Start by marking “Lost in Amber (An Out Of This World Paranormal Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Lost in Amber (An Out Of This World Paranormal Romance, #1)

Lost in Amber

(An Out of This World Paranormal Romance #1)

Girl power, superpowers and a toe-curling love story.

She just wanted to mope over her breakup, but the universe had other plans for Zoey Mills.

Twenty-four year old Zoey is at that particular point in her life when everything seems to be going sideways. Over the course of one week her boyfriend breaks up with her and she finds out she’s been genetically altered

Published January 17th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Lost in Amber, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost in Amber

Start your review of Lost in Amber (An Out Of This World Paranormal Romance, #1)
MrsJoseph *grouchy*
Wow. Where do I start??

Lemme see: I ran across this book as I was skimming GR’s never ending shithole of a homepage. So I guess the author can thank (blame) GR for introducing me to her work.

So. I ran across a blog post she wrote and it caught my eye – because it was yet another one of those “I’m a new SPA and I will bring attention to myself by being controversial because no publicity is bad publicity.” Normally I ignore those types because they always are bad writers but right now I am in the
Carole P. Roman
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lost in Amber takes off like a runaway train and the action doesn't stop until the last page. Zoey is bereft when the love of her life, James, leaves without explanation. Sam and Emma come to the rescue and the trio of girlfriends comfort each other through their assorted heartbreaks. That's just the beginning of their problems. Little do they know that Zoey's downstairs neighbor is an alien, sent to bring in humans whose DNA has been tampered with by a rogue scientist. Zoey is one of those affe ...more
Kelly Jane Savage
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Lost in Amber” is a story of love, betrayal, and adventure, but mostly it’s a story about Zoey, Jasper, and their friends. Esther Rabbit’s debut novel is full of quirky, lovable characters, each brought to life through Rabbit’s distinctive voice and set on a course that will change their lives forever.
Ellie Mitchell
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What determines good and evil?

Upon starting Esther Rabbit's Lost in Amber, I was amazed at the quality and depth of her work. the characters came alive on the page, each with their own unique and consistent personalities.

Zoey and Jasper were by far my favourite characters, each just as stubborn as each other.
This gripping debut novel explores our humanity, how we came to be here on Earth, and the potential of other life existing in the universe. It's wrapped up into an epic story of friendship,
Antonella
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Unique and interesting plotline!
I really enjoy it. There is somewhat of a cliffhanger so I'm glad I have the next book on my Kindle.
Sci-fi & aliens are a bit out of my comfort zone, but I enjoyed this storyline.. it was very engaging.
I hope to see more romance in the next book!
Grady
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
‘Earth is primitive in its development – never for one moment have we imagined this
outcome!’

New author Esther Rabbit exercises her talent for writing by reaching out to upcoming writers to help them as a content creator. She also is a Digital Marketing Specialist, speaks four languages, and appears to be entering the genre of paranormal/fantasy/romances.

Esther offers a summary of this unique novel that touches on science as much as science fiction – utilizing the concepts of genetic enhancement
Miki
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really hope it hits the big screen!

This is exactly the type of novel that deserves a movie! I can picture it, the special effects, Jasper and Zoey finally giving into each other, telekinesis! Lost in amber was a very visual read, I laughed, panicked, and there was enough suspense to keep me on my toes! The word building of this novel is spectacular, descriptive but without going overboard and drowning in unnecessary details and I repeat, very very visual. Excited to read the sequel!!!
Kristen Baird
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Funny, witty and entertaining.
This was an easy read with a gripping story. It has a good balance of a love story and adventure with strong, lead female characters.
Tomas Grizzly
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, romance
Roughly 4* with possible bias both up and down. For something outside my usual genre preference, it was enjoyable.
---
What surprised me is that even though the book takes some 20% to reach the first hints of action, said first 20% are often humorous which makes it easier to go through. While I was wondering how much of it I need to know, it fell into place shortly after instead of having to wait for a long time.
What felt a bit strange was that the human characters, despite being young women short
Samantha
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great first novel by new author Esther Rabbit!

Main characters Zoey and her girlfriends Sam and Emma, are all currently grumbled in the love department, find themselves in the middle of an intergalactic skirmish thanks to a rogue scientist dabbling in genetics with the earthlings.

