Start by marking “The Fragile Thread of Hope” as Want to Read:
The Fragile Thread of Hope

The Fragile Thread of Hope

Finalist of the Amazon Pen To Publish Contest 2017.

A moving, inspirational fiction about love, loss, and finding hope in the darkest of times.

About the Book:

In the autumn of 2012, destiny wreaks havoc on two unsuspecting people—Soham and Fiona.

Although his devastating past involving his brother still haunted him, Soham had established a promising career for himself in
Published December 17th 2019 by Fingerprint! Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Fragile Thread of Hope, please sign up.
Pankaj Giri Hi Olivia. I have self-published it. My book will launch on 3rd November 2017. Price will be 99 cents for now. I'll let you know once it is launched. …moreHi Olivia. I have self-published it. My book will launch on 3rd November 2017. Price will be 99 cents for now. I'll let you know once it is launched. :)(less)

Start your review of The Fragile Thread of Hope
Anish Kohli
Feb 08, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Update as on 25/11/18: Please read

In a first, I am revising my rating of a book from original 3 stars to 1 star bcz of the misbehavior from the author. Upon posting my review, the author took a dig at my credibility and hurt another new author, Anumita Sharma, through his review of her book. I know how it may look like a harmless review and a generous rating at the first glance but I promise you it isn’t. The way he has mentioned my name multiple times specifically and then gone after a budding
Jules
It has taken me a couple of days to recover from this book and compose my thoughts on this emotional story.

The 22nd October was a very special day, as it was the day I started this book and discovered a fellow book reviewer and blogger was also a very talented writer with a gift for creating an emotional story in such a beautiful way.

The Fragile Thread of Hope is a beautifully descriptive and atmospheric character led story about family, love, loss, grief, regret, loneliness and hope.

This story
Pankaj Giri
Sep 24, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Delighted to announce that the paperback version of my novel 'The Fragile Thread of Hope', Top 5 Finalist in the Amazon Pen to Publish Contest 2017, is out on Amazon! It is published by Fingerprint Publications, one of the top traditional publishers in India.

The link is: https://amzn.to/2S0hxe8

I would be really grateful if you could kindly buy a copy and support me. This is an edited and polished version of the Kindle edition that you may have read before. Looking forward to your support.
Rohit Enghakat
On GR the punchline for this book is "A gripping emotional inspirational fiction about love, loss, and finding hope in the darkest of times". It was not gripping, but it certainly lived up to its punchline - emotional and inspirational fiction. This is a decent book on human emotions of love, loss and a sense of hope. The main characters are Fiona and Soham who go through the lowest points in their life - losing loved ones. How they overcome their loss and find each other forms the main plot. Be ...more
Aakanksha
The fragile thread of hope is author's debut book. It's a contemporary fiction. The main characters of this book are Fiona and Soham. The story revolves around their family and love life. Both felt the loss of their loved ones at very young age & this tragedy continues in future. Soham and Fiona are very different but their pain brings them close to each other. Soham is an engineer worked in Bangalore while Fiona is a school teacher. They have fears and tragic past memories which made them think ...more
Bharath
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book has two principal characters – Soham and Fiona. For a large part of the book, their stories run in parallel converging towards the later part of the book.

The one thing in common between the lives of Soham and Fiona is the pain in their lives. Both come from humble backgrounds and face hardship as well as tragedy. The other aspect in common is their strength in looking ahead despite deep rooted personal suffering.

Soham's brother's untimely demise affects him deeply, and he is haunted by
Apratim Mukherjee
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks to the author for providing me the book for free in exchange of an honest review.The book is all about facing the ultimate tragedy and still carrying on by looking towards the positive side of life.While reading the book,if at times you go back and think about your past when you lost a loved one,it means the author has done his job well.The only problem is that on some occasions the book drags on and bores you (for which I deducted a star).Otherwise presentation of the text is good which ...more
Yamna
Second update: 1/12/18

So...the misogyny persists. As a way to save face, the author sent me a personal apology...laced with the sexism and mansplaining any woman is sick of

Author: Only when I read Anish's account did I realize

The fact that men still think only another MAN and not a WOMAN can change their opinions is...just...Why? Why are some men still misogynistic? Isn't it the 21st century? Disgusted.

