Start by marking “Lost in Amber” as Want to Read:
Lost in Amber

Lost in Amber

A new Interplanetary Alliance ambassador on an earthbound mission. A handful of genetically altered humans to be rescued. Meeting her changed everything.

Twenty-four-year-old Zoey doesn’t have the time to mope over her recent breakup and deal with the royal mess that is heartbreak. Not when she learns she has alien genetic enhancements and powers beyond her control.
And

Published January 17th 2019 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Lost in Amber, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost in Amber

MrsJoseph
Wow. Where do I start??

Lemme see: I ran across this book as I was skimming GR’s never ending shithole of a homepage. So I guess the author can thank (blame) GR for introducing me to her work.

So. I ran across a blog post she wrote and it caught my eye – because it was yet another one of those “I’m a new SPA and I will bring attention to myself by being controversial because no publicity is bad publicity.” Normally I ignore those types because they always are bad writers but right now I am in the
Carole P. Roman
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lost in Amber takes off like a runaway train and the action doesn't stop until the last page. Zoey is bereft when the love of her life, James, leaves without explanation. Sam and Emma come to the rescue and the trio of girlfriends comfort each other through their assorted heartbreaks. That's just the beginning of their problems. Little do they know that Zoey's downstairs neighbor is an alien, sent to bring in humans whose DNA has been tampered with by a rogue scientist. Zoey is one of those affe ...more
Jane Savage
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Lost in Amber” is a story of love, betrayal, and adventure, but mostly it’s a story about Zoey, Jasper, and their friends. Esther Rabbit’s debut novel is full of quirky, lovable characters, each brought to life through Rabbit’s distinctive voice and set on a course that will change their lives forever.
Grady
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
‘Earth is primitive in its development – never for one moment have we imagined this
outcome!’

New author Esther Rabbit exercises her talent for writing by reaching out to upcoming writers to help them as a content creator. She also is a Digital Marketing Specialist, speaks four languages, and appears to be entering the genre of paranormal/fantasy/romances.

Esther offers a summary of this unique novel that touches on science as much as science fiction – utilizing the concepts of genetic enhancement
Miki
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really hope it hits the big screen!

This is exactly the type of novel that deserves a movie! I can picture it, the special effects, Jasper and Zoey finally giving into each other, telekinesis! Lost in amber was a very visual read, I laughed, panicked, and there was enough suspense to keep me on my toes! The word building of this novel is spectacular, descriptive but without going overboard and drowning in unnecessary details and I repeat, very very visual. Excited to read the sequel!!!
Dax Munro
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What determines good and evil?

Upon starting Esther Rabbit's Lost in Amber, I was amazed at the quality and depth of her work. the characters came alive on the page, each with their own unique and consistent personalities.

Zoey and Jasper were by far my favourite characters, each just as stubborn as each other.
This gripping debut novel explores our humanity, how we came to be here on Earth, and the potential of other life existing in the universe. It's wrapped up into an epic story of friendship,
Kristen Baird
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Funny, witty and entertaining.
This was an easy read with a gripping story. It has a good balance of a love story and adventure with strong, lead female characters.
Samantha
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great first novel by new author Esther Rabbit!

Main characters Zoey and her girlfriends Sam and Emma, are all currently grumbled in the love department, find themselves in the middle of an intergalactic skirmish thanks to a rogue scientist dabbling in genetics with the earthlings.

Sprinkled with pop culture references, this one is full of action, intrigue and romance!
Tomas K.
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, sci-fi
Roughly 4* with possible bias both up and down. For something outside my usual genre preference, it was enjoyable.
---
What surprised me is that even though the book takes some 20% to reach the first hints of action, said first 20% are often humorous which makes it easier to go through. While I was wondering how much of it I need to know, it fell into place shortly after instead of having to wait for a long time.
What felt a bit strange was that the human characters, despite being young women short
Jennie Rosenblum
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a light and easy read – light sci-fi, light romance, a touch of witty banter between characters (one of my favorites!) and a dose of a good storyline.
The main characters Zoey and her neighbor who just happens to be an Ambassador (from another planet) are well done and adorable in their trying to save the world yet follow their attraction kind of way. But for me, the best parts were the ones centering around the three women friends, Zoey, Sam and Emma. Their relationship and having each o
Mandy Haggard
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just wow!