Sprinkled with pop culture references, this one is full of action, intrigue and romance!
Samfreene
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lost in Amber: Esther Rabbit
Within the world there are those that are not human and are on Earth to protect the inhabitants from demise, destruction and loss of lives. The Universal Alliance is notified that their Ambassador Etienne has violated the rules and reasons he was sent to Earth and his fate has been determined. Trenton Beck worked along side him and has taken up what he started which needs to be addressed and the reasons for what he’s doing stopped. In a world not like ours where there
Mike Robbins
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An undercover mission from another planet has gone rogue and started messing with people’s DNA without their knowledge, endowing select humans with powers that will one day make them useful. But their own rulers are angry with them, and are coming for them; and the people they’ve altered are caught in the middle. That includes Zoey, a gentle schoolteacher who’s just had a bad breakup. And her two strong, sassy friends.

Lost in Amber does two jobs really. It’s a paranormal story, with strong overt
Rebecca McNutt
Lost in Amber differs a lot from the usual books I read, but I really enjoyed it, especially its originality and the well-placed dialogue, humour and drama throughout. It would be easy for readers who dislike romance and fantasy to dismiss this book, but it's a lot more than just a romance. There's a powerful connection between the main characters that makes the book come alive in a realistic and unforgettable way. It's a great YA novel, and it also has many excellent quotes.

My only complaint is
Mandy Haggard
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just wow!

5 stars!! The imagination and scientific facts in this story blew me away!
Also, the action was superb! Such an original story! Loved the dialog and all of the characters and their side stories.
I was entranced by the growing romance between Zoey and Jasper! Oh, man! The ending threw me for such a loop! I definitely recommend Lost In Amber!!!! Can't wait to find out what happens next!!!
Rebecca Hefner
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a really cool read that had a bit of everything: aliens, other worlds, romance, a sisterhood of great friends, sci-fi...wow! I wasn't really expecting all that when I started it, but it made it so much better! It's fascinating to see things evolve through Zoey's eyes. Our fearless main character is so many shades of awesome. Her relationship with Jasper, and watching it unfold, was one of my favorite things about the book. The secondary characters are great too. As with any good story, ...more
Rachel
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lost in Amber is a gorgeously iddy read from debut author Esther Rabbit. One of my favourite things is when you can tell the author really had a lot of fun writing their book and this is definitely the case with Lost in Amber. It makes me think a bit of a science-fiction Sex in the City, as the three female protagonists have very different personalities but absolute unwavering affection for each other. We start off with a lot of relationship-counselling and scene-setting for the characters befor ...more
Jennie Rosenblum
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a light and easy read – light sci-fi, light romance, a touch of witty banter between characters (one of my favorites!) and a dose of a good storyline.
The main characters Zoey and her neighbor who just happens to be an Ambassador (from another planet) are well done and adorable in their trying to save the world yet follow their attraction kind of way. But for me, the best parts were the ones centering around the three women friends, Zoey, Sam and Emma. Their relationship and having each o
Alexandra Dumitru
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you get past the prologue, the novel is beautiful.
If you move past the prologue which is a few pages of raw sci-fi, the story is awesome! It does feel more like a Young adult than New adult, but given the age of characters, I understand the switch in genre.
What I do want to point out is that i came out of this book more educated in the science of space, black holes, possible dangers to our planet, i learnt something from it and that's a bonus point to the beautiful romance !
Fabbiola Evans
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Rabbit has a beautiful way to make you feel part of this flawless story. I’m really picky when it comes to reading books, and she had me reading this one for hours and hours. Thank you for such an amazing time.
Aitor
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A moreish and well written book! Has the fast pace of an action thriller to keep the reader on his toes and eager for more.
Alexis Leia
Dec 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
The only thing I dislike about Lost in Amber is my own late review of it! Lost in my own author's obligations and craziness, I took my slow time reading the book and preparing the review, which was a colossal mistake. I ended up loving it! Admittedly, sci-fi romance is not something I'm used to reading. In fact, I can remember only two authors of the genre who blew me away. Esther is probably going to end up on that list. I loved the humorous and snarky dialogs, the gradual development of romanc ...more
Esther Haddie's Haven
When I read the book description, I was very intrigued because the line "Twenty-four year old Zoey is at that particular point in her life when everything seems to be going sideways." is so relatable for me. I was in a similar position not too long ago. I really like Zoey's character; I think she developed nicely and was believable. Jasper was fantastic. Once he was brought in, there was no going back.
I really appreciate the fact that the storyline was not extremely intense with an overload of d
Ezperun
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lost in Amber takes girl power to a whole new level, exploring the lives of three extraordinary women: Zoey, Sam and Emma in their journey from breakup to “braveheart”. It was funny, hopeful and I adored the romance!
Coco.V
Jan 03, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/3/2020)! 🎁
Jennifer (DigiWrit)
I loved the premise; the concept was great. I liked Jasper's character, and there were some humorous moments and bits of dialogue, but I think it could've been a lot stronger.