Update: 25/11/2018 - PLEASE READ THIS

So, as an honest reviewer, I gave a detailed and very fai
Hiba Arrame
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Hiba by: Pankaj Giri
Actual rating: 3.5*
First of all, I want to thank the author for having shared with me his book and I appologize for not reading it before now.
I found it quite interesting, and really catching at some points, I loved how the writer brought together two separate stories and found a way to unite them at the very ending. I must admit that it made my eyes tear at some points.
The language is so smooth and easy to read, and very very poetic sometimes; the only thing that I didn't really appreciate was
Renita D'Silva
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely LOVED this beautiful book. It is right up there with my favourites and this epic tale of love and loss, of heartache and ultimately redemption will stay with me for a long time. A multi-generational, multi-faceted saga, beautifully told. I loved how the different stories were weaved together into a satisfying whole. Loved the way Nepali tradition and way of life, culture and duty, ambition and love were all interspersed so expertly into the tale. Once I started it, I could not put i ...more
Yvonne
This is a stunning and also a bit of an emotional roller coaster of a read. We are taken into the lives and families of Fiona and Soham. The start of the story is as an accident occurs, then it goes back in time. We meet the two main characters, to each other they are strangers, but we are told of their childhoods, experiences and memories as they progress through their lives.

Yes it’s a story about growing up with a religious and inspirational aspect to it. I will be the first to admit that this
A.
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very rarely one comes across books/stories which are so full of emotions, which leaves you shaken.

The Fragile Thread Of Hope is one such book, which reaches to the core of your heart, shakes you up and leaves you sad. The story about Fiona and Soham, who have suffered the loss of their dear ones in a very sudden and tragic manner, which leaves them broken and shattered, and how they find solace in each other, when they had given up hope.

The book is so full of emotions that one can actually feel
The Bookaholic
A free Kindle copy in exchange for an honest review

Let me start by saying that I feel bad for dnf-ing this, because I really wanted to like it. Even though it has its flaws, this is quite different from what's emerging in the Indian publishing industry these days. Books Scripts written by guys who can't even spell words. Guys who write their own cheesy love stories. And guys who are hoping perhaps they could make it to Bollywood.

But this is different. It has a theme.

What put me off is that it's
Kathy - Books & Munches
Beautifully written! Pankaj Giri definitely has a way with words. At times I didn't even feel as if I was reading a novel simply because it felt like poetry half the time. I lost myself in the descriptions and loved every second of it.

He found the rope of his consciousness slipping as darkness swept over him like a cloak.

To me, The Fragile Thread of Hope is a book filled with emotions and confrontations. I hoped, I cried, I smiled. There was nothing else to do, I kept doing one of those three th
Oviya Balan
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018

First of all, kudos to the author. When he offered me a free copy I was quite hesitant to pick it coz I knew I am not a big fan of this genre. I still wanted to give it a go and guess what? I really liked it. More than the story, it's the authors writing style that made me like the book. It takes us on an emotional journey and we will take some time to get out of the wholesome pain.

A fine attempt by the author indeed.
Deborah O'Regan
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Firstly I received a free copy for an honest review.

I loved this book. I loved the way I spent my time trying to figure out the connection between Fiona and Soham. Great story line keep me intrigued the whole time I was reading it.

Cathy
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: literary
Read the review on my blog with links to additional information about the book: https://whatcathyreadnext.wordpress.c...

The Fragile Thread of Hope is a powerful story of grief, loss, betrayal and survival. At times, the thread of hope feels very fragile indeed – frayed almost to breaking point, in fact – as tragedy follows tragedy for its protagonists, Soham and Fiona. Told in separate, alternating storylines that have shifting timelines and flashbacks, the book does require a degree of concentr
Manogna
Mar 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Firstly, I am glad the author approached me with the book. I would have missed it otherwise. Here is my honest review.
I went in without much thought, I came out with a blown mind. The writing style simply amazed me. The author's understanding of various lifestyles interested me the most to continue reading the book. The story is what it promises to be , emotionally gripping. The plot is so natural and close to Indian understanding that you vision yourself at some point in every character. Comin
Tanmay Jadhav
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. I really don't know what to say really.

Pankaj Giri has not failed to impress me.

This book is a rare find that found its way to me.

I won't go into what happens in the book but I will say that the book isn't what it seems to be. It has so many subtle undertones of complex Indian relationships and acceptance that towards the end I was terrified of missing out on even one of them.

I started the book off on a skeptic note- the writer was using too many unnecessary adjectives and the story didn't
ri
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars
Actual rating : 4.25 stars
I never thought that tragedies could be entwined so beautifully into a simple yet heartwarming tale, until I read this book.

If I begin counting as to how many times in the past I’ve missed possible great moments with my loved ones just because I was too busy doing not so necessary things on my mobile or laptop, I will lost the count in the first few seconds.

