Start by marking “Counting Down With You” as Want to Read:
Counting Down With You

Tashie Bhuiyan

Counting Down With You

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  34 ratings  ·  16 reviews
In this romantic contemporary YA novel, a Bangladeshi-Muslim teenager navigates the difficulties of independence, family, and first love after being roped into a fake dating facade by a classmate. Publication is scheduled for mid-2021.
Hardcover
Expected publication: 2021 by Inkyard Press/HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Counting Down With You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Counting Down With You

it was amazing Average rating 5.00  ·

Start your review of Counting Down With You
Zoulfa Katouh
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
yes, be jealous, people. i know the author and had the gift of reading it EARLY MWAHAHAHAHA!
Tashie has a way with words. She strings them together and makes you have an Emotion™ and you just wanna scream into a pillow from cuteness and immediately eat a chocolate muffin.
The friendship was just everything to me. I demand it to be the blueprint for all future female friendships in books FOREVER!
And the romance was just... I mean... okay!?!! Ace is just everything and I love his smirks
dessie
this is THE debut of the century, i havent read it yet but i know this
sofia
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I count myself lucky for having the pleasure to read this book and I thank the heavens everyday for having Miss Tashie in my life, her book is full of realistic relatable characters and the struggles that Karina goes through in her everyday life really resonated with me. This book made me laugh, cry and wish that I was friends with the main characters. Words can't describe how much I love this book and how important this story is to not only POC, but anyone feeling like they can't express their ...more
michelle
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
had the honor to read this book and from someone who basically only reads contemporary books now let me just say tashie and this book blew me away. i can’t wait for everyone to read this and fall in love with this story, characters and all the relationships!!
J. Elle
This book.
This book!
Where to start...

It's difficult to sum up (with brevity) just how enjoyable and powerful COUNTING DOWN WITH YOU is. The author's ability to make me absolute googly-eyed swoon as if I were back in high school is probably my favorite part of this story. This is one of those stories that's like an exquisite piece of chocolate after a long day. You nibble and savor and TRYYY to make it last because the thought of not being able to hide away with this delectable treat is unbear
Kalie
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Had the absolute privilege of reading this book and can say for a fact that it is beautiful and charming and moving. It is heartbreaking and heartwarming. As well as sweet and wonderful and hilarious. The author deftly weaves together complicated family dynamics, a swoon-worthy romance, self-discovery, and so many other threads that create a book that leaves you not only satisfied but blown away. These characters will fill your heart and stay with you long after you turn the last page. With whip ...more
Zuzu Bicane
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was honored with the chance to read this novel and let me tell you, I couldn’t put it down. I read it in maybe five hours, literally could not put it down. I’m so happy there’s a book out there like this where it’s OWN VOICES and speaks true to the Muslim experience. I love the relationships between the characters: the friendships gave me life, the romance gave me the feels, and the grandma dynamic made me fawn over this novel. Definitely one of the best books I’ve read this year and even...my ...more
Holly Hughes
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had the absolute honour to read an early draft of Counting Down With You, and I adore it with every fibre of my being. This is such an important story, and I’m so excited for it to be published so it can find it’s way into the hands of so many readers who I know it will help.

It will make you laugh. It will make you cry. It will fill your heart with so much hope. And really, what more could you ask for from a story?
anam
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm SOOO grateful to have had the honour of reading this book. As a muslim brown girl myself it hit me in all the right places. The friendships were realistic and the romance was gorgeous. The fake-dating trope is absolutely one of my favourites and Tashie pulls it off beautifully. AND the protagonists relationship with her grandma was the absolute soul of this book for me, I will never shut up about them.
Jackie
Sep 25, 2019 marked it as 2021-omg
EVERYONE ADD THIS BOOK TO YOUR TBRS BECAUSE IT'S GONNA BE ON THE NYT BESTSELLER LIST OF 2021 I CAN FEEL IT.

i'm genuinely so so sooo excited for this to come out like i already know miss tashie is gonna hit us right in the feels with this one AND IT HAS FAKE DATING LIKE HELLOOOO.

rep: Bangladeshi-Muslim protagonist
alyssa
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
honestly one of my fav books ive read this year (and no i am not biased)!!! i cant believe tashie gave me the HONOR to read it but i will be thankful forever! this is truly a beautiful and amazing book and i cant wait for everyone to read it!!! i hope you all fall in love with the characters as much as i did!
Fari Cannon
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Had the absolute honor of receiving an early copy for this debut and my heart is so warm.

“I’m not a bad person for wanting.”

I was rooting for Karina the entire time. You can feel her anxiety and fear and joy and hope in equal parts. Karina is headstrong and stubborn, but there’s apart of her that is felled by kindness and it made her so layered and interesting to read about.

Ace is her perfect match. Except, he’s not, which makes it more perfect. He’s the exact type of character i
lavender
Shelves: favorites
talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before, unafraid to reference or not reference, put it in a blender, shit on it, vomit on it, eat it, give birth to it. - lady gaga about tashie bhuiyan and this book.
Kasey
Shelves: 2021
THE book of this century
DeAnna McEntire
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I haven’t read this particular book yet but I had the privilege of reading an early draft of Tashie’s YA fantasy manuscript and it was PHENOMENAL so I am certain this book will be just as fantastic. Tashie creates characters that leap off the page and into your heart. Her writing is so beautiful you will be wishing you lived in her stories. She’s the debut author to watch in 2021!
maisha
Oct 02, 2019 marked it as to-read
i know this comes out in 2021 but omg a Bangladeshi-American teen??? this is the kind of book i've been waiting for since i was a kid and i'm so here for it :')
Genesis
Paige Powars
lorena
Emily Aldridge
Sep 29, 2019
Tashie Bhuiyan is a Bangladeshi-American writer based in New York City. She is an Author Mentor Match alum and an undergrad student at St. John’s University, where she’s studying Public Relations. If she's not in a Chipotle or a bookstore, she can probably be found wandering the NYC streets, rambling about the latest pop culture news or laughing over a meme on Twitter.

Her debut novel C