Start by marking “Find Your Flow: Capture it, Use it, and Make it Yours” as Want to Read:
Find Your Flow: Capture it, Use it, and Make it Yours

Find Your Flow: Capture it, Use it, and Make it Yours

Flow is an optimal mental state that you can control, create, and experience every day. Once you learn how to master flow, your happiness will flow quicklyand effortlessly as you use strategies to gain control over your life, focus on what matters most, and motivate action towardyour goals and dreams. But how do you harness flow?

In Find Your Flow, life coach and
Published January 7th 2020 by Rock Point

To ask other readers questions about Find Your Flow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Find Your Flow

Start your review of Find Your Flow: Capture it, Use it, and Make it Yours
Holly
Jan 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020
Do you feel unfulfilled? Are you successful but still not feeling happy? Then this is the book for you! Find Your Flow is basically a how-to guide that explains what you need to do in order to be happy. But it isn’t a magical solution — in other words, you won’t become happy just from reading it. It will require daily work on your part and the author clearly lays out a four-step system that she personally vouches for.

This is a friendly and motivating book that’s determined to make you happier.
eyes.2c
Jan 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Mindfulness. The art of Being.

This all seemed slightly familiar to me. I used to start my morning in somewhat similar undertakings of Gratitude, writing things down, journaling and focusing on the day ahead. I haven't done that for eons, and this short, succinct work is positive, easy to follow and useful.
The four step program includes--
Morning Grateful flow: Wake up Happy
Forward Focus:Living with Intention
Total Flow: Train Your Brain
Nighttime Reflections: Become Aware, Grow and Flow
Journal
Natalie
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an advanced reader copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review via netgalley and the publishers.

What a fantastic motivational book to help teach you the importance of positive thinking and recognizing what is important, achievable and the power of planning this daily and reflecting upon our days, plans and experiences too.

The back has afew blank pages to fill in to get you started which is a fantastic idea as it gives you a guide of getting into a routine, showing you
Sally Conlon
Jan 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book really got 2020 off to a great start! Easy to read, follow and beautifully designed the author really brings the psychology of flow to life in a way that feels accessible and achievable.The practical nature of the book means you can start to journal for flow immediately after reading with the book even having some journal pages at the back! It’s simple, practical and you can start right away!
Shelby
Dec 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
While I’m sure the majority of us are familiar with the concept of gratitude journaling, I was surprised at just how effective it could be when combined with the mundane everyday tasks that we tend to regard as chores or things to just “get through “.

These obligations become something a bit more sacred when they are given a mindful approach. We no longer “go with the flow” in life, instead we become the ones in control.

The concept of this book is based off of psychologically proven methods that
Janet
When it is snowy and cold outside, superspeed readers like me can read 150 - 200+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. LOL

From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do .

Flow is an optimal mental state that you can control, create,
Julie
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Followed Sarah Gregg on social media and really looked forward for Find your flow to launch.
I had very high expectations and I was not dissipointed then I got to read it.

This system is just brilliant. The book is build op around 4 exsices, personal storys from Sarah and sheets in the back for praticing the flow system.
This system is around4 themes:- Morning gratitude- High value and high flow priorities- Scripting the day- Nighttime reflection
The system help you start your day with a positive
Julia
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This is a great practical book to introduce elements of flow into daily living. For anyone who wants to apply flow in their lives with four clear strategies that author Sarah Gregg outlines in very clear terms. The book feels so good in my hands, is beautifully designed, the perfect size to carry along with you on travel, to a coffeeshop, or cozy up with at home. If you'e someone who is tired of reading book after book trying to find clear cut strategies, look no further! This book gives you the ...more
Ryan Oxley
Jan 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I'll lay my cards on this table with this book - this is good. As self-help books go, I'll admit to being a complete novice however, I have been practising mindfulness meditation now for 10 months, and 'find your flow' appears to apply some of the same therapeutic techniques, that when applied, can improve your life. The book itself is beautifully designed (very 'Instagram-able') and I guess this is for easy readability and can be put down / picked up when required. Sarah Gregg certainly knows ...more
Andrea Goepfrich
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Find Your Flow was a great read that helped me remember to use my time on the important things. I definitely enjoyed reading this beautifully written and illustrated book but the real power came when I began to implement the journal system.

