Start by marking “The Wallflower, Vol. 13 (The Wallflower, #13)” as Want to Read:
The Wallflower, Vol. 13 (The Wallflower, #13)

The Wallflower, Vol. 13 (The Wallflower #13)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  1,071 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews

Sunako just wants to remain in seclusion inside her dark room, but glam Auntie has other plans and drags her niece to a party. Upon arrival, Sunako takes refuge in an empty coffin, where she finds a diamond. Imagine morbid Sunako�s delight when she learns the jewel is cursed!
Published September 25th 2007 by Del Rey (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Wallflower, Vol. 13, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wallflower, Vol. 13

Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another volume I really liked. Since there were sooo many ship moments. Sunako and Takano are really so cute together but THEY JUST DON'T KNOW IT UGH! (view spoiler) ...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Good volume.
Oct 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It is a great book to read
The Wallflower, Vol 13 is a bit more tied together than the last volume (in that three of the chapters/stories kind of follow each other).

Chapter 51 brings the Landlady back into the picture - who is planning on becoming a traditional Japanese housewife. And anyone who has read the previous books is probably going - What? We get more Auntie and Sunako-chan bonding in this story and that unconditional love between these two. Not to mention the whole message of being yourself. It was a wonderful
May 13, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Overall Rating: B
Synopsis: A Shōjo comedy/romance manga created by Tomoko Hayakawa. At the beginning of the manga, Sunako Nakahara confesses her love to a boy, who utterly rejects her and tells her she's ugly. As any reasonably young person would do, Sunako then discards all traces of her femininity, and retreats into odd and morbid hobbies, such as collecting skulls.

Fortunately, Sunako's aunt owns a mansion that four gorgeous boys live in (huh?). Apparently, the boys pay rent to live in the ma
Oct 03, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, humour
In this volume, Sunako and her aunt spend some quality time together; Sunako ends up naked on Kyohei’s bed, and then just about everywhere else; and finally, Sunako goes creepy and crazy when Kyohei appears to reject her cooking.

Last time I commented on a volume of The Wallflower, I said nothing ever seems to change, and while this volume is as episodic as the last, the tone felt different. Sunako is still undeniably *strange* (and happy that way), but she spends less time freaking out about th
In this volume Sunako is possessed by a spirit in a diamond, and visits Kyouhei NAKED! in his room! And Kyouhei freezes! cuz he is in 'puberty' hahaha. Obviously when Sunako remember this, she wants to die.

I thought we will finally have some romantic scenes between the two of them, when Kyouhei started to skip her meals (he is her biggest fan after all) and she could not sleep cuz she was cooking all the time, trying to get the perfect food. How could I not remember this was Sunako-chan? It was
Nov 13, 2014 rated it liked it
the very best wallflower volumes are the ones where sunako rides hard for other women. trufax

combine that with my weakness for stories about ~family~ and i was basically nodding and smiling my way through the entire housewife storyline

kind of ridiculous? true! but what is not ridiculous is sunako loving her aunt and wanting to find ways to spend time together. that is what we here in the biz call heartwarming as heck

3 stars
After taking a trip with the Landlady, Sunako comes back with a piece of jewelry. But when the jewelry has a mind of its own, what is Sunako to do when she wants to keep it hidden and it wants her to put it, and Sunako, on display?

The main thread of this one works pretty well, but some of the secondary arcs, including a final one involving Sunako cooking for Kyohei don't pan out as well. Still, might as well keep reading.
Apr 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Ho wow a lot happened here! There was so many funny stuff going on!!! Like the landlady being a housewife, that was real fun! And we get to know more about her relationship with Sunako-chan I think it is an important part of the manga because in volume 1 when I read that the aunt asked the boys to transform her niece I wonder what sort of relationship they had. But answers are soon to come I guess
Dec 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Loved this series. I love reverse harem type series especially when the girl is considered to be 'plain.' Nakahara was a hilarious character and I loved all of her creepy ways.

It was similar in my mind to Boys Over Flowers. Same general concept and characters.
Oct 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Overall series review (mostly) 4 Stars - so far, I’ve still got a few to go…
Additional: Like most long running series there are some duff chapters/volumes

Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
So very funny;

conflicted feelings have arisen,

but I really enjoyed it.

✔ ✔ ✔
Oct 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Sunako helps Auntie play housewife (so cute!) then Sunako and the cursed diamond (so drama!) plus lots of Sunako + Kyohei awkwardness.
Kristine Hansen
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
For some reason the cooking story really resonated with me, but the rest was enjoyable too. Wondered why this book had the 16+ rating on it, and then hit "The Brilliant Accident." o.O Too funny!
Amanda G.
Aug 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
this book is good love the romance and havin the four boys being nice 2 sunako and love the comdey plus when they get scared of sunako we she stared at them they scream?????
Angga Ferdianto
Oct 05, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mangamania
bener2 komik yang konyol dan menghibur,walaupun khayal pastinya
Kayla Loewen
Oct 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This one was so funny! I loved it.
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2017
Sep 17, 2013
  • The Betrayal Knows My Name, Volume 05
  • Girl Got Game, Vol. 7
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 15 (Hana-Kimi, #15)
  • W Juliet, Vol. 13
  • Goong: Palace Story Vol. 5 (Goong #5)
  • Millennium Snow, Vol. 4 (Millennium Snow, #4)
  • Maid-sama! (2-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes Volumes 1  2
  • キスよりも早く12 [Kisu Yorimo Hayaku 12] (Faster than a Kiss #12)
Tomoko Hayakawa (はやかわ ともこ, Hayakawa Tomoyo) is a Japanese artist and writer, best known for her ongoing manga The Wallflower, which has spawned both an anime and a live action series.
More about Tomoko Hayakawa...

The Wallflower (1 - 10 of 36 books)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 1 (The Wallflower, #1)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 2 (The Wallflower, #2)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 3 (The Wallflower, #3)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 4 (The Wallflower, #4)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 5 (The Wallflower, #5)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 6 (The Wallflower, #6)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 7 (The Wallflower, #7)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 8 (The Wallflower, #8)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 9 (The Wallflower, #9)
  • The Wallflower, Vol. 10 (The Wallflower, #10)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)