5 stars!! The imagination and scientific facts in this story blew me away!
Also, the action was superb! Such an original story! Loved the dialog and all of the characters and their side stories.
I was entranced by the growing romance between Zoey and Jasper! Oh, man! The ending threw me for such a loop! I definitely recommend Lost In Amber!!!! Can't wait to find out what happens next!!!
Fabbiola Evans
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Rabbit has a beautiful way to make you feel part of this flawless story. I’m really picky when it comes to reading books, and she had me reading this one for hours and hours. Thank you for such an amazing time.
Rachel
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lost in Amber is a gorgeously iddy read from debut author Esther Rabbit. One of my favourite things is when you can tell the author really had a lot of fun writing their book and this is definitely the case with Lost in Amber. It makes me think a bit of a science-fiction Sex in the City, as the three female protagonists have very different personalities but absolute unwavering affection for each other. We start off with a lot of relationship-counselling and scene-setting for the characters befor ...more
Ezperun
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lost in Amber takes girl power to a whole new level, exploring the lives of three extraordinary women: Zoey, Sam and Emma in their journey from breakup to “braveheart”. It was funny, hopeful and I adored the romance!
Alexandra Dumitru
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you get past the prologue, the novel is beautiful.
If you move past the prologue which is a few pages of raw sci-fi, the story is awesome! It does feel more like a Young adult than New adult, but given the age of characters, I understand the switch in genre.
What I do want to point out is that i came out of this book more educated in the science of space, black holes, possible dangers to our planet, i learnt something from it and that's a bonus point to the beautiful romance !
Aitor
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A moreish and well written book! Has the fast pace of an action thriller to keep the reader on his toes and eager for more.
Samfreene
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lost in Amber: Esther Rabbit
Within the world there are those that are not human and are on Earth to protect the inhabitants from demise, destruction and loss of lives. The Universal Alliance is notified that their Ambassador Etienne has violated the rules and reasons he was sent to Earth and his fate has been determined. Trenton Beck worked along side him and has taken up what he started which needs to be addressed and the reasons for what he’s doing stopped. In a world not like ours where there
Amber Bangsund

Genre: Action/Adventure, Paranormal, Sci-Fi

Length - # OF PAGES : 360 pages

Rating: 4.0 stars

Review by: Dryas

Review: We get to meet three plucky women: Zoey, Emma, and Sam who have all been divorced or dumped in the past week. Their world turns upside down when Zoey is walking back to her apartment after a night of speed dating and heard a strange noise from her downstairs neighbor’s apartme
Caeli
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
From page one, this novel was a nonstop ride of clashing relationships, cunning conflict, and catchy dialogue, all of which were borne of an incredible imagination that fused romance, comedy, in drama in equal shares. A debut that has me longing for the author's next project.
Tracy
Feb 10, 2019
AlinaN
Feb 17, 2019
Esther Rabbit
Jan 21, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: by-esther-rabbit
Feb 04, 2019
Lezli
Feb 04, 2019
Q&A With Esther R...: It's on! 10 11 Mar 25, 2019 10:22AM
Indie Authors Mon...: Lost in Amber: An Out Of This World Paranormal Romance 3 13 Feb 09, 2019 02:05PM
Esther Rabbit is the Author of New Adult Paranormal Romance, Lost in Amber, Digital Marketing Specialist and Content Creator for upcoming writers.

If you too are an upcoming author or a veteran looking to improve your skills in the industry, you might consider checking out her website.

She speaks four languages fluently and as a self-proclaimed tech-geek, she likes to experiment with tools of the cr
“Over the two following post-breakup days, Zoey’s apartment held a different kind of music: the nose-blowing orchestra, the weeping philharmonic, the out-of-breath solo.” 0 likes
“If life had been a calligraphy contest she’d be the right-handed dummy attending her first lesson with the left hand.

She sympathized with the clumsy because she’d always felt like one, it was her own built-in teacher feature. Not understanding where she fit in came with a lot of drama and a lot of days in the rain with no umbrella.”
0 likes