Start by marking “If I Let You Go” as Want to Read:
If I Let You Go

If I Let You Go

Madison Connor is about to lose it. Her job, that is. For three years, she’s taken care of Dominic Hartley’s five year old daughter, Tilly, but her world is flipped on its head when Dominic tells her his latest promotion is taking him to New York. With Tilly having a meltdown over the move, Madison and Dominic get into a fight that changes the entire nature of their relati ...more
Kindle Edition
Published by Kyra Lennon (first published October 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about If I Let You Go, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If I Let You Go

Start your review of If I Let You Go
Andreea Pop
Now this is what I like to call epic cuteness!!! 4 heart-warming stars for this light awesome read! Read it in a couple of hours, since it's pretty short, but I enjoyed all of it and that ending left me wanting more <3 I discovered it like a month ago and the blurb instantly had me hooked. And after all the dramatic, steamy and overwhelming love stories I've recently read, this book was a much needed break :)

If I Let You Go tells the story of Madison, a live-in nanny for five-year-old Tilly, Dom
Soshi_fan
My Rating: 5 Stars
Characters: Madison- I really ended up liking her character a lot. She wasn't a push over and she wasn't overtly aggressive. She was a very nurturing and loveable character. Madison was the heart and soul of this novella along with Tilly.
Dominic - I felt that his characterization was hurt because this was a novella. I did not hate or like his character much because he was mostly away on business. The moments that the reader got glimpses into his life and his family I loved.
Ti
Lisa
Sep 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars
If I Let You Go was the first Kyra Lennon book I have read and I liked her writing style. The dialogue was real, the actions of the characters added to the story and I really enjoyed the POV of the heroine. I do not read a lot of book with children in them but Tilly was cute as a button; she added to the story and gave it a certain playfulness.

I really fell in love with the heroine, Madison. She was incredibly kind but also had some spunk and was not at all afraid to speak her mind. Sh
Christine Rains
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Madison has been Tilly's nanny for three years, and she's grown to truly love the sweet little girl. Both their worlds crumble when they learn that Tilly's father, Dominic has a new job and is moving with his daughter to New York. Tilly breaks down and Dominic doesn't know how to deal with her. He relies on Madison for help, but she's struggling with her own heartache. And it's not only about losing Tilly. Can she let go of Dominic too?

Kyra Lennon, author of Game On, has captured the reader once
Clare Dugmore
Sep 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kyra Lennon once again does what she does best - creates real, believable characters you can relate to, that step off the page and into your circle of friends.

From the get-go you can relate to Madison, as she brings Tilly home from school (with brilliant lines like "Anyone would think she’d just done a twelve hour shift at McDonald’s, not a day at school. Five years old, going on thirty."), tries to get ready for her boss Dominic's return, and then deals with the fallout from his bombshell that
Nick Wilford
Nov 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novella makes for a great read, which is easy to get into and engaging from the word go. But like Lennon's other work it's no fluffy love story; there is a lot of substance here and strong emotion in the situations which the author puts across with aplomb, for example the deep bond between the protagonist, Madison and her employer's daughter Tilly. As other reviewers have said, this little girl almost steals the show! She is not irritating but very believable. I enjoyed spending time with a ...more
Nikki
This was a cute short read that was a lot more emotional than I expected. The writing was very good and I'm assuming the 'slang' was great as well, but seeing as I'm not from London I didn't get some of it :) The story was great and I really liked the characters. The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the way it ended. It was a hea of sorts but without the defined ending where we know without a doubt whats in store for the characters after the last page is turned. That being said, it was still ...more
Susan Oloier
Jan 14, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If I Let You Go was a sweet and easy read. What I truly appreciated about the story was that it did not follow the overused, romantic path that so many contemporary books do: the love-at-first-sight, head-over-heels for someone romance. The relationship between Maddi and Dom was more realistic. Rocky at times and not quick to develop. In fact, they had a whole backstory of knowing one another before the novella even began. I loved Maddi’s emotional connection with five-year-old Tilly. This is th ...more
Becca Ann
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This novella is probably one of my favorites I've ever read. It was so sweet, and HELLO HOT! (I think I've read one particular scene way too many times ;)) Kyra does an excellent job of creating such amazing chemistry in so few words. Not only that, but there's a very sweet Father/daughter story as well. Love, love, love! ...more
Lisa
Sep 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: quickie-read
This book was short but I really liked it. The relationship between Madison and Tilly was so beautiful. It was really nice to see a single father trying to do everything he can for his daughter even he lost his way a little bit along the way.
Anupama CN
Oct 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ol i can manage to say is awwwwwwwwwwwwww!
like MAJOR this-is-simply-the-best-feeling-ever awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
n a lil more AWWWWWWWWWWWW!! :)
*sigh*