-The opening chapter was a bit too info-dumpy; a whole lot is thrown at the reader in one blast, as though trying to get the main plot's explanation over with so as to move on with the story.

-The narrative and prose could use strengthening. At times the descriptions seemed a bit over the top or forced.

-I felt that the pac
Laran Mithras
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There was much about this book that immediately strikes a connection with every one of us.
"It was so easy in high school when all it took was the same taste in music and cool trainers."
And that typifies the ease with which Esther delivers her story to the reader. Easy to grasp and understand in a familiar way.

The story starts off with an intense "otherworldly" representation that isn't alien, even if it is.
Several surprising twists occur throughout this book much like the cadenced steps of a flu
Maria
May 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This paranormal romance novel is lovely, easy to read and so pleasant. If you decide to spend quality time in the company of tea/coffee/hot chocolate and awesome writing, then this is your book ! It has everything in it, funny,charismatic and easy to love characters, unbelievable situations in which you would definitely want to participate, beautiful visual phrases, perfect dialogue, and guess what a lot of feelings which make your cheek go read and happy to be alive.
I enjoyed every page, and I
Sreylak (Saylet) Hemingway
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am a 'Zoey' and I love you Jasper. That is how I'd like to start this review. I read this as part of Shhh We're Reading Dirty Books podcast and we can't wait to share this episode. You meet a group of 3 best friends that emit such a strong bond of girl power and friendship, while also introduced to Jasper and his group of out of our galaxy comrades. This book is definitely a step into a different type of paranormal world!
Karen Eisenbrey
After a prologue in which highly advanced extraterrestrials fret about a rogue scientist meddling with human genetics, the story comes down to Earth with a chick-lit plot of three friends, Zoey, Samantha, and Emma, who have all been dumped within days of each other. Their attempt at speed-dating seems played for laughs until Sam is kidnapped and Zoey discovers her cute downstairs neighbor Jasper is not what he seems, and neither is she. Flirting, training, and superpowered battles ensue as human ...more
Amber Bangsund

Genre: Action/Adventure, Paranormal, Sci-Fi

Length - # OF PAGES : 360 pages

Rating: 4.0 stars

Review by: Dryas

Review: We get to meet three plucky women: Zoey, Emma, and Sam who have all been divorced or dumped in the past week. Their world turns upside down when Zoey is walking back to her apartment after a night of speed dating and heard a strange noise from her downstairs neighbor’s apartme
« previous 1 3 next »
░N░e░w░ ░A░u░t░h░...: Esther Rabbit 11 13 Sep 29, 2019 04:55AM
New Adult Book Club: #39/19 ~ Lost in Amber by Esther Rabbit 8 37 Jun 19, 2019 10:55AM
Q&A With Esther R...: It's on! 10 17 Mar 25, 2019 10:22AM
Indie Authors Mon...: Lost in Amber: An Out Of This World Paranormal Romance 3 15 Feb 09, 2019 02:05PM

• Kathleen Hale Is a Crazy Stalker
  • Forever Still (Vampire Brides)
  • Forever Blood (Vampire Brides)
  • False Memory (False #1)
  • Some Call It Love
  • My Familiar Stranger (Knights of Black Swan, #1)
  • Doosra: The Other One
  • Lord Dashwood Missed Out (Spindle Cove, #4.5)
  • Dragon of Glass (Fae Shifter Knights, #1)
  • In a Badger Way (Honey Badger Chronicles, #2)
  • Daybreak (Girl from the Stars, #1)
  • Wanted for Pleasure, Trained for Sin
  • The Summer of Madness
  • Single in Southeast Texas
  • Afterlight (Dark Ink Chronicles, #1)
  • Winter (Evermore Academy, #1)
  • Frostbound Throne: Song of Night (Court of Sin #1)
  • Frostbound Throne: Song of Winter (Court of Sin #2)
Hi everyone! I’m Esther, proud millennial, writer and content creator for authors. When I’m not wearing my writer cape, I’m a Digital Marketing specialist helping brands define their online identity. Because I work remotely, I can actually travel the world while I’m at it, so I’ve been a perpetual nomad for quite some time and loving every second.

Devouring comics, superhero movies and reinventing

An Out of This World Paranormal Romance (2 books)
  • Found in Amber (An Out Of This World Paranormal Romance, #2)