I have become a happier and more focused person after adding the journal techniques to my routine. Through frequent use of the journal system, I have also gained the clarity and confidence to embark on a drastic career change. My favorite technique that I
Denise Nolson
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Beautiful and Practical Self Help Book

This is a beautifully designed book that would make a great gift for a friend or just a special treat for yourself! Find Your Flow is a very easy & enjoyable read, & the author does a great job of breaking down the psychology of flow into jargon free language. She uses her own personal examples which brings a lovely sense of warmth & connection.

I'm very pragmatic, so I loved the practical nature of Find Your Flow, & having the journal pages
Janet
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a busy working Mum of 3 girls, I am always looking for ways to better balance and organise my time. Find Your Flow is filled with interesting science based insights into how I could improve in that area. I really liked setting the high value priorities and high flow priorities - it's a good daily reminder to take time to do things for me, even something small, and focus on what's important on my (always huge) to do list.

It's a short book and an easy read but I think to really feel the
Enora
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-help
I had some doubt about this book when it started with this quote, which felt very exclusive and quite vague at the same time: "To all those brave enough to become who they truly are, stay courageous".

The book itself is a reformulation of what I have read hundreds of time in other self-help books: a) Short biography on how the author was living an unsatisfying life, had a breakthrough and then applied some life-changing method to be fully fulfilled in the present. b)List of those tips: morning
Kylie Turner
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this to be a concise, easy to read book that's perfect for busy people looking for a practical way to approach finding flow in their lives. While some parts of the book I was familiar with (expressing gratitude or as its referred to in the book, morning grateful flow and night time reflection) there were some parts which were new to me, for instance I found it interesting to learn about setting high flow priorities and also use total flow to train my attention.

It's a great practical
Melissa
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read Find Your Flow because I wanted to find a new way to journal and support my personal growth. I needed it to be easy to implement in my day.

I really enjoyed reading the book and it honestly felt effortless because of the dynamic and warm way it is written. It flows well and has a calming design. You can instantly put the lessons into practice.

Sarah expresses her own personal stories, uses psycology and anecdotes in each chapter and offers practical tips to be successful finding flow. The
Dan Saunders
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
A really good read that came at the right time for me.

Sarah drives home the importance of focusing and structuring your day, which is something I've often overlooked. I particularly enjoyed learning more about flow, and the psychology behind it – it's something that I'm sure I will benefit from on a new venture I'm undertaking and I really appreciate the research that must have gone into it.

If you're feeling overwhelmed and looking to take back some control, or you're looking to get
Christy ImperfectlyWorthy
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I have been on a self-help / mentalhealth journey for a couple years now, and have been reading books similar to Find Your Flow, I always find them to be a bit overwhelming, so was pleased to see that this was only about 100 pages. It read a bit like a class textbook, and i did find my focus to be wavering quite a bit once I hit the halfway mark, but there was enough examples and ah-ha moments to get me through. And I was definitely a fan of the guided journalling pages at the back of the book. ...more
Jessie
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such an impactful and insightful yet easy read the author has compiled! We’re all so busy these days and frequently suffering from overwhelm, so the tips and clear roadmap provided in here have been immensely helpful for my productivity and peace of mind.

Flow is a topic that has been so widely discussed in recent years, but I never really understood it, let alone how to attain it. This breakdown is simply incredible.

