley
The Fantastical Exploits of Gwendolyn Gray has adventure much like the first one, but we learn more about Gwendolyn and her powers. I like the idea of how she is exposed to various characters and what she learns from each one will help mold her in future books.
Sunshyne
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the cover art of this book. It really draws the eye. The story was great an very detailed. I loved Gwendolyn and her fight to escape, stay safe and learn to control her magical abilities. Despite of every obstacle she has to face.
Samantha Warner

• The Vinyl Underground
  • Poems to See by: A Comic Artist Interprets Great Poetry
  • Fragile Remedy
  • Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs? Big Questions from Tiny Mortals About Death
  • Good-Bye, Mr. Chips
  • Rivers of London (Peter Grant, #1)
  • Rewritten
  • Long Way Down
  • Brazen
  • Caffeine: How Caffeine Created the Modern World
  • The Last Conversation (Forward collection)
  • 82년생 김지영
  • Merry Christmas, Mr. Mouse
  • 僕のヒーローアカデミア 1 [Boku No Hero Academia 1] (My Hero Academia, #1)
  • In Search of Safety: Voices of Refugees
  • The Problem of Susan and Other Stories
  • The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike, #2)
B. A. Williamson is the overly caffeinated writer of The Marvelous Adventures of Gwendolyn Gray. When not doing battle with the demons in the typewriter, he can be found wandering Indianapolis with his family, singing in a tuxedo, or taming middle-schoolers. He is a recipient of the Eli Lilly Teacher Creativity Fellowship. Please direct all complaints and your darkest secrets to ...more

The Chronicles of Gwendolyn Gray (2 books)
  • The Marvelous Adventures of Gwendolyn Gray