ps: for once i LOVE the cover
its soo pretty!
Curlies.Stories
Feb 15, 2020 rated it liked it
For the expectations I have for these kind of stories it was a fun read
Trisha
Krista
Jan 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Madison has been caring for Tilly for three years and Tilly is about to be ripped from her fingers. She's grown to love the little girl as her own. Dominic thinks he knows what is right for his daughter, but he hasn't been listening since he's been obsessed with his career. He's about to find out what it means to finally raise his daughter. If he doesn't change his mind, it isn't going to be pleasant.

The relationship between Madison and Dominic is steamy and intense. It's not cookie-cuter where
Cathy
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My heart is still pounding from reading this book because it was absolute perfection. This author in such a short period of time made me feel for these characters and her writing style made me laugh and just overall feel good. I loved it, every second of it and I wish there was more of it.

Madison is the nanny for Dominic's five year old daughter Tilly. Tilly has never really known her mother and for the past couple years, all she's known is Madison. These are formative years as well, I know I ha
Cherie
Nov 21, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An endearing novella, IF I LET YOU GO by Kyra Lennon has a lot of heart.

For three years, Madison Connor has taken care of and loved Dominic Hartley’s daughter Tilly. Dominic decides to move Tilly with him to New York, not thinking what it would do to Madison. She has to face life without a job, a purpose, and the people she’s grown to care about the most. She’ll have to find a way to move on, but can she let go?

IF I LET YOU GO is such a touching story. Madison and Tilly’s relationship is wonderf
CeCe
Dec 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2012, romance
I was pleasantly surprised as to how much I enjoyed this story. I really liked the author's writing style and plan to read more of her books.

I hope there is a sequel to this one. I emailed the author and asked her which also shows how much I liked the book. I don't bother contacting the author unless I liked the book.

The book is short. I only picked it up so that I would have something to read before another book that I really want to read came out.

My disappointment was that just when I was re
DrivenbyBooks
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*5 stars*
I really loved and enjoyed this short novella story. It was also my first read from this author and I'll definitely read more from her. Even though it was a short read, I really felt the emotions Madison went through and the little girl Tilly was just so adorable! I hope, maybe someday, we will have another book :-)

Madison has been a live-in nanny for a couple of years now for Dominic's little girl Tilly who she's become really close to and adores like she's her own daughter but when a
Alison
Synopsis:
Madison is having a pretty awful few weeks. Her boss just dropped a bomb on her saying he's moving to New York..and taking his almost 6 year old daughter, Tilly, with him. Madison has been Tilly's caregiver for the past three years. Not to mention she's about to lose her house, not to mention her sanity.

Prosecution:
There were way too many exclamation points where there shouldn't have been. Overall, it made Madison sound more chipper than she was.

Defense:
FINALLY, an editor for an ind
Mona
The touching story of a young woman in Great Britain hired by a desparate father to care for his toddler after his wife runs away with her lover and never returns.

After learning he can trust Madison to care for his daughter Tilly, Dominic throws himself into his work. As the years pass, he works more and more hours away from home and Madison is Tilly only stability, her only safe haven.

Then Dominic drops a bombshell.....he's transferring to New York in a few weeks and taking Tilly with him. The
Ann
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*5 stars*
I really loved and enjoyed this short novella story. It was also my first read from this author and I'll definitely read more from her. Even though it was a short read, I really felt the story of Madison. And the little girl Tilly was just so adorable! I hope, maybe someday, we will have another book :-)

Madison has been a live-in nanny for a couple of years now for Dominic's little girl Tilly who she's really come to love but when a decision Dominic has made turns her world upside down
Jenny - Book Sojourner
*3 1/2 stars*