And this is what ‘The Fragile Thread of Hope‘ teaches you - how memories must be made, cherished and savoured; how
Rohit Sharma
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Like I said earlier in one of my posts that sometimes it is not us who is picking up a book but at times a book too can pick you up. And when you read it, love it, finish it, sit back and think about it, you realize that you were destined to read it for so many reasons. This book invoked so many of these feelings in me as it just came to me or shall I say the Author somehow found me and sent me this book to be read and reviewed. As usual, I had no idea of neither the Writer nor the book so what ...more
Gurdeep Kohli
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As the name suggests, the book indeed is about HOPE, hanging on a fragile thread of longing that emanates out of desperation, of the characters, thrown in together by destiny. The story revolves around an untimely accident of two people, who have nothing in common, yet over a span of three years how the connection gets build up through thick and thin of life.
The story thus progresses on parallel lines, touching many a chords, portrayed through day-to-day life of a drunken man, his wife and a da
Basundhara Ghosh
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very wonderfully written book that will tug at the strings of your heart very strongly. It takes you on a journey with the two main protagonists, and how they endured and survived one tragedy after the other. You need to have a strong heart to read this book, because at times it will bring tears to your eyes for sure. But at the end of it, beyond all the sadness, the most important message is that life goes on, and we have to have faith in the hope that pervades our existence. No matter what w ...more
Anuja
*CONTAINS SPOILERS*
The Fragile Thread of Hope, as the title suggests is a story about hope and how it has it's own unexpected ways of creeping into our lives when we least expect it.
The story revolves around two main characters - Fiona and Soham and is about how the loss of loved ones, the hopelessness they feel brings them together at the end. It is a fast paced story with good narration. Pankaj has tried to paint a verbal picture of Gangtok and the traditions out there and he has done a good j
Keerthi Murali
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5
What a brilliant piece of work! I absolutely loved this book and I'm so happy I picked this book without hesitation. This was an emotional roller coaster journey. After years of reading a lot of the "usual" contemporaries with the same kind of IIT IIM romances and repeating crappy stories, this is such an eye opener. Very inspiring fictional work indeed. Authors like this deserve all the hype rather than everyone following the 'usual' bandwagon.

Plot and Characters: This book follows two ma
Charu
Feb 20, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Note: free book in exchange for honest review.

When Pankaj asked me if I would be interested to read the book and review it. I immediately checked some of the reviews of the same. And needless to say I was intrigued. And I am happy that I agreed to read the book.

This book is difficult to review as it has both positive and negative points. And I totally have mixed feelings for this.

PLOT

It was the main reason I agreed to read the book. For me it is the best point about this book. This is a story o
Sara Mariam
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A beautifully crafted novel. I am not so much of tragic romance genre fan, still loved the book, the way emotions are captured and artistically represented with the background. The way nature is portrayed in every scene, was a treat to my imagination. The philosophy entwined in the story is subtle yet amazing.
Some thoughts and phrases were a bit repetitive but not so obvious. Liked the finishing as well, good and bad are just the phases of life and we need to cling on to "the fragile thread of h
Gomathy Subramanian
Long but, a page-turner.

First of all, I would like to thank the author for making me read this book. Great narration and I loved reading the book.

I started this book long back and I had to take a break now and then before completing this book. It has so much of emotions and happenings. Honestly, I did not expect so many things to happen in a 400 pages book.

The book is about two protagonists ‘Soham’ and ‘Fiona’ and their messed up lives. They both struggle a lot as life decides to rob away all th
Yesha- Books Teacup and Reviews
*** Note: I received e-copy of book from the author, in exchange for an honest review. Many thanks to author for giving me a chance to read this book. ***

The Fragile Thread of Hope is a bittersweet Love story and it won’t be wrong if I say it was a Life story of two lead characters Fiona and Soham who travel their life path through darkness and tragedy towards the light holding on the fragile thread of hope. Book is about loss, grief, love, family, importance and true meaning of life, and bits o
Mishika
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite a lovely read!
(No, I did not find it draggy. In fact, there was something new to look forward to with every chapter.)
Full review will be updated tomorrow.

EDIT - FULL REVIEW

The Fragile Thread of Hope, quite simply put, is a tale of love and loss, of life and death, and of faith and destiny. The story traces the journey of two completely unrelated individuals - Fiona and Soham. While the former comes from a broken family and has a dark childhood, the latter comes from a seemingly normal fami
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Rhythm Roger: The Secrets Of Electon
  • Under The Mango Tree
  • Stories of Us
  • Our Love Story
  • MIЯЯЯO : at THƎ WƎIЯⱭ WAYWAЯⱭ
  • Once There Was Me: The Extraordinary Life of an Unknown Indian
  • Love Unexpected
  • Faith and the Beloved (Kochery C Shibu)
  • Mrs. Basu's Uncensored Familism
  • Winter Poems
  • FREEDOM : Human Trafficking and Encounter with Soul
  • Tarikshir: The Awakening
Finalist of the Amazon Pen To Publish Contest 2017

Pankaj Giri was born and brought up in Gangtok, Sikkim—a picturesque hill station in India. He began his writing career in 2015 by co-authoring a book—Friendship Love and Killer Escapades (FLAKE). Learning from experience and the constructive criticism that he got for his first book, he has now written a new novel—The Fragile Thread of Hope, a main