Thank you netgalley for a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review!
Hayley
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent little read on my Saturday afternoon, especially at a time when things often feel very hectic during this festive season.
I loved the simple yet practice tips on journaling and it also reiterated the importance of reflection at the days end. Gratification is a powerful tool that we often disregard.
This would make the perfect gift to someone who is interested to begin taking the first steps to positive flow in their lives.
Priya
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book talks about the four things we should do daily to live a life full of flow.

1) Morning gratitude
2) Setting intention for the day'
3) Mindfulness throughout the day
4) Night time reflection

The book talks about scripting your ideal day. The information presented was useful and the book was very pleasing to look at.

Recommended as a physical book. Will make a good gift.

I received a free copy of this book from NetGalley.
Anna Faustino
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book is something that everyone can benefit from reading!

Outlining a simple yet logical journaling method, I can see how it can help you be a happier version of yourself.

The book itself is easy to read and was very relatable. It contained a good mix of personal anecdotes and scientific literature which is often lacking from self-help books.

Overall, fab read for those looking to practice gratitude and self reflection.
Rachel
Dec 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is perfect for the busy, high achiever type who wants to add more flow to their life! I enjoyed the findings and had so many "ah-ha" moments while reading. I've used the book's recommendations in my morning and nightly routine and have already seen small improvements in my day to day life. I definitely would recommend reading this book!
Catherine Ryan
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The serene and calming colour of the cover and thoughout the book reminded me of the sea!
Find your flow encapulates the simple and basic tools we all need to positively make changes to be happier in our lives whatever our individual circumstances. Its realistic and adaptable to all if you use the tools provided in the book.
Eva Nekovar Payne
Feb 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Sarah is a brilliant author. Not only are the pages beautifully written and designed, but the strategies are impactful. We can all live a life in flow and she gives the reader an easy system to accomplish this goal. Her strategies work!! You are giving yourself the gift of flow when you read her book.
Helen Reavey
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This book was transformative for my life. I love how easy the journal system is and how much sense this made. What I really enjoyed about this book was the scientific facts to back it up. This book is so well written and I really feel like I'm on the journey with the author herself. An absolute neccessity in your life, I highly recommend this book.
Alena Danilova
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is really wonderful practice book, everyone must have it! I’m a Russian psychologist and it was very interesting for me, I’d love to buy a paper copy to hold it in my hand and to use recommendations every day!
Alexandra
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Not a long book, a nice start point reference. A few tips to help you through the day to try and make it flow better.
Emily Silva
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been using the flow journal system for a few weeks now and have noticed quite a difference in my days. By taking the time to map out my priorities, I feel more confident that I will finish what needs to get done. This system has added more purpose to my mornings and ease to my days. I highly recommend!!
Andrew
Feb 15, 2020
Danica Gordon
Feb 14, 2020

• Dukes, Actually (12 Dukes of Christmas # 5)
  • The Living Well Without Lectins Cookbook: 125 Lectin-Free Recipes for Optimum Gut Health, Losing Weight, and Feeling Great
  • Mom Babble: The Messy Truth about Motherhood
  • Unf*ck Your Finances
  • Will My Cat Eat My Eyeballs? Big Questions from Tiny Mortals About Death
  • Saga, Vol. 1
  • His Royal Highness
  • What Kind of Girl
  • Gardening Your Front Yard: Projects and Ideas for Big and Small Spaces
  • Scaredy Monster (Scaredy Monster Book 1)
  • Eunice and Kate
  • True to Me
  • In Tune: Music as the Bridge to Mindfulness
  • Brimstone (The Metals Trilogy #1)
  • Help Wanted, Must Love Books
  • Laughter Includes the Word: Revealed, A Life of Poetry
  • Mindful Thoughts for Mothers: A Journey of Loving Awareness
Sarah is a Northern Irish girl with a huge passion for unlocking human potential (you could call it a bit of an obsession). Sarah is a member of the British Psychological Society, a certified life coach, business coach, and a certified Neuro-Linguistic Programming Practitioner. She's helped hundreds of ambitious individuals and businesses to dream big and take consistent action to get the results, ...more