I liked the characters of Madison, Tilly and Dominic. They had an interesting, familial dynamic that was sweet. I liked how Madison and Dominic were able to finally communicate with each other whether they were fighting or not. The fighting probably helped them to really see how they felt about each other and Tilly's situation. Nothing like a turn of events to send up sparks. I felt the passion between them. While certain aspects of their backstory were explored, I felt the characte
Medeia Sharif
Mar 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Madison has taken care of Dominic’s daughter, Tilly, for years since his wife is out of the picture. She’s alarmed when Dominic tells her that soon she'll lose her position because he’s moving to New York for his job. The news isn’t going well with Tilly and Madison is the only person who can calm her down. Madison and Dominic argue over the move and her role in their lives. Things become heated and feelings can’t be denied. Madison wonders if the two are meant to be with each other or if Domini ...more
Kyra
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
The idea for this story came around - in part - in a dream. I let the idea stew thinking there just wasn't enough to make it into a full length novel, so maybe I just wouldn't write anything at all. But the idea wouldn't leave me alone - it kept nagging, demanding to be written.

I weighed up my options again, but no matter how I looked at it, the only way to stretch the idea out was with long, pointless filler, so I chose to make it a novella. That way, I could keep it short and sweet!

Leigh Moore
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a fun, heartwarming, SEXAY story! Wow! :D

I loved watching Maddi and Dominic's relationship change. Maddi is so sweet with Tilly (Dom's daughter), and at times I wanted to shake Dom and make him open his eyes!!!

I also wanted to know more about Neil! He's totally Joe Manganiello in my head. (But Dom's still my new book boyfriend... ;o) The ending left me wanting a little more. *wink*

A great read--don't miss this one!
Sylvia Clail
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a lovely novella that gives you an idea of Kyra Lennon's work and I would highly recommend it. I listened to this book on audio and the narrator's voice was soothing.

It is a story of friendship to love and includes the character of a little girl Tillie who is just adorable and speaks to your heart.
Am not giving anything away in this review just go one click. The reason I gave 4 stars and not 5 is cause something tells me this is only a glimpse of Kyra Lennon's work.
Eileen
Sep 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
This is a sweet, funny love story. Madison is a great main character, and Dominic is a refreshing leading man, in that he isn't the usual over-confident, pain in the backside that often appears in love stories. He's ordinary, and somehow still very sexy. It's only a novella, so it won't take long to read - but it's enjoyable every step of the way! ...more
Lorraine.Hates.Cliffhanger.Endings!
Long enough to read over a few coffees on a Sunday morning.

Story was good and certainly got the point across about parents or parent in this instant thinking that money is more important than time in a childs life.

Thanks Kyra for making sure that Dominic, Madison & Tilly were all believable characters.
Jolene Perry
FAB read.
Sexy and sweet and fun.
Read it in a night and it was the PERFECT thing to give me some happy thoughts :-D

She did a great job balancing the relationship between the little girl and the woman and the dad. NOT an easy task in a book like this. Well done :-D
FreakChiq
Oct 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If I Let You Go, Y U so short? :(

A captivating plot, great characters, believable dialog, well done word-building, and on top of that, even some steamy skin-on-skin action. It's no wonder I enjoyed this novella so much. I just wish it would have been longer.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Looking Inside
  • Because You Are Mine (Because You Are Mine, #1)
  • Most of All You
  • Burying Water (Burying Water, #1)
  • В рокля на кралица
  • Scandalous Desires (Maiden Lane, #3)
  • The Wish Collector
  • Notorious Pleasures (Maiden Lane, #2)
  • When I'm with You (Because You Are Mine, #2)
  • Worth the Fight (MMA Fighter, #1)
  • The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never, #2)
  • Christmas Vows
  • All In (Only One Night #1)
  • Till I Kissed You (Cottonbloom, #3)
  • A Home for Lily
  • Lassoing the Virgin Mail-Order Bride
  • Fiancé by Friday (The Weekday Brides, #3)
  • Between the Lies
Kyra is a self-confessed book-a-holic, and has been since she first learned to read. When she's not reading, you'll usually find her hanging out in coffee shops with her trusty laptop and/or her friends, or girling it up at the nearest shopping mall. Lennon is a proud supporter of several charities. She currently volunteers for her local cat shelter as a fundraiser and social media guru. Kyra has ...more