Start by marking “The Christmas Pact” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Pact

The Christmas Pact

Listening Length: 2 hours and 54 minutes

Heat up the holidays with this sizzling new novella from New York Times best-selling authors Vi Keeland and Penelope Ward!

Riley Kennedy’s emails keep getting crossed with her colleague, Kennedy Riley.

Audible Audio, Unabridged, 3 pages
Published December 5th 2019 by Audible Original

Start your review of The Christmas Pact
Christy
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars

The Christmas Pact is a short and sweet Christmas novella by Vi Keeland & Penelope Ward. I love this writing duo and when I saw they had a short audiobook available I started listening right away. It was the best way to spend 2 hours and 54 minutes.

Kennedy Riley and Riley Kennedy work for the same company, but have never met. They do happen to get each others emails quite often, though. Kennedy likes to send Riley’s back to her with his commentary, which she doesn’t appreciate. They
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
This gave me SUCH strong Hating Game vibes and my christmassy heart is THRIVING
Jacob Proffitt
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chaste, audiobook, romance
This was pretty short, but I'm a huge fan of the narrators and it seemed like a great fit for the season, so I gave it a shot. And it worked for me for most of the story. Until it pulled into Stupidville for a stupiding and couldn't find its way out again. I mean, I kind of loved the premise of two people having reversed names and having some internal company issues because their emails get missent. I mean that's an interesting meet cute. And I enjoyed seeing them get along as they got to know ...more
Diana
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really sweet enemies to lovers holiday story. Andi Arndt and Sebastian York were once again, perfect together!
Phrynne
Dec 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 5000-2019
I picked this up from Audible Original as one of their freebies for December. It was an entertaining way to spend 2+ hours of listening time. The narrators were particularly good.

The story started well and then continued in a fairly predictable manner. I did feel that what we were told was Kennedy's character and how it came across in the story did not align well. Actually his character was all over the place but it all came good in the end.

The ending was silly but sweet. Just don't take it too
Jessica
Dec 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: owned, audio
EW NO. The second this switched to the man’s perspective I was OUT. “I felt a twitch in my pants.” “Hearing that no man had planted his flag on planet Riley for a long time made me a little crazy.”

Unsuitable guy who’s kind of a jerk is then reformed into dream boyfriend is not a favorite of mine, but I get that it’s a trope that exists. This was beyond that. No thank you. Also, the woman’s big realization near the end is that she IS boring and if only she could get that man back her life would
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
It’s free fro audio member go get it so excited about it!! Perfect for this season ...more
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

Oh, this was fun! I picked this book as a freebie with no plans to read it anytime soon. The book that I had planned to read just didn't appeal to me so I decided to go ahead and give this one a try. I do enjoy shorter listens from time to time and the fact that this book is narrated by Andi Arndt and Sebastian York was a big plus. I found this to be a well-done romance and I am glad that I decided to give it a try.

I loved the setup
Corinna
Dec 12, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: audible-listens
Typically, I'm not a sucker for romance. I tend to veer in the direction of action and suspense. But around Christmas, my Mom's corny Christmas tradition of watching Hallmark movies infiltrates my reading habits, and I end up reading a handful of twinkle-light-problems-that-resolve-perfectly-shaken-snowglobe-powder-snow-Christmas-miracle romances.

Naturally, the nature of rom-coms and Christmas romances comes with a specific set of tropes. But a few of the tropes in this story threw themselves
Lara
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
A sleazy, sexist man manipulates a woman into loving him. It was a truly awful book. I give their relationship two years before restraining orders and divorce lawyers ate needed. Luckily this book was an Audible free selection for December, so I don't feel terribly cheated. Instead, I just feel disturbed.
Mindy Lou's Book Review
First let me just say that the narrators were fantastic. I really enjoyed both of them and their performance of this book. Unfortunately, the story itself felt a bit lacking for me.

I was looking forward to a short, cute Christmas story and what we got was a hero who started off obnoxiously. I just really don't enjoy the "school yard" romance. These characters are supposed to be adults. If the guy likes the girl, shouldn't they be nice to them instead of teasing them like they are 5 years old?

Wil Loves Books!
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, audiobook
Super cute Audible original story narrated by Andi Arndt and Sebastian York.
This was short and cute albeit predictable but it definitely kept my interest the entire time.
I really liked the story and I definitely have to admit that I really liked both Andi and Sebastian, which as you know are not really my favorite narrators. Anyway, definitely recommend if you want a sweet, short Christmas story!
♥Rachel♥
Well done and lots of fun! Having Andi Arndt and Sebastian York narrate was the icing on the cake. Love their performances!
Jenny (Reading Envy)
I listened to this quick Audible original while I did some weekend cleaning - it's a contemporary romance with two narrators. It all starts when an advice columnist receives a question from one person at a company and accidentally replies to the other.

In poking around I discovered that what the male narrator looks like is a big mystery - his voice is awfully familiar to me and I have some guesses....
Jacqueline's Reads
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
4 quick easy Christmas Read

I’m obsessed with Christmas audio reads and if you are an audible member then it’s this month’s free read.

The narrators are one of my favorites and it’s a cute office romance troupe.

It was a bit frustrating towards the end, but I think the authors have to add a little tension (since it tends to be their writing style).

I highly recommend if you want a quick Christmas read.
Rachel Aranda
4.5-5 stars

My last buddy read of the year and it was a really good one. There is no smut in this (which can be a pro or con depending on who you are. This leans more on the line of sexual tension build up that had nice kissing moments. This book hit the spot of a Christmas romance that I was in the mood for. I genuinely wanted to keep listening instead of having to pause it (darn work ruins my listening plans at times). Also, the cover art is just so cute and I love the design.

Something to note
Lindsay
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Riley Kennedy and Kennedy Riley work for the same company and occasionally get each other's mail. Then Kennedy actually comments on one of Riley's emails and Riley writes a scathing response. She never expects to actually meet the man, but when they do, sparks fly and they end up being each others fake dates for upcoming events.

This is a quick and fun audio short that pings off a couple of common romance tropes (fake dating, enemies to lovers).
Mara
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook-owned, audio
I was actually quite charmed by this one! I liked the little hook of people with unisex names that can also be last names as the way that the main characters encounter each other, and I think this book overall managed to deliver on the well worn trope elements that we love (fake relationships, home for Christmas, etc.) but with plenty of little twists and lovely character moments. I've not read anything from these authors, but this makes me want to read more!
Robin (Bridge Four)
This was a great little holiday story that saved me from watching the Hallmark station, thank you audible for the free Audio Original.

Riley and Kennedy have never really met, they just each get the others email sometimes due to have the same name only in reverse from one another. One is Riley Kennedy and the other Kennedy Riley so there has been some cross traffic on emails. Kennedy has even offered Riley unsolicited advice from time to time on her emails helpful man that he is. Riley is
Mariah Roze
Dec 16, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a cute read for Christmas time, but definitely not a must-read.

"Riley Kennedy’s emails keep getting crossed with her colleague, Kennedy Riley.
The infuriating man forwards them along with his annoying commentary and unsolicited advice. At least she never has to see him in person since they work in different locations…until they come face to face at the office holiday party. As luck would have it, Kennedy turns out to be gorgeous…though still a jerk. Yet somehow he’s able to charm her
Dec 10, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: audiobook
I was just trying to read a cute, short, Christmas romance and with this premise I thought it would be just that, it wasn't. I knew I would have to ignore certain issues with a story this short, but it was just too much.

For some reason I feel the need to defend myself so here are a couple (spoilery) reasons this was so bad for me:

The entire opening premise where he reads her emails, pulls her out on to the dance floor at the holiday party, and then books the same flight as her even though she
Jessica {Litnoob}
Dec 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was just so damn cute omg. I didn’t expect to like this as much as I did. This was the ultimate meet cute gone awry that ends up being the cutest damn romcom ever. Riley and Kennedy were both people dealing with a heavy past and letting that scare them away from a possible future. So seeing them grow out of that and into something more was awesome. I shipped it so hard people. And I can’t wait to read more by these authors in the new year.
Jamie (TheRebelliousReader)
3 stars. Very quick and cute listen for what it was. Also, it was free so there's not much to really complain about. Both narrators did a fantastic job, though I wasn't crazy about the hero, Kennedy. He was annoying but I loved both his and Riley's families though. They were great and I liked Riley as well. This was a really fluffy and fun listen with a bit of insta-love and it all wrapped up very nicely. If you're looking for something quick to listen to that is filled with holiday spirit, I'd ...more
Natasha Niezgoda
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars!! Freaking sassy “need a date to bring home for Christmas” story! I just adored it!

Okay, mini-review for this mini audiobook!

The characters, pacing, steam, and humor are ON POINT! It's so sassy, playful and addictive. I listened to the whole thing on my flight to Seattle and it was perfection. Riley and Kennedy are pure bliss - I was enamored with their personalities, and honestly, I docked .75 stars because I wish it was longer!

Highly recommend this. I know Christmas has come and
Melissa
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is another super short audible holiday romance narrated by the power duo of Andi Arndt and Sebastian York. It's a cute little story about two coworkers who have an unusual situation, shared names but in reverse ... Kennedy Riley and Riley Kennedy. This leads to a crossing of emails, where Kennedy learns some personal details about Riley's life ... and that leads to a pact where Kennedy will pretend to be Riley's boyfriend at a family holiday gathering while Riley will be Kennedy's ...more
Dec 27, 2019 rated it liked it

Happy Holidays!

I recently decided to really dive into the audio world. It was my gift to myself this year. :) Over the years, I’ve dabbled with audio books, but now I’m really IN the deep end. The Christmas Pact was one of my first holiday listens. And it was…okay.

The whole fake relationship plot is one of my favorites, but a big reason why I adore the pretend game is for the fun. I didn’t feel much fun with this little tale. The ingredients were all there, but it just didn’t pop for me.

I did
Kisvette💛
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
short and heart warming ...more
Erin Arkin
I enjoyed this one! It's quick and I always love the enemies to more trope. If you're looking for a nice, quick romance on audio, check this one out!
Christina R
Dec 11, 2019 rated it did not like it
What I thought would be a cheesy hallmark Christmas movie type of story ended up being an awful tale about a creepy, sleazy misogynist coercing a female to become romantically and sexually involved with him. I have watched my fair share of bad love stories but I was genuinely disturbed by this one. The “hero” is creepy and manipulative. It’s stories like these that convince women trapped in abusive relationships that they are actually in a fairytale relationship. It is not okay to talk to, ...more
Garan
Dec 11, 2019 rated it liked it
this was a cute lil novella. it worked for me pretty much the whole time. kinda enemies to lovers and fake dating. i giggled a good bit. the epilogue had me cackling.

the conflict was just not my fave and was a little silly so that brought it down to a 3 for me.

• Buried Deep
  • Midnight Son
  • Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words
  • Interview with the Robot
  • Viva Durant and The Secret of the Silver Buttons
  • Special Delivery (Always Satisfied #5)
  • Junkyard Cats
  • Carnival Row: Tangle in the Dark
Vi Keeland is a #1 New York Times, #1 Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author. With millions of books sold, her titles have appeared in over one hundred Bestseller lists and are currently translated in twenty-six languages. She resides in New York with her husband and their three children where she is living out her own happily ever after with the boy she met at age six.

Stop by and